Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 10:23   #7306
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Any recent OTR quotes of X3/X4?

I want to replace my Santa Fe and feel the bs4 clearance is a good time to do it. But am not satisfied with the options. I test drove the Alturas G4 today and compared to when i drove it when it launched, the engine seemed punchy and gear shifting was decent. What absolutely surprised me was the bounciness above 60kmph with such light steering. All the things i had liked about the car got marred by this. Coming from the Santa Fe which is rock stable even above 150 this scared me a bit. The road was highway with little unevenness but no potholes or anything like that. Have never drove body-on-frame suv but if Endeavor is similar i have to rule it out too. I prefer car like characteristics of my Santa Fe. Tiguan i feel is small and Kodiaq is wonderful but underpowered compared to Santa Fe, which leaves options from luxury brands.

What would be best SUV under 45-50 OTR? It will be self-driven and prefer it to have at a minimum all the features of from cars below it. Want a med/full size car unlike Tiguan/X1.
Kodiaq L&K 42-44 OTR is a great option in my opinion. I have not seen any reviews mentioning that it is underpowered, they all claim it as adequately powered. On paper, it is surely underpowered considering the size of the car.

Or wait for the Kodiaq vRS edition if you need more power.
Old 14th November 2019, 10:27   #7307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
A friend got one at Ahmedabad for around 51L.

Is that for D5 Inscription?

Just had a visit from Volvo salesperson.

Got some quotes:

XC40 R-design: Since its just launched, no offer. 40L ex-showroom for about 45-46L OTR.

XC60 Inscription: 67L OTR. I asked my friend who bought in Diwali said for 60L which he corrected was 62L. Its higher now because that was Diwali offer.

V90 CC: 68L, discount of 9L from 77L OTR.

Although he said there could be more discounts on both.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th November 2019 at 16:27. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 15th November 2019, 16:05   #7308
BHPian

Anyone aware of deals on VW Tiguan?
Old 15th November 2019, 16:42   #7309
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Anyone aware of deals on VW Tiguan?
The current Diesel Tiguan seems to have a second wind. Decent demand due to discounts. I am also looking to buy an urban SUV. Current offers are a discount of 3-5 lac on exShowroom.
Old 15th November 2019, 17:05   #7310
BHPian

Grab it once it gets in your budget because Tiguan not being available for months due to limited number of kits is real.
Old 15th November 2019, 17:45   #7311
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Reliable: CRV>Tuscon>Tiguan>X1

X1 scores maximum here, would get that.
These days BMW's are very reliable. I have a 3 series with me for more than5 years and it has zero issues. i would rate the reliability of X1 above the VW & Hyundai
anb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 07:26   #7312
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda is offering huge discounts, especially on CRV and Civic. This is an advertisement in local newspaper.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img_20191116_070147__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 10:46   #7313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Honda is offering huge discounts, especially on CRV and Civic. This is an advertisement in local newspaper.

I don't understand why Honda doesn't give more discount on BR-V. The car is overpriced compared to Ertiga, and that reflects in its poor sales. It's priced like Honda city, but is much less premium.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 12:42   #7314
BHPian

Just test drove Kodiaq style. It is one smooth SUV. Doesn't even feel like an SUV or it has lower power figures. It is miles more driver's car than Alturas i TD'ed couple of days back.

Was quoted 37.5 OTR for Style and 41.3 OTR for L&K.

Last edited by AnandB : 16th November 2019 at 12:44.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 15:59   #7315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I don't understand why Honda doesn't give more discount on BR-V. The car is overpriced compared to Ertiga, and that reflects in its poor sales. It's priced like Honda city, but is much less premium.
Mobilio was the one that competed with Ertiga. They have positioned BR-V as a 7 seater SUV rather than an MPV.
But I believe the market does not see it that way.
Old 16th November 2019, 17:22   #7316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
A 3 lakh discount on the Civic Diesel! Does that bring the V-MT Diesel within the 20 lakh on-road price point? If so, it might be a good option for people who have long highway rides and want a good fuel efficient car with best in segment efficiency, a decent power and torque output, high reliability, all creature comforts, a good looking car that offers decent value.

Also, for automotive enthusiasts, this represents a bit of a landmark engine, one of the last brand new small diesels to be developed in the world, where the art of engine design has reached a pinnacle of sophistication and optimization, however, has arrived too late to make a difference in the market due to negative customer perception precipitated by scandals.

Car & Driver sees this engine as the pinnacle of the efficient diesel genre: "The company’s decision to develop a next-generation ultra-clean turbo-diesel was made well Dieselgate scandal, but due to long development cycles, the Diesel Honda Civic is reaching its target market in Europe just as demand slumps for compression-ignition engines, thanks in large part to the scandal. The new engine isn’t about firepower, instead focusing on efficiency and emissions. And on those measures, it is almost unbeatable. More impressive is that the Civic is already able to pass the stringent new Euro 6D TEMP emissions standard—a year ahead of its implementation. Refinement is the i-DTEC’s most impressive quality. Company executives admit that it likely will be the last diesel it will develop. Within a technology generation, the case for spending the money necessary to develop another all-new diesel for a minority player like the Civic will almost certainly be gone. But it is fitting for such an engineering-led company that, despite its modest output, this little diesel should be remembered as one of the pinnacles of its genre"

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th November 2019 at 17:35.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 17:31   #7317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Mobilio was the one that competed with Ertiga. They have positioned BR-V as a 7 seater SUV rather than an MPV.
But I believe the market does not see it that way.
BR-V is definitely an MPV, not an SUV. Even their own brochure shows MPV use cases.

-

In another news, saw an ad on OLX that Tata Zest XTA is available with ₹ 2 lakh discount! I visited a showroom to check it out. What followed was a shock.

I told the receptionist that I want to enquire about Zest. She asked a salesman near her: "Zest hai kya?". He said No. Then she tells me: "we don't sell Zest. It is sold at commercial showroom only, for taxis."
Someone said on the Hexa thread that Tata is not interested in selling their cars. Doesn't seem to be an exaggeration at all!

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 16th November 2019 at 17:38.
pseudo_coder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 07:27   #7318
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Can anyone please share the best discounts or offers for Ford Ecosport in Bangalore?

I wish to make the best of it as I am interested in Ecoboost.

Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 11:54   #7319
Distinguished - BHPian

Good collation of Skoda's offers by Autocar India:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...35-lakh-414934
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 19:07   #7320
Senior - BHPian

Read an article on rushlane that Marrazo top spec M8 is available with a discount of 1.7lacs. That seems like a sweet deal to me if real.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks