Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2019, 17:29   #7201
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

It is true that 16 lac for a C segment sedan may look overpriced. But every segment has one or the other car whose top variant exceeds the price-value expectation from a material and non- material standpoint. On an Apple to Apple basis , the City, in my view , still beats every other car in many parameters. One may not regret much while driving the City and passing by other C segment cars ( Regular and compact Sedan- Suv) .
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 17:37   #7202
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Agree. CRV is the notable absence and i haven't test driven it yet. I think it's a case of self bias as I and our family has owned City and it has been a great reliable car but .. boring. It's the Corolla of the US and there might be a Honda fatigue here. Also, there is just no buzz around CRV either at Honda dealers or in the forums.

However, i concur that CRV cannot be ignored.

PS: Our car will be 80% driven by our driver.
There is a 4 lakh discount on the CRV right now. Its your best chance.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 06:18   #7203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
50K cash discount, plus 20k exchange bonus and small corporate discount. 70K would be easily attainable once you sit down with a cheque.
Can you please clarify if this is for petrol or diesel and also if it's for the manual or CVT? Because if i am able to squeeze that much out will probably just get the amaze considering the better gearbox and space it offers over the NIOS
Old 28th October 2019, 10:05   #7204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Can you please clarify if this is for petrol or diesel and also if it's for the manual or CVT? Because if i am able to squeeze that much out will probably just get the amaze considering the better gearbox and space it offers over the NIOS
Offer was for Diesel CVT before Diwali, do take a TD before taking the plunge
Old 28th October 2019, 10:42   #7205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Offer was for Diesel CVT before Diwali, do take a TD before taking the plunge
I have already driven the diesel CVT and i think that's probably best engine gear box combo this side of 10-11 lakhs, the other option being the polo tsi. Thanks for the confirmation.. This gives me some idea about how much to negotiate for.
Old 28th October 2019, 11:04   #7206
BHPian

Quote:
I have already driven the diesel CVT and i think that's probably best engine gear box combo this side of 10-11 lakhs, the other option being the polo tsi. Thanks for the confirmation.. This gives me some idea about how much to negotiate for.
Don't agree with your perception about Diesel CVT under 10-11 lakhs. Do check Ameo DSG and you would realise it is way ahead of Honda's Diesel CVT.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 11:10   #7207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Don't agree with your perception about Diesel CVT under 10-11 lakhs. Do check Ameo DSG and you would realise it is way ahead of Honda's Diesel CVT.
Ameo also scores over the Amaze in:

1. build quality
2. Features. The DSG version is fully loaded.
3. Driver seat comfort. Amaze has small front seats, almost same size as alto 800. Ameo has small rear seat, but if we need to pick one, better to habe good front seats.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 11:28   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I agree with you about the Ameo DSG but then it completely loses out to the Amaze in terms of rear seat space. This is going to be used as the daily drive for my wife and probably the weekend trip to the mall. It has been very difficult to find a car that doesn't bore to death ( Read AMT ) and at the same time doesn't burn a huge hole in the pocket. I am still batting for the Polo TSI but considering space available on the Amaze the wife who is also an enthusiast is reluctantly looking at the Amaze.

The Ameo was shot down by her because it just looks really ugly apart from the space thing. Amaze even though not one of the good looking ones offers some peace of mind in terms of service costs and being a Honda some decent resale value.
Old 28th October 2019, 11:51   #7209
BHPian

Quote:
The Ameo was shot down by her because it just looks really ugly apart from the space thing. Amaze even though not one of the good looking ones offers some peace of mind in terms of service costs and being a Honda some decent resale value.
Looks are subjective. Infact I feel the rear of Amaze is ugly especially with an after market looking chrome strip on the boot.

Ameo's only downer is the rear seat which has a floor hump. If you have 5 passengers in the car most times then you should not consider any compact sedan (may be the Dzire to the most)

If it is going to be just your wife and sometimes you with shopping bags then Ameo would satiate (as your wife is also an enthusiast)

Amaze is outright a cost cutting product which Honda has introduced only to mint some money. The Jazz is a better product than the Amaze.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 12:58   #7210
BHPian

Hi All,

Have been lurking for a while and have too many questions

Am exploring following vehicles: Tucson (Petrol), Jeep Compass (Petrol) and Harrier XZ.

Can you please help any ongoing discounts on above in Gurgaon?

I prefer a petrol vehicle.
Old 28th October 2019, 14:31   #7211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you about the Ameo DSG but then it completely loses out to the Amaze in terms of rear seat space. This is going to be used as the daily drive for my wife and probably the weekend trip to the mall. It has been very difficult to find a car that doesn't bore to death ( Read AMT ) and at the same time doesn't burn a huge hole in the pocket. I am still batting for the Polo TSI but considering space available on the Amaze the wife who is also an enthusiast is reluctantly looking at the Amaze.
Have almost the same criteria in my mind for the next ride, but I expect it to be a reliable work horse that will never let me down. Amaze's front seats were the reason why I requested you to take a TD, it was almost a deal-breaker for me! Sadly there is no other automatic fugal enough with a decent reliable gearbox.

I am tempted to abandon the idea of a new car itself.

Other cars considered:

Ignis AMT: Might help me save some money, but space and practicality are the two main compromises. Had it been proven to be safe, would have accepted the shortcomings.

Jazz CVT: Not powerful enough for my needs, would be difficult on single lane highways while overtaking, everything else seems to be perfect.

VW DSG : DSG is both the UPS and negative, diver seat of our Polo was not very supportive, giving it a miss probably.

XL6 AT: 4 speed auto won't be efficient enough, rest is all very good.

Swift/Baleno/Dzire AMT: Don't feel safe at all, even Ignis feels better put together, no offence to owners. They excellent cars for city use.

Wagon R AMT: Again safety issues, seats are too soft, everything else was spot-on! Easy to see why it sells so much once I sat inside.

Brezza AMT: This one was almost finalised, BUT many reviews pointed to harsh ride quality, which is a big no no for me. Stiff rides are fine, don't want to tire myself since comfort is the reason for choosing an autobox.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 28th October 2019 at 14:32.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 00:51   #7212
BHPian

Started my search for a new car as our Vento Highline 1.6 MPI is 7 years old. Odo has clocked 95,000 Kms already. Has started showing signs of ageing. Some or the other niggle keeps cropping up. E.g. Coolant leakage, Stuck clutch, Tie member breaks without any major impact, Engine lights comes up & disappears next day. Actually, I want to use the car for 2 more years but I don't feel the car reliable anymore for long roadtrips. Hence, started looking for a new car.

Criteria
  • High ground clearance is a must.
  • Similar / More space than Vento.
  • Similar / More power than the current ride.
  • Mostly a diesel.

Some of the cars that I am considering right now -
  • Jeep compass
  • Tata Harrier
  • Kia Seltos

Some of the cars that I am NOT considering -
  • Ford Ecosport - Less space.
  • Maruti Suzuki SCross - Underpowered & bland.
  • Mahindra XUV 500 - Looks very old.
  • MG Hector - Not keen on buying a Chinese car

I TDed below -

Harrier
Harrier is the one which I am liking very much. It's styling, road presence and #Dark edition is mind blowing.

Somehow, Harrier is not a practical car for City.
  • Space - Humongous. Best in class i would say.
  • Boot - Very good. Usable space is a lot. Much better than compass.
  • Power / Pick up - Has 3 modes. Eco, City & Sport. Drove in City & Sport. Sport is real fun.
  • Ride quality - Very good.
  • Steering feedback - Weird. Didn't feel confident.
  • Handling - Decent.
  • Pricing - 20.52 lacs on road with some discounts. Will get in 20 lacs.
Lots of buzz around BS6 variant with 170 PS, 18 inch alloys, Panaromic sunroof etc. Speculated to launched in Feb 2020. Wanting to wait for it.

Seltos
Seltos is very practical car for City driving.
  • Space - Just Ok. Better than Ecosport.
  • Boot - Decent.
  • Power / Pick up - Responsive and good feel (3rd gear is interesting).
  • Ride quality - Okish.
  • Steering feedback - Super light. Hyundaish. I don't like such.
  • Handling - Drove in traffic. Couldn't test thoroughly.
  • Pricing - KXT+ is overpriced. Somewhere around 19 lacs. Didn't feel worth it.

Compass
  • I have driven it thoroughly in Himachal / Spiti Valley and understand it's capabilities. Though it lacks plush interiors and features which others offer.
  • Pricing - Limited 4x4 2018 model for 24.1 lacs (for company).

Now i am really confused if I should wait for Harrier 2020 edition which might cost around 24 lacs and will have more features than what Compass offers now. Or just go for the Jeep compass deal which is very lucrative at this point of time.

I am also not sure if there are any other cars which i should give it a thought.

-
nexus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 07:04   #7213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I am also not sure if there are any other cars which i should give it a thought.

-
Did you consider Tucson?
Old 29th October 2019, 08:59   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsy View Post
Did you consider Tucson?
Not really. I am not a Hyundai fan. Moreover, the Hyundais that I have driven so far were not that impressive considering the handling. I feel that the steering is super light with no feedback. It doesn't give me confidence.
nexus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:02   #7215
BHPian

Renault offers around 1 Lakh for previous gen Duster 4WD and current gen 5000 cash discount + 5000 corporate offer.

Having doubt always that "Do they really interested to sell vehicles" Not sure whether its the salesman's prejudicial attitude or is that's how the sales are motivated by Renault , This is in OMR Chennai

Last edited by trtraj : 29th October 2019 at 11:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks