Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 15:12   #7336
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Do we know of Hyundai pricing for November? In the lookout for a small auto hatch and was contemplating the Santro Sports AMT SE model
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:41   #7337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
F-pace was offered at 9 lakhs off ex-showroom so approx 55L. Anyone got any better?
XC90 was offered at 10 lakhs off ex-showroom so 78L. XC60 no discount.
I had managed to get it to about 12 Lac off OTR. However, dropped the plan as some other expenses came up.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:34   #7338

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi friends, I am confused between Amaze Diesel CVT Vx Vs Ameo DSG Diesel Highline, the onroad discounted price quoted by dealer (under corporate registration) for Amaze is 11.3L OTR and Ameo is 10.9L OTR.

Please suggest as my major usage would be city driving of 35 kms daily so need an automatic and prefer good drivability and low NVH. Requesting your views if none of the above than any other car
Mr_Pinkcity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:48   #7339
BHPian

If you like driving then go with Ameo as DSG is great. Although Amaze might be more spacious i think.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:20   #7340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pinkcity View Post
Hi friends, I am confused between Amaze Diesel CVT Vx Vs Ameo DSG Diesel Highline, the onroad discounted price quoted by dealer (under corporate registration) for Amaze is 11.3L OTR and Ameo is 10.9L OTR.

Please suggest as my major usage would be city driving of 35 kms daily so need an automatic and prefer good drivability and low NVH. Requesting your views if none of the above than any other car
I'd strongly suggest you look at the Rapid Diesel AT now since the prices have become very attractive after the price cut. The Ambition AT has a price of 11.35 ex showroom and if you bargain further, you might be able to get very close to the price of an Amaze. For a few thousands more, you'll get a bigger and better car

Cheers!
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:22   #7341
BHPian

Quote:

Having test driven both, I found a definite lag in throttle response in Ameo. No such lag in Amaze. Theoretically, we would expect the opposite, since CVT has rubber band effect and DSG has quickest shifts.
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:23   #7342
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps you could compare the experience of dsg vs cvt in a high speed- low speed- back to high speed scenario , eg 100-30 and back from 30 to 100 kph. There you will see the superiority of the dsg. Also , during quick single lane highway overtaking manuevers- i have both the GT TSI and the Honda City cvt and the difference is pretty clear. Should be even amplified with the diesels.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:27   #7343
BHPian

Quote:
just bought the amaze diesel vx cvt for 10.7 OTR 2 weeks ago. Would have saved an additional 8k if i got insurance done outside. So 11.3 sounds too high. Also i had got a quote of 9.85 OTR for the Ameo Dsg at the same time, was told that's about 2.1 lakhs off sticker. But i had already booked the amaze by then. Its a decent car to drive around town. Have never felt any lack of power or the rubber bamd effect that CVT usually has. It is spacious too, especially when compared to Ameo. 2 downsides i came across are the size of the driver seat and the engine noise. It's a loud diesel when compared to hyundai CRDI. I have gotten used to it though and if you play music you cannot hear anything ��

Last edited by manson : 25th November 2019 at 00:45. Reason: Typos.
Old 24th November 2019, 08:15   #7344
BHPian

Any update on discounts associated with Octavia 1.4tsi base variant? I am hearing just 50k off as of now.
Old 25th November 2019, 00:24   #7345

Hi Friends, Is vento DSG TDI highline worth Rs.2.8 Lac over Ameo DSG TDI Highline plus. Any views please.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:20   #7346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends, Is vento DSG TDI highline worth Rs.2.8 Lac over Ameo DSG TDI Highline plus. Any views please.
Dear friend,

Ameo is a Polo with the "small" boot added "inside" the Polo
Vento is a Polo with a "big" boot added "outside" the Polo

All other things equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Not exactly. Vento has a longer wheelbase and hence much better legroom at the rear seat. Design-wise ofcourse it's a polo+ large boot albeit with a better wheelbase.

But you are right about Ameo, it's just a polo+small boot.
You are absolutely right there. I just tried to answer it in the simplest of ways, easiest to understand !

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 25th November 2019 at 17:33.
vinit.merchant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:23   #7347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Dear friend,

Ameo is a Polo with the "small" boot added "inside" the Polo
Vento is a Polo with a "big" boot added "outside" the Polo

All other things equal
Not exactly. Vento has a longer wheelbase and hence much better legroom at the rear seat. Design-wise ofcourse it's a polo+ large boot albeit with a better wheelbase.

But you are right about Ameo, it's just a polo+small boot.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th November 2019 at 17:25.
SoumenD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 20:07   #7348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know about the current offers on Honda Jazz VX CVT?
I am being offered 50k cash discount and a 20k exchange bonus
Booked a November manufactured Jazz VX CVT with a 90k discount, with an on road price of 10.26L, with free add-ons of seat covers and mud flaps.
Neur0t0xin is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 20:42   #7349
BHPian

Visited my friend at MB dealer at Ahmedabad:
Fully loaded GLC @ 50L on road!
GLA @ 30L on road.
troublemaker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 22:29   #7350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Visited my friend at MB dealer at Ahmedabad: