Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:23   #6916
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
I haven't read any news but don't want to be victim if it does happen. That's why I was keen to close the deal in March itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, the auto industry is going through a very sluggish period & dealer inventories are also sky high. Some of these "price hike coming" announcements might just be gimmicks to clear up existing stock. On a related note, be sure to bargain hard. No better time to get discounts.
I have a test drive planned for later today. As far as discounts go , I was informed only 15k exchange bonus for petrol XZA+ Nexon for 2019 models. For 2018 models first year insurance at Re.1 & 15k exchange bonus. This seems pretty less. Diesel seems to have more discounts which is weird as I thought diesel was the preferred option among the two.

Can others please point out about possible discounts on Nexon P XZA+ and which dealership to go for? Am based out of Bannerghatta road area.

TIA

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd March 2019 at 13:34.
Old 23rd March 2019, 22:29   #6917
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Tata hiking prices from April 1, 2019.

https://wap.business-standard.com/ar...2300300_1.html
Old 24th March 2019, 17:40   #6918
BHPian

Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol Manual

Ex-showroom price: 9,55,500
Zero Dep Insurance: ~55,927
RTO: 1,10,357
Extended Warranty: 12,966
Accessories:4,219
On road price:11,38,969

How much should I ask for discount? Should I say 11 Lakhs on road?
I am told that Corporate discount of 5000 will be offered.

Also can anyone show me actual pictures of Race Red color please on PM if this is not the right thread? I liked white, black, red, blue and brown colors. I will most likely not go with black and blue.

Last edited by HarshGtR : 24th March 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Added some stuff
Old 24th March 2019, 19:11   #6919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol Manual

Ex-showroom price: 9,55,500
Zero Dep Insurance: ~55,927
RTO: 1,10,357
Extended Warranty: 12,966
Accessories:4,219
On road price:11,38,969

How much should I ask for discount? Should I say 11 Lakhs on road?
I am told that Corporate discount of 5000 will be offered.

Also can anyone show me actual pictures of Race Red color please on PM if this is not the right thread? I liked white, black, red, blue and brown colors. I will most likely not go with black and blue.
Zero dep insurance of ₹56k
Have you tried asking the dealer to match outside quote? Or is it the same outside as well? I had got Tata AIG insurance from dealer for ₹32k for my Trend Plus AT. Ofcourse the 3 year third party may have pushed the premium higher but ₹56k seems too much to me.

You can ask the dealer to give 3rd year extended warranty as corporate discount. Check this for eligibility -
https://www.india.ford.com/shopping/...porate-Offers/

Also ask the dealer for a break up of that RTO charge.

What accessories are you getting for that ₹4k? I had bargained and got mud flaps, floor & boot mats and car cover for free.

I'll PM you race red photos from our Facebook group
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 19:28   #6920
BHPian

Visited Trident Hyundai today afternoon. This is next to Kaveri Theater. Was met by one Mr. Salman Khan who clearly explained all the features of the car. We went to test drive the Creta. The test drive was arranged in super quick time. The SA readily agreed to allow me to drive it to my house to check if the car fits the parking place also.

After the drive, he explained all the features of the car very well. 5 stars for the dealership experience. However, what threw a spanner in the works is the cost. The Creta Diesel SX (O) Executive version costs just a shade below 20 lacs in Bangalore

The Creta fits my family requirements to the T but i just can't get myself to part with 20 big ones on it. Has anyone managed to get any discounts on the Creta?

Attaching the price list i got from the SA
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-whatsapp-image-20190324-6.58.20-pm.jpeg  

Old 24th March 2019, 19:43   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Zero dep insurance of ₹56k
Have you tried asking the dealer to match outside quote? Or is it the same outside as well? I had got Tata AIG insurance from dealer for ₹32k for my Trend Plus AT. Ofcourse the 3 year third party may have pushed the premium higher but ₹56k seems too much to me.

You can ask the dealer to give 3rd year extended warranty as corporate discount. Check this for eligibility -
https://www.india.ford.com/shopping/...porate-Offers/

Also ask the dealer for a break up of that RTO charge.

What accessories are you getting for that ₹4k? I had bargained and got mud flaps, floor & boot mats and car cover for free.

I'll PM you race red photos from our Facebook group
The insurance amount is like this:
Insurance charges: 50481 (I also checked it on Carwale and this is the exact same amount.)
Nil dep amount: 5446

I'll check with other insurance companies as well.
Accessories include mud flaps, floor and boot mats. I'm not sure about body cover though. How much should I push? The manager was very happy to see us as we currently own Figo. He has assured us of a good deal once we finalize the color. But I don't know how good it can be? I'll ask for extended warranty for free.

One more thing, I'm also told that RTO is going to hike RTO charges by up to 12k from 1st April. Is this true?
Old 24th March 2019, 20:13   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
The insurance amount is like this:
Insurance charges: 50481 (I also checked it on Carwale and this is the exact same amount.)
Just get insurance on your own from any of the online portals. You will save a serious packet of money, easily around 20-25 k or thereabouts. There is no particular advantage of buying from the dealer and gifting them that huge margin they are charging.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 21:26   #6923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH6 View Post
Jfyi. I was offered 67k discount for top end 2.8Z AT in Mumbai. OTR 27L. Didnt proceed so far. Thinking of Octy instead.
Would be booking a GX Auto tomorrow here in Pune. Have got the rates to Rs 20L on road + free accessories worth Rs 25k. Effectively Rs 19.75 from the standard list price of 21.14 L. Will be pushing for more before signing the cheque.
coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 04:32   #6924
y2k
BHPian

Looking forward to buy Honda Amaze S CVT (Will be my first car purchase)

Collected quotes from 3 dealers and so far the best (apparently) is as follows.

Honda Amaze S CVT (Base Colour - Not the premium White priced higher)
Ex-Showroom (Mumbai) -7,55,900
Honda Assure (w/ Engine Protect and key cover) - 31,764 (I am wondering how I can get quotes from insurance companies without having to give my contact details to avoid irritating calls and messages later)
Reg. Charges - 86,312 (Wondering if this is priced correctly or will it be different if I do it myself if that is even possible)
Fastag - 600
Basic Accessory Kit - 3238 (Includes a basic floor mat and pillows along with labor charges or so I've been told)

The above takes the on-road price to 8,77,675
Further,
Ex. Warranty (up to 5th yr) - 11,343
Nil Dep. 5508
IMV + RC (If I Finance the deal) - 1700

Total 8,96,365
March/Dealer/Quarter/(Insert Label) Discount 65000 (Because I told him I'm collecting quotes from all 3 dealers in the city and he informed that he has the biggest targets of all the dealers that he is far from achieving)
New Total 8,31,365 - Rounded down to 8,30,000 and written in the rough quote.

Now, I questioned as to why I'm not getting the Ext. warranty and Annual Maintenance Program (3 years) as stated on Honda's website under current offers. It is also stated on the dealers website under March offers. To this the Sales manager replied that it simply won't be possible sir. complained about expensive the insurance is and we finally (verbally) settled on 8,25,000.

This is the most successful haggle so far I could do of all the dealers I visited over this past weekend. I'm unsure if this is the best that can be had and that I should go ahead with booking by paying about 20K-25K. He said he'll have to order the car and it may take upto 2-3 weeks. I'll have time till then to find a good finance deal but that is for another thread.

Can somebody experienced and senior forum members please validate the quote above- given that it is not just month ending but also quarter and financial year ending. This is S CVT variant so I'm looking at getting some accessories as well. Somewhat stretched on the budget front and would like to know if I should wait until a month or two for a better price or just lock it- he needs to know by 26th March.
Old 25th March 2019, 08:30   #6925
Senior - BHPian

Is this the petrol version?

The price seems great in my view. But I would suggest you go for the higher version rather than after market fitment.
Old 25th March 2019, 08:32   #6926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k View Post
Honda Assure (w/ Engine Protect and key cover) - 31,764 (I am wondering how I can get quotes from insurance companies without having to give my contact details to avoid irritating calls and messages later)
Just give a fake number on their website and get the quote. Then ask the dealer to match the same.

Quote:
Reg. Charges - 86,312 (Wondering if this is priced correctly or will it be different if I do it myself if that is even possible)
Definitely doable on your own. Else just ask the dealer for a break up of the registration charges to see how much extra they're charging over and above. There must be some agent fees included, so you can see if that's acceptable or too much and then decide accordingly.

Quote:
Basic Accessory Kit - 3238 (Includes a basic floor mat and pillows along with labor charges or so I've been told)
See if you can bargain with them to get these as freebies. Else better to look for aftermarket ones, you'll get better choices at lesser prices.

Quote:
Further,
Ex. Warranty (up to 5th yr) - 11,343
Nil Dep. 5508
IMV + RC (If I Finance the deal) - 1700
Does Honda have any corporate discount? If yes, then please check if you're eligible and see what you can get for it.

Quote:
Somewhat stretched on the budget front and would like to know if I should wait until a month or two for a better price or just lock it- he needs to know by 26th March.
As you've rightly pointed out, this is the year and quarter end, so dealers need to meet their targets. Also AFAIK, Amaze is doing really well. So IMO, this might be the best deal you can get at this time of the year.
Old 25th March 2019, 12:15   #6927
y2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Is this the petrol version?

The price seems great in my view. But I would suggest you go for the higher version rather than after market fitment.
Yeah it is the petrol version. Sorry forgot to mention. My usage won't be more than 18km-20km a day in an average as I can think of right now. Besides diesel prices are catching up with petrol and with electric cars on the verge I read somewhere (reputed source), can't remember where, that diesel cars will soon be going out.

I'm a bit stretched on my budget already and for my first car, I think I'll settle for S variant over V variant. I'm only precious about the rear defogger on V CVT variant. Anything else doesn't interest me as much. The difference is 70K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Just give a fake number on their website and get the quote. Then ask the dealer to match the same.

Definitely doable on your own. Else just ask the dealer for a break up of the registration charges to see how much extra they're charging over and above. There must be some agent fees included, so you can see if that's acceptable or too much and then decide accordingly.

See if you can bargain with them to get these as freebies. Else better to look for aftermarket ones, you'll get better choices at lesser prices.

Does Honda have any corporate discount? If yes, then please check if you're eligible and see what you can get for it.

As you've rightly pointed out, this is the year and quarter end, so dealers need to meet their targets. Also AFAIK, Amaze is doing really well. So IMO, this might be the best deal you can get at this time of the year.
So I haven't done this before. You mean I can get the insurance quote right there on the website if ai give a fake number and not as a call back, sms or email? Planning to call Royal Sundaram, Lombard, Bajaj and AIG anyway.

I think I'll ask for the breakup of registration and let them handle it anyway. I read they've their way around the RTO and don't have to take the car their unlike we've to.

For accessories I really tried pushing then but since the stuff isn't much (floor mat, mud guard, rear parking camera, utility kit for bumper protection, body moulding and well maybe the fancy door lights at each of the door as seen in exclusive edition) - I'll see which of these have no wiring work involved so as to not void the warranty and go for after market. Rest I'll purchase from dealer.

They haven't heard of the company I work for (although it's over 35 year old IT comment and listed on exchange but a s m all cap) so it is possibly not on the list but good point. I'll ask them to confirm.

Planning to confirm the deal tomorrow if he can agree to the insurance bit. I imagine he'll lose quite a bit there that he didn't see coming but then I've lost on the ext warranty and maintenance package deal too.
Old 25th March 2019, 18:32   #6928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k View Post
Yeah it is the petrol version. Sorry forgot to mention. My usage won't be more than 18km-20km a day in an average as I can think of right now. Besides diesel prices are catching up with petrol and with electric cars on the verge I read somewhere (reputed source), can't remember where, that diesel cars will soon be going out.

I'm a bit stretched on my budget already and for my first car, I think I'll settle for S variant over V variant. I'm only precious about the rear defogger on V CVT variant. Anything else doesn't interest me as much. The difference is 70K.
Cant PM you, can you connect with me on PM?
Old 25th March 2019, 18:58   #6929
y2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Cant PM you, can you connect with me on PM?
Just tried and can't find the option to PM you. Thats strange. Perhaps it has to do something with me being a new member on the forum and haven't yet completed the 25 posts so limited on privileges still.
Old 25th March 2019, 22:41   #6930
BHPian

Booked a 2019 Creta SX diesel AT today in Chennai for a total amount of ₹1807500 on road which included B2B insurance. This was the best that I could squeeze out and next day delivery as they have ready stock of creta.

Last edited by zwift1819 : 25th March 2019 at 22:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks