Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 18:32   #6376
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any one looking out for discounts on the Figo/aspire and ecosport, ford has announced a discount of upt 30k rupees. Surprisingly this has been attributed to lower tax benefits due to GST though im not sure small cars(<4m) get any benefits.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58894917.cms

Surprisingly no mention of price cut on the Endeavour! which should benefit the most from the New GST rates.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 29th May 2017 at 18:33.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 19:28   #6377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Any one looking out for discounts on the Figo/aspire and ecosport, ford has announced a discount of upt 30k rupees. Surprisingly this has been attributed to lower tax benefits due to GST though im not sure small cars(<4m) get any benefits.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58894917.cms

Surprisingly no mention of price cut on the Endeavour! which should benefit the most from the New GST rates.
Yes, I know... Poor endeavour customers! :P

But I just read it too. EcoSport cheaper by 30k.
Old 29th May 2017, 19:46   #6378
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Ford India and Isuzu have joined Mercedes and Audi in announcing price cut across their models.

Ecosport will be cheaper upto 30,000/- while the Figo and Aspire will be cheaper by 10,000-25,000.
Ford EcoSport, Figo And Aspire Offered With GST Benefits Up To ₹ 30,000

Isuzu is offering upto 1.5L on it's V-Cross and MU-X

GST effect on cars: Isuzu Motors joins Mercedes-Benz and Audi, offers discount of Rs 1.5 lakh
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 20:34   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the advantage that Pondicherry offers is on the road tax? The road tax charges in Pondicherry is very low when compared to Tamil Nadu and that's where the price difference for on road price comes in. GST does not include road tax, so don't see how the on road cost advantage that Pondicherry offers will get eroded.
True that. Tnx a lot y2ksrs.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:49   #6380
BANNED

Pardon my ignorance if already clear, but why is Audi slashing price "till 30th June" Shouldn't the price cut be permanent after the implementation of GST?
I believe the BMW and Audi type of deals are using GST as a reason to justify the already big deals that were available on the cars
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 20:52   #6381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Pardon my ignorance if already clear, but why is Audi slashing price "till 30th June" Shouldn't the price cut be permanent after the implementation of GST?
I believe the BMW and Audi type of deals are using GST as a reason to justify the already big deals that were available on the cars
Mercedes' excuse for the limited time offer is that incase the GST implementation is delayed, or doesn't work how they expect it to, they'll roll the prices back to the original price until the proper implementation and effects of GST are realised. I'm assuming it's the same for Audi.

But I believe it's a thinly veiled stock unloading discounting exercise.

Last edited by Porcupine : 29th May 2017 at 20:59. Reason: Typo
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 20:56   #6382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Mercedes' excuse for the limited time offer is that incase the GST implementation is delayed, or doesn't work how they expect it to, they'll roll the prices back to the original price until the proper implementation and effects of GST are realised. I'm assuming it's the same for Audi.

But I believe it's a thinly veiled stock unloading.discounting exercise.
It almost makes sense, except that they are offering discounts before the GST is even on! That should literally work out to be a loss for the company since they would be paying the extra 10 percent tax from their own pocket on any car sold with the current taxation.
Obviously they're not ones to work on losses, so it's clear what's happening here
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 17:29   #6383
BHPian

Good news for guys looking to buy S Cross!

I just got a call from my NEXA SA confirming the following discounts on all variants of S Cross:
- 20k cash discount
- 30k exchange discount(20k earlier)
- 20k Corporate discount for select Companies(10k earlier)

Looks like the facelift will come sooner than expected
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 13:30   #6384
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
I thought this feeling was with me only. Maruti dealerships also seems to be in the same path. I put a test drive request on maruti website for brezza one and a half months ago. Promptly, i got a call from maruti the next day. They inquired about my location and suggested the nearest dealer Popular Maruti.
I registered my interest for Baleno RS a month ago through their website. No email. No sms. No callback yet. Guess they are still busy with their backlogs.

Whats more creepier is, the Nexa guys somehow knew that I was not going to buy one for another year at least and decided I was not worth following up.
Old 6th June 2017, 14:01   #6385
BHPian

Is the below news in autocar website true ?

"Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus
Save up to Rs 1 lakh
The recently launched top-spec Vento Highline Plus is being offered at a discount of around Rs 1 lakh at most dealerships. It gets LED headlamps and additional features like a reverse-parking camera. Direct rivals include the Ciaz, the City and the Skoda Rapid."
Old 6th June 2017, 17:37   #6386
BHPian

Yes Absolutely true, you can even push them for more if your bargain skills are good. I am being offered 1L discount by both mumbai and vapi dealer. And this is on my first visit to the showrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Is the below news in autocar website true ?

"Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus
Save up to Rs 1 lakh
The recently launched top-spec Vento Highline Plus is being offered at a "
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Good news for guys looking to buy S Cross!

I just got a call from my NEXA SA confirming the following discounts on all variants of S Cross:
- 20k cash discount
- 30k exchange discount(20k earlier)
- 20k Corporate discount for select Companies(10k earlier)

Looks like the facelift will come sooner than expected
one of the mumbai dealer offered 55K cash discount on any variant.
Old 6th June 2017, 19:04   #6387
BHPian

FYI to Bangalore Celerio prospects!

Car: Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXI (O) AMT
Cash Discount: 30k
Exchange Bonus: 25k
Accessories Credit: 6k
Old 6th June 2017, 23:30   #6388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
FYI to Bangalore Celerio prospects!

Car: Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXI (O) AMT
Cash Discount: 30k
Exchange Bonus: 25k
Accessories Credit: 6k
Are there any discounts on manual variant? And what about wagon-r ?

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 6th June 2017 at 23:37.
Old 7th June 2017, 03:35   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Are there any discounts on manual variant? And what about wagon-r ?
Cash discount for Celerio manual variant is 15k although Wagon R does have 30K cash discount to the best of my knowledge.
gubbi555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 11:13   #6390
Distinguished - BHPian

Pre-GST rollout offers from Mahindra, for the month of June 2017:

- Cash discount of Rs 75,000/- across the entire XUV500 range.
- Cash discount of Rs 2,06,300/- on the Ssangyong Rexton. (Rs 50,000/- Exchange Bonus too)

In addition, I am offered Rs 15,000/- as Exchange Bonus & Rs 15,000/- as Corporate Discount on the XUV500.

Hardly anything on the Scorpio, though.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-image1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks