Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 17:18   #211
BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Whats really new here? and why should it take so long to develop if there aint much new??

(honest question)
Perhaps it's taking M&M so long because they might have tuned the engine to produce 140 bhp and maybe it's not functioning right or the interior might still have a few rough edges and they might change the shape of the dash before the final release.
Just my thoughts
Old 28th January 2014, 10:54   #212
Senior - BHPian

The 2014 Scorpio facelift is caught testing on the NH8 near Jaipur. Here are the pics (courtesy Motorbeam):

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-500x375x2014mahindrascorpiospyshot.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dgghmdauc.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-500x375x2014mahindrascorpiospyshotrear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.l0mibu05r4.jpg

It is clear from the pics that the SUV gets LED taillights. Motorbeam is also speculating following changes on the exterior:

1. A new set of headlamps featuring projector lights and LED DRLs;
2. The grille will be reworked along with a new front bumper;
3. Probably new body cladding; &
4. The rear section, as we mentioned above, will get new LED tail lights along with a redesigned tail gate.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:53   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Perhaps it's taking M&M so long because they might have tuned the engine to produce 140 bhp and maybe it's not functioning right or the interior might still have a few rough edges and they might change the shape of the dash before the final release.
Just my thoughts
I dont think 140bhp is happening because I recall reading somewhere that the current Gearbox cant handle that torque

also why would they bring the engine output to XUV levels ?

As such the Scorpio has a very driveable engine and with its lighter weight compared to the Safari, makes good use of even the 120bhp. So 20 extra horses wont do much good.
Old 28th January 2014, 13:13   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I dont think 140bhp is happening because I recall reading somewhere that the current Gearbox cant handle that torque

also why would they bring the engine output to XUV levels ?

As such the Scorpio has a very driveable engine and with its lighter weight compared to the Safari, makes good use of even the 120bhp. So 20 extra horses wont do much good.
I think it is not because of any increased bhp or torque. If they wanted, they could have got 140bhp with the same engine itself, like the XUV. The reason for this heavy testing, is Mahindra is finally getting rid of the Scorpio bugbear, namely very poor handling and ride quality.
Old 31st January 2014, 13:11   #215
Senior - BHPian

This time IAB have caught test mule of Scorpio refersh in Surat, Gujarat. Here are the pics:

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftspiedgujarat.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrascorpiofaceliftspiedgujaratrear.jpg

Alongwith the same a bolero with covered bumper, etc was also caught. It seems that M&M is making mild updates in the Bolero in wake of Tata's Movus launch at Auto Expo '14. Here are the pics:

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrabolerofaceliftspiedgujarat.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-mahindrabolerofaceliftspiedgujaratrear.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 14:31   #216
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the new Scorpio!!! If they get rid of the bouncy ride and that vague gearshift, it promises to be a heck of a car.

I dont understand why they dont give us a 120 bhp M-Hawk Scorp with leaf springs all around and a 4x4 on it. It would make so much better sense than that bouncy coil spring ride which is neither great for off-roading nor for ride quality and comfort . Instead of a pseudo 4x4 Scorpio, they should just make one hardcore one and leave the other variants to continue as they are!

Whats up with the Bolero in the pic? Try as i might I cant see any changes. The bumper looks exactly the same; as do the doors and the rear. Draping and covering these could only mean one thing; a cosmetic change! It also doesnt have the badging of the model under the rearmost windows (SLE, SLX, ZLX). However after heavy zooming in on the 1st Bolero picture, i can see (i hope it is not my imagination) a leaf spring between the wheel and the footwell. Maybe the 4x4 M2Dicr is finally coming

Last edited by rahul4321 : 31st January 2014 at 14:32. Reason: typo
Old 2nd February 2014, 16:03   #217
BHPian

I am wondering if it's worth the wait. Currently have a Xylo e8 which is very comfortable for the family. But am itching for a change due to automatic transmission, better mhawk engine and of course the macho look factor.

Does anyone have any insights if there will be an AT on the Xylo anytime soon?
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:29   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Eagerly waiting for the new Scorpio!!! If they get rid of the bouncy ride and that vague gearshift, it promises to be a heck of a car.

I dont understand why they dont give us a 120 bhp M-Hawk Scorp with leaf springs all around and a 4x4 on it. It would make so much better sense than that bouncy coil spring ride which is neither great for off-roading nor for ride quality and comfort . Instead of a pseudo 4x4 Scorpio, they should just make one hardcore one and leave the other variants to continue as they are!
A lot of people are eagerly expecting the new Scorpio. However it seems that M&M won't be displaying the W105 in the Auto Expo. Any latest info on that? reintroduction of 4X4 on Bolero is very much a possibility since it is already there in the Rate Contract signed by M&M with DGS&D valid upto June 14.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:23   #219
BHPian

I don't know if the Scorpio has been unveiled but producing what I found on Business Standard:

"Mahindra & Mahindra, India's leading SUV maker has finally introduce the facelift version of Scorpio SUV at the ongoing 2014 Auto Expo. To counter the growing competition, the company has introduced the revamped SUV, however, the next generation Scorpio will be launched by 2015 in India. Till then, Mahindra opts to give a makeover to its immensely popular SUV.

The Scorpio facelift sports the projector headlamps with a smoked headlamp bezel. Its front bonnet scoop has been redesigned and now looks aggressive than the one currently available on the SUV. The rear end features the redesigned rectangularly shaped tail lamp cluster.

Inside the cabin, the SUV now feature a beige colour scheme with wood inserts and redesigned AC vents in rectangle shape. Its infotainment system has been redesigned and now sports a touch screen module. Its circular dial design and updated instrumentation cluster resembles the XUV500. The vehicle continue with its current 2+3+2 seating layout, where the last two seats are facing each other. When it comes to safety, the Scorpio facelift gets the twin airbags and Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic BrakeForce Distribution (EBD) and others.

The Mahindra Scorpio facelift retain the same 2.2-litre mHawk turbo diesel engine that churns out a maximum power output of 120bhp and 290Nm of top torque. (The Mahindra Scorpio facelift retain the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. However, the engine has been tuned to offer 140bhp of top power and 330Nm of top torque). The facelifted Scorpio is now available with a six-speed automatic gearbox as well. The entry level models will continue to feature the rear wheel drive system, however the top-of-the line variants gets the all-wheel drivetrain."

Link - http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200472_1.html
Old 7th February 2014, 14:36   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I don't know if the Scorpio has been unveiled but producing what I found on Business Standard:

==============
Read this, but still dont see it announced or published anywhere else. Dealers have no idea as well.
Old 7th February 2014, 16:28   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post

"Mahindra & Mahindra, India's leading SUV maker has finally introduce the facelift version of Scorpio SUV at the ongoing 2014 Auto Expo. To counter the growing competition, the company has introduced the revamped SUV, however, the next generation Scorpio will be launched by 2015 in India. Till then, Mahindra opts to give a makeover to its immensely popular SUV.

The Scorpio facelift sports the projector headlamps with a smoked headlamp bezel. Its front bonnet scoop has been redesigned and now looks aggressive than the one currently available on the SUV. The rear end features the redesigned rectangularly shaped tail lamp cluster.

Inside the cabin, the SUV now feature a beige colour scheme with wood inserts and redesigned AC vents in rectangle shape. Its infotainment system has been redesigned and now sports a touch screen module. Its circular dial design and updated instrumentation cluster resembles the XUV500. The vehicle continue with its current 2+3+2 seating layout, where the last two seats are facing each other. When it comes to safety, the Scorpio facelift gets the twin airbags and Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic BrakeForce Distribution (EBD) and others.

The Mahindra Scorpio facelift retain the same 2.2-litre mHawk turbo diesel engine that churns out a maximum power output of 120bhp and 290Nm of top torque. (The Mahindra Scorpio facelift retain the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. However, the engine has been tuned to offer 140bhp of top power and 330Nm of top torque). The facelifted Scorpio is now available with a six-speed automatic gearbox as well. The entry level models will continue to feature the rear wheel drive system, however the top-of-the line variants gets the all-wheel drivetrain."

The link above points to a shoddily drafted, confusing report, and doesn't agree with the factual position on the ground at Auto Expo. Where on earth is the W105 at the auto expo?
Old 7th February 2014, 22:09   #222
Senior - BHPian

Vehicles with cosmetic facelifts don't need to be road tested, unless the changes are mechanical and under the skin.

This is a 4WD Bolero, but is it with the same puny engine with 63 BHP?
Old 8th February 2014, 15:59   #223
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the new Scorpio at Pondy last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-1391855229906.jpg  

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-1391855256645.jpg  

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-1391855277715.jpg  

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-1391855295701.jpg  

anachronix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 17:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Spotted the new Scorpio at Pondy last weekend.
Rear legroom appears to be more than the current version, am right?
Old 8th February 2014, 18:06   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post

The link above points to a shoddily drafted, confusing report, and doesn't agree with the factual position on the ground at Auto Expo. Where on earth is the W105 at the auto expo?
Agree. There was no facelifted Scorp at the Auto Expo. Neither was there any info about it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks