Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:47   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I don't think there will be any major mechanical changes, going by reports we can however expect the MHawk engine tuned to 140 BHP and a six speed transmission would be an icing on the cake , and these 2 are already tried and tested on the XUV5OO.

Lets hope we have a better vehicle this time round, I stopped short of buying the XUV since I still prefer the Scorpio (current one going strong and would complete 7 yrs in Sep)
Me too. I prefer butch looks of Scorpio over toned down Van-like (somewhat) looks of XUV. I am not exactly in the market to buy one right now but would definitely like to check out new Scorpio. Who knows it may make me want to buy one.
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:49   #362
Senior - BHPian

Mod note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.
Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd August 2014 at 10:12.
agbenny is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th August 2014, 17:06   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Me too. I prefer butch looks of Scorpio over toned down Van-like (somewhat) looks of XUV. I am not exactly in the market to buy one right now but would definitely like to check out new Scorpio. Who knows it may make me want to buy one.
Being a crossover the XUV5OO is definitely toned down (despite the aggressive looking facia). Even though XUV5OO is much more refined and aerodynamic, I still prefer the square, boxy Scorpio

Last edited by m_upreti : 4th August 2014 at 17:15.
Old 4th August 2014, 21:55   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being a crossover the XUV5OO is definitely toned down (despite the aggressive looking facia). Even though XUV5OO is much more refined and aerodynamic, I still prefer the square, boxy Scorpio
See that is the thing. There are people of two schools of thoughts. There are those who like crossovers and those, like you and me, like square boxy old school SUVs. I, for one, never like crossovers and softroaders. For me, an SUV has to have the aerodynamics of a brick. Square, huge, with a vertical radiator grill and bonnet almost parallel to ground and towering over hatches and sedans. I would any day prefer Safari/Scorpio/Pajero/Endeavour/Fortuner over CRV/Outlander/Captiva/Dusters/BMW X1/X3/Audi Q3/Q5 etc. They look like big hatchbacks on stilts.

The trouble with crossovers is they are neither here nor there. It is better to buy one proper bucth SUV and a small hacth or a sedan to have best of both worlds, if one can afford and have parking space.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 00:07   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
See that is the thing. There are people of two schools of thoughts. There are those who like crossovers and those, like you and me, like square boxy old school SUVs. I, for one, never like crossovers and softroaders. For me, an SUV has to have the aerodynamics of a brick. Square, huge, with a vertical radiator grill and bonnet almost parallel to ground and towering over hatches and sedans. I would any day prefer Safari/Scorpio/Pajero/Endeavour/Fortuner over CRV/Outlander/Captiva/Dusters/BMW X1/X3/Audi Q3/Q5 etc. They look like big hatchbacks on stilts.

The trouble with crossovers is they are neither here nor there. It is better to buy one proper bucth SUV and a small hacth or a sedan to have best of both worlds, if one can afford and have parking space.
I'm those types who loves the old school ladder on chassis, square look. I drive a Toyota Hilux 2.7 L and a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 L, both are double cabin. I like the types of Cherokee XJ, Toyota 4Runner 3rd gen, LR Defender and Toyota LC 70 series.

I think Storme and Scorpio do fall in that category and some what are pure Indian made 4WD in 4x4 variant.

Eagerly waiting for Scorpio and Storme in base or lower variants with 4WD options.

Old 5th August 2014, 11:01   #366
BHPian

I couldnt agree with you guys more. I love the square boxy look, and, after taking delivery of my Scorpio on saturday, I'm finding it has more than just cosmetic benefits. I assumed squeezing the beast into the basement parking slot at my apartment would be a monumental undertaking and avoided doing this for the first two days, leaving the brand new car out on the street. Finally worked up the guts to try yesterday and, to my surprise, I was able to judge the clearances easier than I thought because of the square, straight edges and sides. There aren't any weird bulges and curves that you need to correct for (as on my swift).
Old 5th August 2014, 11:41   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For me, an SUV has to have the aerodynamics of a brick. Square, huge, with a vertical radiator grill and bonnet almost parallel to ground and towering over hatches and sedans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I'm those types who loves the old school ladder on chassis, square look. I drive a Toyota Hilux 2.7 L and a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 L, both are double cabin. I like the types of Cherokee XJ, Toyota 4Runner 3rd gen, LR Defender and Toyota LC 70 series.
Perfectly agree with you and despite queuing up to buy the XUV5OO twice and Duster once I chickened out after growing up on Jeeps and driving the Scorpio for the last 7 years nothing else can fill that space, excepts for the likes of Fortuners, Land Rovers, Monteros, etc. which at the moment are beyond the affordability.

Eagerly waiting for the new Scorpio and see what M&M have in offer, and I am ok for the launch by the festival season.
Old 5th August 2014, 21:26   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the new Scorpio and see what M&M have in offer, and I am ok for the launch by the festival season.
Precisely what I'm doing, too. To check out new Scorpio and may be even buy one if I like it and if they do not price it beyond my reach. But the long wait is really irritating. Two years for a refresh model is too long.

Speaking of butch SUVs, the other one I like is Storme. Too bad there is no automatic version. BTW, did you notice that Tata and Fiat are the only manufacturers in India who do not have a single automatic car. How complacent can you get! These days, you will struggle to find a manual car above 35 lakh price bracket. Almost all cars are automatics.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:18   #369
Team-BHP Support

While looks are a personal thing, I think the XUV parked next to most cars under 25L holds it own in looks department. I myself am not a fan of its radical/quirky design. I am speaking specifically about the butch appearance.

The new Captiva looks good as well, say against the Fortner/Endevour. Santa Fe, not so. It appears meek.
Old 11th August 2014, 19:08   #370
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra might launch the Scorpio facelift in October.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 11th August 2014, 20:37   #371
BHPian

At last the much awaited possible launch date. Hope they will launch this by October and the end product to be niggle free after almost two years of testing in various parts of the country.
Old 12th August 2014, 08:59   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal79 View Post
At last the much awaited possible launch date. Hope they will launch this by October and the end product to be niggle free after almost two years of testing in various parts of the country.
Really hope they do, otherwise if not this October, the next obvious date would be Auto Expo 2015 in Feb. Tired of waiting Mahindra! Out with it already
Old 12th August 2014, 09:42   #373
BHPian

It has already taken them eternity to launch new Scorpio, still I will be surprised if they launch it by October.
rahul412 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 14:06   #374
Team-BHP Support

Found these while travelling last week, dummy passenger weight et all

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_5558_marked.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_5557_marked.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_5556_marked.jpg

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-img_5555_marked.jpg
Jaggu is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 16:26   #375
BHPian

In almost all spy shots the forward facing 3rd row of seats are missing and side facing seats are placed instead. Is Mahindra going to omit this and put side facing seats at the rear? Hope they won't do that. Has anybody seen the forward facing seats in any spy shots?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks