Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 10:20   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
I am on the other side - positively dislike the new look. Saw photos of the new Scorpio when i went to TD the VLX AT 4WD and was told they are getting the XUV500 type headlights and Tyre system etc on the VLX. Nifty kick knacks like a motorized mechanism for spare tyre retrieval and such! That part is good - the new look not so much!
Going by the spy pics the new top end models will get projector head lamps which is good. Current generation VLX already has the TPMS au,to lighting and rain sensors.
Old 5th September 2014, 11:57   #437
Senior - BHPian

I think crowding the vehicle with such electrical features (TPMS, Auto lights, rain sensors etc) which overload the electrical systems and then cause malfunctions. Today's vehicles are more controlled electrically and a lot less mechanically and by humans.

A vehicle should be more functional and less electrical.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:22   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I think crowding the vehicle with such electrical features (TPMS, Auto lights, rain sensors etc) which overload the electrical systems and then cause malfunctions. Today's vehicles are more controlled electrically and a lot less mechanically and by humans.

A vehicle should be more functional and less electrical.
That's why we all love the old gen Jeep's but unfortunately the comfort factors which these gizmos provide do spoil us. I for example have already forgotten to operate the lights and wipers after 6 years on my Vlx.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 19:48   #439
BHPian

I wonder whether the M hawk engine will be offered this time round with 138 horses? It would be fantastic if that happens. There is also talk of the Automatic GB being offered on the lower variants,any news on this. I personally feel M&M should give the AMT as an option on LX/SLE and the Torque Convertor GB on the VLX (which it does, as of now) while allowing 4x4 as an option across the range.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:07   #440
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video on youtube, I am not sure if it already posted here in this thread. Pardon me if so, but still I am adding the video below.

It seems to be scorpio facelift will be a major change in the sales chart for Mahindra with all the features included.
fusionbang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 21:38   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Came across this video on Youtube, I am not sure if it already posted here in this thread. Pardon me if so, but still I am adding the video below.

It seems to be scorpio facelift will be a major change in the sales chart for Mahindra with all the features included.
The issue of lack of leg space in the middle row has been a problem since first generation Scorpio and still not rectified?

Or the removal of the third row of side facing seats once removed would facilitate the sliding back of the middle row?

I have high hopes on this refreshed Scorpio and Bolero.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:15   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
The issue of lack of leg space in the middle row has been a problem since first generation Scorpio and still not rectified?

Or the removal of the third row of side facing seats once removed would facilitate the sliding back of the middle row?

I have high hopes on this refreshed Scorpio and Bolero.
Yes the video tells us the leg room is very limited in the middle row due to long throw of the front seats. Also if you see the last row seats seem to have good thigh support and can easily seat 2 children in one seat.

Should wait and see what versions will be rolled out with the list of features as mentioned in the video.
Old 12th September 2014, 10:24   #443
Senior - BHPian

Facelift launch is on Sep 23 as per http://www.ibtimes.co.in/2014-mahind...details-608861
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 11:55   #444
BHPian

Rushlane.com seems to have the launch date of new Scorpio - 23 sep

http://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-sco...-12130238.html
mayanksabharwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:20   #445
M35
BHPian

New Mahindra Scorpio to get all-new chassis, gearbox.

Quote:
The big news, however, is an all-new body-on-frame chassis which underpins the new Scorpio
Source and read more : Autocarindia
M35 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 19:42   #446
BHPian

New gear box, now that is definitely interesting.

I hope M&M have tested it well, and are not relying on the first batch of owners to act as guinea pigs like they did on their Xuv and the previous Scorpios.

Thank god its a body on frame construct and not a monocoque. The body on frame chassis makes a true butch SUV.

I hope they make they the 4wd available across all variants. The SLE falls in my budget, so I'm hoping for the best.
Old 13th September 2014, 10:45   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
New gear box, now that is definitely interesting.
I hope M&M have tested it well, and are not relying on the first batch of owners to act as guinea pigs like they did on their Xuv and the previous Scorpios.

Thank god its a body on frame construct and not a monocoque. The body on frame chassis makes a true butch SUV.

I hope they make they the 4wd available across all variants. The SLE falls in my budget, so I'm hoping for the best.
In my view the gear box will be a straight pick from the XUV5OO with a 6 speed transmission.

Going by the history the owners first couple of batches would be definitely help M&M test the vehicle in the live scenario .

After helping them in testing the mHawk Scorpio earlier I feel I have done my bit for this life time so I would sit on the fence and watch how things turn out before replacing my 6 year old VLX with the new Scorpio since there are no alternatives available of my choice and budget.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 11:41   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
In my view the gear box will be a straight pick from the XUV5OO with a 6 speed transmission.

Going by the history the owners first couple of batches would be definitely help M&M test the vehicle in the live scenario .

After helping them in testing the mHawk Scorpio earlier I feel I have done my bit for this life time so I would sit on the fence and watch how things turn out before replacing my 6 year old VLX with the new Scorpio since there are no alternatives available of my choice and budget.
Absolutely spot on Upreti.

In fact both Tata and MM are know for using the consumer as the actual testers of the their products and based upon the complaints the OEMs make their changes or improvements.
Parm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 20:49   #449
BHPian

Have received the following mailer from M & M. It seems that they are targetting the existing Scorpio owners with this marketing activity of advance booking. No details about the car nor anything about the launch date. Only thing that can be gauged is that the new one will have those killer DRLs.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-new-scorp.jpg
wanderer4x4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 21:05   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
More butch but less safe. Monocoques absorb impact a lot better:

StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks