Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 15:03   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

I hope they have increased overall length by 6-7 inches to free up some space inside. Now this will entail redesigning the whole body-shell but it is worth it. And the steering thickness has to be reduced, too. Not everyone has Gulliver fists. And I also hope they have looked into the bobbing and rocking issues which most complain about Scorpios.
Old 20th August 2014, 15:34   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I hope they have increased overall length by 6-7 inches to free up some space inside. Now this will entail redesigning the whole body-shell but it is worth it. And the steering thickness has to be reduced, too. Not everyone has Gulliver fists. And I also hope they have looked into the bobbing and rocking issues which most complain about Scorpios.
Space in the 3rd row definitely needs to be looked into else they should give an option of a factory fitted 5 seater.

I have been driving the beast for the last 7 years, I find the steering thickness adequate despite having pretty dainty hands

Bobbing and rocking is a part and parcel of the Scorpio and endemic to high GC SUV's, however, once you are used to these quirks of the vehicle the driving style also gets altered to counter these.

One major drawback of the current model is the water splashing on the windscreen and blinding the driver while driving over a puddle, and another one is the water streaming down the windscreen from the roof, hope the design change takes care of these.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 16:24   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Space in the 3rd row definitely needs to be looked into else they should give an option of a factory fitted 5 seater.

I have been driving the beast for the last 7 years, I find the steering thickness adequate despite having pretty dainty hands

Bobbing and rocking is a part and parcel of the Scorpio and endemic to high GC SUV's, however, once you are used to these quirks of the vehicle the driving style also gets altered to counter these.

One major drawback of the current model is the water splashing on the windscreen and blinding the driver while driving over a puddle, and another one is the water streaming down the windscreen from the roof, hope the design change takes care of these.
I, for one, would love to see a spacious 5-seater version with front seats slid back by 3-4 inches, ditto second row and no thrid row seats. Yes I know all high CoG vehicles bob and rock but among them, Scorpio is said to be more than others, like say Storme or Endy.
Old 21st August 2014, 08:21   #394
Team-BHP Support

If you guys would be opting for the 4WD version (like I am planning to), this bobbing effect won't be much of a bother because of the torsion beam set up.

If it has to be a SUV, it has to be a 4X4.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 22:28   #395
Senior - BHPian

Today the GM of the Mahindra City Service was sitting with me while driving back from a business trip I made with him. I told him exactly what is posted above and he agreed with me, for he has attended to all my warranty repairs over the last 18 months since his facility opened. For last two years before that I had never cared to go to Sterling Auto the dealerships service for their appaling service and customer interaction levels.

He agreed that my decision to go for a Fortuner is the right one the difference is chalk and cheese.

He wants to buy a scorpio for himself ( personal use ) I showed him the pictures for the 2014 model- although in oct 14 launch it should be called 2015 model and he decided to go for a one year old present model instead.

Things changed under warranty in my scorpio.

5 stupid tpms transmitters
clutch sensor switch
AC solenoid coil and relay ( sterling auto )
2 x door motors for window panes
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:39   #396
BHPian

Just noticed that there arent any scorpios in the mahindra showrooms, atleast not in the two that i saw today? Coincidence or are we getting close?
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:25   #397
Senior - BHPian

There are still plenty here in both the Gurgaon showrooms and in the PDI stockyards also new ones are seen on the roads on Delhi NCR everyday with their temp plates.
Old 24th August 2014, 10:01   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Coincidence or are we getting close?
I believe both. There are discounts on the current Scorpio in the region of Rs. 40,000. I don't think Scorpio carried this much discount earlier.

Cars are trickling down to the stockyards, still. I believe dealers will be informed so that they can clear their stock, hence orders will be less and no hoopla (for the new model) will be made, so that the stocks lying can be sold.
Old 24th August 2014, 12:10   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
He wants to buy a scorpio for himself ( personal use ) I showed him the pictures for the 2014 model- although in oct 14 launch it should be called 2015 model and he decided to go for a one year old present model instead.
Any reason why? People generally prefer latest model than outgoing. Unless he has some inside information that M&M is taking out some of the feature(s) of existing model or are cutting corners on quality front.
Old 25th August 2014, 03:02   #400
Senior - BHPian

The feeling is that since there isnt much in terms of engine, size or looks being changed, alterations of alloy wheels, lights, bumpers, dashboard are more cosmetic in nature he thinks he will save money if he buys a two year old vehicle.

I am also not overduly excited about this new W105. Maybe buy a 4WD version for my brother.

In fact a Bolero has seen a more major upgradation than Scorpio with new CRDe engine, new look grille, new lights, new colours, different dashboard etc.

Last edited by desertfox : 25th August 2014 at 03:06.
Old 25th August 2014, 08:41   #401
Team-BHP Support

Let the new Scorpio be out. We can see different dashboard as of now. Color is a no brainer for a SUV. Rumors of a power bump & 6 speed gear box are doing the rounds. The rear lamps are going to have LED's. Steering is new, so is instrumentation. You got to wait for a proper launch before coming to a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
In fact a Bolero has seen a more major upgradation than Scorpio with new CRDe engine, new look grille, new lights, new colours, different dashboard etc.
That CRDe or Storme Bolero was good. Driven the new Bolero? I hate it. The older DI was just so good to drive.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:58   #402
BHPian

I hope the referesh solves some of the time honored problems like the handling, weight, interiors and space.

Interiors most importantly in my case

If The new scorpio's interiors are shabby, and they dont fit in somewhere in between the broad range of standards set by its competitors like innova, ertiga, mobilio, duster etc; then i am afraid It will be very difficult for me to convince my family into owning one
Old 26th August 2014, 13:56   #403
Senior - BHPian

Finding myself inching towards Scorpio AT. Been toying with the idea of buying a diesel automatic SUV for a year now. Had pinned all hopes on Ecosport. But disappointed after seeing petrol-only AT. Also, the diminutive size, at the price Ford is asking for, makes Scorpio look like a tremendous value for money. Not only is it the cheapest diesel automatic SUV by a long shot, it actually looks better than most above its price. Especially white Scorpio looks so butch and full-size. Now, when is this launch due? Anyone, any info?
Old 26th August 2014, 14:21   #404
BHPian

Saw one of the test mules near Jagtap Dairy in Pune last week. It vanished before I could pull out my phone to take a snap. One thing I noticed was this vehicle is a bit longer than the existing Scorpio. My wife who was along with me also felt the same.

This would be very interesting to lot of people as they will get a bigger vehicle.
Old 27th August 2014, 09:13   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Let the new Scorpio be out. We can see different dashboard as of now. Color is a no brainer for a SUV. Rumors of a power bump & 6 speed gear box are doing the rounds. The rear lamps are going to have LED's. Steering is new, so is instrumentation. You got to wait for a proper launch before coming to a conclusion.

That CRDe or Storme Bolero was good. Driven the new Bolero? I hate it. The older DI was just so good to drive.
You bet during the last Lok Sabha elections we had rented over 50 of them all kind of Bolero, Sumo GOld whatever came along.

I had owned a DI Turbo SLX for five years and it was good. At ZX with a M2DI engine is owned by a friend of mine who owns a gun shop here. I rode in it to my farmhouse in Gurgaon to set the telescope of his .22 Rifle. I was impressed by the smoothness and finesse. My God, my own Bolero was so crude by going on all those rural roads. His Bolero rode as as smooth as my Scorpio.

I don't like the rear seat leg room but tempted to buy one more.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2014 at 12:42. Reason: Improving readability
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks