Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 23:47   #181
BHPian

re: Hyundai Grand i10 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Referring to the brochure leaked by carsizzler.com and the official Hyundai website, I have found some interesting comparisons between the existing i10 and the new Grand i10 (petrol). The higher figure is highlighted in bold.
Wouldn't more weight and larger tyres will make the already pathetic FE of 12-14 kmpl of i10 more worse in Grand i10? How will Hyundai manage it?
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 00:40   #182

The leaked brochure on carsizzler.com clearly mentions manual ac with heater.Atlest the asta should have climate control...the only downside till now . Otherwise the vehicle looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview-centre_console.jpeg  

mohit.module is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 00:58   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Wouldn't more weight and larger tyres will make the already pathetic FE of 12-14 kmpl of i10 more worse in Grand i10? How will Hyundai manage it?
I would think so, unless of course, Hyundai has some magical formula to claim superior ARAI-certified FE.

Having said that, the FE of my i10 has been quite good so far. It has generated an average of about 17 kmpl in over 60 auto cut-off tests.
Old 31st August 2013, 02:23   #184
BHPian

Driver seat height adjust only in the Asta trim ? come on Hyundai, how much would this cost, why not make it available in all trims ??
Old 31st August 2013, 08:34   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I would think so, unless of course, Hyundai has some magical formula to claim superior ARAI-certified FE.

Having said that, the FE of my i10 has been quite good so far. It has generated an average of about 17 kmpl in over 60 auto cut-off tests.
Mine is i10 Kappa 1st gen engine not Kappa2 and the FE i get in city traffic with 100% AC ranges typically from 10-12 kmpl. I am on the verge to buy a new hatchback by this year end or so. I am very keen to get an automatic but the choices are too dull other than the out of budget VW Polo GTI. Grand i10 is good proposition and fits our requirements but again Grand i10 auto if launched would again suffer from 8-9 kmpl of FE as in i10 auto, which in turn will make Grand i10 diesel a much much VFM buy. Lets see what Hyundai offers.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:01   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You must be doing something different than most folks here.. They seem to get around 10-12 max in city driving conditions!
Old 31st August 2013, 10:15   #187
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
You must be doing something different than most folks here.. They seem to get around 10-12 max in city driving conditions!
The "city" in city driving also matters a lot A city like Panjim, where misquitas does most of his driving must have much more free flowing traffic than say, a city that suffers from congestion and bumper-to-bumper traffic, like Bangalore or Chennai.

Unlike Hyundai's diesel engines which are fairly consistent (quite good) in terms of fuel efficiency, Hyundai's petrol engines are known to give varying fuel efficiency figures based on driving style, traffic, road conditions etc. The highway figures for Hyundai's petrol engines are surprisingly consistent and good (which helps a lot in getting a respectable ARAI figure), while the city figures vary by a very wide margin.

Last edited by RSR : 31st August 2013 at 10:19.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:20   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quite frankly, I am disappointed with Hyundai. It is not the features that I am looking at but to me, all the cars are looking the same. Right from the Eon - Elantra. Same face, same grill; I know its part of the "family" look but having some features is okay, not all.

The girl has mother's eyes, son has father's hair but here everything is from the grandfather and exact copy. To me, this looks more like a facelifted I20 than a Grande I10. As the joke goes about Jaguar - Puma has started making cars as well.

Your cars may sell, but sooner or later, people will start getting bored with the "fluidic" looks. To me, it has already started looking dated.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:44   #189
BHPian

I was looking for an auto version of the I10 Grand for my father and was infact waiting for the vehicle to launch. But, was totally disappointed that no automatic version is being launched (as per the brochure). Need to look at other brands.
Old 31st August 2013, 13:34   #190
BHPian

I too was disappointed to see no automatic variant in i10 grand. Having said that, Trident Hyundai dealer is ready to take my booking for i10 Grand Automatic. Either the dealer is not aware of the true story or the leaked brochure.
Old 31st August 2013, 13:40   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I was looking for an auto version of the I10 Grand for my father and was infact waiting for the vehicle to launch. But, was totally disappointed that no automatic version is being launched (as per the brochure). Need to look at other brands.
I thought an automatic with tiptronics was on offer. Sad to hear otherwise.
Old 31st August 2013, 13:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I thought an automatic with tiptronics was on offer. Sad to hear otherwise.
In one of the interior pics posted earlier, I could see the AT stick with markings for the tiptronics. I think t is a matter of time before they introduce the AT. Other possibility is that the leaked brochure is a draft version where the content may not be final
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 14:06   #193
BHPian

Considering the expected price in around of 5.80 Lakhs Plus its length 3765 MM and 3 cylinder diesel engine, I don't think the diesel version of Grand i10 is going to be hit. 'Coz it's rivals such as Figo, Liva, Swift, Indica, Vista, Vibe, Sail U-VA etc are better cars with more space and with more powerful engines than Grand i10.
Old 31st August 2013, 17:31   #194
BHPian

in all probability, i10 grand is being launched on 3rd September. Lets see then. The clear picture is not far now.
Old 31st August 2013, 19:52   #195
Senior - BHPian

I already like this car! Whether I will just like it or move ahead to own it - depends on the value proposition. My wife's Santro is due for an upgrade now, after 12.5 yrs and still going strong at 80K kms. Never once did it break-down or give us any trouble of any kind. Surely Hyundai's are not cheap to maintain, but I am willing to pay the premium and will go back to the ASC only.

I expect the petrols to start around a shade under 4L going thru till 5.5L. A diesel motor with a starting price of 5L would make super sense!
Hyundai can really turn the heat on Maruti - will they succeed? 3 days to tell
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks