Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 16:22   #496
BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Hi teemus. I faced a similar situation when I visited Ford dealership at S.B Road (Planet Ford) when the aspire had launched. To my surprise, It was almost empty! Forget about newly launched cars, there was not a single old car whereas the Maruti showroom at the corner in the same complex was abuzz with people and display/TD cars. I enquired about the Aspire and the saleswoman was honest and said that they hadn't received the new car yet and that I can check it out at the Yerawada showroom(which I later realised that it belongs to another dealer ie Talera).

Now the issue is that Talera Ford seems to be the only functional dealer (again, Verify!) in the city and its service centre is very far away (Wagholi). So every time I have some issue with the car ( if I buy one from them) or for servicing, I will have to travel all the way to Wagholi to get it rectified/ serviced, though the SA said that pick and drop facility is available. Secondly, the SA said that the owner of Planet Ford was going to sell off his Ford dealership to someone else ( Again I don't know if its true), but if it's true then Talera may be the only functional dealer in the city in the meantime and what if his monopoly creates issues in terms of pricing of spares/ servicing.
This news is correct as I had talked to the spare parts store manager last week at Planet Ford Satara road. He said there is some financial problem & he is not able to take any new orders due to the same. He also confirmed that the situation will be fine in 10-15 days.

I always had a very good experience with Planet Ford and its my 2nd Ford car I am currently using. I just hope the dealership comes out of the financial trouble fast.

Also, I saw a new Ford dealership coming up just besides Sayaji hotel on Mumbai highway, opposite Garve Hyundai. I will check it out in coming weekend.
ajnagpur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 16:35   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

Ques: Can i expect atleast a 15kmpl from AT with AC always on in Bangalore traffic condition.
My Aspire A/T gives 10-12 KMPL (100% AC) curently in the city based on traffic conditions. You can expect 15 KMPL only on highways
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 17:53   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
This news is correct as I had talked to the spare parts store manager last week at Planet Ford Satara road. He said there is some financial problem & he is not able to take any new orders due to the same. He also confirmed that the situation will be fine in 10-15 days.
Thanks a lot ajnagpur for confirming.
Its good to know that the SA at Talera Ford was not fooling me. I had a doubt that he may be lying and trying to discourage me from buying from another dealership but he was very confident when he showed the document images.
Quote:
I always had a very good experience with Planet Ford and its my 2nd Ford car I am currently using. I just hope the dealership comes out of the financial trouble fast.
Nice to know that the experience was good. BTW which Fords have you owned, if I may ask.
Quote:
Also, I saw a new Ford dealership coming up just besides Sayaji hotel on Mumbai highway, opposite Garve Hyundai. I will check it out in coming weekend.
Do let me know about the new dealership and if they have A/T variant for TD since Talera has it only for display (no TD) as of now.
Old 28th September 2015, 20:59   #499

Quote:
Do let me know about the new dealership and if they have A/T variant for TD since Talera has it only for display (no TD) as of now.

Do speak to your SA for the TD now Talera ford is giving test drive from last Saturday in both petrol and diesel titanium + variant. Did a Test drive for the diesel variant last Saturday the power and drivability is amazing but the steering was too light dint get to test it at higher speeds due to peak time traffic though. Being the owner of previous gen figo the interiors and space inside dint seem a big upgrade over last generation.
wrenchmonkee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 23:21   #500
BHPian

Quote:
BTW which Fords have you owned, if I may ask.

I owned Ikon Flair before Figo. Yes, will surely check out with the new dealership this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Being the owner of previous gen figo the interiors and space inside dint seem a big upgrade over last generation.
Exactly. This is one of the factors I want to check out in the new Figo as I am looking for automatic one as upgrade.
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 23:51   #501

Quote:

Please ignore my previous post. My bad dint see you wanted to TD the auto. Its not available with Talera and they dont have a time frame when they'll get one.
wrenchmonkee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:27   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Hi teemus. I faced a similar situation when I visited Ford dealership at S.B Road (Planet Ford) when the aspire had launched...

.. Now the issue is that Talera Ford seems to be the only functional dealer (again, Verify!) in the city and its service centre is very far away (Wagholi). So every time I have some issue with the car ( if I buy one from them) or for servicing, I will have to travel all the way to Wagholi to get it rectified/ serviced...

If you can verify the above information yourself, it will be helpful to you & other buyers from Pune also.

Quote:

Thank you HolyDriver and ajnagpur for the info!

Indeed it's confirmed that Planet Ford has lost it's dealership. I had called up Ford Customer Care and they listed only 2 dealers in Pune, Talera Ford and Sai Sakshi Ford. Same is confirmed by the full page ad in a local daily today.

If anyone is planning for a Ford vehicle in Pune, please avoid Planet Ford.

The new dealer beside Sayaji Hotel is Sai Sakshi if I am not mistaken. Though the SA from Planet Ford said that Sai Sakshi is a sister concern but I am not sure. Will be visiting both the dealers on the weekend to check out Figo and to decide amongst the two (if Figo has a go ahead from everyone in the family ).

Last edited by teemus : 29th September 2015 at 10:29. Reason: added a note
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:32   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Has anyone checked out the new Figo in Pune? I am positively considering to book one. Which dealer out of the two (Planet Ford and Talera Ford) would be better, if anyone has any past experience?
Thanks!
Quote:
Saw this full page ad of the new Figo in today's newspaper along with dealer details. Hope it helps.
@teemus I did check out the Figo at Talera and as mentioned in one of my previous posts, the large transmission tunnel, fixed neck restraints and limited rear headroom may be deal breakers. Aspire seems to score better in the latter 2.

@ajnagpur The details of the new dealer you mentioned are given in the ad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Please ignore my previous post. My bad dint see you wanted to TD the auto. Its not available with Talera and they dont have a time frame when they'll get one.
No problem buddy! Its nice to get feedback on the new Figo from a previous gen Figo owner And yes, the area near Talera is just too congested at peak hours to do even a moderately high speed TD.

Edit: @teemus Just read your post above.Thanks for the confirmation! I had written this reply in the morning itself but got busy in work and forgot to post it :P Also, if you can increase your budget, you can consider the Ecosport Facelift which will be launched next month (as per the SA)with rainsensing wipers, Auto headlamps and DRLS and Rs50,000 hike in price as compared to current variants.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-290920151485.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-290920151486.jpg  

Last edited by HolyDriver : 29th September 2015 at 12:42.
HolyDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:56   #504
BHPian

I had asked for test drive of Ford Figo AT at Mumbai Santacruz. The dealer does not have Figo and is sending Aspire for test drive.

What difference can I expect between Figo and Aspire?

One thing that I will miss on AT is the center display which I feel is an important feature. This car will be for city drive and occasional highway. It will substitute for my A start AT.

If I like it I might book it immediately.
Old 29th September 2015, 13:19   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this full page ad of the new Figo in today's newspaper along with dealer details. Hope it helps.
@teemus I did check out the Figo at Talera and as mentioned in one of my previous posts, the large transmission tunnel, fixed neck restraints and limited rear headroom may be deal breakers. Aspire seems to score better in the latter 2.

Edit: @teemus Just read your post above.Thanks for the confirmation! I had written this reply in the morning itself but got busy in work and forgot to post it :P Also, if you can increase your budget, you can consider the Ecosport Facelift which will be launched next month (as per the SA)with rainsensing wipers, Auto headlamps and DRLS and Rs50,000 hike in price as compared to current variants.
I have noticed the exact same things in the morning daily and have the photos clicked, but was lazy to transfer it to PC for attaching here.

Thanks for the heads up regarding what to expect in Figo, I will surely check these points.

About Ecosport, there are 2 things
- Wifey and Mom did not like the rear bench of Ecosport. They found it less wide than Aspire (which I am assuming will be similar to Figo)
- Sorry buddy, but cannot extend the budget for Ecosport without the facelift, so with facelift is out of the question.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 15:36   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
My Aspire A/T gives 10-12 KMPL (100% AC) curently in the city based on traffic conditions. You can expect 15 KMPL only on highways
For a 1.5L Petrol with AT, this seems par for the course but should improve slightly in the medium term.

A friend gets similar mileage from his City AT. Now City being a heavier car, I assume CVT brings somewhat better efficiency.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:58   #507
BHPian

Test drove the Aspire as well as Jazz CVT back to back.

Regarding Figo:I intend to buy the Figo hatchback but could only test drive the Figo.

1. Interiors are decent not the best.
2. Power delivery is just awesome and gear shift is good. I have never driven a DCT, But compared to my Accord which is a 2.4 ltr engine the figo felt at par. Compared to my A-star-AT figo is leagues ahead.
3. My biggest grouse is the way doors close. Everytime I closed the door it felt like they were open. The sound of latching mechanism of the door is different and feels the door has not closed properly. Checked and rechecked with all the doors and it was the same.
4. The turn indicators are a little hard to use. I understand there is a lane change feature but it made me uncomfortable. (Say notchy)
5. Cabin otherwise is super insulated, AC fan noise is ok, seats are comfortable, ride is slightly stiffer than Jazz, Sound system is very good.
6. The doors lock at 20 kmph but my 2 year old can open it if he decides to pull the handle since there is no separate locking mechanism.
7. Figo Titanium is 8.35 lacs without extended warranty on road
8. Car is immediately available with any color choice.

Regarding JAZZ:

1. The car is huge in comparison to Figo.
2. I feel it has the best in class interiors for automatics.
3. The drive however made me feel I am 10 years older. Press the accelerator and the car is no mood to show any type of urgency. It is suitable only for city commute. I tried hammering the pedal, but the revs went up and there was slight improvement in the acceleration. I can say its just better than A-star.
4. There is no lock-unlock button on Jazz the doors don't autolock (Almost a deal breaker).
5. Jazz AT booking are closed since there is no V-CVT in stock and has along waiting. I however have a house and office in Ahmedabad where car is readily available.
6. Jazz V-At is 9.43 lacs on road without extended warranty.

Between the two if I buy the Figo I will surely repent not having the interiors of Jazz and if I buy the Jazz I will surely repent the power and drive of Figo. I am not discussing the looks since I feel both the cars a good looking.

Confused yes I am!
tazmaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 18:06   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I had asked for test drive of Ford Figo AT at Mumbai Santacruz. The dealer does not have Figo and is sending Aspire for test drive.

What difference can I expect between Figo and Aspire?

One thing that I will miss on AT is the center display which I feel is an important feature. This car will be for city drive and occasional highway. It will substitute for my A start AT.

If I like it I might book it immediately.
Aspire and Figo are almost similar till the B pillar. Since you are comparing only A/T ie Titanium, here are a few observations:
Aspire gets a boot which you will need to take into account when TDing in Reverse since none of the cars get Reverse parking sensors/Camera by default (available as accessory).
Just to let you know, Figo gets a spoiler.
Figo boot is hydraulic operated vs spring system in Aspire. So, even though the Figo boot is smaller (257 L), there is no intrusion as in the case of Aspire(359 L) where the closing mechanism may not allow you to stack luggage vertically / tall luggage all the way up on both the sides of the boot.

Figo gets a rear wash wipe, Aspire doesn't.
There are subtle design differences in the bumper as deetjohn as pointed in his post.
Aspire gets Charcoal Black + Light Oak interiors vs Single Tone (Charcoal Black) in case of Figo. So, your family may get a spacious and airy feel in the Aspire but the Figo may seem dull (though sporty).

Aspire gets adjustable rear seat headrests whereas Figo gets fixed ones with no whiplash protection that are uncomfortable (rather useless) for taller people and especially if 3 people are seated at the back as they will keep messing with your shoulders.

Figo headroom is just ok. My head was touching the roof on sitting upright. I think the roof slopes down at the rear and also at the sides, so when seated 3 at the rear, the people at the side will have to bear with side sloping roof whereas middle one has to bear with the transmission tunnel. I need to re check if the roof slopes sideward (in Figo) since I didn't check it back to back in both cars. still I think Aspire had better headroom.
Rear seats in Aspire are fixed whereas Figo gets rear foldable seat (no 60:40) and they don't fold flat completely either.

You may get slightly better rear view in Figo IRVM than in Aspire.
Figo front seats are not very comfortable.
HolyDriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 18:46   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford authorizes handling charges

While booking my Dad's new Ford Figo, I was negotiating on the L&F (i.e. handling) charges of Rs 6,250 and I was very confidently told by the Sales Lead that I should drop an email to Ford and if they ask them to waive the charge they will do so. His confidence actually made me a little suspicious but nonetheless I wrote to the customer care ID on the Ford website.

My dad received a call from the dealership confirming that they wont be waiving it off. I got a follow up call from Ford asking if anyone spoke to me, and since they hadnt, they said they will get back to me. I wrote another email to Ford yesterday on the same issue.

Today I got a call from a Ford representative saying that the L&F charges are OEM charges and that all Ford dealerships in India are authorized to collect it. When I argued that this was illegal, the gentleman said he didnt know anything about any court ruling but as things stand, Ford officially allows all their dealerships to collect these charges and will not waive them off. The justification was the usual, everyone in India does it, so now we are authorizing our dealers to do it.

I guess there is nothing to do but accept that the charges will stand if one wants to buy a car from Ford.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 29th September 2015 at 18:48. Reason: Addition
Old 29th September 2015, 19:27   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Today I got a call from a Ford representative saying that the L&F charges are OEM charges and that all Ford dealerships in India are authorized to collect it. When I argued that this was illegal, the gentleman said he didnt know anything about any court ruling but as things stand, Ford officially allows all their dealerships to collect these charges and will not waive them off. The justification was the usual, everyone in India does it, so now we are authorizing our dealers to do it.

I guess there is nothing to do but accept that the charges will stand if one wants to buy a car from Ford.
Ask them to reply on similar line via e mail. I am pretty sure these charges are illegal. As far as i know they won't commit such a thing on record indicating that the issue is a grey area. Put the matter on social media like twitter or Facebook and seek their response.
I got it waived off on my ecosport though mine was a csd sale.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks