Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2016?
Datsun Redi-GO 6 0.24%
Tata Tiago 901 36.76%
Mahindra KUV100 13 0.53%
Volkswagen Ameo 40 1.63%
Mahindra e2o Plus 14 0.57%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 354 14.44%
Honda BR-V 14 0.57%
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 91 3.71%
Hyundai Elantra 29 1.18%
Toyota Innova Crysta 195 7.96%
Hyundai Tucson 29 1.18%
Ford Endeavour 468 19.09%
Skoda Superb 97 3.96%
Toyota Fortuner 68 2.77%
Volkswagen Polo GTI 37 1.51%
BMW X1 24 0.98%
Honda Accord Hybrid 9 0.37%
Audi A4 6 0.24%
Jaguar XE 6 0.24%
Mercedes GLC-Class 8 0.33%
Jaguar XF 6 0.24%
Volvo S90 36 1.47%
Voters: 2451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 18:58   #241
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016. EDIT: It's the Tata Tiago!

Voted for the Polo GTI. It's a pure performance car at a relatively accessible price. Thanks to Volkswagen for brining performance cars to us Indians.

The TBHP car shouldn't be the most popular mass production car..rather it should be the one which you can't stop grinning after the drive!
Old 17th December 2016, 19:06   #242
BHPian

I guessed Tiago will get many votes. But having test driven it and finding it fell below my expectations, I did not vote for it.
One of my friends (of a friend) bought a Isuzu for his Organic farm and I had the chance to briefly drive it and I really liked it. It is a refreshing change in concept to a sedan or a SUV/MUV and is good to drive. ASS and other issues will be there, considering it is a new entrant, but given that point, it is D-Max for me.

Disclaimer : I did not consider the luxury brands as I am not in position to rate them.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 14:46. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:07   #243
BHPian

Voted for Tiago.

It might not the fastest, smallest, biggest or the most dashing of small cars. Yet, its VFM and a build quality no one expects from TATA holds an inexplicable allure to it.

This is a car I look forward to buy as a daily driver.

Endeavour came very close though. I absolutely love the masculine look of the Endeavour, a fast becoming rarity in the world of fluidic design (like the New Fortuner). The combination of looks, driving prowess and sheer presence makes it a very desirable vehicle to own and love. Would make for a great weekend get away vehicle.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2016 at 14:45. Reason: Corrected typos.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:17   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Endeavour for me takes the cake. Have owned the 3.2 Titanium since August and I am so happy with my decision. True no car is perfect and every car has its flaws but Ford has done an exceptional job with the New Endeavour.

Brezza for me comes a close 2nd. Barring the underpowered engine its very well equipped with Maruti's unbeatable service network to back it up.
I had the same feelings while voting for the Endeavour. Glad it was backed by a Endeavour owner. Congratulations on the excellent choice.
Brezza is a nice product, but once you get inside it (where you'll be spending most of the time) there's nothing special.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:33   #245

Have voted for Maruti Vitara Brezza. Its not a perfect car but fits the bill of most of the people and also from the stable of Maruti. Consistently selling 7k+ numbers every month.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:36   #246

My vote goes for the Tiago. Its a great little hatch and has really done a big thing for Tata Motors i.e. changed consumer perceptions about the brand. This car has really brought to book what Tata had started out to do with the Zest - tell people that it can make a car that is well priced and matches up to the competition in quality as well as features. The results speak for themselves with the car doing consistently well in the monthly sales volume.

Now one hopes Tata motors can continue to keep this momentum going with regular new product launches.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:51   #247
BHPian

My vote is for the Isuzu Dmax Vcross. We have seen pickups in the market before, all looking as unremarkable as their commerical fleet cousins. But to position a pick up exclusively as a lifestyle vehicle, with the looks and all the additional accessories to back it up, is something we have never seen before. It is opening up a new segment which, hopefully, will force other manufacturers to launch their products in that segment.

By the number of votes here, it is evident that Tiago is a wonderful car. Good job Tata. But is it something groundbreaking? No. We have seen cars like this before from different manufacturers. Same is the case with Endeavour.

If there was no Dmax Vcross, my vote would have been for e2o plus. It may not succeed in the market but it is innovative, and it has huge potential. It may pave the way for other mainstream manufacturers to go the electric way, if it sells in 3 digits every month. Hoping for the best.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:31   #248

Voted for Tiago.

I am little more than 6'5" in height and I was surprised to see in Tiago if I adjust seat for my position at Driver. I can still sit at the back with considerably brushing knees to the seat and head to the top. So for an average Indian it should be very good daily driver as well as weekend tripper. By the way, honestly speaking, Zica sounded better but never mind with what happened later.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:37   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's time to look back at the year and cast your vote for The Team-BHP Car of the Year. This is where YOU - the BHPian - will choose the car of 2016.
I think its incredibly hard to choose a car of the year with such options. We can't pit the XF against the Tiago. The XF will flatten it up and down the park. But tiago can be had at 1/10 the price of the XF. Perhaps it'd be easier to choose cars from body types or prices?

Hatchbacks-Tiago over GTi. GTi is atleast 10 lakhs over priced.
Sedans- Quite a few options here. Superb, S90, Elantra all good contenders but i think the Superb pips the spot.
SUV's- Endeavour ke baad ek aur Endeavour
Compact SUV- Easy breezy for the Maruti breezzey (Vitara Brezza)
Luxury cars-S90 from the list but the luxury cars not on list- the S convertible, Mustang, F-Pace, GTR and Bentyaga.

Though i think the car of the year would be the Innova. Its rather over priced, we all agree. But this car is going to sell everywhere. All types of houses, family backgrounds, cities, villages you name it. I hate the way it looks but this car is literally better than the previous best car in India, the old Innova.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:42   #250
BHPian

Voted for the Tiago !!

* Great turnaround from TATA.
* VFM hatch which ticks (almost) all practical points.
* Its been a success, as of now.

There remains some room for improvement, specially on the engine front. Hopefully, TATA will be looking into that with future upgrades.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:46   #251
BHPian

For me automobiles are about going places. And when it comes to that, 4x4s rule the league as they can take you to places that no other regular automobiles can. And that is why my vote goes to the new Ford Endeavour, the new stand-out king of the 4x4s. A strong contender was the Isuzu D-Max V-cross.
Touringlawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 09:51   #252
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Nothing quite like the Vitara Brezza for the Indian Market. Truly Maruti has once again demonstrated its super understanding of the Indian Mentality and Market.

Yes, it is nowhere as good as the International Vitara and comes with way less features. But who cares?
It is doing superbly well and has a waiting list as long as 8-9 months!
Amazing.

Just because they have read the market so beautifully and are so successful, I am voting Vitara Brezza!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 10:58   #253
BHPian

Votod for the Tata Tiago. Tata motors has made a sincere effort with the Tiago with good interiors, looks, sorted ride and handling, decent engines and features.

The pricing makes it a value for money offering.
Old 18th December 2016, 14:34   #254
BHPian

Voted for the Volkswagen Ameo, specifically for the 1.5 TDI DSG Automatic.

Never knew a day will come when a diesel automatic (with a proper dual-clutch box) would be available at a price of around 11 lakhs OTR Bangalore. This particular model has excited me so much that I am willing to overlook their horrendous service and the high cost of spares I incurred on my Volkswagen Polo over the past 6 years.

Sure the Ameo looks a bit quirky and I generally hate sedans, but I am looking forward to the test drive next week.
Old 18th December 2016, 14:44   #255
BHPian

Voted for Tiago.

Love the overall styling and finish both interior and exterior and to clock steady numbers month on month is quite an achievement for this TATA car. Not many would have expected this but I am happy for this car doing well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks