Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2016?
Datsun Redi-GO 6 0.24%
Tata Tiago 901 36.76%
Mahindra KUV100 13 0.53%
Volkswagen Ameo 40 1.63%
Mahindra e2o Plus 14 0.57%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 354 14.44%
Honda BR-V 14 0.57%
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 91 3.71%
Hyundai Elantra 29 1.18%
Toyota Innova Crysta 195 7.96%
Hyundai Tucson 29 1.18%
Ford Endeavour 468 19.09%
Skoda Superb 97 3.96%
Toyota Fortuner 68 2.77%
Volkswagen Polo GTI 37 1.51%
BMW X1 24 0.98%
Honda Accord Hybrid 9 0.37%
Audi A4 6 0.24%
Jaguar XE 6 0.24%
Mercedes GLC-Class 8 0.33%
Jaguar XF 6 0.24%
Volvo S90 36 1.47%
Voters: 2451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 21:16   #211
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016. EDIT: It's the Tata Tiago!

Brezza gets my vote.
Game changer in the already crowded suvish hatchback segment
Options to choose colours, designs and a winner engine under the hood
Petrol 1.0 Turbo engine will spice up things
BHPians might let it down. But Brezza is layman's COTY.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th December 2016 at 21:29. Reason: Breeza > Brezza
sandygordon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 21:25   #212
BHPian

Its the Tiago for me. While I agree that this car does not in itself present anything unique that other cars do not offer, but I voted for it mostly for the simple reason that this car has probably redefined the way people look at Tata. This is Tata's moment of changing from a cute caterpillar to a lovely butterfly.

Hopefully, this will make Tata a formidable competition in the coming years as it integrates the technologies from its acquisitions into their India launches and help completely change the rules of the game.

So my vote is for a hopeful future of Indian cars.
Old 12th December 2016, 21:55   #213
BHPian

This year none of the cars stand out IMO. So I will wait for a while before I vote. I'm leaning towards the Tiago as that is the best one among the cars of a common man (read <D segment).

A question to mods: If Abarth Punto was not included in 2015 poll since it was considered to be a new variant of an existing car, how did Polo GTI make it to the list?
Old 12th December 2016, 22:19   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite surprised that the Crysta has garnered just a third of the votes that the Endy has ! I had expected a good product like the Crysta, that too a Toyota, to have got more than that. Relatively, even the Isuzu V-Cross and the Volvo S90 have done quite well !
Old 12th December 2016, 22:26   #215
BHPian

I voted for Tiago. A world class car from an Indian Manufacturer, which checks almist every box for an average Indian buyer.
Old 12th December 2016, 22:28   #216
BHPian

And my vote goes to Tiago.

Not because I own one but it is value for money.
In recent times Tata has come up with some good cars, it is one of them.
Old 12th December 2016, 23:43   #217
BHPian

Putting my money where my mouth is. Hyundai Tucson. Pure lust in a metal box.
Old 13th December 2016, 00:07   #218

Voted for Tiago, Game changer for Tata and all round package for customer at this price point .
Old 13th December 2016, 11:55   #219
BHPian

Initially,I was split between Tiago & Endeavour.
Endeavour deserves to be rewarded for what it is and how well it has evolved from its previous generation. However, it's introduced in India after probably almost an year after introduction elsewhere.

But then, this is T-bhp's 'Indian' car of the year.
A stable that was deemed by many as heading for it's doomsday, went back to the drawing board, turned all the stones- design, engineering, quality, sales, marketing, branding, service* etc.
After all the effort the outcome ought to be great and IT IS.

To turn around public (not just customer, but also influencers) perception and make 5-6000 folks choose it every month (for last 3 months atleast) is not a trivial job.

My vote is for this ZIppy CAr- a deserved one!

*service aspect is yet to be fully seen, but hints shows (i own a tata) the quality of service in general is improving.
Old 13th December 2016, 12:43   #220
BHPian

Voted for the Innova.

Overpriced. Not many improvements. Higher maintenance costs. Niggles. Looks. Handling. <insert others>

None of the above accusations / observations have dented their sales. Just a sheer money making machine. For a 25+L vehicle, commanding this type of loyalty is totally unheard of. Toyota did something right with this vehicle.

A car of the year doesn't have to be the winner of the popularity contest IMO. It could also be the one vehicle that stands head and shoulders above the rest in it's segment. In every other segment, you have options that we may actually consider. In this segment, you have the Innova. Then about a couple of miles away, you have the rest.

While I absolutely abhor Toyota's pricing on this and haven't been a fan, I have to give credit where it's due. It's a master stroke no one can seem to follow / copy or chip away at.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:25   #221
BHPian

I guess if the Kwid 1.0 AMT was on the list, it would have taken away majority votes. That said, I have voted for the Brezza. Maruti Suzuki have outdone themselves with this one. They got the pricing, styling, engines and features right. Projectors, LEDs' front and back, ground clearance to tackle 99% everyday Indian road conditions, economical and adequately powered diesel engine (for the price) , good looking alloys, travel comfort. Best of all, a relatively trouble free service experience (in terms of service costs and service rendered), good resale value and the mental peace of owning a Maruti Suzuki. In my book, nothing can beat that!

A word about the Tiago: It is an amazing comeback vehicle for TATA, with the best fit n' finish seen ever in a TATA (apparently now, HEXA is better). The audio system is the best, this side of 10 Lakhs or even a few lakhs above. It is a worthy contender, definitely my second choice.
cunnuvila is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 22:01   #222
BHPian

Absolutely none of the cars stand out this year. I had a choice among Mahindra e2o Plus, Ford Endeavor and Tiago - voted for the Ford as makes more sense for the buyer as the Mahindra is still much of a city car at best. The Tiago seems to be a good all round car, but something about that look that I just don't like.

As expected after voting found out the KUV is getting most of the votes. To me it would have been a choice but for the rather bad handling on highways and I did not 'perceive' it to be a safe car, even though it has airbags as optional across variants. I felt the body is shoddy. And with safety with my maximum points, it was out. I hope I am wrong here though.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 13th December 2016 at 22:05.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:21   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Absolutely none of the cars stand out this year. I had a choice among Mahindra e2o Plus, Ford Endeavor and Tiago - voted for the Ford as makes more sense for the buyer as the Mahindra is still much of a city car at best. The Tiago seems to be a good all round car, but something about that look that I just don't like.

As expected after voting found out the KUV is getting most of the votes. To me it would have been a choice but for the rather bad handling on highways and I did not 'perceive' it to be a safe car, even though it has airbags as optional across variants. I felt the body is shoddy. And with safety with my maximum points, it was out. I hope I am wrong here though.
Err KUV getting most of the votes? I believe you are being Sarcastic? KUV has less than 1℅.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:26   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Err KUV getting most of the votes? I believe you are being Sarcastic? KUV has less than 1℅.
God! what was I smoking

Mods, can you please remove that part?
Old 14th December 2016, 00:17   #225
BHPian

My vote goes to the Tiago as it brings back the "more car per car" phenomenon with style and quality and the t-bhp review is a testimony to that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks