Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2016?
Datsun Redi-GO 6 0.24%
Tata Tiago 901 36.76%
Mahindra KUV100 13 0.53%
Volkswagen Ameo 40 1.63%
Mahindra e2o Plus 14 0.57%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 354 14.44%
Honda BR-V 14 0.57%
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 91 3.71%
Hyundai Elantra 29 1.18%
Toyota Innova Crysta 195 7.96%
Hyundai Tucson 29 1.18%
Ford Endeavour 468 19.09%
Skoda Superb 97 3.96%
Toyota Fortuner 68 2.77%
Volkswagen Polo GTI 37 1.51%
BMW X1 24 0.98%
Honda Accord Hybrid 9 0.37%
Audi A4 6 0.24%
Jaguar XE 6 0.24%
Mercedes GLC-Class 8 0.33%
Jaguar XF 6 0.24%
Volvo S90 36 1.47%
Voters: 2451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 16:30   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016. EDIT: It's the Tata Tiago!

Mod Note: A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Please stay on the topic, which is your vote for COTY and reasons thereof.
Old 9th December 2016, 17:19   #182
BHPian

Voted for The Tata Tiago.
I have owned 3 versions of the Indica and there have been two more in the family over the years. There have been two Safaris in the family as well. We reached a point where we did not even want to look at a Tata car and we moved to different manufacturers for various reasons.
When I first saw the Tiago interior, I was pleasantly amazed at the improvement in a Tata car. The first drive confirmed that the beauty was not skin deep.
I have heard from some present owners that A.S.S. has also improved a lot.
I hope the JLR rub-off shows us more exciting and reliable cars from Tata in future!
Old 9th December 2016, 17:49   #183
BHPian

Voted for Tiago from Tata Motors.
Why: It's Fantastico !! (Like its punchline)

Well, for me a COTY is something which offers great value for money.
And Tiago gives much more than its price.

Few points considered while voting:
1. Fantastic Music system.
2. Handling is awesome in its segment.
3. Nice small looking yet decently spacious car.
4. Above all VFM pricing.
Old 9th December 2016, 18:08   #184
BHPian

Voted for the X1 because:
  • It is a significant change from the erstwhile X1 and looks one of the most proportional Compact Luxury SUVs in its class
  • Great set of features and a fantastic engine, good interiors and quality
  • Great space, performance and handling for an SUV
  • It has reset the benchmark for compact luxury SUVs
  • I also own one

If I were to look at impact at a larger scale in terms of customers touched it would be a close fight between Brezza and Tiago
Old 9th December 2016, 18:23   #185
BHPian

Voted for Tiago. The entire saga of Tiago till date has been a huge step-up from TATA. Starting from the design, materials used, build quality, sturdiness, interiors/exterior finishing, infotainment system and even aggressive advertising have been top notch and a few steps above their competition. We definitely see a new sprung enthusiasm from TATA in their upcoming designs (HEXA, KITE 5, NEXON) to make an impact on the private car buyers and change their image from the Taxi plates. Wishing TATA all the success...hope can live upto the expectations of Indian consumers and delvier quality products and service.
Old 9th December 2016, 19:31   #186
BHPian

Voted for Toyota Innova Crysta considering the difference between the old and the new version. There is hardly anything important left for Toyota to do (except the 5000 kms service interval and high price)

It was a close call between Tiago and Innova and for me Toyota beat Tata with its brand reliability.
Old 9th December 2016, 22:19   #187
BHPian

Voted for Tata Tiago. Did consider for Ford Endeavour as well but considering the mass market voted for Tiago.

Tiago has finally got some volumes for Tata and also helped in climbing up the Top Manufacturers List. Be it the Exterior design or the interiors with super ICE setup, Tata has finally got ticks in all the boxes.

Will be considering it as a second car at home as well.
Old 10th December 2016, 11:59   #188
BHPian

I voted for the Crysta and no, it's not because I bought one!

Toyota has upped the game when it comes to the MUV segment and to a large degree increased the aspirational quotient of this MPV, seriously challenging D-Segment cars and the SUVs.

It's not without its flaws and definitely a bit overpriced, but IMHO a game changer for UVs no doubt.
Old 10th December 2016, 15:00   #189
BHPian

So its December and that time of the year already!

Its was a tough call between the Endeavour and the Tiago. Both are the winner products for the brands that they come from and have managed to change the perception of the buyers as well.

Starting with the Endeavour which is a very capable product offering the most bang for buck! I've seen several happy customers now munching miles in their 3.2's. Definitely a game changer for Ford given it was able to break in to the ever so indestructible (and ageing) Fortuner sales. However, with the new Fortuner already here, it will be interesting to see if Ford can continue to lure buyers mostly on account of lower pricing.

However, my heart really goes to Tiago. What a comeback by Tata! They have been losing market in every segment (PV's and CV's) and Tiago comes in as a savior. A perfect city car with better overall finish and quality than a Maruti. It is certainly the best example (among 2016 launches) on how to get things right. While the shape and form appeals to the masses, it is priced well too! Congratulations Tata, you've done it finally.

Last edited by SDP : 11th December 2016 at 21:36. Reason: minor corrections
Old 10th December 2016, 17:38   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Tiago, simply because it's the one vehicle that has managed to turn around Tata's image and significantly so! This is the product that puts Tata in the same league as other global competitors, and one that has the possibility of changing Tata's perception in the private vehicle market!

The Hyundai Elantra, Ford Endeavour, Skoda Superb are other options; but do not show as significant a leap ahead as compared to their outgoing models / competitors.
Old 11th December 2016, 09:21   #191
Team-BHP Support

For this year, there is nothing much to think on the choice - Ford Endeavour.

The new Fortuner may take the lead in sales chart (again), but the Ford Endeavour is a wonderful package with the right mix of luxury and practicality. And personally I find the Ford a notch above the Toyota in overall looks and finish.

My second choice is the Jaguar XE. If I am buying a car here in Singapore, it will be that! Just the right size, and good fun to drive.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 09:39   #192
BHPian

It has to be the Brezza- an Another Mass Market Bonanza from the Leader of Indian Automobile Corp.

-Handsomely chiseled body with tacky color shades [along with the common tones]