Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2016?
Datsun Redi-GO 6 0.24%
Tata Tiago 901 36.76%
Mahindra KUV100 13 0.53%
Volkswagen Ameo 40 1.63%
Mahindra e2o Plus 14 0.57%
Maruti Vitara Brezza 354 14.44%
Honda BR-V 14 0.57%
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 91 3.71%
Hyundai Elantra 29 1.18%
Toyota Innova Crysta 195 7.96%
Hyundai Tucson 29 1.18%
Ford Endeavour 468 19.09%
Skoda Superb 97 3.96%
Toyota Fortuner 68 2.77%
Volkswagen Polo GTI 37 1.51%
BMW X1 24 0.98%
Honda Accord Hybrid 9 0.37%
Audi A4 6 0.24%
Jaguar XE 6 0.24%
Mercedes GLC-Class 8 0.33%
Jaguar XF 6 0.24%
Volvo S90 36 1.47%
Voters: 2451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 19:42   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2016. EDIT: It's the Tata Tiago!

I have voted for Tata Tiago. I have not driven it but seen few cars around and looks very nice and hard to believe that this car is from Tata...!!
Old 18th December 2016, 20:25   #257
Senior - BHPian

I haven't even seen some of the cars in the list on the road, let alone driving or travelling in one. So, this vote is based just on some criteria I made up.

My choice is the Tiago. The sales did not start at any earth-shattering numbers, which is not surprising given Tata's reputation in the market. But even beyond the initial 2-3 months after launch, the sales have climbed. I noticed that even the Zest seems to have gained some sales post-Tiago. The example of the Tiago was also often quoted as a reason why good things can be expected from the Hexa as a product. I think all of this shows the strength of Tiago as a product. This car has changed the way the market looks at Tata products. My vote therefore goes to the Tiago.
Old 18th December 2016, 20:36   #258
BHPian

Voted for Endeavour.

The only SUV to retain butch look. It is a complete makeover from the previous generation in all departments - ride quality, refined 3.2 engine, safety aspects, TMS, Active noise cancellation, electric folding of 3rd rows, parallel park assist and other loads of features in the vehicle. Over and above all these they also priced it aggressively.

In my view had they read the market well they would have sold many nos.
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 20:40   #259
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Vitara Brezza, just to appreciate Maruti's attempt at producing a compact SUV that has make the competition in the segment healthy!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 09:29   #260
BHPian

Voted for Tata Tiago. India is a small car market and I think it is the best small car released last year.
Old 19th December 2016, 12:06   #261
BHPian

Voted Tiago, its a success for indian automobile engineering. It has the finesse of a european design, if Tata improves on A.S.S it can become one of the industry leaders.
Old 19th December 2016, 14:53   #262
BHPian

Without a shred of doubt it is the Tiago that stole the show in 2016 and gave TATA the much needed and, I might add, deserved thrust in the Indian Passenger Market (Hatchback) segment.

The car has the looks and delivers the goods with TATA's much improved A.S.S being the "X" factor for the Tiago to do so well!

I might be jumping the gun here but I feel that it'll be another TATA car that will be the Car of the Year in 2017 as well despite turbulence in its top management! This will be akin to a team putting its off-field troubles and controversies aside and punch above its weight on the field! Let's wait and watch

Last edited by WAM-4 : 19th December 2016 at 14:54. Reason: Corrected grammar and typos
Old 19th December 2016, 22:39   #263
BHPian

In the long list, cars I have seen in person or driven are:

a. Mahindra KUV100
b. Maruti Vitara Brezza
c. Honda BR-V
d. Toyota Innova Crysta
e. Ford Endeavour
f. Tata Tiago

I drove my friend KUV100, but was not very impressed with it. It was not striking the right chord.

I was excited with Honda BR-V before its release and thought that I had made a mistake in buying City sedan without waiting for this SUV. But once I saw it in showroom I lost complete interest in it.

I loved Vitara Brezza and even recommended to my relative to go for it. It ticks all the box for a compact SUV. But somehow, I believe Ecosport has an edge over this car in this segment.

Crysta is typical Toyota comfort, but really not value for money.

It was a tie between Endeavour and Tiago. I would love to own an Endeavour in the future.

But my vote goes to Tiago - the sincere effort put in by Tata to improve quality and provide a value for money car with attractive design and features. Also, Tata effort to improve shows up in Hexa. Wish them better years in the market.
Old 19th December 2016, 22:46   #264
BHPian

This is my first post (though I've joined quite some time ago)

I voted for the Tiago

Tata has always been close to the heart and while all at home are happy Maruti users, I am looking forward to choosing between the Tiago and the Kite5 when the WagonR is due for a replacement a year from now

Heartening to see a "quality" product from Tata and hoping that it is the sign of things to come going forward for the brand.

Regards
Mar21
Old 20th December 2016, 09:22   #265
BHPian

Haven't really driven any of the cars mentioned in the list, however, voted for the Brezza. It looks pretty good, comes at an amazing price tag which makes it an extreme VFM offering, couple that to the fact that it comes from the MS stable, makes it one tough car to beat in the segment.

Kudos to MS for this great proposition !!
Old 20th December 2016, 12:02   #266
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Ameo because of the quality, tech and features brought to the segment. While many features are now available in other models such as the Xcent, this is a big step for VW and indicates a level of commitment not seen before from them to India.

Also having experienced VW/Skoda quality first hand, I'm glad it is available in a package that is desirable and practical as well as at a price comparable to the competition.

VW after sales has a long way to go, but if they stay committed we can expect great cars and segment leading technology in the future.
Old 20th December 2016, 13:26   #267
Senior - BHPian

I have voted for Tata Tiago :

My rationale was simple.

Their overall build / fit and finish was a massive improvement over their history. Their cars always rode well and had comfortable seats but the overall user experience was below average.

Tiago is the first car which feels complete. The seat is nice, the interior fit and finish. Texture is unique and good. Overall a brilliant come back from Tata.

Waiting for the Hexa. Future for Tata looks bright from this point.

Last edited by SDP : 21st December 2016 at 09:15. Reason: typo
Old 20th December 2016, 13:53   #268
BHPian

My Vote for TIAGO
I own a ZEST XT and Indigo eCS. So my blind vote is for their little brother who helped in changing the whole outlook people had on TATA cars. And Tiago has helped in boosting ZEST sales in Kerala as well.
Old 21st December 2016, 01:00   #269
Senior - BHPian

I would have voted for the Rapid if it was here however I guess it has been considered as a face-lift to which one may argue that it was not just a face-lift but a radical change. Since it is not there I have voted for the v-cross since it has brought comfort and performance to a segment which very few ever bothered to look at.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 21st December 2016 at 01:02.
Old 21st December 2016, 09:38   #270
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the TATA TIAGO

Though it is really not the car I would want to own/drive, IMO the way the car is positioned and the effort put in by our own TATA is commendable to say the least

Why TATA never came up with such a beautiful designs on all their cars is a MI(Y)STRY !!! (No Pun Intended)

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st December 2016 at 09:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks