Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 00:13   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Took delivery of Trend + AT today evening. Initial driving impressions are positive. Suspension is well balanced, NVH is fantastic, the D mode does the job well in most conditions and the car masks the speed very well. Surprisingly, under very heavy foot the D mode is only happy to hold on a gear till redline. Went for a 20 km roundtrip on the NH just now where I maintained light footed 70-80 speeds (I mostly drive sedately only)- average mileage shown was 17 plus.

Going for a 200 km roundtrip tomorrow and hopefully I'd be able to confirm on mileage numbers under more practical conditions.

Congratulations, what was the OTR price for this Trend+ AT? Are they giving any discounts/offers this month?

The top end costs around 2L gap which I feel is quite high!
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 18:22   #1502
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congratulations, what was the OTR price for this Trend+ AT? Are they giving any discounts/offers this month?

The top end costs around 2L gap which I feel is quite high!
9.34 lacs + 10K (extended warranty) + 75K (road tax) + 14K (Comprehensive Insurance with NCB transferred from old car)= 10.33 lacs

Titanium AT is around 2.2 lac dearer here in Kerala.
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 19:39   #1503
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

This post is for a friend of mine who took ES Trend+AT last week. 5 days after delivery he realised that driver side door was not getting locked while locking with remote. All other 4 doors get locked. Manually with key driver door locks.
His car is with JSP Ford for the last 3 days and Ford has updated him that it has something to do with some module which was added in the new model. Apparently it is not an actuator issue which JSP guys thought it was.
He says both JSP service centre guy and Ford call centre guy said this issue could be in other cars also since it has to do with the model. Anyone else faced this issue?
Old 13th December 2017, 21:47   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
9.34 lacs + 10K (extended warranty) + 75K (road tax) + 14K (Comprehensive Insurance with NCB transferred from old car)= 10.33 lacs

Titanium AT is around 2.2 lac dearer here in Kerala.
Thanks Jacob for the reply. On Carwale under Navi Mumbai city, it shows me 10.85L OTR. RTO costs itself over a lac+ :(

Need to check what the dealer confirms.

Also what I've understood from here that to save some cost, buy insurance online on your own 👍

In regards to the car, I see that they've given steel rims for Trend AT with 16' tyres. Saw a new wheel cap design. Would be good if you could post pics of it too
Old 14th December 2017, 01:48   #1505
BHPian

We have a September 2016 Ecosport Titanium + diesel. It had gone for some denting & painting work in FASS, while waiting there I spotted the New 2017 Ecosport so I had a good look of the face lifted model. Here are the changes that I could notice/remember.

INTERIOR

Climate Control switch

The older one had a funky design while the new one seems to have a more classy look & is shared with the Figo. Also the usb ports have moved up below the Climate Control switch.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-old-ac-control.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-new-ac-control.jpg

Ambient Lighting & Sporty Pedals

The new one gains Ambient Lighting along with sporty pedals.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-pedals-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ambient-lighting-new.jpg

Armrest & Lumbar support

The older one had the armrest attached to the driver seat which was very comfortable, new one has a fixed armrest which only the taller among us would be able to use. As for the adjustable lumbar support, it is deleted from the facelift.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-armrest-lumbar-support.jpg

Door request sensor

The older one has a small black rubber on the door handle which needs to be pressed to lock/unlock the car. This has been replaced with a touch sensor.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-sensor-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-sensor-new.jpg

Driver side door switch gear

The new one gets new buttons for power window switches, gains auto folding mirrors, ORVM adjuster moves to the driver armrest from a higher position near the speakers in the older car ( Door lock switch occupies this position in the facelift)

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-switch-old-2.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-switch-old-1.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-switch-new-2.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-door-switch-new-1.jpg

Gear Knob

The gear knob in the older one was finished in silver whereas in the new one it is finished in black.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-gear-knob-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-gear-knob-new.jpg

Handbrake

The handbrake in older one was wrapped in Leather ( introduced in the 2015 upgrade) & Leather wrapping is missing in the new one.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-p_20171213_083555.jpg

Headlight Switch Gear

Here the new Switch Gear looks more classy with a bit of chrome lining.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-headlight-switch-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-control-knob-headlight-fog.jpg

ICE

The biggest change is the inclusion of a touchscreen based system running on SYNC 3 which support Android Auto, Apple Car Play. The older one was quite contemporary in 2013 but was getting a bit old specially with the old NOKIA phone like buttons. ( NOTE- Even the older Ecosport got a touch HU from early 2017)

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ice-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ice-new.jpg

Instrument Cluster

The older one had a Funky looking instrument cluster with the hooded binnacles. The new one looks plain in comparison but on the positive side gains a Temperature gauge & a TPMS.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-old-instrument-cluster.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-new-instrument-cluster.jpg

Engine Start Stop Button

The older one used to read Ford power, the newer one more correctly reads engine start stop.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-engine-start-stop-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-new-power-button.jpg

Steering Wheel

The steering wheel is all new, gains more buttons, cruise control & is fully Leather Wrapped ( the older one was only leather wrapped in places) & also the buttons feel better to use.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-old-steering-wheel.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-new-steering-wheel.jpg

Picture credits - Team-bhp, AUTOCARINDIA, FORD INDIA.
chiranjitp is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 02:35   #1506
BHPian

Continuing from my previous post.

EXTERIOR

Keys

The key design is changed. Though both are okay looking, personally I prefer the old key.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-key-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-key-new.jpg

Air Intake Plumbing

Air intake plumbing is changed mostly due to the change in Grill design.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-new.jpg

Alloy Wheels

The new one gets 17 inch alloy wheel in place of 16 inch in the old model. Considering stiff ride of Ecosport & its positioning as a mini SUV, 16 inch would have been better suited. The design of the new one seems better as the older one looked a bit too flowery to me.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-alloy-wheel-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-alloy-wheel-new.jpg

Antenna

The Antenna in the new one moves to the back of the vehicle from the front, to keep up with the trend.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-antenna-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-antenna-new.jpg

Front

The front is completely changed. Gone is the smiling face, the new one is more aggressive looking. The turn indicators move down to the bumper, new one gains projector headlights.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-front-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-front-new.jpg

Headlight

The new one gains Projector headlights with LED DRL. DRL in the old one was placed inside the fog lamp housing ( yellow bulb) . While the LED strip inside the headlight was used as parking lights.

Old
The stupid DRL in action
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-headlight-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-headlight-new.jpg

Rear

The changes in the rear are negligible, rear fog lamp ( Introduced in the 2015 upgrade) is missing in the facelift. The rear wiper is better clad in the New model.

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-rear-fog-lamp-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-rear-fog-lamp-new.jpg

Old
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-rear-wiper-old.jpg

New
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Picture credits : Team-bhp, AUTOCAR INDIA, FORD INDIA.

While buying our Ecosport Titanium + Diesel in 2016, the 4 things I missed most were ESP, Traction Control in Manual variant, Auto Folding Mirror, Rear Camera, Rear A.C vents. Apart from Rear vents all the other things have been made it to the facelift among other new goodies. Among the things missing the most I will miss are the Driver Armrest & Reclining rear seats.

So will I buy the Ecosport again in 2017 if I were in the market. If I have the budget for the top variant then their is no competition but if I am looking at the lower variants then TATA Nexon will also be in serious contention or even something like a i20 or a Baleno if ground clearance is not an issue.
chiranjitp is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 07:34   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

Air Intake Plumbing

Air intake plumbing is changed mostly due to the change in Grill design.

Old
Attachment 1705836

New
Attachment 1705837
Thanks for the compilation! Just wanted to point out that there is no change to the air intake.

What you have in the pic as new is the new petrol engine - the dragon. The TDCi engine bay looks the same.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 09:29   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks for the compilation! Just wanted to point out that there is no change to the air intake.

What you have in the pic as new is the new petrol engine - the dragon. The TDCi engine bay looks the same.
Thanks for the complement. The photo I shared for the new model is indeed of the Petrol Dragon engine. So I had a peek under the bonnet of my tdci this morning & went through the Official Review. So this is what I found out.

It seems that regardless of the engine the air intake plumbing looks similar.
Old 1.0 Ecosboost
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-old-ecoboost.jpg

Old 1.5 Tdci
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-old-tdci.jpg

New 1.5 Dragon
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-new-dragon.jpg

New 1.5 Tdci
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-air-intake-new-tdci.jpg

Though I couldn't find a better photo of the new Tdci engine bay. It seems that their is indeed a change in the Air intake plumbing. Am I still missing something?
Old 14th December 2017, 09:29   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

Headlight

The new one gains Projector headlights with LED DRL. DRL in the old one was placed inside the fog lamp housing ( yellow bulb) . While the LED strip inside the headlight was used as parking lights.

Old
The stupid DRL in action
Attachment 1705844

New
Attachment 1705845
DRLs in the old Ecosport? I have a 2015 model, I dont have any DRLs. Was this added sometime later on?
Old 14th December 2017, 12:00   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I dont have any DRLs. Was this added sometime later on?
Between 2014 and 2016, Ford made lot of cosmetic changes, for example mine is a 2016 Black edition, i don't have the fog lamp on the back. I love this feature, especially during rains its a great safety feature. So don't be surprised if any of the feature is missing in your edition.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th December 2017 at 13:52. Reason: fixing quote
Old 14th December 2017, 12:20   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't this a pretty standard thing with dealers/manufacturers to announce imminent price hike to boost the year-end sales? You will see the same message coming thru various channels for almost all brands.
Ford is known for their clause - *introductory price. I almost experienced this first hand when I got the Ecosport.

Coming to new car, I got to check it properly last weekend (was on display in a mall). Wife couldn't make out the difference and asked me why it's on display among other new cars . Few points noticed after spending couple of minutes:
1) I liked the front grill but minus the chrome bit.
2) 17" looks sweet but prefer the old design. But this low profile tyre can be really gruesome on our roads.
3) The dash looks so good now except for that old school MID.
4) I had always loved the seats on the Ecosport and it continues to do so but didn't like the new armrest and miss the lumbar support.
5) Wife didn't like the placement of the touchscreen but I liked it and the graphics are good, better than Hyundai.

Need to TD it (have a lot of cars to TD, even the compass ). Overall a good package from Ford and hope they don't get greedy and play around with the price like they did when they launched the first gen.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:35   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
DRLs in the old Ecosport? I have a 2015 model, I dont have any DRLs. Was this added sometime later on?
The Signature Lightguide & DRL were added to the EcoSport during the 2015 refresh, when the power was also bumped up to 100PS on the TDCi engine.
In 2016, Ford added an all new DRL in the EcoSport again, as a part of another refresh.
IIRC, the latter was also offered as an accessory by Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-5df5b43625454df3aeac94129ec43043.jpeg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-d3972155746a4620bea827a543bdb553.jpeg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2017 at 14:01. Reason: As per reported post. Thanks.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:08   #1513
BHPian

Hi There,

Could someone who has taken the test drive of the diesel clarify on this, please :

1. Is there any improvement in the steering feedback or does it continue to be the same as before?

2. How is the ride quality on the - especially for the rear seat occupants?

3. Any improvement on the clutch spring-back action - thought it was a bit on the higher side (when i test drove it a year back) as compared to my 1st gen Verna diesel

Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 00:14   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi There,

Could someone who has taken the test drive of the diesel clarify on this, please :

1. Is there any improvement in the steering feedback or does it continue to be the same as before?

2. How is the ride quality on the - especially for the rear seat occupants?

3. Any improvement on the clutch spring-back action - thought it was a bit on the higher side (when i test drove it a year back) as compared to my 1st gen Verna diesel

Thanks
I love the steering of new ecosport. Grip is very good and control buttons are placed very well and easy to use.

Mine is T+ with 17" wheels. I feel that ride quality is bumpy. Please note, tyre pressure in wheels is 36.

I feel that clutch is too long :( .
Old 15th December 2017, 01:47   #1515
BHPian

Hi all,
Can someone please enlighten on how to enable steering lock for push button equipped models. I have noticed the steering locking only once or twice but not every time. How do we ensure that steering locks each time after locking the car.
Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks