Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 15:41   #2536
BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Hey guys,
My HTX+ automatic has reached the stockyard and I just went to take a look at it. We’re all set to take the delivery of the vehicle but, with the recent rumours / news of the possibility of the GST being reduced I’m confused if I should go ahead or wait and see if there’s a change in the GST structure. Any inputs / suggestions would be welcome.
Attaching some pics I took of the car.
If your car has already come, means its already been billed, so no chance of getting any GST benefit even if it comes in the future (highly unlikely imho). Your car looks amazing. Take the delivery and enjoy!
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 16:00   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
If your car has already come, means its already been billed, so no chance of getting any GST benefit even if it comes in the future (highly unlikely imho). Your car looks amazing. Take the delivery and enjoy!
The car has come but it hasn’t been billed to me just yet. I spoke to the dealer and he said it’s possible to give it to the next guy in queue if we decide to wait.

Thank you so much. The car does look amazing. I felt like picking it up right there and then coz it looked so gorgeous.

It’s more of a head vs heart decision now. The way I see it there will be a decrease of at least 5-10% even if it’s for a limited period of time (like 30% depreciation instead of 15% till 31st March)
Old 4th September 2019, 17:03   #2538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
As per the latest info received the GTX+ DCT & GTX+ Diesel AT variants launch, pricing will be announced on 12th September.
Great news. Better to wait for 10 days instead of booking and then going through the hassle of cancelling. I hope KIA keeps true to the feature list and expected price point for the Diesel AT GTX+.
Old 4th September 2019, 17:25   #2539
BHPian

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Hello, any feedback on 1.5 Diesel Manual variant especially real world fuel efficiency?
Old 4th September 2019, 17:29   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK. Oby View Post
Whoopsie, it seems that the image changed as soon as I opened the door to get off. It was showing tire pressure indicator before that. The monochrome display was more than adequate, I had test driven the GT model before it, and the additional screen is more of a luxury than a necessity. Everything in the monochrome one looks slick, and there are 4-5 screens you can flick through using a button on the steering wheel.
Ah. That's what I thought. Can you elaborate more on the monochrome display? I've got the same on the S Cross and it does the job well. Although the color display on the Seltos does look gorgeous.

Anyone has any idea if there's a difference in functionality between the monochrome display and colour display?

There isn't going to be a GTX+ Diesel Manual right?
Old 4th September 2019, 19:16   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
My HTX+ automatic has reached the stockyard and I just went to take a look at it. We’re all set to take the delivery of the vehicle but, with the recent rumours / news of the possibility of the GST being reduced I’m confused if I should go ahead or wait and see if there’s a change in the GST structure. Any inputs / suggestions would be welcome.
Attaching some pics I took of the car.
Which city are you based off ? I am in Delhi and my sales rep says he will get allocation by Sept 15 and delivery in October.

Also he said that the gtx+ will launch on 15 sept as well. It is frustrating as I had booked the car on June 20
Old 4th September 2019, 19:47   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
My HTX+ automatic has reached the stockyard and I just went to take a look at it. Attaching some pics I took of the car.
10Nitin - What's the color of your car - Glacier White Pearl OR the other white shade? I believe seltos has two white shades to chose from..right?
Old 4th September 2019, 20:06   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Looks like someone has taken delivery and already gotten the upholstery changed. I think this is the HTK+ variant. Beige does kind of look nice and premium in my opinion. Not too sure about the faux wood inserts though. Leather wrapped steering looks neat.
This beige is totally different from the beige served by Kia. It's more like Verna Beige. Personally that mofication is not of my taste. The car now looks really old, I don't know if that's me.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 21:15   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
10Nitin - What's the color of your car - Glacier White Pearl OR the other white shade? I believe seltos has two white shades to chose from..right?
Glacier white is only available in the base variant so this is pearl white
Old 4th September 2019, 21:21   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It seems you've made up your mind about having an AT in your next car, so won't waste your time suggesting the Octavia 1.4 TSI MT Style.

To be fair, Seltos is punching above its weight in this comparison. And that's a good thing. Or is it? The pricing is wrong for the amount of product you get with the Seltos. It's just a matter of slightly higher EMI as you have mentioned to let you have one of the executive segment sedans.

- Octavia is definitely better in the seating comfort department. Seltos lacks lumbar support and proper side bolstering. Long journeys would be tiring.
- Body roll is well contained in the Seltos. Given it's short height, it drives just like a sedan.
- Ride, I found to be similar to the Octy. My car is 135K kms run though, and runs 50 profile tyres. The Seltos' higher profile tyres definitely help its case. But I didn't check in the cluster if the TD car's tyres were over inflated, but pretty sure they were given it gave constant "thuds" over potholes. So expect better performance with proper air pressures. By far the best ride quality I ever experienced was in a Jeep Compass. Give it a try if you haven't already.
- Fuel efficiency for me is stable at around 12.5-13 kpl in mixed conditions over long term. Highway cruising is easily 16-17 kpl for me, and worse I've seen is around 7-8 kpl in the city. Seltos shouldn't be too far, but totally depends on how one drives. Yet to see a long term figure from a proper road test of the Seltos.
- Visibility again, I found it similar. In the Octy I sit at a medium height, and for the Seltos, I had to lower the seat just a tad bit to find that perfect driving position. Both cars give you similar judgement of the surroundings allowing you a view of the hood, but I still feel the Octy is better in terms of overall visibility.

If budget allowed, my pick here would be the Octavia 1.4 TSI MT Style or the 1.8 TSI DSG Style (with good discounts)
Hi,

Thanks for mentioning the Octavia. Initially, I was considering the Seltos. But, given that the top end GTX+ is crossing 20L on-road, I am not so sure. So, I started to look at a segment above for cars like Tucson, Octavia etc.

One reason of considering a crossover or pseudo-SUV like Seltos was the high GC and high seating position. I know Octavia will not provide me a high seating position which I am fine with but I definitely need a high GC vehicle. How does the Octavia fare in this aspect in comparison with the crossovers like Creta or Seltos?
Old 4th September 2019, 22:37   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Glacier white is only available in the base variant so this is pearl white
I see Glacier white for GTX DCT auto on the Kia website.

The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-kiacolor.png
Old 4th September 2019, 23:09   #2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
The next GST council meeting is scheduled for the 20th of September, 2019.
Personally I don't see a major tax cut coming up.
The GST on the Seltos is currently at 45% (28% GST+17% cess).
Both the Centre and States are struggling for resources but you never know, we might just get a 5-10% decrease.
Personally I am not optimistic that such a tax cut will be applied to a car segment thats doing relatively well compared to lower segments where demand has shrink alarmingly. It would make more sense if the govt tried to revive demand in lower categories and not lose out on income in higher segments where demand is still better off.
Old 4th September 2019, 23:29   #2548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
but I definitely need a high GC vehicle. How does the Octavia fare in this aspect in comparison with the crossovers like Creta or Seltos?
Difference is huge : 155 mm in Octavia vs. 190 mm in the Seltos. Wheelbase is identical (5 mm more in Octavia)
Old 4th September 2019, 23:45   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Difference is huge : 155 mm in Octavia vs. 190 mm in the Seltos. Wheelbase is identical (5 mm more in Octavia)
Yes, I know but GC specifications are hard to read as there is lack of standardization. I have seen typically Skoda Cars have low GC specs but users hardly complaint about low GC. SO, was interested to find out the real world experience
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 07:19   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, I know but GC specifications are hard to read as there is lack of standardization. I have seen typically Skoda Cars have low GC specs but users hardly complaint about low GC. SO, was interested to find out the real world experience
Yes, you are right. Skoda ground clearance, although lower in paper is much better than in reality. However, this is when compared to other sedans. A 190mm GC is no match.
I too had thought about this when I was buying a car. If I need the additional GC for those occasions which will be less than 1% of all the roads I drive on. But I do feel the need for GC when you are driving on the last mile to a resort in Coorg or through a water logged underpass.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks