Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 13:38   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
In my opinion, Octavia will be the right next car. The seltos is quite a cramped car when you compare it to Octavia. I mean, even the front seats are smaller than a regular C2 sedan (smaller than rapid), and the performance is nothing to be compared with the 2.0 TDI of the Skoda.
Thanks for the inputs. I am only looking for petrol option as my usage is less than 1000 KMS in a month. I am 6' 1.5" tall and really appreciate a spacious car.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:39   #3632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Just sold my Cruze and contemplating on whether stick to my booking or upgrade to Jeep Compass or Octavia 1.4.
Well since you are looking at pretty much 3 different segments, you'll have to first sort priorities. If you are looking for driving pleasure & sheer Adrenalin - get the Octavia but in a powerful engine setup. If you are looking for tank like solid build, style & exclusivity - Compass is the one (I see more Seltos than XUV5OOs already. Its not an exclusive car at all).

If you are looking for a practical, easy to own family vehicle for regular use - stick to the booking on Seltos.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:40   #3633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.jeet View Post
Hello Sir,

A week later the sales person from Capital KIA called me and asked if i wanted to book and said he will be able to give me the car by end of november as there are close to a 100 bookings. I was told maximum waiting time is 3 months, not more.

I wanted the Silver, Mom wanted the red & black dual tone or full black and Dad wants the Gravity Grey
So after a lot of debate, went ahead and booked Gravity Grey, which i am told doesn't have much demand.
Hello Jeet,

Thanks for your message above.

I sent a WhatsApp message to my SA and asked what is the latest waiting period for my car. He sent me the attached table below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-waiting-period-seltos-25-oct-19.jpg  

Shivaji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:43   #3634
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. I will start another thread for my car shopping.
Old 25th October 2019, 13:50   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.jeet View Post
Hello Sir,

I wanted the Silver, Mom wanted the red & black dual tone or full black and Dad wants the Gravity Grey
So after a lot of debate, went ahead and booked Gravity Grey, which i am told doesn't have much demand.
My Toyota Tarago here in Australia is Silver, nice colour. See photo below.
Gravity Grey is also good.
Attached Thumbnails
The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs-dscn2218.jpg  

Shivaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 15:13   #3636
BHPian

Question to owners of GTX and GTX+, how effective is the UV cut glass in keeping the car cool?
Old 25th October 2019, 15:52   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Congrats on the car.

Is the feature list (mainly 6 airbags) of the GTX+ D AT identical to it's DCT cousin? There was a lot of speculation that the GTX+ D AT misses a lot of safety equipment earlier in this thread.
Thank you. I have checked on Drive modes/6 Airbags/sunroof etc which are present. One thing which I was not sure(I'm yet to check) about and I heard is that GTX+ D AT does not have ESC compared to GTX+ DCT. Probably some one who has confirmation about ESC in GTX+ D AT can update on this.
govs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 21:18   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
One thing which I was not sure(I'm yet to check) about and I heard is that GTX+ D AT does not have ESC compared to GTX+ DCT. Probably some one who has confirmation about ESC in GTX+ D AT can update on this.
Per the attached snippet from brochure, multi drive modes and traction control should be available on GTX+ D AT.
Attached Images

Old 26th October 2019, 06:47   #3639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I booked my Seltos on July 18th on KIA website immediately after they rolled out bookings. Confirmed the variant as GTX+ DCT in white color sometime in August. Switched the color to Steel silver few weeks ago. Still waiting for the delivery from the dealer in Vijayawada. They just started receiving top variants and I am 4th in priority order.

Just sold my Cruze and contemplating on whether stick to my booking or upgrade to Jeep Compass or Octavia 1.4.
Small seat is a concern. Ths smallish size of the seats is partially compensated by the seat height, but for those above 6 feet it is a matter of concern. For me the seats are just adequate and comparable to my s cross seats which is just okay for a six-footer. Moreover the seat is not that firm compared to an octavia with leather seats. But for the Octavia 1.8 TSI Onyx you will have to shell out close to 6-7 lacs more than a GTX DCT. If you are okay with a manual 1.4 Style, it is a much better car than a Seltos GTX DCT barring the automatic convenience and ease of service.

I chose the Seltos GTX+ as I wanted a small car with fair good ground clearance as even 4.3 m is large on Kerala roads IMO. Reliability and serviceability is a concern as well. Kia being a new player could mess up their service repute, but the group that has taken up Kia dealership in Cochin is the same one that has been doing exceedingly well with their Toyota dealership. Skoda has been underperforming consistently in Cochin with their horrendous service and currently, there is no service center around.

Seltos is infact a glorified hatchback, which I would be happy to choose over an Octavia 1.8 TSI for my use. Even my remapped 1.3 S cross was more than enough for my daily commute on small roads. The Octavia Onyx in red is the one to go for now if you are an enthusiast with a lot of highway runs. Just a few mods and voila, it will look like a VRS and would go almost as fast as a VRS. I stayed away from compass as the petrol engine felt wheezy and thirsty for my tastes. I would have considered the Trailhawk if it was priced close to 27-28 lacs on the road as it would have been my car of choice in flood sensitive Kerala roads.
sandygordon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 11:25   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
Per the attached snippet from brochure, multi drive modes and traction control should be available on GTX+ D AT.
Multi drive modes are there same as in DCT. But not sure about traction control and I am not explored to find any button for traction control or it's automatically engaged.
One another thing I have noticed is since the time of delivery car was in eco mode with which i could hear some kind of noise from the engine esp when moving from idle during traffic signals. I have changed to normal mode with which I have to check and post my experience. In general that's how the TC AT's behave during idle to movement because of higher revvs. Experts opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 27th October 2019, 18:29   #3641
pms
BHPian

I have booked GTX+ DCT today at JSP Kia in Bangalore. Showroom was pretty empty owing to Diwali holidays. Did my 2nd test drive along with family before I made the booking. I drove in Eco mode for couple of mins before sales rep changed it to Sports wherein the behaviour changed suddenly. Power was amazing and the shifts were seamless without any hiccups or lag. Family was happy with the space and features. Sales Rep was pretty optimistic about a delivery by Dec end or Jan. If it's beyond Jan it should be 2020 model else a 2019 one, that's what the Sales Rep told. Personally I found the HUD helpful with the clear details. You can adjust position of details displayed in the HUD as per your liking. Ventilated seats seem to be quite effective after 5 mins when climate control was brought down to 20C though initially felt no impact. Overall very happy with the vehicle, the way it drives, handling and braking.
Old 28th October 2019, 00:03   #3642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Abrupt breakdown of CRDI Auto. Source YouTube.

Turns out it was an adulterated fuel problem after all.

Last edited by John : 28th October 2019 at 00:05.
John is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 00:20   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I have booked GTX+ DCT today at JSP Kia in Bangalore. Power was amazing and the shifts were seamless without any hiccups or lag. Family was happy with the space and features. Sales Rep was pretty optimistic about a delivery by Dec end or Jan. If it's beyond Jan it should be 2020 model else a 2019 one, that's what the Sales Rep told. Personally I found the HUD helpful with the clear details. You can adjust position of details displayed in the HUD as per your liking. Ventilated seats seem to be quite effective after 5 mins when climate control was brought down to 20C though initially felt no impact. Overall very happy with the vehicle, the way it drives, handling and braking.
Thanks for your message above, pms. It's good to see all the positive aspects.

I also booked a GTX+ DCT on 11 Oct in Chennai. Hope to have it delivered early next year.

Regards,

Vidyadhar
Old 28th October 2019, 01:31   #3644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutwij View Post
karan561 - Can you please summarize your experience so far from a powertrain perspective?
-How many kms done?
-Avg Fuel Economy?
-Powertrain feel in city & on highways?
-Any troubles with the DCT in Mumbai traffic so far?

Thanks.
Currently done about 750 kms.
FE is aprox 9.5 km/l in city (been mostly short 3-4 km runs almost daily)
Highway got 15.1 km/l from Vapi to Mumbai.
No trouble with the DCT. It's really unfortunate to hear about this issue, hope Kia India has already reached out to those troubled. But, Some people need to understand this issue may not be Kia specific but a general DCT trait which does tend to get heated up if stuck in long duration traffic.
In fact if the car has a transmission temp. gauge and if the transmission heats up too much in traffic and the car asks the driver to halt for a bit it may be in fact also a good thing so as to prevent further or long term damage to the transmission.
Driving style should be to shift back in to N / P during longer halts at signals / traffic.
This issue has been seen on other brands as well.
Unfortunately many people just reporting the issue without changing/ adapting the driving style & some opportunistic websites/youtubers unnecessarily making news as per their attention seeking traits.
Overall i think this is much ado about nothing.
Lets hope for the best though

Also i was out of country for about 10 days, just after taking delivery. Got back earlier this week, just before the Diwali weekend.
Will start working on the video review soon, looking forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
But how do you plan to keep these white seats clean especially in the hot humid climate.
I think will require timely detailing.

Last edited by karan561 : 28th October 2019 at 01:57.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 10:51   #3645
BHPian

The SA called and said he can deliver the GTX+ DCT in 1 week versus his earlier estimate of Nov end because mine was day 1 prebooking.

I told him I would take insurance on my own and he gave me a verbal quotation of ~$62k for Kia package and did not resist at all, just asked how much I have been offered outside.

Can knowledgeable members guide me on what seem to the offer prices for insurance from outside, especially in Bangalore, and which companies are you all going for? Any link to product page would be awesome!

Will be checking out insurance threads as well.

I also told him I would do PDI and he was little hesitant saying their stockyard is far and vehicle may look and feel different vs how it will be delivered but I was persistent so he said he would connect with the stockyard manager.

Any other advice - please shoot.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks