Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 09:16   #871
BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

Meanwhile Mahindra is going from strength to strength with the upcoming Scorpio getting added to their stable of capable SUVs.
Customers need to speak with their wallets. Only then will Maruti improve their existing products and offer options like the Jimny in India.
Old 29th May 2022, 20:39   #872
BANNED

Only for Jimny lovers... So much praise for the little car.

"Mobbed. Literally mobbed. I can’t remember a car creating so much interest in my time testing cars. Everyone wanted to chat about it, sit in it and be taken for a drive in it.

It stirred something in them powerful enough for them to breach their natural reservedness and approach me.

I couldn’t go anywhere and it is not surprising. Just look at it.

The word cute was made for it. It’s chunky, chiseled looks hark back to an older time in car design but yet still looks modern."

Source: https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/...uki-jimny.html
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 13:19   #873
BANNED

Again, for Jimny lovers...

Source: https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/202...on-comparison/

Quote:
The stripped back and basic Jimny, cheerily revving through all 75 of its well-needed kilowatts, will scrabble and jiggle up and over nearly any obstacle set before it. Sure there's no touch screen or heated seats and you have thirteen-fewer stereo speakers than in the Mercedes, but it will get you there with a grin from ear to ear.

It's a tit-for-tat race in terms of delivering on a brief, which both vehicles do with endless celebrity and charm. You could even park them next to each other at the coffee shop and split the interest of passers-by right down the middle.

The thing is, despite being outside the scope of our comparison, the fact you could have almost ten Jimnys for the price of the Benz is almost comical, and a little hard to ignore.

Securing either car will deliver on the brief, but the ever-lovable Jimny just can't seem to put a foot wrong when you throw any level of value into the mix.

So as much as we love a G, we'd be hard-pressed to go past a J. One in each colour. With change to spare.

Overall Ratings

2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G400 d Wagon: 8.1/ 10
2021 Suzuki Jimny Lite Hardtop: 7.8/ 10
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 12:02   #874
BHPian

3 years and infinite “teases” and speculations later, I think it would be a good idea to put my money somewhere else. I know for a fact that while I made a poll for selling my current lifestyle vehicle and getting the Thar, I would never think twice about getting the Jimny. This car has my heart, and I might have to relinquish my dreams. Sad to see MSIL catering to an enthusiasts market (why do I say that? thar’s sales) with espresso and lukewarm facelifts.
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 16:27   #875
BANNED

For Jimny lovers only:

Source: https://motor-fan.jp/mf/article/63154/

Quote:
Jimny, of course, has a negative side, such as slowness and quietness compared to ordinary passenger cars. But that's just a side-by-side comparison, and it's not at a level where you'll feel the pain when you get a Jimny, and you'll get used to it after a few days of riding. More than that, Jimny's sense of unity, openness, adventurousness, and companionship, which many other light passenger cars cannot have, were not hampered. It was only a week, but after spending a lot of time with him, I couldn't help but understand the feelings of a person who couldn't get away from Jimny once he got used to it. No matter which Spacia, N-BOX or Tanto you choose, you'll get most of the satisfaction. However, the Shiawase obtained from Jimny cannot be replaced with other cars. Jimny is truly classless and is a solitary car that cannot be compared with any other car. It may be a little exaggerated, but it is one of the treasures of Japanese cars.

Not sure for how long I am waiting for it to be launched here. Hope I can drive this generation of Jimny in India. If the "over-matured" think tanks at Maruti are yet to be convinced of its necessity in India, it's better Maruti ask them to quit the job and join a govt job.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th June 2022 at 16:56.
romeomidhun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 10:15   #876
BHPian

As a GRRM fan, I always kept tabs on any news that might signal him completing his books. I feel I’m chasing a ghost again, with dying hopes that the MSM keeps refuelling. This piece is similar to “George RR Martin walks in the same alley that leads to his typewriter”. Please Suzie, stop being so hard to get! I’m unable to move on to other purchases

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/92641901.cms
ubermensch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 17:53   #877
BHPian

Spy shots of Suzuki Jimny long wheelbase:

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-img_2022_07_06_17_46_11.jpeg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-img_2022_07_06_17_46_21.jpeg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-img_2022_07_06_17_46_31.jpeg
Vignesh Vee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:07   #878
BHPian

Jimny launch on the cards as per Mr. Shashank Srivastava, a senior executive director at Maruti Suzuki.

Source- Cartoq

Last edited by Emvi : 6th July 2022 at 18:11.
Emvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:24   #879
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

If this is true then many people will be really happy. But this is becoming a bit too much like the boy who cried wolf time and again.
I just can’t understand why it is so difficult for Maruti to open their eyes and see the truth in front of them. This Jimny will be an instant hit.
Anyway, until they launch it, I shall keep looking at my scale model Jimnys of different variants and shall enjoy driving my real Maruti Gypsy.
(The pictures here are ‘drool bait’ for all those who have eagerly been awaiting the launch of the Jimny with bated breath.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Jimny launch on the cards as per Mr. Shashank Srivastava, a senior executive director at Maruti Suzuki.

Source- Cartoq
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-a914afbcf1444dc6b93c14b3b863a593.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1ab9a9855f964ddd800ea851e8354a4e.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-e14eceb7e943494b8e50185df24d06cb.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-f89e8422d50a480d9937f0f654bff209.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-0a7b665c3efd41668096bbdadb5a6cdf.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-7a29bda508a14ce2b8a8b71230e5098e.jpeg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-3f72a8872a514533b05461991bfb5ec4.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:30   #880
BHPian

Is the 5 door Jimny going to be longer? By the picture alone, I feel that the 3 door one looks pretty cute, but 5 door not as much.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:45   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Jimny 5 door continues testing in Europe:

The prototype was photographed along the regular three-door Suzuki Jimny after Suzuki employees unloaded it from the back of a truck in a remote location.

Quote:
The five-door Jimny will most likely benefit from the addition of mild-hybrid technology, although Suzuki also has a full-hybrid system in its lineup
Quote:
claim that the naturally-aspirated 1.5-liter will be swapped for a mild-hybrid turbocharged engine, helping improve the performance credentials despite the extra weight.

The five-door Suzuki Jimny, rumored to get the “Long” moniker, is expected to debut sometime in late 2022 or early 2023. The model will likely arrive together with a facelifted version of the regular three-door Jimny, benefiting from the same mechanical updates in terms of electrification.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop2.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop8.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop4.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop19.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop13.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop7.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimny5doorsuvscoop6.jpg

Name:  suzukijimnylargo5puertasfotosespia2022882141657104136_6.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  76.8 KB

Quote:
Despite being fully covered in camouflage wrap, it is obvious that it comes with an extended wheelbase, extra windows at the back, and a set of rear doors. The front and rear ends of the model appear to be identical to the regular Jimny. The interior sports what appears to be a much larger infotainment touchscreen, alongside the unchanged analog dials and special equipment for evaluation purposes.
Quote:
suggest that the five-door Jimny will come with a 2,550 mm (100.4 inches) wheelbase, which is 300 mm (11.8 inches) longer than the three-door Jimny. The SUV is said to measure 3,850 mm (151.6 inches) long, with the other dimensions remaining unchanged. The stretched ladder-frame architecture and the extra bodywork will bring increased legroom for the rear passengers, and a more practical trunk, making it more suitable for a wider range of customers.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th July 2022 at 18:55.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:08   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If this is true then many people will be really happy. But this is becoming a bit too much like the boy who cried wolf time and again.
I just can’t understand why it is so difficult for Maruti to open their eyes and see the truth in front of them. This Jimny will be an instant hit.
Let's hope they finally launch it and not keep us waiting anymore, if they swap out the Jimny name and call it the Gypsy then that's essentially free marketing, add a soft top variant and the Military orders are gonna roll in like anything.

The LWB Jimny is going to use a Turbo charged mild hybrid, this is most likely going to be the 127hp 1.4L K14D Mild Hybrid seen in the EU/UK Swift Sport Hybrid as opposed to the 105HP K15B NA Petrol the Jimny uses now.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 6th July 2022 at 19:10.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:51   #883
Senior - BHPian

Honestly I love the looks of the 3 door Jimny but if the 5 door version came with a better engine i.e. turbocharged mild hybrid, then that would definitely be my pick.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 20:53   #884
BHPian

Wish Maruti Suzuki finally launches the Jimny here in India. I waited for long and ended up buying the Mahindra Thar.

In case I do end up needing a 5 door car, Thar 5 door would have been an obvious upgrade but after ScorpioN launch, I have my doubts on the 5 door Thar. Also that will be significantly expensive than my buying price of the 3 door Thar. So, a 5 door Jimny will be a pretty good option for me. I would be fine with non-hybrid 1.5 K15C and 6 speed AT on the 5 door Jimny. No DPF/DEF to worry and a proven product like the Jimny.

Early 2023 launch, and I would surely consider the 5 door Jimny. Come on MSIL, just launch the Jimny. Price it well and our SUV crazy guys will pick it up.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th July 2022 at 06:43. Reason: Typo and some formatting edits.
dr_TJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:55   #885
BHPian

The 5 door is unnecessary. Even the original Gypsy was a 2 door. The Jimny also is really surprisingly small in the flesh, much smaller than the Gypsy - which in India was the long-wheel base Jimny - it makes the proportions look awkward.

But here's hoping they do finally bring it here. In limited numbers maybe, but it would surely sell like hot cakes at a reasonable price.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks