Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 14:44   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hardcore 5-door Jimny concept is currently being readied by students from the Nihon Automotive Technology School (NATS) in Japan.
Jimny 5-door concept dubuts at 2022 Tokyo Auto Salon.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143723_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143732_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143742_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143751_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143808_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143816_instagram.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143825_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th January 2022 at 14:49.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 11:39   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jimny 5-door concept dubuts at 2022 Tokyo Auto Salon.
The NATS Jimny is called Kimun Kamui, which translates to Mountain God.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143732_instagram.jpg

Quote:
In order to fit an extra pair of doors, the ladder frame chassis of the Jimny was extended by 15.7 inches (400 mm), the body was cut in half and custom panels were added to fill in the gaps, alongside a tiny quarter window.
Quote:
the Jimny got several new components, these include a new suspension with a 6-inch (152 mm) body lift and a new set of Black Rhino Riot 17-inch beadlock wheels shod in chunky Toyo Open Country A/T tires.
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-smartselect_20220114143816_instagram.jpg

Quote:
Exterior features include an off-road bumper with an integrated winch, bolt-on wider fenders, a tubular protective frame all around the bodywork, a roof-mounted IPF light bar, plus a Feldon Shelter rooftop tent for camping trips.
Quote:
Under the bonnet, the 1.5-liter engine received a GReddy turbo kit, a new ECU tune, and an FV2 Blow Off Valve. As a result, the NATS Jimny produces 122 hp and 179 Nm, compared to the stock model’s 101 hp and 130 Nm.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:00   #813
BHPian

Call me mad but I want to drive that car

Name:  Screenshot mate.png
Views: 879
Size:  367.8 KB
Black_Star is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:24   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

World first Jimny "5 door" announced before its official debut, shown as the Mountain God at the Auto Salon 2022.

Quote:
ONE OF THE CARS THAT WAS ATTRACTING ATTENTION AT THIS "TOKYO AUTO SALON 2022" IS A FIVE-DOOR SPECIFICATION OF SUZUKI "JIMNY" WHERE THE OFFICIAL APPEARANCE IS AWAITED. WITH THE HANDS OF STUDENTS AIMING TO BE ENGINEERS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY, THE BODY IS EXTENDED BASED ON THE JIMNY SIERRA, REALIZING A FIVE-DOOR SYSTEM.
Quote:
based on the jimny sierra, the 400mm body is extended to five doors. in addition, as explained, "the strongest play car that can be selected by users of a wide layer!", we are pursuing the perfection as a custom car of jimny, such as a 6-inch body lift, a rooftop tent and large diameter tires and wheels.

we are also particular about audio. when i opened the back door, it was equipped with an audio system that mimicked Jimny's face, and it was a playful one.
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714293.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714299.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714298.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714292.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714291.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714290.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714288.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714287.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714286.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714285.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714284.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714283.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714281.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714289.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714280.jpg

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714296.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:53   #815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
World first Jimny "5 door" announced before its official debut, shown as the Mountain God at the Auto Salon 2022.
Too much overdone, IMO. I know this is for pure off-roading, but they could have shown an on-road-friendly version as well.

Hope Maruti is seeing this 5-door version and the success of Thar for some inspirations.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th January 2022 at 13:22.
Old 17th January 2022, 13:21   #816
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti should launch this as soon as possible in India as this has huge potential. Maruti should launch both - 3 door as well as 5 door versions. 3 door with 1.2 Liter Petrol engine and 5 door with 1.5 Liter Petrol Engine will be good. 3 door can be within 4 m in length so that they can get tax benefits as well and price is aggressively.

If this comes with 5 door version and all goodies, this will be my next car for sure. It will come at good price only as it's a Maruti Cheers !
Old 17th January 2022, 16:50   #817
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
It will come at good price only as it's a Maruti Cheers !
I would not be so sure about this. This is an enthusiast car and the obvious comparison would be the Thar which is bigger. With input costs going up and in general price hikes across the board, I do not see this "aggressively" priced except for maybe some introductory launch variant.
Old 17th January 2022, 17:19   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Too much overdone, IMO. I know this is for pure off-roading, but they could have shown an on-road-friendly version as well.

Hope Maruti is seeing this 5-door version and the success of Thar for some inspirations.
This is a project by a bunch of students in Tokyo Auto Salon, its a place where you have to go big or go home. If it was a normal auto expo then this kind of stuff would be jarring and cringe but not in Tokyo Auto Salon were automakers, parts makers, custom houses and students can come together and show what they can do.

This also allows auto makers to go wild with their concepts and show stuff that they wouldn't show in normal auto expo.

And BTW this is what they bought for 2020 Tokyo Auto Salon so they kinda have a expectation to live upto.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-imagenatsinsideadifferentkindofcollege164123142256414.jpg

P.S. This is hilarious

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-1714287.jpg

Last edited by Black_Star : 17th January 2022 at 17:28.
Black_Star is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 21:55   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The NATS Jimny is called Kimun Kamui, which translates to Mountain God.
Interesting part about this project is the turbo upgrade!

Quote:
Under the bonnet, the 1.5-liter engine received a GReddy turbo kit, a new ECU tune, and an FV2 Blow Off Valve. As a result, the NATS Jimny produces 122 hp and 179 Nm, compared to the stock model’s 101 hp and 130 Nm.
Hope 122 is wheel horsepower, sounds less otherwise.
Old 18th January 2022, 13:45   #820
BHPian

The Chinese GWM are developing yet another copycat. This time it's the Jimny. They have named it as the Tank 100. Although yet not fully confirmed, it's touted to get 200+ HPs.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-great-wall-tank-100.jpg

We've seen Mahindra doing a little bit of a Thawrangler. But come on, this is just plain xerox.

Source: https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...s-aim-at-super
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:06   #821
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to popular view, I honestly don't see why everyone is so excited about the Jimmy. you get a car with interiors off the ignis, engine from the ciaz and a cramped cabin. Sure it has 4x4 hardware, but that engine will really not do justice to the 4x4. There is no way this will be priced under 10 lakhs ex showroom by Maruti, and at that price point, the Thar is way way a better buy. my Thar cost me 16L OTR (Petrol AT) and that engine and GB combination alone is worth the price differential over the Jimny (if at all the Jimny is priced around 10-11 lakhs ex showroom). And I am not even bringing road presence and butch looks into the equation here!!
himanshugoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 18:18   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Contrary to popular view, I honestly don't see why everyone is so excited about the Jimmy. you get a car with interiors off the ignis, engine from the ciaz and a cramped cabin.
Isn't that exactly what everyone does to keep costs in check? Why would one expect a carmaker to develop all new parts for every car!?
Taking example of your Thar, just like the Jimny it also has a cramped cabin, engine shared with other Mahindra SUVs, interior bits picked from the TUV300 and exterior....well, from the Jeep Wrangler (Imagine how much mad money they saved just because they did not have to spend money on exterior design even a bit!)

Quote:
Sure it has 4x4 hardware, but that engine will really not do justice to the 4x4.
Well sir, if you scroll up in this thread or search Jimny v/s *Name of any offroad biggie* on YouTube, you will see how this little 1.5L not just does justice to the 4x4, but also stands strong in front of all those big V6s and V8s of the G63s, Range Rovers and Wranglers!

Quote:
There is no way this will be priced under 10 lakhs ex showroom by Maruti, and at that price point, the Thar is way way a better buy. my Thar cost me 16L OTR (Petrol AT) and that engine and GB combination alone is worth the price differential over the Jimny (if at all the Jimny is priced around 10-11 lakhs ex showroom). And I am not even bringing road presence and butch looks into the equation here!!
Have you experienced the Jimny? Or do you have any insider info which confirms that the Jimny would be priced higher than 11 lakhs ex-showroom? If not, we cannot declare the Thar to be a better purchase if we do not have confirmed data on the same!
The reliability and global offroad credentials of the Jimny alone are enough to consider the Jimny as a better product for the masses! And I am not even bringing the Thar's long waiting period, ruined brand image (personal opinion) and Jimny's peaceful ownership experience to the equation!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 18th January 2022 at 18:22.
theAutomaniac is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:28   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
The Chinese GWM are developing yet another copycat. This time it's the Jimny. They have named it as the Tank 100. Although yet not fully confirmed, it's touted to get 200+ HPs.
With a generous garnishing of Ford Bronco headlights albeit mirrored. What grinds my gears really though that they didn't even bother to change the alloy wheels ...at the least? That should have been the easiest "change"
Also amusing that it is from a rather well known and large manufacturer.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:38   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The Chinese GWM are developing yet another copycat. This time it's the Jimny.
Chinese + Jimny = Chimny. Apparently that's what they are going to name it

Quote:
We've seen Mahindra doing a little bit of a Thawrangler
Mahindra atleast had the license to produce a version of the Jeep CJ5 aka mm540.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:51   #825
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Contrary to popular view, I honestly don't see why everyone is so excited about the Jimmy. you get a car with interiors off the ignis, engine from the ciaz and a cramped cabin. Sure it has 4x4 hardware, but that engine will really not do justice to the 4x4. There is no way this will be priced under 10 lakhs ex showroom by Maruti, and at that price point, the Thar is way way a better buy. my Thar cost me 16L OTR (Petrol AT) and that engine and GB combination alone is worth the price differential over the Jimny (if at all the Jimny is priced around 10-11 lakhs ex showroom). And I am not even bringing road presence and butch looks into the equation here!!
From your post relevant bits are you own a thar and you like butch looks. That's all everyone needs to know.
Jimny isn't for you. Its for people who are into serious off roading or want a very reliable 4x4, which it's predecessor the Gypsy set a high bar.
So thousands of the gypsy owners and the army, airforce see something that you don't.

The Jimny takes all the lessons learnt from the first gen LJ, second gen SJ(gypsy), third gen jimny and Suzuki have given the 4th gen jimny with all the best bits from older generation and added modern safety stuff.
aim120 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks