Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 14:11   #1816
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Looks like someone spit paan masala on your car. Please do not start any registration formalities till you have done proper PDI on the day of delivery.
Learner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 14:34   #1817
BHPian

after registration process has started meaning you have paid registration fee , i don't
think you can do anything about it.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 14:55   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
At first glance most of these marks seem to be like some superficial oil or waxing stains. When I did my PDI there were many such stains. When we tried to remove them with our fingers or a cloth these stains came off.
You should take closer look at the rear door. sometimes paint gets chipped if door is opened with another vehicle or wall standing close to it.
Thanks Neeraj, I didn't see any paint chipping. But the stains were not going when I tried to remove them with fingers. Hence my worry.
Old 14th October 2021, 15:01   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Thanks Neeraj, I didn't see any paint chipping. But the stains were not going when I tried to remove them with fingers. Hence my worry.
you should urge the dealer to remove them in front of you and observe how they do it. Till then tell the dealer to not to initiate the registration process. no harm done until registration applied for.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 15:28   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Thanks Latheesh, any suggestions for the floor mat?
You can look for mats from the same brand GFX (Galio) as the boot mat shared by Latheesh. I got them for my Verna and fitting is good. Price ranges between 3-4K. Will post review on Premium mats thread soon.
yogiii is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:48   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I've ordered carpet mats from Elegant, total 5 pieces with Velcro attachment at the base, I will get them in a couple of days will let you know about the quality once I receive them, I also went for a similar boot mat from them, total cost 3.5k after 10% discount.
Received the mats today, the boot mat is a near perfect fit, the cuts don't perfectly align with the shape of the boot in a couple of spots, the quality is good similar to the Honda OEM carpet mat we got long back in our Uncle's Amaze which are still doing good. Incidentally the new mats have the same smell as the car interior

The floor mats come with velcro fasteners on the backside which stick to the carpet. All except the front passenger mat have the velcro fastener, not sure if that is a miss. I have sent a query to the person with whom I have been in touch on WhatsApp.

Here are some pics, apologies for the mud in the car, its raining here in Chennai and no matter what I did couldnt prevent mud from getting in
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20211016_1552591.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20211016_1555381.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20211016_1606131.jpg  

Last edited by indivic : 16th October 2021 at 17:51.
indivic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 19:16   #1822
BHPian

some pix of our New City with accessories installed:

1. Chrome elegance package consisting of Windows visors, windows chrome mouldings, front & rear bumper center chrome garnish
2. Door edge garnish

I think it adds just the right amount of bling - maybe a little over the top but I find City to be extremely handsome car deserving this bling!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211016_103514.jpg  

neeraj0272 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 20:55   #1823
BHPian

I am facing a problem with my new car.
While driving after I turn steering wheel to right even if by 5° or 10° and then turn it to center position there is a slight squeaking noise. This noise doesn't come when I turn steering towards left and then to center position. I am attaching a video showing this problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wCR...w?usp=drivesdk

Also it seems to me that steering wheel has a tendency to go to slightly to right side and if I deliberately keep it to center position while driving then car goes towards left.
I am thinking of going to service center tomorrow to have it checked.
What could be the problem?

Last edited by neeraj0272 : 16th October 2021 at 21:04.
Old 16th October 2021, 21:15   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I am facing a problem with my new car.
While driving after I turn steering wheel to right even if by 5° or 10° and then turn it to center position there is a slight squeaking noise.
I don't have a solution, but this seems to be an issue with few City. Saw the below video in YouTube few days back.

sreerknair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 19:09   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
I recently leased a Honda City VX CVT.

<snip>

My ideal car would have been a Creta, Harrier or Compass but the strict budget in place by employer ruled them out. There has to be some wisdom that the tax accountants at my company and the GOI used to come up with that number. In retrospect, in the absence of such a number I would have had a tough time determining my ceiling.

<snip>

Are there better cars in the market - absolutely yes.
Would I like to have one of those - may be.
Do I regret this car - absolutely no.
I am happy with the car - not like how most people here would be happy with a BMW, but like how an everyman would be happy after redoing his dated kitchen or bathroom at a reasonable price.
I have some updates and rather editing my original post, I thought I'd create a new one.

A week after I wrote this review, I got an exciting offer from my previous employer. After much deliberation, I accepted it. For the purposes of this forum, this changes the following -
1. Assumptions regarding leasing the car, a ceiling put on the price of the car and the promise of tax savings - all are invalidated.
2. My new employment will be a perpetual WFH arrangement, destining the car to be sparingly used.
Unrelated to this, I have spent close to two months including a ~800km round trip to Chennai and back.
With these, I will update my review thusly

1. The car swallows small and medium potholes admirably well, both at city speeds and on highways. Except the big ones where you have to slow down to avoid scraping the bottom.
2. I've done two tank fulls in the same city roads with the same driving pattern - one with eco mode on and the other without. Both produced ~10.5 kmpl. Pure highway produced ~18 kmpl. Mixed driving produced ~15 kmpl.
3. The famed 'rubber band effect' is quite noticeable in highways.
4. The rear of the car does get wobbly on undulating sections of the highway.
5. Bottom scraping - has happened twice in known roads, both in the front overhang.
6. My wife misses the command seating position of an SUV, but should be possible to find a good driving position.
7. The speed warnings - I am confused about these a bit. I hear a single beep when I drop speed from 100+ kmph to about 90 kmph. I am fairly certain I didn't go below 80 and climb up to 80+. Why am I hearing this?
8. Given the lease, 14 lakhs limit etc. not being in place anymore, do I like this car? - YES.
sramanat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:38   #1826
BHPian

The dealer at Axon honda has offered me 23k extra discount over the normal 20k company claimed discount and also free front parking sensors on the condition that I take insurance from them, they've quoted the company as "raheja" I've never heard of this company.
Are they taking me for a ride ? Please suggest!
Old 20th October 2021, 16:55   #1827

I am seriously considering the ZX CVT for self and family, and plan to conclude the purchase in next few weeks. I was almost sold on this vehicle, until i heard some feedback on cabin noise at high speeds. Can the members here please share their view on this matter.
animus_me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:11   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
The dealer at Axon honda has offered me 23k extra discount over the normal 20k company claimed discount and also free front parking sensors on the condition that I take insurance from them, they've quoted the company as "raheja" I've never heard of this company.
Are they taking me for a ride ? Please suggest!
As I told earlier I got 20k Honda company discount + 20k (including 5k Loyalty bonus) from the dealer. Both Ring Road Honda & Courtesy Honda offered same deal. So you are getting a much better deal.
My insurance is from Future Generali and I didn't press for any discount.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:57   #1829
BHPian

I wish to get Leatherette Seat Covers for my VX City as it is already getting soiled. In Kolkata went to a car accessories shop and he claims that all seat covers are Airbags friendly as it is just a moniker used by some to mint extra money. The fitting and collection was good and my friend already got the covers installed today. What is your suggestion?
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:15   #1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
I wish to get Leatherette Seat Covers for my VX City as it is already getting soiled. In Kolkata went to a car accessories shop and he claims that all seat covers are Airbags friendly as it is just a moniker used by some to mint extra money. The fitting and collection was good and my friend already got the covers installed today. What is your suggestion?
A better idea would be to get the seat covers by Honda since they have it as part of accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks