Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2014, 18:07   #556
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
I have recently re registered my car in Faridabad (earlier number was TN 07, registration plate given by dealer).

Now I have received a new number HR 29, how and where do I get the new High Security Number Plate. Should I ask a dealer help me get one or can I get one myself somewhere?
I have a “HR 29” registered Ecosport. Here is what you need to do.

1. Go to the RTO Office, 1st Floor (Ballabgarh) on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday with a copy of your vehicle RC.
2. He’ll print your vehicle details behind your copy of RC which you’ll have to take to the payment counter (Ground Floor) and submit the same there with a fee for the plates and the fitment.
3. You’ll get a receipt for the payment, the plates will reach the Fitment Shop (in Sector-11) in 10-15 days.
4. Just go there, hand over the slip and get the plates fitted.
Old 5th May 2014, 19:39   #557
BHPian

It's a tragedy of India that even a simple matter like standardising vehicle number plates seem to be such a monumental effort marked by corruption & sloth.

The only solution I see is the Supreme Court mandating that all vehicles without High Security Plates as invalid from, say, Jan 2015 & states have to start issuing them in abundance from June 2014.

The SC mandated sunscreen ban worked out quite well for the entire country, didn't it? If left to the states, this wouldn't be solved for another century.
Old 6th May 2014, 09:37   #558
BANNED

I will still say that forget HSRP but enforce plates with BIS certification. First casualty will be UP govt vehicles with plates in Devanagri with a big logo in the middle. The letters are also minuscule.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 09:57   #559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will still say that forget HSRP but enforce plates with BIS certification. First casualty will be UP govt vehicles with plates in Devanagri with a big logo in the middle. The letters are also minuscule.
Karnataka government vehicles too have plates in both Kannada and English, as well as some sort of "Government of Karnataka" line on top, all crammed into a standard-sized plate. I guess these standards are not applicable to the Government. (TN government vehicles don't seem to do this: they only have the letter G in the middle, as in TN01-G-1234, and the G is coloured red. But in any case I don't see why a government vehicle should be identified by its licence plate.)
Old 6th May 2014, 11:40   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Karnataka government vehicles too have plates in both Kannada and English, as well as some sort of "Government of Karnataka" line on top, all crammed into a standard-sized plate. I guess these standards are not applicable to the Government. (TN government vehicles don't seem to do this: they only have the letter G in the middle, as in TN01-G-1234, and the G is coloured red. But in any case I don't see why a government vehicle should be identified by its licence plate.)
And don't forget sundry 'Kannada Vedike' & local political party hooligans with their party symbols on the plates, trying to look as 'official' as possible.

Then there're bikers who have their number plates in Kannada script or some weird font from somewhere.

Of course, we don't compare anything to the plates the Maharashtrians seem to have on their vehicles...
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 09:36   #561
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Of course, we don't compare anything to the plates the Maharashtrians seem to have on their vehicles...
Thr MH govt went fouir times to the Hon High Court to permit number plates in Marathi/Devanagri and were rebuffed every time.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:44   #562
BANNED

Slightly OT perhaps. A very large number of the fake high-security plates here in Chennai have the "IND" and hologram on a blue backdrop, with twelve yellow stars around the hologram. In other words, it's a copy of these, with IND instead of the one or two letter country codes, and a hologram inside the star. Do we have a case of EU-envy, or do the users of these plates just not know what the twelve star logo is? (It used to be that Indians craving the West would put American flag stickers everywhere, but that is much less common these days...)
Old 30th May 2014, 10:47   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

HSRP update - For auto-rickshaws, trucks, tempos, tours and travel and all other commercial vehicles

Quote:
Regional Transport Office (RTO) has asked owners of auto-rickshaws, trucks, tempos, tours and travel and all other commercial vehicles plying in the Diamond City to update their vehicle records for High Security Registration Plates (HSRPs) by June 10
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-city/35765096
Old 21st June 2014, 11:13   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

So, still no updates on the HSRP. It might take another 2-3 decades to get it standardized. Or you never know that when you spend to get those plates, the Govt. brings in another kind of licence plates. And things for us come back to square one.

BTW, anyone noticed the drop in quality of these number plates? I often see vehicles with the black numbers embossed getting faded to white and making the plate illegible. Beats the entire purpose I think.
Old 21st June 2014, 14:45   #565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
So, still no updates on the HSRP. It might take another 2-3 decades to get it standardized. Or you never know that when you spend to get those plates, the Govt. brings in another kind of licence plates. And things for us come back to square one.

Many here have spent a lot in installing HSRP and now, new state formed, throw the old number + plates and pay up again for new ones.

The Telangana RTO is thinking to make HSRP standard since the registrations are starting afresh.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 17:10   #566
BHPian

Hello... I recently bought a brand new volkswagen vento and wanted an IND number plate for it I checked at the shop I bought the seat covers from and they said that the plates had been banned!! I checked at another shop also and was given the same response can someone shed some light on this matter ? Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 04:47   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Many here have spent a lot in installing HSRP and now, new state formed, throw the old number + plates and pay up again for new ones.

The Telangana RTO is thinking to make HSRP standard since the registrations are starting afresh.

Anurag.
After bifurcation, I have never seen any TS registered vehicle with High Security Number plates.

I think it would take some more time for the Telangana RTO to implement it.
Old 11th July 2014, 07:10   #568
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post

After bifurcation, I have never seen any TS registered vehicle with High Security Number plates.

I think it would take some more time for the Telangana RTO to implement it.
I have seen many cars, bikes and trucks registered with the new series i.e. TS 07, TS 08 with EB series for cars + bikes and trucks with TS 09 UA series.

All the new vehicles are getting the TS series but older ones have been put on hold. No decision has come from the government on this issue. Let's see how things pan out for us.

Anurag.
Old 11th July 2014, 09:15   #569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hello... I recently bought a brand new volkswagen vento and wanted an IND number plate for it I checked at the shop I bought the seat covers from and they said that the plates had been banned!! I checked at another shop also and was given the same response can someone shed some light on this matter ? Thanks
The high-security plates are supposed to be obtained from the RTO directly. If you buy it from a local shop, it's a fake. I think banning fakes is a good idea, though I'm surprised they're actually doing it
Old 11th July 2014, 09:57   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Indeed they are banned aftermarket. You have got to apply for these at the RTO. These come with a sticker that has to be pasted on the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
The high-security plates are supposed to be obtained from the RTO directly. If you buy it from a local shop, it's a fake. I think banning fakes is a good idea, though I'm surprised they're actually doing it
The difference is, instead of targeting the motorists they are after the makers of these - the source. That's why the ban seems much more effective in this case as compared to the other 'fancy' plates.

Here is a sample news - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/30864818.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks