Old 9th September 2021, 15:29   #136
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Hope this helps
STUNNING!! So tempting.
Thank you for sharing these.

All the best and congratulations on your new purchase.
jaskiratarora15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 21:58   #137
BHPian

Got this beauty home today

The ride is SUPER plush. Very impressed with the way it handles potholes, expansion joints and road undulations. Engine is super responsive too.

Only chink in an otherwise brilliant armour seems to be the low ground clearance. Got to be really slow and careful with a full load.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img20210910wa0008.jpg  

ostreichwein is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 23:06   #138
BHPian

Hearty congratulations to both of you on getting home these beautiful and very desirable cars. Loved the colors both exterior and interior.

My first post and why did i chose only this thread. Long post ahead.

Oh yes! It's been some months searching an replacement for my car. The closest that i got was cutting a cheque for Volkswagen Tiguan All Space and this was the very last piece in red color at Volkswagen Mody dealership hyderabad. Price was fantastic. Thanks to this forum and the insight into the prices around March-April time frame this year that meant i could push hard on negotiations. As fate would have a buyer from Mumbai agreed to buy a higher price and the vehicle was shipped from Hyderabad to Mumbai by the dealership. Felt dejected, no hard feeling it's business dealership got a better price.

Citroen C5 and Skoda Octavia 2021 positioning and pricing meant search needs to continue. BMW X1 was also considered, but with current insane pricing and hardly any discounts, didn't entice me any further.

Once the recent deal prices started to reflect on the forum around 39L OTR Mumbai, this let out the cat in the pigeons nest. Suddenly i started dreaming of those 4 circles and mustered the courage to step into the dealership on the weekend.

It was a quite weekend evening and couple of hours short of closing. I got myself at the door of the Hyderabad dealership. A white color technology variant was on display and the sales advisor was already chatting with another potential customer very close by to display vehicle. I overheard the conversations the customer saying the price is high and doesn't match what he has seen lately on internet. There you go one more lad who saw the post on the forum. He parted away saying will wait till Diwali for offers.

By now i was sure that Mumbai prices weren't possible, still wasn't going to let my spirit down and started having conversation with sale advisor. After a while slowly pitched the very important question 'What are the offers' and usual tone of sales advisor there is no such offer in particular we have tailor make for an individual. Conversation went further i had to wait patiently to see where it goes from there and one point the sales advisor gets back sir there is strong rumor on the internet that at 39L price point A4 is sold. He get his mobile further and shows a messages on what's app so many customers asking the same. I was smiling and thinking if all potential customers can just negotiate together as a group deal.

Tried to get sales advisor around to see if he accepts that 30L OTR is really possible by stating it could be a deal that was offered around that period by the specific dealership. He was in no mood to accept it. I knew from that point there was no point beating around bush.

I was about to leave and just in the nick of moment the sales advisor says why not A6. Ahh there you go classic sales man upselling the product. Mind said no let's chuck it, heart said otherwise, so the middle path opted was check A6 but skip test drive.

I was parting with customary good bye to the sales advisor and suddenly there comes another lad who seemed in a hurry as if he was about to miss something very important asking in a loud tone, dude do you have A4 on display. I am sure that guy also saw the discounted mumbai price here and rushed. I had a grin on my face.

When Manson posted the picture of the car, i shared it with the sales advisor saying here is the proof that yes A4 premium plus variant at 39L OTR. Swipe comes back the reply 100% challenge it is not possible. Might be only TR sir not the full road tax. Few more exchanges went again nothing fruitful was about to come out of it.

During this period between showroom visit and manson posting pictures of new ride, i also happen to reach out to Audi Mumbai west. On harm in trying to check if the same deal was possible, the sales advisor said that deal was no more offered in September.

My limited understanding on prices based on thread is that discount varies between Category A and Category B dealer.

1) How does one know that their city dealership is category A or B?

2) Is it possible that only certain dealership get's to offer such fantastic deals.

3) What other factors are in play here. Example: dealer inventory?

In this whole saga i missed mentioning the following.

Sales advisor: we usually don't get these many walk-in. From past couple of days lot of folks are thronging the showroom.

Audi need to thank both of you for getting lot of folks step in to their showrooms.

Now the bug has bitten, what is the path ahead?

Waiting to see on how BH registration norms pan out. Will this allow us to get a vehicle from other state dealerships? Light at the end of tunnel is possible? Time will tell the remaining story.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th September 2021 at 10:29. Reason: Typo.
CircleOfLife is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 18:06   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Got this beauty home today
Congratulations on your new car, we spotted you on your way out of the showroom lane when we were going to fetch ours
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-inkedimg_20210910_135320_li.jpg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-inkedimg_20210910_141338_li.jpg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_20210912_194901.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Now the bug has bitten, what is the path ahead?
I'd highly recommend taking a proper test drive and being sure if you really like the car. Once you are certain this is what you really want to get wait it out for a few weeks for a reasonably priced offer to come your way. Listed prices on premium cars are usually rubbish and buying a car only for a deep discount would be quite pointless as the sheen of the badge weens off quite quickly

The 2021 A4 has almost always been available at 42 & 45 lacs OTR Mumbai for the Premium Plus & Technology variants respectively. Heck those were the prices I was offered even a week before we booked the car. Back in March this year I was offered the A4 for 39 Lacs but I really wanted to wait it out to see what Skoda does with the Octavia. This time around too I was able to close the booking at 39 OTR Mumbai with both the Mumbai dealers over the phone, but maybe if I had haggled hard enough I could have gotten another 50-100K further discount.

Last edited by manson : 13th September 2021 at 19:00.
manson is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 19:29   #140
BHPian

Quote:

I'd highly recommend taking a proper test drive and being sure if you really like the car. One you are certain this is what you really want to get wait it out for a few weeks for a reasonably priced offer to come your way. Listed prices on premium cars are usually rubbish and buying a car for a deep discount would be quite pointless as the sheen of the badge weens off quite quickly
Spot on. It wasn’t the badge but the price and a better value offering at the price point.

Octavia was my first choice for current replacement. Pricing dampened spirits and the hunt was on.

It’s always been a Volkswagen in the garage for past decade hence an inclination to get one from same group.

As long as it’s that 2.0 ltr engine + DSG it is in short list. Now back up option is adding the 1.5 + DSG. Yes the search is all over the map.

Now why A4? I had seen and test drive Technology variant at end of March this year. Exactly same color combination Blue + mocha brown interior. Though liked it very much it was just out of budget.

Hyderabad consider the flowing pricing for Octavia and Superb.

Octavia L&K nearly 35L add insurance +warranty + maintenance package. Even with some corporate discount etc max is 36L OTR.

Step up to superb L&K: Few discounts and haggling 42L OTR.

Personally for me a car needs to connects but also had to justify the price I would like to put on table.

Octavia felt like mini superb and pricing is way off.

Superb L&K at current price felt expensive. Didn’t want the sportsline variant. All black interior for me felt claustrophobic. Again it’s personnel.

I was already streching budget from initial 30 to 40. Hyderabad dealers didn’t offer much discounts.

Now an A4 which is better put together, as a package at 39L OTR was no brainier.

Yes it’s not as good to drive vs BMW 330i, but at that budget of 40 OTR A4 holds good. One can’t get it all.

Albeit no such offers or luck in the city of 4 minars.
CircleOfLife is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:21   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spot on. It wasn’t the badge but the price and a better value offering at the price point.
Ditto for us. The difference in price to the Octavia seems like money well spent.

Quote:
Octavia was my first choice for current replacement. Pricing dampened spirits and the hunt was on.
Around the time we booked the A4 we were offered 1.5 lacs and 4 lacs discount for the Octavia and Superb respectively. If you do not mind waiting it out a little more I'd expect deeper discounts on both cars towards end of the year.

Quote:
Yes the search is all over the map.
That is always the case when buying something more for want and not need. To give you an idea, the other new cars I seriously considered were the Polo TSI, Verna CRDI, Harrier, Octavia and Superb.

Quote:
Now an A4 which is better put together, as a package at 39L OTR was no brainier.

Albeit no such offers or luck in the city of 4 minars.
Just curious, what is the on road price for the Premium Plus after discount in Hyderabad.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 14:24   #142
BHPian

This is my first post on Team-Bhp.

I have been an admirer of this forum since almost a decade, however my membership request was rejected several time in past. Finally I made it. I am thankful to this forum and all the members who keep updating latest information. It was only because of the forum and member 'MANSON' that I could get my new set of wheels in April 2021.

I test drove almost all the available options
Superb/ Camry/ 330i/ C class/ Passat/ XE and off course A4.

What I was looking at was a comfortable ride which very few European cars offer, my family being used to Japanese suspension setup which is comfort oriented. Everyone was used to plush ride of our Altis.

Superb: Ticked all boxes and acceptable Suspension.
Camry: Very Practical, Spacious, Super comfortable Suspension even the those 18 inch wheels. Only negative was the Price tag and waiting period.
330i Sports: Good performance, Cramped, poor boot space, stiff suspension
C Class : Most dated of the class but still looks good, Boot space is a big joke with the Space saver kept on top, many Hatchback will accommodate more luggage. I didn't want a car which is due for a facelift soon.
Passat: Spacious Vehicle, interiors were bland , good discounts were available as it was expected that vehicle will be discontinued.
XE Good suspension and performance but scary Service & maintenance.

Finally the A4 after reading about the deals and review I decided to test drive it. The car had a Huge boot which was sufficient for weekend drive or Airport Pick up/ drop. The cabin felt good and modern with top notch fit and finish. Interior Space was adequate.

The drive was good with adequate power, one could barely hear the engine running. Engine was surely very refined and came with a mild hybrid setup and regenerative braking. This made it frugal. The cabin was very silent with good NVH levels. The suspension was very comfortable unlike the other German rivals, just right for Mumbai potholes. The only negative was it looked very similar to the previous generation A4.

Finer points which help me choose the A4 Premium plus variant:
Only thing I really miss in the P+ version is Live Cockpit. Other features which didn't matter much to me were Memory seats , Park Assist, Keyless entry, Sensor based boot opening and some exterior chrome trims. These feature would cost me additional 5 Lacs.

Unlike BMW & Mercedes the Audi didn't cut down on many important features like Ambient Light, Android auto/Carplay, 10 Speaker Sound system, 10 " Touch screen. If these features were cut, it would have been a turn off. In addition to this I loved the alloys on the P+ model and didn't like the 5 spoke alloys on Technology variant, the interior trim on the P+ with Aluminum insert looked better than the Piano black on the higher variant.

It was the Price tag posted by 'Manson' that pulled me to the showroom. However, Audi South dealer was very unprofessional and backed off at the last moment giving some false stories, they kept me hanging for 10 days and later increased the price for same vehicle which was in stock.

The decision to buy the vehicle was already taken irrespective of the price and I couldn't wait any longer to bring this beauty home. As the A4 ticked all the boxes for me, I decided to pay a higher price and sealed the deal with Audi West. It was really a pleasure dealing with them as they have a very friendly and helpful attitude.
Here is My baby

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20210919-2.10.20-pm.jpeg
Navarra Blue with Okapi Brown interiors seems to be the choice of Bhpian's.

I was wondering why Audi's sales performance is worst among its rivals.
*No Diesel engine option.
*The previous model of A4, Audi had experimented with an underpowered engine.
*Currently Audi has very limited models to offer and in todays growing SUV market, it has no entry level SUV like Q3 (Q2 being too small does not have much demand)

Mods Kindly excuse me in case I have broken any rules.
goenkakushal is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 07:39   #143
BHPian

Hey Manson and ostreichwein,

Could you please quote the ex showroom price offered on your cars? Also can you confirm whether these kinds of discounts will be available in december?Asked these questions, Considering that BH registration will hopefully be available in december and a few more lacks may be shaved off the a4 price using this. Answers to these queries will be very much appreciated
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:51   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post

Could you please quote the ex showroom price offered on your cars? Also can you confirm whether these kinds of discounts will be available in december?Asked these questions, Considering that BH registration will hopefully be available in december and a few more lacks may be shaved off the a4 price using this. Answers to these queries will be very much appreciated
The discount quoted are generally on the OTR price as the dealer adjusts his margin for Insurance, RTO registration, Handling charges etc.

If you take delivery Ex showroom basis the discount will be considerably low.
If OTR discount is 10 Lacs, Ex showroom discount may be around 7 lacs only.

Discounts depends sales targets and inventory pressure. However, good discounts can be expected if the dealer is holding inventory in December, as he would want to get rid of all inventory before 2022.

It would be interesting to know if dealership has any more buffer left.
goenkakushal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:50   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Discounts are on OTR price and not the ex-showroom price of 43.xx lacs for the PP variant.

Yes, as previously posted, it all depends on stock availability and other impending launches (A3, Q3). The A3 will have to be priced below the A4, so I really don't think that such lucrative offers on the A4 will continue post the A3 launch. IMO, the best time to get your hands on an A4 is right now.
ostreichwein is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:41   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
This is my first post on Team-Bhp.
Great to see you here Kushal, and thanks a ton again with your positive feedback on the A4 and the Audi West dealership.

Quote:
Could you please quote the ex showroom price offered on your cars?
The discount was calculated on the on road prices as dealerships have fat markups on the registration and insurance charges.

Btw, the actual discount provided on the car is 9 odd lacs, and a gross 48% on that 9 lacs discount, i.e. 4,32,000/- (28% GST + 20% Cess) is a deemed discount. The showroom charged us about a lac extra on the insurance and another 75K on the registration charges, so the net actual discount is 7.5 lacs v/s the 13-14 lacs what it may seem to be.

Quote:
Also can you confirm whether these kinds of discounts will be available in december?
This price was briefly available which is when Kushal got in touch with Audi South in March end, but they ended up retracting the offer which is why Kushal ended up purchasing his car from Audi West.

After the tiny spurt in discounted sales last/this month its not like the A4 or A6 are selling in big volumes. I would personally expect the prices to be around 50K here or there as well in December end. Besides after this thread I doubt Audi will be able to sell the A4 Premium Plus in India to anyone whose done their homework for over 40 lacs.

All said and done, the A4/3 Series/C Class are all 35-40 Lac cars being priced well above their worth. With the upcoming C Class this segment will move to the next step, i.e. 60 Lacs in a year or two. Thanks to low sales a bunch of us have been able to lap up the A4 around what it is probably worth at best in my books, 40 lacs.
manson is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:55   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Besides after this thread I doubt Audi will be able to sell the A4 Premium Plus in India to anyone whose done their homework for over 40 lacs.
Seriously I never thought about the damage.

Audi will be happy they got few customers because of this thread but they would be definitely be annoyed for setting price expectation of their prospective customers super low.
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:32   #148
BHPian

Audi Kolkata is offering INR 6.5L discount on ex-showroom price of tech variant if you invoice it this month. On-road with 5 year tax is 46.46. 90k handling charges and 1.3L Audi insurance.
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:22   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
Audi Kolkata is offering INR 6.5L discount on ex-showroom price of tech variant if you invoice it this month. On-road with 5 year tax is 46.46. 90k handling charges and 1.3L Audi insurance.
What about the Premium Plus variant? What is the OTR being quoted?
Old 24th September 2021, 11:06   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Besides after this thread I doubt Audi will be able to sell the A4 Premium Plus in India to anyone whose done their homework for over 40 lacs.
Spot-on!
After I enquired casually with the a Sales rep at Pune Audi, he said to me:
"Sir, if you are referring to some online discussion on social media (I think he wanted to say Team-BHP ), please refrain from quoting that. We do not speculate on such discussions. Our commercial quotations are customized for every customer and has to go through a thorough approval process with Audi India".

Guess, this thread has DEFINITELY caught the attention of all: prospective customers and Audi dealers, alike
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks