Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 01:35   #151
BHPian

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Autocar India has posted a reel of the new SUV in action.
Link-: https://www.instagram.com/p/Co302oLg0dE/

Looks to have a good road presence. With it being 4.2-4.3m in length, hope it has a better stance than the VW/Skoda twins which look more like elongated hatchbacks than SUVs.
kronos596 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 09:49   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Or second generation BR-V
Attachment 2420798
It’ll likely be the 2nd gen BR-V. Honda simply cannot price the HR-V at competitive price in India, benchmarking its international price. The HR-V is truly a world car that sits in the same price bracket as Compass and even Tucson.

The BR-V is a south east asia car that is aimed at developing markets. If it’s BR-V, I hope Honda at least changes the Amaze based interiors to at least City based interior.

PS: I hope I am wrong and Honda launches HR-V, even if at slight premium over existing crop of crossovers. I think market is ready to pay a bit more for world class products.
Old 21st February 2023, 10:21   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
It’ll likely be the 2nd gen BR-V. Honda simply cannot price the HR-V at competitive price in India, benchmarking its international price. The HR-V is truly a world car that sits in the same price bracket as Compass and even Tucson.

The BR-V is a south east asia car that is aimed at developing markets. If it’s BR-V, I hope Honda at least changes the Amaze based interiors to at least City based interior.
BR-V failed for a reason and if the underlying reasons (engine, pricing and interior?) arent fixed then Honda probably deserves what would follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
PS: I hope I am wrong and Honda launches HR-V, even if at slight premium over existing crop of crossovers. I think market is ready to pay a bit more for world class products.
Amen! The current wait times across all vendors indicate there is surge in interest and actual demand for HR-V like SUV even at a "Honda Premium" pricing.
PragRunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:43   #154
BHPian

I have a feeling this will be an Amaze based couple like SUV packed with features resembling the ASEAN HR-V both inside and outside and named HR-V for the Indian market. The successful Seltos formula.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:05   #155
BHPian

This is Honda Elevate. Successor to the BR-V.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:44   #156
BHPian

Curious car ! So its not matching with any of the existing products of Honda.
Its not BRV / WRV / HRV / CRV /ZRV / PROLOGUE. Looks like it's a new product with HRV/PROLOGUE cues.
Honda India really needs a new sub 4M , 4M+ and one MPV under 18Lakhs for survival of the dealers.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:55   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
I have a feeling this will be an Amaze based couple like SUV packed with features resembling the ASEAN HR-V both inside and outside and named HR-V for the Indian market.
They claim it is an "all-new SUV" so giving it an existing name would be ironic, and seeing how all the xR-Vs have largely been flops in India, Elevate seems like a very likely name. They could make a 'localised' HR-V and rename it Elevate (like the VW T-Cross was renamed Taigun), but the spy shots don't really resemble the (ASEAN/Euro) HR-V.

Personally I don't think trying to figure out which existing Honda this is (or will resemble) is worth it, because there are too many clues that this is a new India/Africa-only product, like the Amaze. Guess we'll have to rely on industry scoops and spy shots going forward.

Last edited by ron178 : 21st February 2023 at 16:57.
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:11   #158
BHPian

It looks interesting but I would not like to keep high hopes on Honda as everytime I have high hopes from the company they always prove me wrong and dissapoint. Let's see if it proves everyone wrong.
Old 26th February 2023, 08:46   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's SUV spied in Dharamshala, HP.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-333166444_1659808787789233_1290547798583948836_n.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th February 2023 at 08:49.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:24   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's new SUV to get sunroof.

Yachiyo to localise sunroof on Honda’s upcoming midsize SUV for India.

Quote:
Japanese sunroof systems supplier, whose facility is located near Honda Cars India’s Tapukara plant in Rajasthan, will augment its manufacturing capabilities to develop a cost-efficient sunroof for Honda's new SUV.
- Is likely to be introduced around Q2 FY2024 (July-September 2023)

- Honda eyeing annual sales of 75,000 units of new SUV

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2023 at 09:27.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 10:18   #161

Autocar India has showcased the render of the new Compact SUV by Honda in their latest March 2023 issue. From what I have seen in the past their renders are quite close to the real outcome, case in point the Grand Vitara and Hyryder.

Link below
https://www.autocarindia.com/stories...ue-out-now-443
ALT+Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:46   #162

Attaching the image as I missed it in the last post. Though the car front seems bold and big due to the grill, I feel the overall dimensions are closer to the German twins instead of the Koreans.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-698b4443027d4737b2d74605860506bb.jpeg  

ALT+Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:51   #163
BHPian

So we can expect a baby CRV/ Pilot 2023 as new Honda? hope they also pack it with US cued interiors too.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-wheelsfirstlooktheattentiontodetailsinthe2023honda_avcarop.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-eb8dafd0d111f27ae4a01eaca543eedc77f1387c.jpg
Old 10th March 2023, 19:14   #164
BHPian

Classic example of the Jap's disdain for the Indian market ... Both Honda and Toyota run their business on the legendary Jap reliability not realising that even Skoda (no disrespect meant to owners), a brand that prides itself on beating the Germans to the flatbed, now has products that are quite reliable and more importantly backed by superior warranties that put the mind to ease. Cheap to maintain is another con given the huge premium that you pay upfront for the cars. Their inability / refusal to get the hybrids earlier to market has ensured a new crop of EVs that already rule the roost.
Honda has waited for far too long to get into a crowded space dominated by the Koreans and while more competition is quite welcome, I have full faith in Honda to screw it up by going with premium pricing or barebones interior that will ensure that dealers continue to languish and Honda will continue to laugh their way to the bank on the back of the City
INNOVATOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 14:33   #165
BHPian

Just had a word with one of the dealers in Honda and they confirmed that the SUV will not arrive before Diwali 2023. Also, currently no pre- booking also expected.

Its a bummer that they are taking 6 more months before this car reaches the users. One more thing confirmed is that Hybrid will be a part of the lineup.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks