Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 10:30   #931
BHPian

Friend of mine bought a Fabia from Tafe Bangalore. He said they were very nice to him till he bought the car. After that they were not interested him anymore. He changed to Vinayak Skoda after a few services. He is now happy.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:15   #932
BHPian

14th June Court update

Next date - 26th August
Old 15th June 2010, 14:10   #933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Friend of mine bought a Fabia from Tafe Bangalore. He said they were very nice to him till he bought the car. After that they were not interested him anymore. He changed to Vinayak Skoda after a few services. He is now happy.
A colleague of mine requested a Fabia for a test drive. Tafe brought a brand new Fabia with even the protective vinyl on the roof intact. Felt sorry for the person who would be getting this car, expecting it to be in pristine condition.

Needless to say, i managed to convince my colleague into not buying it.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:59   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Tafe brought a brand new Fabia with even the protective vinyl on the roof intact. Felt sorry for the person who would be getting this car, expecting it to be in pristine condition.
Does this mean that TAFE would tamper with the odometer to make the car appear as unused? Disgusting.
Old 15th June 2010, 18:13   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you never been on a test drive and seen that the speedometer was not working? They don't so much "tamper" with it, as disconnect it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Friend of mine bought a Fabia from Tafe Bangalore. He said they were very nice to him till he bought the car. After that they were not interested him anymore...
Don't these people know anything about the rules of good salesmanship? Where do they think your friend will buy his next car. If the individual salesman can't give a damn, because that sale won't be on his target, that should be a disciplinary matter. Seriously. Heck... I'm such an easy-going person, but I really think that, if I was to wake up with a job in retail management in some of these places, my employees would hate me. I like to think the company would benefit, though.
Old 16th June 2010, 01:34   #936
BHPian

Friend's Superb came back from first service with the driver seat dirty with oil/grease spots. He called up Aurangabad who referenced him back to service center - on the bright side, they did own up and corrected their mistake. I am not a Skoda owner but would like to know - are these "horror stories" limited to 3rd party authorized service centers or include company owned service centers? Does Skoda have their own service centers?
Old 16th June 2010, 09:57   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Have you never been on a test drive and seen that the speedometer was not working? They don't so much "tamper" with it, as disconnect it!
Hmmm. Last time I test drove was a Hyundai 5+ years back. The TD car had roughly 10K kms on odo with speedo working normally. I guess we are going OT.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:12   #938
BANNED

@sbraj: Found the same problem in my Hyundai Accent TD eight years ago. When I picked up my Santro AT five years ago, found the cable disconnected. Also, when I took a TD of the Honda Civic in March found the speedo disconnected, engine light on, but the odo was counting. I was told that this was because the pre-delivery had not been done.

With a test car with 10k on the odo there was no need to disconnect the cable!
Old 16th June 2010, 10:41   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Friend's Superb came back from first service with the driver seat dirty with oil/grease spots. He called up Aurangabad who referenced him back to service center - on the bright side, they did own up and corrected their mistake. I am not a Skoda owner but would like to know - are these "horror stories" limited to 3rd party authorized service centers or include company owned service centers? Does Skoda have their own service centers?
I dont think there is something called as 'company owned service centers'.

1, Service centers are with dealers &
2, Authorized service centers.

Betw:Skoda does not entertain more of Authorized service centers, one of the authorized service center in Mumbai was terminated by Skoda because he detected a counterfeit part which was installed by the dealer and reported the same to the owner of the car.
Old 17th June 2010, 03:22   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

Betw:Skoda does not entertain more of Authorized service centers, one of the authorized service center in Mumbai was terminated by Skoda because he detected a counterfeit part which was installed by the dealer and reported the same to the owner of the car.
I take my Linea to a Tata-Fiat owned service center. I figure that if it is owned by the company itself - it tends to be a safe bet.
Old 17th June 2010, 05:14   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
A colleague of mine requested a Fabia for a test drive. Tafe brought a brand new Fabia with even the protective vinyl on the roof intact. Felt sorry for the person who would be getting this car, expecting it to be in pristine condition.

Needless to say, i managed to convince my colleague into not buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@sbraj: Found the same problem in my Hyundai Accent TD eight years ago. When I picked up my Santro AT five years ago, found the cable disconnected. Also, when I took a TD of the Honda Civic in March found the speedo disconnected, engine light on, but the odo was counting.
I would say that almost all dealers do this. That doesn't make it right but I think the consumer needs to be informed enough to know what is the right thing to do.

The right thing, in my opinion, is to never buy the car from the stockyard. For such a major purchase, like an automobile, one should have enough time to wait for the car to arrive from the factory. So, talk to the dealer, ask him when he is getting the next lot, make sure that the dealer shares the chassis number assigned from the factory (that you can cross check with a visit to the stockyard) for your vehicle.

Might be too impractical for many people, but I have done this, and it isn't too much of a bother.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:09   #942
BHPian

An authorized center is a "franchisee" - they need to pay the company to get the "authorized" name. Their service personnel get authorized training etc.

They are NOT company owned. A company may choose not to grant multiple franchisees in an area, which results in the single franchisee being assumed as the "official company" service center.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:23   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

check on google about "Hyundai Motor Plaza" , sales showroom and service centers directly controlled by the company.

Harish: thats sad, why was the adjournment to the next date ? Skoda lawyers absent ?
Old 17th June 2010, 14:47   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
check on google about "Hyundai Motor Plaza" , sales showroom and service centers directly controlled by the company.
We were talking about Superb, not Sonata.
I am not aware if there are any service centers directly controlled by the company.(I mean Skoda owned)

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 17th June 2010 at 14:48. Reason: Comments
Old 18th June 2010, 15:40   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We were talking about Superb, not Sonata.
I am not aware if there are any service centers directly controlled by the company.(I mean Skoda owned)
So there is a thing called 'company owned service centers', however for Skoda it is not sure if it is there for India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks