Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 11:21   #1426
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Wish you all the best Harish in your fight. I have been following this thread for the last year or so. Indian judiciary takes its own time. Probably the results dont even matter when they come but it still makes a difference to those who fought for it.
I sincerely hope you get a some ruling on the case as early as possible. And I on my part have prevented atleast 3 genuine buyers from getting a Skoda.
Keep fighting.
Old 8th November 2012, 17:14   #1427
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

I am watching this thread since last 2 years but spoke nothing because of little knowledge of law.
Now the situation is like ‘justice delayed is justice denied’. Car is defiantly ruined in 4 years. Agency is closed. It is beyond imagination that what type of decision will court give?
And in a consumer court, FOUR YEARS for justice?

Last edited by (Alok) : 8th November 2012 at 17:17.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:18   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Your perseverance will pay in the end. Just hang in there and you're gonna see it through.
Thanx buddy. I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Good luck, Harish.
Thanx. Need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Keep fighting.
Nothing much I can do at this stage except be a mute spectator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
And in a consumer court, FOUR YEARS for justice?
Besides losing Rs. 20,00,000/- already and still counting. ( cost of car, unwarranted repairs, bank interest on loan without being able to use the car, legal costs etc.)

Haven't calculated priceless time, energy, neglect of work and stress costs.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:40   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
can somebody tell me what does the green light at the left bottom of my post signify?
Harish..that shows you are online now and members can chat with you directly.
reg
turbo car
Old 26th November 2012, 14:13   #1430
BHPian

With due respects to your patience and perseverance, Dear Harish, I feel you can move the court for not appointing a judge by appealing to higher court, especially because this is a Consumer Court which is supposed to close the case the fastest, which is what it constitution says.

May be you will have to change the lawyer if he shows helplessness in moving the court.

No offernce to anyone intended.

ramesh

Last edited by noopster : 26th November 2012 at 22:47. Reason: No need to quote an entire post, plus it wasn't done correctly
Old 27th November 2012, 11:08   #1431
BHPian

I keep a special note of a few things while travelling to measure reliability for various brands:
1. Cars that smoke a lot
2. Cars with non-working brake lights/parking lights
3. Cars with their bonnet up in air indicating failure or being towed away

Skoda is number two in my list and the number one is a Indian manufacturer

Coming back to the point, if you can't present your side, due to what ever reasons, imaginary or otherwise, you have no right to say that the other person is telling a lie. If you have the facts, state them, otherwise all have the right to form their opinion based on available information.
So, for a fact, parts were replaced with spurious ones at a Skoda dealership. Is the dealership at fault? Obviously. Is Skoda India at fault? Partially. You should not cover up the wrongs of your dealer. Kick the dealer and make it known that Skoda means business and fleecing dealers won't be covered up but revealed. That will certainly help with Skoda image more than what has been done by the PR.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:23   #1432
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Is Skoda India at fault? Partially. You should not cover up the wrongs of your dealer. Kick the dealer and make it known that Skoda means business and fleecing dealers won't be covered up but revealed. That will certainly help with Skoda image more than what has been done by the PR.
That dealer has been done and dusted. Their dealership was suspended.
Old 27th November 2012, 20:23   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Harish, Court cases drag on for years. My father visited the National Consumer Forum (NCDRC) yesterday in New Delhi. Apparently, NCDRC is still hearing cases from 2004. Subsequently, those filed in 2006 will take another year for it to be listed and so on. Patience is the key and the rewards should ease away the pain.

All the best!
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 12:14   #1434
BHPian

The reward better be worth the time and the anguish felt by Harish. Keep at it man. You are fighting for all Indians. A brand that i once loved is a brand i hate to the core now. Skoda should know to have handled the situation properly.
VANOS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 14:48   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Harish..that shows you are online now and members can chat with you directly.
turbo car
That was an old query Turbo. Got the answer then. Thanx anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
Dear Harish, I feel you can move the court for not appointing a judge by appealing to higher court.
Principally yes. Technically a nightmare. You should take a look at the pending cases. I stand nowhere compared to those folks.

Anyways, in all probability, I am not going this entire judicial journey to the National Forum. For me it is only this level. The district level - the final level. Win or lose I have my own game plan after this verdict.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 15:19   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, in all probability, I am not going this entire judicial journey to the National Forum. For me it is only this level. The district level - the final level. Win or lose I have my own game plan after this verdict.
Wish you all the best Harish.

Really sorry that the judicial system has failed to provide justice for so long. No wonder that most people avoid the legal system like the plague. Most people cut their losses and curse their luck, rather than pursuing the case in a court of law, and reading this saga, I am not surprised.

Skoda - If you are reading this, you must realize that people here are going to stay away from your product and are going to advise their friends/relatives/colleagues to stay away from Skoda. Its much wiser to make amends for Harish's sufferings. I, for one will never buy a Skoda till you resolve this vexed issue.

All the best once again Harish.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 15:25   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Kick the dealer and make it known that Skoda means business and fleecing dealers won't be covered up but revealed. That will certainly help with Skoda image more than what has been done by the PR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
That dealer has been done and dusted. Their dealership was suspended.
Yes. that dealer has been since suspended and now both the Skoda dealerships in Mumbai belong to the same family (person and his son in law). who by the way are related to some higher up PR/ HR lady in Skoda India.
I saw a separate thread on tbhp discussing this topic and any ethical impact a few days ago.

Quote:
At any and all levels, I wish you well. Keep us updated and let us know if/ when you need anything.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 16:22   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
My friend, you will have no choice but to go for next level simply because if this case is ruled in your favour and then be assured that Skoda will be appealing in the high court. (This is what my personal experience with LIC Of India is)

I wish you good luck.
Old 30th November 2012, 16:05   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
My friend, you will have no choice but to go for next level simply because if this case is ruled in your favour and then be assured that Skoda will be appealing in the high court. (This is what my personal experience with LIC Of India is)

I wish you good luck.
As far as possible, I will not, even if they appeal. I have fought for 4 years and am down 20 lacs. I do not wish to spend valuable time and money fighting in the courts for the next 20 years. However, will work on other options.

Thanx for the wishes.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 17:53   #1440
Senior - BHPian

I do not have any experience/exposure to the judicial system of other nations, but looking at the kind of expenses & time you have had to put, its a sad state of affairs.

Looking at this situation from a purely moral & ethical viewpoint, you have already shelled out the price of 2 brand new Octavia cars & still justice is not in sight, despite a lot of facts clearly pointing to malpractices in the Skoda network (including & not limited to dealers, workshops, customer care cells); quite an irony, I would say.

No wonder & it is because of such issues in our country that companies can afford to experiment or cheat a consumer so easily in this part of the world.

Nevertheless, hope that you get justice soon & not just for your car, but also for the mental harassment, time & money that you have had to invest for this cause.

Quote:
As far as possible, I will not, even if they appeal. I have fought for 4 years and am down 20 lacs. I do not wish to spend valuable time and money fighting in the courts for the next 20 years. However, will work on other options.

Thanx for the wishes.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 30th November 2012 at 17:55.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks