Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 01:14   #3301
F50
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that Kimi was not sleeping on the grid and made a very nice start and pass on sleeping Hamburger then suddenly like the kid in Honda ad, Hamilton came back to life with saliva dripping off his mouth and did something which even Jackie Stewart's daughter wouldnt have done or may be he was carrying too much those,what you call them, which he was boasting around about carrying at Belgium GP?
What Massa did to kid 'burger was fantastic, infact the officials should give him more points for that.
Im sure Johnnie Walker on Burger' car would read as 'Johnnie Walked'

I say send Hamburger to Force India for a season or two. Sab akal thikane aajaaegi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Read my signature bro.
Ya right 2008 Karting Chimpion - Lewis Hamilton

2008 Kart Constructors - Mclaren

Super obsessed!!
Old 13th October 2008, 01:22   #3302
BHPian

Mr. lewis hamilton does need basic racing lessons otherwise the move by him on the first lap was by far the worst ever move by an EXPERIENCED driver. Lets be man and have a poll on his move on the first lap. Let people decide whether that move was an amateur move or an stupid move because his move deserved nothing more . Shame on you Mr. hamilton. What happened you had said that kimi dosent have the balls to break late. but for your information you do not have anything left for braking so late and jeoparding 5 other drivers race. Thanks Mr. hamilton you just made my day. Thanks again.

Mr. Alonso has the balls to win. Congrats.
Old 13th October 2008, 01:50   #3303
BANNED

Some questions coming out of my mind.
Why was Lewis penalized when it was Massa who drove into him?

Who is Bourdais? How can he just drive into a Ferrari? Why no Penalty for him?
Old 13th October 2008, 05:03   #3304
BHPian

I think Bourdais' 25 second penalty after the race was totally unfair, since he was doing what any other driver fighting for position would have done; stay on the inside line.

And Massa tried to cut him off by outbraking him on the corner and instead spun out himself. I think there was nothing unfair on Bourdais' part.

And the flashing blue light at the end of the pit lane doesn't mean that the driver exiting has to yield, it just informs them that there's an approacing car coming down the straight.

I'm getting really sick of all the favouritism displayed by FIA for Ferrari.

I also heard rumours some time back that Jean Todt was considering being the FIA president.
F1 News > The future of Jean Todt?

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 13th October 2008 at 05:04.
Old 13th October 2008, 05:09   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Some questions coming out of my mind.
Why was Lewis penalized when it was Massa who drove into him?
Lewis was penalized for forcing Kimi off the track on the first corner, when he was desperately trying to win back some positions after the previous debacle.

While some people argue that it was actually Kovaleinen who forced Hamilton off the track and Lewis was simply trying to win it back, I think that drive through penalty was totally fair.

But giving Massa the same penalty for taking Hamilton out is again unfair as it was a much bigger offence and Hamilton lost like 15 positions because of that incident, whereas Kimi only lost a few.
Old 13th October 2008, 06:43   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I think Bourdais' 25 second penalty after the race was totally unfair, since he was doing what any other driver fighting for position would have done; stay on the inside line.
I get the same feeling as well, that Bourdais' penalty was a bit harsh.

About Hammy's lunge down the inside that nearly took his teammate out on the first corner and led most of the pack off the track, well, probably last year's GP is praying on the kid's mind and he is scared that he will do a repeat of it. If this is the case, then we will see a lot more such mistakes from him in the next two races.
Old 13th October 2008, 06:51   #3307
BHPian

Well Dan, I wonder what happened to you! From Alonso to Hamilton ? I mean, Hamilton ? Well anyways, as Sire F50 has nailed it, Karting Championship, spot on! Massa is trying to prove his critics wrong in the right way, atleast he is not all over the place. I really do hope he wins.
Old 13th October 2008, 07:08   #3308
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton being penalised was OK. Massa being penalised was OK. But, I really don't see why Bourdais was penalised. Where was he supposed to go? He wasn't cutting lanes. This is by far the worst decision by the stewards.
Old 13th October 2008, 08:09   #3309
BANNED

Well, Bourdais deserves a penalty because he caused a Ferrari to spin.
25 seconds! Good to make the same Ferrari score a point too. How better can it get?
Old 13th October 2008, 10:19   #3310
Senior - BHPian

Spectacular Race!

Good job from Alonso, Kubica & Kimi.

Hamilton - It was fun!

1st Corner move by Hamilton - Sickest of all!

Good to see his own tactics come back to bite him when he closed doors on Massa and spun across the track. I really enjoyed the onboard shot of his car where he was waiting for the traffic to go.

Remember, it was the same move which Hamilton did on Webber & Glock in Monza.

Where is Ron!? I simply miss his post race comments! Seeing Kubica FOCUS on his performance and being on the podium must have given him bad dreams last night!

F1 : Dennis unimpressed with Kubica comments - KUBICA - F1-Live.com
Old 13th October 2008, 10:21   #3311
BHPian

Crazy start to the race yesterday. What was Hamilton smoking when he lunged in the second corner!!!

Brilliant driving by Alonso. He was fortunate in Singapore, but yesterday was pure driving that got him the first place finish. Kimi tried hard to overtake Kubica in the final laps, but the gritty BMW driver was more than a match for Kimi.

The championship's still open. Massa has a chance, hell even Kubica has a mathematical chance now . The constructors' seems to be heading towards Ferrari.

I agree with most here. Bourdais's penalty was harsh.

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 13th October 2008 at 10:24.
Old 13th October 2008, 10:26   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

awesome race. My hopes still with ferrari and massa!
Old 13th October 2008, 10:51   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post

Kimi tried hard to overtake Kubica in the final laps, but the gritty BMW driver was more than a match for Kimi.
Actually during that time, Kubica's tires were graining and that's why he had to ease off a bit for a few laps to let it clean out and after that he found his speed back for the last few laps.

Fuji is the worst nightmare for tires on an F1 car. If you remember Webber's tires in the last few laps when Massa was trying to pass him.

A one stop strategy is the last thing anyone should do in Fuji. But then again a lot of teams like Red Bull, Honda or even Toyota rely on "race incidents" to score a few bonus points based on their one stop pit strategy.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:18   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Actually during that time, Kubica's tires were graining and that's why he had to ease off a bit for a few laps to let it clean out and after that he found his speed back for the last few laps.

Fuji is the worst nightmare for tires on an F1 car. If you remember Webber's tires in the last few laps when Massa was trying to pass him.

A one stop strategy is the last thing anyone should do in Fuji. But then again a lot of teams like Red Bull, Honda or even Toyota rely on "race incidents" to score a few bonus points based on their one stop pit strategy.
Absolutely, there was hardly any tread left on Webber's tyres. I have not seen treads in such bad shape in F1 in any other race. Is it because the tarmac is so harsh on tires? I suspect the weather is not a factor here, because it was relatively cool all through the race.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:30   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Absolutely, there was hardly any tread left on Webber's tyres. I have not seen treads in such bad shape in F1 in any other race. Is it because the tarmac is so harsh on tires? I suspect the weather is not a factor here, because it was relatively cool all through the race.
I think it mostly occurs due to the huge number of high speed right hand corners at Fuji which put an enormous amount of force on the left tires, especially on the front if they have too much front wing and also since the brakes are usually biased for the front tires.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks