Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 02:06   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@manishverma
Hi, Clutch hardness\harshness can be also due to impurities in the hydraulic system of clutch. Before going for any major work, Do clutch bleeding. I t will affect the clutch feel.
Thanks a lot for the tip,will get it done.Any tips to improve AC cooling on the Safari TCIC.I live in Rajasthan and the AC is OK till 45-46 but it cant cope up with 50 degrees especially the front seats.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
Thanks a lot for the tip,will get it done.Any tips to improve AC cooling on the Safari TCIC.I live in Rajasthan and the AC is OK till 45-46 but it cant cope up with 50 degrees especially the front seats.
This might help:
Go to car washing shop and ask the guy to put jet water(not directly) on the AC coil\radiator(??) that is present in the front grill.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
This might help:
Go to car washing shop and ask the guy to put jet water(not directly) on the AC coil\radiator(??) that is present in the front grill.
Thanks a ton for your advice,I find this thread very useful and really like the way you keep you safari.I hope mine too is able to do as many kilometers as yours.It is still going strong and I keep doing the preventive maintenance.Although lately I am having problem in getting the parts as the T.A.S.S. in my place is not stocking parts for the TCIC and only have for the DICOR and the VTT.I am looking for a genuine spare parts shop in Delhi which is closer to my place.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:50   #109
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
This might help:
Actually my AC guy advised that every time you do a long trip its a good idea to splash water on the condenser just behind the front grill to help the A/C performance.

Can any of you help me find the AC vents for the front doors? Mine broke
Also, please enquire if the front center console for a 2003-built Safari can be sourced and for how much?

Cheers,
Adi
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

@ADI front AC vents comes in pair with middle ones.(as told to me by TASC)
Faintly i remembered they told me some 1100rs for them. But, I too had broken AC vents, then, i replaced the front AC vents with the Middle AC vents. The change in color is not noticable and am happy to save some 1000rs.
The AC vents of DICOR and TCIC are same. So, availability is not problem untill you are worried about it's color.

@manishverma

How much is your car clocked, and which model + is it a 4WD.

Last edited by mercedised : 3rd June 2010 at 17:01.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:25   #111
AVR
BHPian

Last year or two I've absolutely not bothered about the interiors of the vehicle and so have decided to do it up properly from inside. That's why I want to get everything in order. One shop offered me the front center console in wooden finish along with power window bases for all 4 doors in wooden finish for 1500-2000 rupees. I think its expensive but do you know of a better option?

These AC vents are like swings and I really want to get new ones to make the interiors better.

Can you guys post pics of your interiors so that I can have a look at how my Safari fares?

Adi
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:26   #112
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope the AC vents of side doors have changed from 2003 TCIC onwards so there was a design from 1998 to 2003 and there is a newer design then onwards, one needs to check for that.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:29   #113
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope the AC vents of side doors have changed from 2003 TCIC onwards so there was a design from 1998 to 2003 and there is a newer design then onwards, one needs to check for that.
Ya ACM, that's why I specified. I remember you mentioning some place in Mumbai. Do you think those places would have it?

Adi
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:22   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Highnoon, there is a reason for the factory settings, and somethings are better left at atleast that much. Idling is one such thing. From what I understand, setting the idling to below 800 rpm for that engine will increase the strain on the engine. Reducing idling to below 800 rpm will not really help much. Pls revert this change.
Hey ! The FE numbers are out. Did manage 310 km in 31.4 lit city driving with more than 50 % on AC. The vehicle behaving exceptionally well, this tuneup seems perfect. Very good and smooth acceleration. Engine noise greatly reduced.
Had used 2 pouches ( 20 ml each ) of ADDON cleanup D from IOC pump with normal diesel. This fuel additive worked.
Each sache of 20ml cost Rs.17/- for clogged injectors recommended dose is 40ml for 100 lit. And one 60 ml pouch of FC rated semi synthetic 2T oil from servo for the full tank of diesel. Reduced drastically the engine sound.
I think it cleaned up nozzles some.
I hope i am not imaginin' it but smoke seems to have reduced a bit.
If it works so well for next 3 fuel changes, we 'll know for sure.
Shall keep you posted.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:05   #115
BHPian

[quote=.

@manishverma

How much is your car clocked, and which model + is it a 4WD.[/quote]

I have the 1998 model 4x4 and it has done 1,20,000 kms till date.I love this vehicle for the Highway drives.No maintenance on the engine so far,only got the timing belt changed,and had got the Bardahl engine treatment done.Lately have got the problem of a hard clutch.Otherwise the vehicle is doing quite well.The km done are less becoz I stay out of the country almost half of the year.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:39   #116
Senior - BHPian

Guys, My car in inside the shades nowadays, it is not used from last 15days. Before it was extensively used, so i decided to put the car for some rest or say my peak business time was till April. So, i am deciding to do some works which were left aside including AC blower cleaning, Door setting and inner plastic parts setting(makes alot of rattling noise, I am thinking of using YOGAMAT). But, no engine\mechanical work as it is not required as of now the vehicle is going good with mileage figures of 11-12 on highway.

@manishverma: Can you post some pictures, also your location shows Kota.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:50   #117
BHPian

@ mercedised,thanks for you attention,Wish you luck with the repairs.I am in Egypt now and will post the pictures when I am back which should be around the end of June.

The centre console of my Safari has cracked during ICE change and I need to get a new one,But the T.A.S.S. in KOta do not have it,they only have the console for the new Safari.

I am following your thread closely and it is interesting to read about the jobs that you are carrying out.Do you have the rear door rattle in your Safari?MIne has it and am thinking about changing the whole lock and the rubber beading to rectify it.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:02   #118
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Opera House Mumbai
Sunco - +912223886808, +912223894602, +912266334468
Enterprises - + 919820369271, + 2256375999, +912223871185
Adjacent Shops. They should have it, it's where I I have got all my vents earlier, even if they do not have it they can procure it.

Tata Authorized guys too can get this, If you are getting the front set (centre + 2 sides) for about Rs. 1K then it is a good deal go get it.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

@all
My Safari has developed "PLAY or PLEY(whatever it is)" in steering. I checked with SC guys on last service and they told some " front right T stem(if i remembered what did he called it)" needs tobe replaced. Any suggestions?

@manishverma:
ACM is right if they donot have it then too you can tell them to place a order for one. I have done that alot of times.

Yes, I too have rear door noise, now too. But, read a old posts of HIGHNOON on this thread and you will know How he has fixed it without replacing door locks.

Last edited by mercedised : 4th June 2010 at 18:09.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:23   #120
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercidised I had replaced the T stem earlier (I presume it is the same part). Some play is normal in the Safari, but if it becomes excessive it needs to be replaced.

Just get it replaced by the guy who suggested it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks