Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 22:17   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Mercedised, it's a H4 - single bulb. How can you focus them seperately ?
In the pictures of my car as shown in before a last few posts, you can see the Low beam and High beam are separate in TCIC Safari. Low beam is a H7 and High beam is a Pencil beam light.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:31   #182
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
In the pictures of my car as shown in before a last few posts, you can see the Low beam and High beam are separate in TCIC Safari. Low beam is a H7 and High beam is a Pencil beam light.
I noticed that I didn't have the pencil beam bulbs after almost 2 years of cribbing about bad lights. Now they are much better at least in High beam when the pencils are on too. In low as I have the standard bulbs its rather pathetic
Old 28th August 2010, 14:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
The low beam was a H4 in my safari. It was not H7. Not sure if that was the reason for low light.

I got the headlights focused again. Now it is not bad, although the lights are not that powerful.

I changed the low beam bulbs to OSRAM nightbreaker, but there is no improvement as such.
Old 28th August 2010, 17:04   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
The low beam was a H4 in my safari. It was not H7. Not sure if that was the reason for low light.

I got the headlights focused again. Now it is not bad, although the lights are not that powerful.

I changed the low beam bulbs to OSRAM nightbreaker, but there is no improvement as such.
I have Philips Rally 90\100W H4 for the low beam.
Old 28th August 2010, 18:45   #185
BHPian

Well I thought of adding 90/100W but the technician told me that it is required to drill hole in the cover in order to accommodate for the relay.

That could possibly lead to water in the headlight assembly if it rains, and the headlight assembly should be changed if there is water inside it.

So he advised me to go with OSRAM nightbreaker.

I thought I read good reviews about it here, but I don't think it is really working in my safari. not sure if it is a problem with the bulb or the bull bar or something else?

OT: Thanks for confirming that Castrol Magnatec can be used in safari. I was really worried about it since they say the same oil can be used in both petrol and diesel engines. I called a couple of dealers and all of them confirmed that Castrol Magnatec can be used in diesel vehicles including Tata Safari.

Last edited by sumannandy : 28th August 2010 at 18:47.
Old 28th August 2010, 22:38   #186
Senior - BHPian

The holes are drilled in my Safari too, but not for relay, they are to accommodate bigger 'Chini Holder' and trust me there is no such water inside headlight issue.
Old 15th October 2010, 22:08   #187
Senior - BHPian

Got the servicing done, details are as below:

Works done:

Oil change : 2100 Rs.

Oil and Fuel filter : some 400 Rs approx.

Total cost : 2780 including taxes and labour.

A picture from today's business trip:

Thanks.
Old 16th October 2010, 09:36   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

@mercedised, is there a crack in your left head-lamp ?
Btw, 2L ? Will sure be tough catching up with you .. If I can
Quote:
sumannandy : .. the technician told me that it is required to drill hole in the cover in order to accommodate for the relay.
I dont think the relay has to be on the head-lamp unit. Check it out.
Old 16th October 2010, 09:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@mercedised, is there a crack in your left head-lamp ?
Btw, 2L ? Will sure be tough catching up with you .. If I can I dont think the relay has to be on the head-lamp unit. Check it out.
Nope. Its just the separation line between high and low beam. The holes are drilled to accomodate place for bigger chini-holders.
Old 16th October 2010, 14:19   #190
BHPian

ok, they did fit the relay, but no drilling was involved. Looks like adequate space was provided for relay.

I also thought it to be a crack initially in my safari. but it is not a crack.
Old 17th October 2010, 23:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Today, first ever ACCIDENT happened with Safari.:( The whole front crash guard is banged into the bumper. The incident happened as, a Santro on a highway braked hard immediately at some 60kmph and I was doing 70kmph behind the car. The car was not having working brake lights (Santro) so it took a while for me to understand that he braked so hard that I didnot get a moment to brake. Still by reflexes told me to brake and I slammed the brakes the car skidded and BANG into the rear of the Santro. The Santro was pushed to several feets and whole rear dickey of Santro was gone. Although, I tried to caught him, but he ran away leaving behind me and tears in my eyes. The only visual damage as per now is that the crash guard is fully slammed into the front bumper and the bumper has little discontinuities in shape due to it. I am busy alot so will only get a chance to visit SC and remove the crash guard after some 1-2 weeks. I will post pictures as soon as I get them clicked. It HURTS wen you care so hard for a car and some idiots just ruin all the hard work in just a second.

Mileage clocked: 2,09000kms approx.

Last edited by mercedised : 17th October 2010 at 23:11.
Old 17th October 2010, 23:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

oops thats bad mate. But I wonder why did he not stop? Generally we always end up faulting the guy at the back for a rear end collision. Did he do it on purpose?
Old 18th October 2010, 09:03   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
oops thats bad mate. But I wonder why did he not stop? Generally we always end up faulting the guy at the back for a rear end collision. Did he do it on purpose?
Yes, there's always a reason on both the side in defense. The reason for the Santro owner to go for a instant stop was a Pig which suddenly crossed the road. And the reason for me to collide into the car is late in grasping the instant braking by Santro owner, the reason to this is the Santro did'nt had working brake lights. So, it was almost nothing happening (no clue to me that the front car is braking) when he 1st braked and only my fault was that I was moving in position to overtake him and he suddenly applied brakes and there was hardly a car distance between Safari and Santro (as I was inturn to overtaking him) when he braked. What has happened, has happened and the only thing I have now is a HEAVY heart and crashed front car.

Last edited by mercedised : 18th October 2010 at 09:06.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:12   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Going by the rules, the rear ender is always at fault for a rear ended collision. All drivers are supposed to maintain sufficient distance between them and the vehicle ahead of them, to take care of any/all exigencies.

I m glad that it was a Safari Vs Santro and not a Santro Vs Safari, else it could have been a serious case of engine damage.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:05   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Going by the rules, the rear ender is always at fault for a rear ended collision.
I agree. But, not in all the cases. What you will do if you are going for a overtake and the vehicle in front of you brakes to a harsh stop? and that too at 60kmph? And if he does'nt deserves any blame of the accident then I could'nt wonder that why did he ran away and didnot ask for compensation even when his rear was gone fully? There was no part which was left undamaged of the rear of Santro. The rear lights and dickey all were gone. No offense, just a point I have raised?

Last edited by mercedised : 18th October 2010 at 12:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks