Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 15:09   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Recently i had changed to 90/100w with conversion kit. Today after i came back home i was shocked to see my headlight had got switched ON. Opened my car and checked the switch it was off still headlight was ON, and it was in high beam, it was not changing to low beam also. It seems headlight has become direct. Then i removed the bulb holder so that it wont drain my battery. I am planning to take my car tomorrow to place where i got relay installed and get it checked.

Please let me know if any of you have any idea why this happened. I am totally confused and worried, if anything had happened to electricals of my car or just the relay.
Went to Hot Tracks today, and got it checked. Relay cutout had problem. He replaced the Cutout since it was under warranty. No question asked.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:37   #3587
BHPian

Hi
Does any1 here knows where I can get the Philips Xenon HID?
Also....which should i get for my sx4.[the stock headlight is H4]
d2s or d1s or d2r?
Old 4th January 2010, 18:55   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please set your expectations right A car head light is not supposed to be creating a stadium flood light effect
Thanks for the info mate !!

I have always driven cars which had given me adequate side throw too!!.

Quote:
I am finding the lack of throw from my stock head bulbs 65/55 during my city drive and also in my highway drive.

especially the side throw. it is very hard to spot the median only with my low beam on.
hope you have read my requirements clearly. I had said that i am not able to locate the median on the middle of the road due to lack of adequate side throw in low beam , that doeast mean that i want my car to illuminate the whole city

Quote:
but reallity is that side throw and high beam blinds oncoming traffic and provides no special incentive to you
It does. it prevents me from ramming into the median and prevent me from endangering others life

That is why i asked i need a bulb which gives a adequate side throw in low beam and enough focussed throw in high beam. i presume that is a normal requirement for everyone who drives a car

Sorry dude nothing offensive meant!! hope you understand me loud and clear!!
Old 5th January 2010, 11:08   #3589
BHPian

Friends, further to the query from Geeash, i have the following query

Linea stock bulbs are h1 55w and h7 55w.

Need your help in choosing the right bulb for Linea
1. Philips xtreme power H4
2. Osram Night breaker H1 and H7
3. Philips Chrystal vision 4300k

I am not sure if Philips xterme power H4 will suit linea's H1 and H7.

Experts, pls advise as i am too ignorant about these. Usage is mainly for highways.

Pardon me if this is a repeat query and have already replied earlier in this forum.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:30   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Friends, further to the query from Geeash, i have the following query

Linea stock bulbs are h1 55w and h7 55w.

Need your help in choosing the right bulb for Linea
1. Philips xtreme power H4
2. Osram Night breaker H1 and H7
3. Philips Chrystal vision 4300k

I am not sure if Philips xterme power H4 will suit linea's H1 and H7.
Phillips xtreme power is available in H4 and H7 and Osram nightbreaker is in H4, H7 and H11 so I think you can only replace H7 ( as both of these are not available in H1.

I think H7 is used for Low beam and that should be used most of the time so I guess changing H7 alone should fulfill your purpose.

X-treme Power: Maximum performance

OSRAM|Consumer|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER|index

Actually h1 , h4, H7 etc are specification of the socket and size of the bulb.
Old 5th January 2010, 13:32   #3591
BHPian

Ritz head lamps overhaul

I am planning to change head lamps for Ritz because of weak light and unmanageable at night drives. Please suggest me a good options from below

1) Install extra wiring and upgrade to 90/100 Osram or Philips

2) Go with normal 55/60 Osram or Philips.

Thanks
Old 5th January 2010, 13:59   #3592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I am planning to change head lamps for Ritz because of weak light and unmanageable at night drives. Please suggest me a good options from below

1) Install extra wiring and upgrade to 90/100 Osram or Philips

2) Go with normal 55/60 Osram or Philips.

Thanks
Dear Friend, try upgrading to Phillips Rallye 100/90 or 130/100 halogens. You will need to install a relay also. If you are still not satisfied, try Hella auxiliary driving lamps/projectors. I have been using Phillips 130/100 for over two years now. No issues whatsoever. You can visit my garage to see my projectors. They are brilliant. I have 660 watts of combined light output!
Old 5th January 2010, 14:09   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Went to Hot Tracks today, and got it checked. Relay cutout had problem. He replaced the Cutout since it was under warranty. No question asked.
Hi Shamanth, good to hear that. So my diagnosis was right. I hope you are not using PMP relay. It has a very primitive system and has a tendency of melting. Roots is a much better option.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:42   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Dear Friend, try upgrading to Phillips Rallye 100/90 or 130/100 halogens. You will need to install a relay also. If you are still not satisfied, try Hella auxiliary driving lamps/projectors. I have been using Phillips 130/100 for over two years now. No issues whatsoever. You can visit my garage to see my projectors. They are brilliant. I have 660 watts of combined light output!
Thanks Chevy_lover. I will check with Philips 100/90 halogens. I am not interested to install a auxiliary lamps as it will look odd in my car.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:09   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks Chevy_lover. I will check with Philips 100/90 halogens. I am not interested to install a auxiliary lamps as it will look odd in my car.
Yes, try it and let us know the result.

Does your car have slots in the bumper for extra lights? You can get a variety of lamps to fit in the bumper. As per my experience, additional lights are a necessity in Indian rural roads.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:52   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hi Shamanth, good to hear that. So my diagnosis was right. I hope you are not using PMP relay. It has a very primitive system and has a tendency of melting. Roots is a much better option.
@Chevy_lover

You were right in diagnosis. I am using Hella Relay kit, which is supposed to be of good quality, could be compared with Roots and Bosch.
Old 5th January 2010, 21:07   #3597
Senior - BHPian

I have a query regarding the "bulb upgrade" for the OE projectors on my Grand Vitara. Can I simply upgrade whatever bulb is there (I assume a 55W) to like a 90 or 100 W bulb without damaging any part of the OE light assembly ?

Has anyone done this ?

Would appreciate a feedback.

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 5th January 2010 at 21:10.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:30   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ricky, for any type of bulb upgrades to a higher wattage, you will need to install a relay and heavy duty wiring. If not, you risk draining your battery.

Let us know about the wattage and model of the bulb in your projector. We might be able to help you better.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:06   #3599
BHPian

greetings to all,
i need help regarding HID for my alto. my budget is max 5k. pls help me.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:58   #3600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
greetings to all,
i need help regarding HID for my alto. my budget is max 5k. pls help me.
Don't get it then. What you'll get for 5k is Chinese HID which are S***.

Increase your budget till 9-10k and get a Philips 4300k HID kit. Makes sense. For the time being, you can upgrade to 100/90w bulbs with a relay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks