Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 10:39   #5851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
If I understand correctly - Aux lamps are preferable as compared to higher rated bulbs - in case I do not want to go in for a total wiring harness revamp. So I would look at adding Aux lamps.

If you could educate me as to what are aux lamps options available in the market and the tentative cost for the same
As far as I know, Aux lamps might need extra setup like wiring harness and relays (no need to do anything with the existing wiring). There are many aux lights available like lightforce, hella etc. Not sure which one is the best. Check previous pages, sajjt and tassem have provided information regarding this.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 11:59   #5852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Still trying to figure out what would be the best way to upgrade my civic's headlights.
Stuck on a few questions,
  1. What is the temperature of Philips Vision Plus, Xtreme Power and Xtreme Light?
  2. Between the ones mentioned above and Crystal Vision, which is the best for High Beam and Low Beam?
  3. Where can I source P4 HIDs and Projector assembly in Delhi?
  4. Which is a better option between bulb change and HID Projectors, purely of the basis of better performance on road without troubling the oncomers?
I own a CIVIC, this is what I have done
Low Beam - Bi Xenon FXR 1.1 Projectors + 35W 4300K Morimoto HID bulbs (sourced from THE RETROFIT SOURCE )
High Beam - Philips 4300 Crystal Vision (Halogen 55W)
Fog lamps - Blazer Projector Fogs(sourced from THE RETROFIT SOURCE ) with 35W 4300K Hid Bulbs
I'm totally happy with my Light upgrade.
In City driving, I don't use either the Low/High beams at all, It's just the parking lights + Fog lamps. Quite sufficient light is produced with these tiny Projector fog lamps.
On Highway , I rarely use High Beams, I just use the Low Beams with Projectors. Width, Forground light is sufficient.

To answer to your queries
1. It depends from 3200 - 4300K or might be even 5000K, which Is pure white, though I havent used any bulbs of 5000K
2. I have 55W 4300K Philips HALOGEN bulbs on High Beam, they are quite good even during Rain.
3000K bulbs are best suited for FOG & Rain conditions
3. Contact THE RETRORIDES - The Retro Rides | Home They should be able to help you out. I had a very good buying experience from them.
4. Tricky question. I would say HID with projectors if you are looking for PERFORMANCE. Good projectors will not blind the oncoming traffic due to the Cut off, width is good. Only disadvantage is there aren't many Projectors with EXCELLENT HIGHBEAM.

Quote:
That is why I am confused :(

Does projector installation void warranty?
A.S.S sometimes will give some weird reasons when claiming for warranty when mods are done.
As long as the Wires are not spliced, one shouldn't worry abt the warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
Hi,

Does anybody know a good headlamps shop in Bangalore.I am not really happy with my Aria headlights alignment. Need to get that adjusted and also i am looking it makes sense to get HID kit installed for the Aria.
Contact A1 Tyre Care centre.
He has the computerized light aligning machine. Charges around 250 Rs for the light alignment.
http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/a1...28721299J4Q3X2
http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=12.9...src=0&t=m&z=17
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 12:10   #5853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I just checked a couple of places for lightforce 170. I'm seeing some ridiculous differences.

ADD On - Rs 27000
Kumar's (authorized seller for Lightforce) - Rs. 28000
Ebay.com (only a pair of lights) - $350
Ebay.com (with security nuts and wiring harness) - 475 $

Now, tell me which one is priceless
I never bothered to ask LF 170 price.

Consider 240 Light force Blitz.
I was quoted ~ 17,500Rs @ ADD ON (almost 3 months back)
Checkout the online price
Amazon.com: LightForce 240 Blitz Lights: Automotive + Shipping Charges
Lightforce Driving Lights - 240 Blitz - Truck Customizers
Excluding Wiring + security nuts
Isn't the price competetive ??
Old 31st January 2012, 15:44   #5854
BHPian

@sushrutha,17,500 for the 240 sounds ok , and I beleive , the wiring kit's another 5 K , that makes it 22,500 /- ,and how come the 170's are 27k ?
Might be the rupee fluctuation .
How's Add On , do they have Hella Luminators and 4000's too ?
Old 31st January 2012, 16:02   #5855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
@sushrutha,17,500 for the 240 sounds ok , and I beleive , the wiring kit's another 5 K , that makes it 22,500 /- ,and how come the 170's are 27k ?
Might be the rupee fluctuation .
How's Add On , do they have Hella Luminators and 4000's too ?
As I said earlier, I have not bothered to enquire the price of LF 170.
I planned for 240Blitz on Civic, But had to scrap the idea, as the looks of the Civic would have gone drastically down & also I didn't want anybody to flick my lights when I have parked my car outside.

ADD-ON as I have mentioned earlier, it's a good place to get your extra lights fitted on. I don't have much idea whether he has 4000's ....
I remember he mentioning 4.5K rs for the wiring kit.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:00   #5856
NKR
BHPian

[quote=naveen.raju;2662372]

I called up the philips dealer in Kochi and he directed me to VV Auto Spares in Palarivattom. However I installed night breaker plus for low and high beams and not philips bulbs as i read that they were better. VV has a good collection of bulbs and light accessories.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:03   #5857
BHPian

Does anyone know if, in India, there is a HID kit along with projectors for the Ford Endeavour?
Old 1st February 2012, 20:14   #5858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I never bothered to ask LF 170 price.

Consider 240 Light force Blitz.
I was quoted ~ 17,500Rs @ ADD ON (almost 3 months back)
Checkout the online price
Amazon.com: LightForce 240 Blitz Lights: Automotive + Shipping Charges
Lightforce Driving Lights - 240 Blitz - Truck Customizers
Excluding Wiring + security nuts
Isn't the price competitive ??
Woah! This doesn't make a lot of sense. How can the LF 240 be cheaper than the 170 striker. Even 3 months back, the rupee wasn't doing too well against the dollar. Do you remember who you spoke to at ADD ON? Was it really 3 months back? I tried pulling some strings and the final rate I got from Kumars was 23K. I didn't bother checking the price of the 240s.
Old 2nd February 2012, 02:33   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I own a CIVIC, this is what I have done
Low Beam - Bi Xenon FXR 1.1 Projectors + 35W 4300K Morimoto HID bulbs (sourced from THE RETROFIT SOURCE )
High Beam - Philips 4300 Crystal Vision (Halogen 55W)
Fog lamps - Blazer Projector Fogs(sourced from THE RETROFIT SOURCE ) with 35W 4300K Hid Bulbs
I'm totally happy with my Light upgrade.
In City driving, I don't use either the Low/High beams at all, It's just the parking lights + Fog lamps. Quite sufficient light is produced with these tiny Projector fog lamps.
On Highway , I rarely use High Beams, I just use the Low Beams with Projectors. Width, Forground light is sufficient.

To answer to your queries
1. It depends from 3200 - 4300K or might be even 5000K, which Is pure white, though I havent used any bulbs of 5000K
2. I have 55W 4300K Philips HALOGEN bulbs on High Beam, they are quite good even during Rain.
3000K bulbs are best suited for FOG & Rain conditions
3. Contact THE RETRORIDES - The Retro Rides | Home They should be able to help you out. I had a very good buying experience from them.
4. Tricky question. I would say HID with projectors if you are looking for PERFORMANCE. Good projectors will not blind the oncoming traffic due to the Cut off, width is good. Only disadvantage is there aren't many Projectors with EXCELLENT HIGHBEAM.

A.S.S sometimes will give some weird reasons when claiming for warranty when mods are done.
As long as the Wires are not spliced, one shouldn't worry abt the warranty
Thank you for the detailed response.

I will probably want to go for Bi-Xenon Projectors too with the new 55W HID that has now come out (Will find the light temperature first) or Morimoto/P4 and change the high beam to Philips X-Treme Power (The temprature is 3600 I think).

I had a few more queries,
1. Any idea which HID bulbs would be best?
2. The highway drive is on a well lit highway or the dark ones?
3. Could you give me an idea of what the cost was for each item?

I will contact the service adviser at Honda A.S.S. and understand the warranty. Will go through the warranty booklet as well.
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:32   #5860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Does anyone know if, in India, there is a HID kit along with projectors for the Ford Endeavour?
I saw pictures for such a kit for the Ford at - The Retro Rides | Gallery.

You've got to read at least a few threads before posting . The same link exists a few threads above.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:51   #5861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a few more queries,
1. Any idea which HID bulbs would be best?
Everybody who have used Philips they say it's the best
85122+, but now the bulbs are not manufactured below 6000K as of now.
I have 4300K Morimoto D2S bulbs, I'm quite happy with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani
2. The highway drive is on a well lit highway or the dark ones?
My highway is not well lit (NH48, which is being convereted into 6 lane)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani
3. Could you give me an idea of what the cost was for each item?
As mentioend earlier, Most of the parts were sourced from TRS (Usa)
Check here
PNP Upgrade: Bi-xenon - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc
Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

Additional HID Kit + Mini Morimoto H1 Projectors.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:17   #5862
BHPian

I drive an Indica Vista SAFIRE Aura ABS. I find headlights inadequate for night driving. I wish to replace the headlight bulbs and put ones with more Wattage. What should be the best option?

Currently, I do not have an option to put aux lamps as I am starting for a trip to Mount Abu in next two days. Would prefer a quick DIY kind of buld upgrade solution instead of a complex one involving replacing harness, relay etc.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:24   #5863
BHPian

I drive an Indica Vista SAFIRE Aura ABS and find headlights inadequate for night driving. I wish to replace the headlight bulbs and put ones with more Wattage.

Currently, I do not have an option to install aux lamps as I am starting for a trip to Mount Abu in next two days. I would prefer a simple DIY kind of bulb upgrade solution instead of any complex solution involving replacement of harness, relay etc.

What options do I have?
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:11   #5864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I drive an Indica Vista SAFIRE Aura ABS and find headlights inadequate for night driving. I wish to replace the headlight bulbs and put ones with more Wattage.

Currently, I do not have an option to install aux lamps as I am starting for a trip to Mount Abu in next two days. I would prefer a simple DIY kind of bulb upgrade solution instead of any complex solution involving replacement of harness, relay etc.

What options do I have?
If you are looking for a simple DIY job, the best option would be to go for better brands of the same wattage. Philips would be the ideal choice. But please make a note that there will be only a marginal increase in visibility when compared to the sock headlights. If you want better visibility, get higher wattage bulbs. This (I think) wont be a DIY kind of job. Better is to get it installed at a proper workshop. This wont take long - hardly 20 min.

Cheers.
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:22   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If you are looking for a simple DIY job, the best option would be to go for better brands of the same wattage. Philips would be the ideal choice. But please make a note that there will be only a marginal increase in visibility when compared to the sock headlights. If you want better visibility, get higher wattage bulbs. This (I think) wont be a DIY kind of job. Better is to get it installed at a proper workshop. This wont take long - hardly 20 min.

Cheers.
Thanks Naveen. What should be ideal wattage I should for? I visited a showroom today evening and he suggested me 80W and 100W for low beam and high beam repectively, while the current ones are 55W as per the manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks