Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 15:30   #5941
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

earlier ref:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2569518

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2577514 - Thanks ACM

The setup was done few days back itself, but couldnt manage to upload pics, here they are:

View of the bar: Cost = Rs.1700/-. Fitting = Rs.250/-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-install-front-closeup.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-install-side-view.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-install-top-view.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-install-front-full-view.jpg

The Neolite Halogen 1010 packing: cost Rs.950/-. wiring with Bosch relay = Rs.300/-
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-neolite-packing.jpg

Light ON sample:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-light-view.jpg

Final Setup:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-final-front.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-final-side.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-final-full.jpg

The green thing attached to brackets is just a piece of pipe/hose I have put so that sharp edge of bar doesnt hurt; temporary. The second Yellow set would be done at later stage, though provision of bracket is done. The bar is very sturdy and rock solid; heavy duty brackets stuck to the chassis. I have applied the adhesive tape on the (default red) wires so as to give black color and a layer of protection.

Connection: currently its connected to the (Front) Fog Lamp. Installation of a dedicated Switch may require opening of dashboard OR drilling - hence postponed.

Overall the light performance is good. The white covers are supplied in the pack, but I have kept them aside. Kids tend to 'align'/move them ! It is vibrating a bit on bumpy road - need to put a washer n tighten the bolts - lazy me.

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 20th February 2012 at 15:34. Reason: mention of white cover
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:56   #5942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
what's your experience with these bulbs? Have you considered upgrading the setup using relay and higher power (i.e. 100/90w) bulbs?
I did not buy the Osrams. One of the sets were over priced. Looking around for a cheaper deal.

Not interested in upgrading to higher wattage bulbs as the modifications are sure to void the electrical warranty. This is one issue. The other is if the existing holder and reflector are designed to withstand the heat from a higher powered bulb.
Old 21st February 2012, 01:28   #5943
BHPian

Sorry if I am posting this again but I have a Polo and want to upgrade my headlight bulbs. I rarely use the high beam. After reading much, I narrowed down to philips xtreme vision and the osram night breakers but lately I have grown a fascination towards whiter light

Now I dont mean blinding white which sometimes makes me shut my eyes I want to stick to stock wattage to avoid any warranty issues and in the pursuit of whiter light not lose much vision since we know how much it rains here in Mumbai. I am a complete noob when it comes to lighting so please help me!
Old 21st February 2012, 12:23   #5944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I narrowed down to philips xtreme vision and the osram night breakers but lately I have grown a fascination towards whiter light !
I have philips 4300K Crystal Vision bulbs (12359CVSD HB3 12V 60W ) & I'm happy with the output of this bulbs

Some info on the whitish Philips bulbs

Crystal Vision Plus 50%

• Up to 50% more light on the road
• 10-20 metre long high beams
• Better reflection off road marks and signs
• Headlamp lenses protected by UV-block quartz glass
• Fully compliant with ECE R37 (ADR)
• Easy installation (no wiring or relays needed)

Part No Type Volts Watts Base Qty ECE/ADR

9005VPCD HB3 12V 60W P20d 2 HB3
9006VPCD HB4 12V 51W P22d 2 HB4

Blue Vision

Quality performance you can rely on
• 4000K white light output
• Best high colour temperature bulb in terms of light performance
• Fully compliant with ECE R37 (ADR)

Part No Type Volts Watts Base Qty ECE/ADR ECE/ADR

9005BVSD HB3 12V 60W P20d 2+2 HB3 W5W
9006BVCD HB4 12V 51W P22d 2+2 HB4 W5W

Crystal Vision

More white light on the road
• 4300K stylish white light output for easier night driving
• Not approved for road use

12358CVSD HB4 12V 51W P22d 2+2 -
12359CVSD HB3 12V 60W P20d 2+2 -
Twin packs include wedge park globes.

Chromium White

Very white light on the road
• 4200K stylish white light output for easier night driving
• A whiter look than the CrystalVision light

12359SVCWS2 HB3 12V 60W P20d 2 -
12358SVCWS2 HB4 12V 51W P22d 2 -

Diamond Vision

Create a distinctively different look for your car
• 5000K light output, similar to daylight
• Blue reflection remains in the headlamp even when turned off
• Better refelection off road marks and signs
• Headlamp reflector protected by UV-block quartz glass

12359DVCD HB3 12V 60W P20d 2 -
12358DVCD HB4 12V 51W P22d 2 -
source
New types of Phillips Headlight Globes [Archive] - Ozhonda Forums
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 13:30   #5945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I have philips 4300K Crystal Vision bulbs (12359CVSD HB3 12V 60W ) & I'm happy with the output of this bulbs
I am glad to hear your bulbs are serving you well because forum advice is to stay away from white light bulbs.

One question, Is Crystal Vision Plus +50% different from the Crystal Vision?

Even amongst these options, I am really confused. I don't want the bluish tinge to be there when the headlamp cluster is viewed head-on which I believe will be case with 5000k bulbs, could be wrong here!

Is it true that higher the temperature, the white they are and lesser the performance?

Mine is a highline and plan to retain the stock bulbs in the foglights but switch the pilot lights with chinese make 6000k T10 5SMD LED bulks. Is that recommended? There are also Philips T10 LED bulbs but they are 10x expensive @ 2500/- a pair.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:23   #5946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j
I don't want the bluish tinge to be there when the headlamp cluster is viewed head-on which I believe will be case with 5000k bulbs, could be wrong here!
Check the below pic, It's a 4300K bulb, It looks bluish when in reflectors, but produces more of Sunlight colour on the road.
It is not bluish on the road. Visibility is good.

Quote:
A comparison between Halogen & Hid bulb of same colour (4300K)
Quote:
This is how the white lights look

Attachment 609350

I have Morimoto 3Five 4300K bulbs in low beam projectors(extreme left & extreme right) and Philips Crystal vision 4300 55W in Highbeam. (so almost both are same colour intensity, but the light colour produced by them are different)
This should give you a rough idea regarding the colour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
I am glad to hear your bulbs are serving you well because forum advice is to stay away from white light bulbs.
Forum is not saying to stay away from White light bulbs, rather it's the Bluish coloured ones, which doesn't serve any prupose in Rain & Fog , except for blinding the oncoming traffic by producing horrible glare when in high beam.

Quote:
One question, Is Crystal Vision Plus +50% different from the Crystal Vision?
Yes. But not to a great extent. Please check my prev post in the thread.
Quote:

Is it true that higher the temperature, the white they are and lesser the performance?
No. It's not the white which increases. The colour varies
3000K - Yellow
4300K - Yellowish White
5000K/6000K - Pure White
8000K - Bluish Purple
12000K - Purple

More on the colours, here
http://e46fanatics.com/features/jlev...s/image010.jpg
Old 21st February 2012, 22:04   #5947
BHPian

Quote:
Check the below pic, It's a 4300K bulb, It looks bluish when in reflectors, but produces more of Sunlight colour on the road.
It is not bluish on the road. Visibility is good.

A comparison between Halogen & Hid bulb of same colour (4300K)

Forum is not saying to stay away from White light bulbs, rather it's the Bluish coloured ones, which doesn't serve any prupose in Rain & Fog , except for blinding the oncoming traffic by producing horrible glare when in high beam.

Yes. But not to a great extent. Please check my prev post in the thread.

No. It's not the white which increases. The colour varies
3000K - Yellow
4300K - Yellowish White
5000K/6000K - Pure White
8000K - Bluish Purple
12000K - Purple

More on the colours, here
http://e46fanatics.com/features/jlev...s/image010.jpg
Thank you so much, sushrutha!
So the temperature is not in anyway related to performance? I use low beam primarily and want it to be better than the stock bulbs if not the best which I believe would be the Philips Extreme Vision. If visibility during rains is affected badly with these white bulbs, I might switch the bulbs for the season.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:24   #5948
BHPian

For my Vento, i am still confused if i should go for Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W rating or 100/90W with relay kit?
can somebody suggest please?
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:52   #5949
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I wish to upgrade the headlights in my Linea. I have spoken to some people and they say that because Linea uses double barrel system (H1+H7) for low and high beam, installing a relay and upgrading to 100/90w bulbs ain't possible. Is that correct?

Then what is the other affordable way out? I don't want to go for projector setup right now as the car is pretty new.

I would really love to upgrade using the relay and higher wattage method. I had done that in my Getz and found it extremely efficient - both in terms of cost and performance.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:53   #5950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
For my Vento, i am still confused if i should go for Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W rating or 100/90W with relay kit?
can somebody suggest please?
Go with a Good 100/90W bulbs + Wiring, relay kit.
I haven't used the Philips Xtreme Vision halogens, so can't comment on it.

The only issue with 100/90W bulbs in SOME CARS is, because of too much heat produced from the bulb & not much of space to let the heat dissipate SOMETIMES the reflector turns out to blacken.

Quote:
Guys, I wish to upgrade the headlights in my Linea. I have spoken to some people and they say that because Linea uses double barrel system (H1+H7) for low and high beam, installing a relay and upgrading to 100/90w bulbs ain't possible. Is that correct?

Then what is the other affordable way out? I don't want to go for projector setup right now as the car is pretty new.
AFAIK, it should be possible to fit in a 100/90W bulbs in Linea.
But the only problem is sourcing the seperate/Combo wiring kit for H1&H7, coz for ex H4(swift) wiring kit has low+high in single wiring kit, so easily available & source it.
Also it's not often you find H1 & H7 in 100/90W bulbs very easily in the market.

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd February 2012 at 11:06. Reason: multiquoted
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:25   #5951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Linea uses double barrel system (H1+H7) for low and high beam, installing a relay and upgrading to 100/90w bulbs ain't possible. Is that correct?
Checkout the below posts...
It is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Has any one upgraded both H1 and H7 in the Fiesta? If I understand the process correctly, it will involve two pairs of wiring harness and relays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have seen many fiesta's with upgraded lights (Halos and HIDs too). This will involve double the equipments (guess this is true).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have.
put in 90/100s for all 4.
youre right.
one set each for each pair.
2 sets of hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
I had got the lighting upgraded on my Fiesta too , a reputed store in chandigarh had used a dual headlamp relay with the wiring harness to power the lights. This relay and wiring harness was from Roots, .
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:02   #5952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
The setup was done few days back itself, but couldnt manage to upload pics, here they are:

View of the bar: Cost = Rs.1700/-. Fitting = Rs.250/- ...
Excellent Pranav.

I was looking for such solutions for my Safari since long. I designed it also but did not get any fabricator for the same. Later on I just left it.

Could you inquire your fabricator for similar bar for Tata Safari? You can convince your fabricator that if they are start producing such small bars for SUVs there would be great demand in market.

If you do not mind PM me his number.
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:59   #5953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checkout the below posts...
It is possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Has any one upgraded both H1 and H7 in the Fiesta? If I understand the process correctly, it will involve two pairs of wiring harness and relays. basically double the equipment required for a H4 upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have.
put in 90/100s for all 4.
youre right.
one set each for each pair.
2 sets of hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
Mayank how did you manage the holders part ?

I had got the lighting upgraded on my Fiesta too , a reputed store in chandigarh had used a dual headlamp relay with the wiring harness to power the lights. This relay and wiring harness was from Roots, however the holders were no good since the H1 & H7 bulbs first get plugged into their hard plastic holders and are then fixed into the headlights. The holders that i got with the kit were compatible with these hard plastic holders and the end result was the higher wattage bulbs were installed in the plastic holders , fixed in the headlamps and the wiring was then connected using thimbles.
I am still a bit confused here.

For the relay part
1. Do I need to install 2 sets of relays EACH for H1 and H7 separately? (i.e. a total of 4 numbers of relay) along with ceramic holders for each bulb?

OR

2. Do I try to source a dual relay (if that exists), which has wiring connections for each side enclosed in a single relay? (i.e. total 2 numbers of relay)?

For the bulbs
What kind of bulbs are available in H1 and H7? AFAIK, one is for high beam, so it should just be 100w, while the low beam would be 90w right?

Any part numbers would be extremely helpful here.
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:15   #5954
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me where to get the Philips Xtremevision ( the +100% one) and how much will it cost for H7 a pair?
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:36   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
I am still a bit confused here.

For the relay part
1. Do I need to install 2 sets of relays EACH for H1 and H7 separately? (i.e. a total of 4 numbers of relay) along with ceramic holders for each bulb?

OR

2. Do I try to source a dual relay (if that exists), which has wiring connections for each side enclosed in a single relay? (i.e. total 2 numbers of relay)?

For the bulbs
What kind of bulbs are available in H1 and H7? AFAIK, one is for high beam, so it should just be 100w, while the low beam would be 90w right?

Any part numbers would be extremely helpful here.

Nishant,

A dual headlamp relay should be easily available. The only issue is with the holders.

H1 & H7 bulbs when have a metallic base, these bulbs first are set into a very hard plastic holder and then inserted into the headlamp. the car's wiring then connects to these holders. This is how it is in the OEM setup.

For upgrading , you will need a dual headlamp relay and wiring kit which would come with it own holders. besides the bulbs that you purchase you will have to source the ceramic holders for the bulbs themselves too.

Bulb choices are a plenty, so that should not be an issue. the stock bulbs are H7 low beam 55W, H1 high beam 55W. so any marginal improvement should be ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks