Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 17:14   #6481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute_force View Post
However I noticed that the I20 headlamp kit seems to have a small prism like thingy right at the tip of the holder. Is it possible for me to remove that? And if I remove it, what are the implications that I would have? The last thing i want is to remove it and i see that the light is just focused only in the middle and not spread out completely. That would defeat the purpose of the entire exercise.

It would be great if someone could throw some light on this issue.

Thanks.
The small shield is an integral part of the headlamp focus mechanism. Though your light output 'may' increase a bit after removing it, it is not possible to to do and its better not to. Consider focussing the headlights if you are looking for better spread.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:05   #6482
BHPian

Dear Folks,

Any suggestion for replacing SX4 Zxi headlight - 55/60W bulbs? Pretty poor visibilty on highways. could 90/100W fitted in the same module, without a problem? which brands ares better...

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:24   #6483
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Go for Philips rallye. I have been using them from long and they are really good. Get a wiring kit along with relay. Installation is a ten minute job and is very straight forward. Contact me by PM if you need assistance in installing.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:39   #6484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

Will the output of 35K 4300k H4 HID better than 90/100W bulbs ?

Please advise .

Cheers
Dude, I'm not sure whether you can use the same ballast. But to put my thoughts forward, 4300k HID's are far better than 90/100 halogens. Talking from experience. But this is HID's with projectors. I had 90/100 Osram cool blue halogens for two months before moving to projectors which completely changed the entire scenario.

Although, HID's are not recommended in stock reflectors, you can try and get the installation done properly so that most of the useable light is not wasted. There are few shops in Blore that does light alignment. Get that done and you will find HID's working in stock reflectors perfectly. As far as I know, many of my friends have used HID's in stock reflectors, but only one, I stress that, only one is completely satisfied in terms of visibility. Others, obviously for the 'bling' factor.

Hope this will help. Let me know if you need any help dude.
Old 24th October 2012, 22:01   #6485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

Dude, I'm not sure whether you can use the same ballast. But to put my thoughts forward, 4300k HID's are far better than 90/100 halogens. Talking from experience. But this is HID's with projectors. I had 90/100 Osram cool blue halogens for two months before moving to projectors which completely changed the entire scenario.

Although, HID's are not recommended in stock reflectors, you can try and get the installation done properly so that most of the useable light is not wasted. There are few shops in Blore that does light alignment. Get that done and you will find HID's working in stock reflectors perfectly. As far as I know, many of my friends have used HID's in stock reflectors, but only one, I stress that, only one is completely satisfied in terms of visibility. Others, obviously for the 'bling' factor.

Hope this will help. Let me know if you need any help dude.
Thanks Naveen.
Can we use 35w H4 hid for the headlamps,because I think 35w will suit fog lamps only.
The hid which you have in your car are they 55w or 35w?
Also the bulbs that we use with 35w ballasts can the same be used along with 55w ballasts? Or we need different set of bulbs also.
Old 24th October 2012, 22:42   #6486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The HID kits that we get in the market are they 35W or 55W ? Say the ones that are manufactured by Philips or P8 .
I recently got 35w 6000k h8 HID kits for the fog lamps of my car, so i was thinking if i can source a pair of H4 bulbs, can the same set of 35W ballast be used for the headlamps also instead of the fog lamps .

Will the output of 35K 4300k H4 HID better than 90/100W bulbs ?

I changed the philips Rally 90/100W bulbs of my car to the Philips essential vision 90/100 bulbs recently and not very happy with them .So was planning to switch back to Rally 90/100W but before the switch just wanted to see if i can check out the HID way also .
I suggest you to move back to rally. Simple, and quite worth it. HIDs are best suited for an even beam spread, like what you see in the Low beam. It will give you uniform as well as an intense spread. However, in the high beam, they are not so effective, when range comes into picture. That is the reason many manufacturers offer HIDs for low beams and Halogens for high beams. I have personally experienced HID setups with both projectors and reflectors and I like the low beam very much. However, the high beam fails to impress in both cases. I am talking about a phillips H4 4300k bixenon and an Osram HID along with a projector.

A good setup I can think of is a Civic with HID low beams and Halogen high beam. The results were amazing.
Old 25th October 2012, 09:06   #6487
BANNED

Quote:
Can we use 35w H4 hid for the headlamps,because I think 35w will suit fog lamps only.
35W halogens are too small for headlamps, they are for fogs only. The HID with a far higher output can be 35W. Make sure if you go for 50W HIDs the ballasts have at least that rating!
Old 25th October 2012, 09:22   #6488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen.
The hid which you have in your car are they 55w or 35w?
Also the bulbs that we use with 35w ballasts can the same be used along with 55w ballasts? Or we need different set of bulbs also.
If I'm correct I have 35w HIDs for headlamps. Not sure though. Will check it tonight. I think the shop owner also mentioned to go for 35w as it will provide sufficient output. To be on the safe side, it's always better to with the same rating. Never know what the outcome would be in the long run.
Old 25th October 2012, 09:41   #6489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I suggest you to move back to rally. Simple, and quite worth it. HIDs are best suited for an even beam spread, like what you see in the Low beam. It will give you uniform as well as an intense spread. However, in the high beam, they are not so effective, when range comes into picture. That is the reason many manufacturers offer HIDs for low beams and Halogens for high beams. I have personally experienced HID setups with both projectors and reflectors and I like the low beam very much. However, the high beam fails to impress in both cases. I am talking about a phillips H4 4300k bixenon and an Osram HID along with a projector.

A good setup I can think of is a Civic with HID low beams and Halogen high beam. The results were amazing.
I totally agree with audioholic. I recently got a projector setup on my Civic (bi-xenon, along with Osram NB+ that i got from US. Had it been only projectors for the high beam, it would have been a waste. The light beamfrom projector spreads out so it does not provide any distance illumination. More of a flood light. But with NB+ and the Bi-Xenon on hi beam, it is awesome.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:22   #6490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Please share the name and address of this distributor
I got the details from this thread itself :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post
A reputed Phillips dealer. Have seen couple of reco here in team-bhp itself

AK TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 19:08   #6491
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a picture and video of Philips Rallye performing on my SX4 in a completely dark stretch of road. Though its not possible to check how intense the bulbs are, you can get an idea of the spread and throw of the beam, along with the Fog lamps. Currently the combination is doing an excellent job.

Taken at 6:00PM at ISO 400 with 1/4th of a second shutter speed.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc05412.jpg

Here is a video:

EDIT: I think youtube has messed up the video with its "Auto-Fix". Now I am trying to fix the Autofix!

Last edited by audioholic : 28th October 2012 at 19:15.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 02:03   #6492
BHPian

Guys Reliance Auto store is offering Projector bi-xenin + angle eye with 1yr warranty at 15k rs ( inc fitting+ Blast+wiring) for my figo.......is it worth the price??
Old 30th October 2012, 02:06   #6493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic
Here is a picture and video of Philips Rallye performing on my SX4 in a completely dark stretch of road. Though its not possible to check how intense the bulbs are, you can get an idea of the spread and throw of the beam, along with the Fog lamps. Currently the combination is doing an excellent job.

Taken at 6:00PM at ISO 400 with 1/4th of a second shutter speed.

Here is a video:
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zGiYk2xBqHk

EDIT: I think Youtube has messed up the video with its "Auto-Fix". Now I am trying to fix the Autofix!
I think in that much darkness with no incoming traffic anything is sufficient. Can you post same from a highway against incoming high beams ??
Old 30th October 2012, 12:00   #6494
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Hope this isn't a strange query. I have a 2009 Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI which has projector lamp kit on it factory fit, but it does not have a HID bulb kit [runs regular halogen bulb].

About 2 yrs ago, I bought the Philips Xtreme Vision 80% more brightness [i think H4] bulbs, but had to return them as they didn't fit my Fabia.

My car is well past warranty, so I'd now like to put in a HID bulb kit replacing the halogen bulbs. My query is:

1. Is the locally available Philips Xenon HID kit [6000K] and Philips ballast the best combination i should go for? Reliance autozone on KH road quoted 9.5K for this. I don't want that bluish-white light but the standard Xenon lights [6000K is a very light shade of white?]

2. I am open to importing any good Xenon HID bulb & ballast kit too. Anyone can help me with one that's high quality and dependable reseller? Only if its better in performance and specification, than the locally available Philips kit. Reliability is more important for me than blinding white/blue light.

Please let me know if my query is vague by asking more Qs and I'll be happy to respond. Look forward to the suggestions from the knowledgeable folks.

P.S: I'm not 100% sure yet but I will check and update my tonight. I think that the bulb that fits a Fabia with factory fit projectors is a H7.

Thanks
ajay K
Old 30th October 2012, 12:40   #6495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi all,

Hope this isn't a strange query. I have a 2009 Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI which has projector lamp kit on it factory fit, but it does not have a HID bulb kit [runs regular halogen bulb].

About 2 yrs ago, I bought the Philips Xtreme Vision 80% more brightness [i think H4] bulbs, but had to return them as they didn't fit my Fabia.

My car is well past warranty, so I'd now like to put in a HID bulb kit replacing the halogen bulbs. My query is:

1. Is the locally available Philips Xenon HID kit [6000K] and Philips ballast the best combination i should go for? Reliance autozone on KH road quoted 9.5K for this. I don't want that bluish-white light but the standard Xenon lights [6000K is a very light shade of white?]

2. I am open to importing any good Xenon HID bulb & ballast kit too. Anyone can help me with one that's high quality and dependable reseller? Only if its better in performance and specification, than the locally available Philips kit. Reliability is more important for me than blinding white/blue light.
There are many branded kits available in the market now where Philips is mostly preferred. The price quoted for Philips is reasonable as many companies increased the prices of various lighting products. 6000k is pure white light. From your message, I would reckon 4300k would be the best. This is white light with a tinge of white light. This provides the best visibility range. AFAIK, Philips stopped production of 4300k. In case you manage to find it, you are lucky. Also, most of the Philips HID's nowadays are from China. Not to be confused with local chinese products. This is genuine and you can track the product from it's serial no. (I have posted this information couple of months back on how to track if it's a genuine Philips product.). Lucky again if you manage to source german made.

Other products include Osram, P8, Auto Gauge (this is what I use). Confirm the bulb configuration of the current projector (whether it's H7) before purchasing the product. HID's, proper wiring kit and ballast - that would be the complete kit.

Hope this will help. Anything else, let us know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks