Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 10:18   #6841
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Can anyone recommend a headlamp upgrade for a Ikon 1.3? It is originally 55W Halogen. What bulb should i upgrade to and what will it cost?
Old 17th January 2013, 11:10   #6842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Can anyone recommend a headlamp upgrade for a Ikon 1.3? It is originally 55W Halogen. What bulb should i upgrade to and what will it cost?
Request you to search the earlier posts in this thread, the options are already listed.

Refer to the following post for answer to your querry :

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There are few things you can do

1) Upgrade to other brands using stock wattage. Just replace the bulbs. No sweat. Expect a small improvement in visibility.
2) Upgrade to 100/90w bulbs. Best left to experts. You will need to install relays, ceramic holders and proper wiring. There is no cutting involved. It's just plug n play. Should cost around 1.2k to 1.5k.
3) HID's alone - Not recommended
4) HID's with projectors - This is expensive. The entire setup would start from 10k all the way upto 18 or 20k depending on the kit used.
Option 1 is to change the stock bulb to Philips XtremeVision or Osram NB+.
Old 17th January 2013, 12:34   #6843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have put the NB+ in my Brio. Helps a lot. See post #28 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-brio-v-2.html. I have a set of 3000K H11 HIDs for Fogs on order and expect them next month. I will first put them in the Civic and then if Ok, into the Brio. Getting good quality Ballasts is easier said than done.
Thank you so much sir. Actually i did read up on your post as well as other who have used the same bulbs. Will definitely go for the NB+ asap.

Old 17th January 2013, 12:38   #6844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Will Phillips Extreme Vision 60/55 or Osram Night Breakers 60/55 genuinely improve the intensity without affecting warranty, because the rating is the same?
I have Xtreme Vision on my brio ever for over 7 months now. Simple change of bulbs, no relay or cutting wires. Warranty stays intact. Visibility improves by 50%. Perfect for city drives.
arup.misra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:49   #6845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Request you to search the earlier posts in this thread, the options are already listed.
I've seen members stating that Ikon 1.3 does not in fact need relays, wiring or holders, because the ikon comes with an inbuilt relay for 100/90W and the wiring can handle it too. So this is something you may want to look into.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:51   #6846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Can anybody here, using philips rally 90/100, post pictures of low and hi beam on his ride. I currently have 4300k Halonix 90/100 bulbs, but my Dad want me to get yellow bulbs, aka stock light kinda color.

So, i am looking forward to rally. If any one can post pictures, then it would be a great help in deciding

Cheers,
Sameer
Can anyone help me on this,

I searched around but didn't got any satisfactory result.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 17th January 2013 at 22:57.
Old 18th January 2013, 10:30   #6847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help me on this,

I searched around but didn't got any satisfactory result.
I can do that tonight mate, but its difficult to get what you see on the camera, whether be it the intensity or the colour. However, I can assure you that the rallyes are not yellowish and are white. They arent tinted, but they are of the warm white spectrum. The halonix I had previously was yellowish compared to this. Scan back a few pages, I have posted a video of the rallys in my car.
Old 19th January 2013, 01:18   #6848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I can do that tonight mate, but its difficult to get what you see on the camera, whether be it the intensity or the colour. However, I can assure you that the rallyes are not yellowish and are white. They arent tinted, but they are of the warm white spectrum. The halonix I had previously was yellowish compared to this. Scan back a few pages, I have posted a video of the rallys in my car.
Thanks a lot, I got the video. Most probably, I will be changing to Philips rally this weekend.

Btw how much you paid for them ?

Thanks!
Old 19th January 2013, 09:19   #6849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I've seen members stating that Ikon 1.3 does not in fact need relays, wiring or holders, because the ikon comes with an inbuilt relay for 100/90W and the wiring can handle it too. So this is something you may want to look into.
Well Amit, I have not seen the Ikon closely to comment on this feature, but I seriously doubt that the car with 55W stock bulbs will be equipped with relays for 100/90W.

Fellow members Ilangop and Audiophile has done the upgrade to 100/90 with new harness relay and ceramic holders in their Ikon and have reported improvement over the stock bulbs. You may contact them for further details.
Old 19th January 2013, 11:39   #6850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Btw how much you paid for them ?

Thanks!
Paid Rs. 150 a bulb, but did not bargain. May have got it for a lesser price also. But the quality of the bulb is better than the halonix or such local brands. If you do a side by side comparison, you will make out the difference in terms of the filament, its mounting etc.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 12:21   #6851
Senior - BHPian

Changed my punto's headlamp bulbs to philips xtreme vision yesterday during second free service. During the short drive from the service centre to my home, I could notice a visible improvement in low beam compared to stock bulbs. Will have to really test with both high and low on a longer drive to confirm. The difference is surely not 100% as advertised on the pack. Also, found out that the bulbs are NOT made in china as thought by many, but are 'made in Poland'. The lettering around the pack I guess is in Japanese and not Chinese.
Old 19th January 2013, 16:22   #6852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Changed my punto's headlamp bulbs to philips xtreme vision yesterday during second free service.
Can you please let know from where did you purchase the bulbs and the cost.
Old 19th January 2013, 16:24   #6853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Well Amit, I have not seen the Ikon closely to comment on this feature, but I seriously doubt that the car with 55W stock bulbs will be equipped with relays for 100/90W.

Fellow members Ilangop and Audiophile has done the upgrade to 100/90 with new harness relay and ceramic holders in their Ikon and have reported improvement over the stock bulbs. You may contact them for further details.
Im yet to try this myself, but our member dhanushs has swapped the stock bulbs in his Ikon for 100/90 and is running them for over a year now..
Refer
Post 1
Post 2
Old 19th January 2013, 17:05   #6854
Senior - BHPian

@Amit : I have read the posts refered by you and I have no reason to contradict the opinion of Dhanush. Infact if you go down by a few posts on the same thread, you will find different opinion given by Condor. Incidentally both the distinguished members have Ikon in their garage.

I think you should consult with the SA at Ford who can really guide you properly.

Do share your findings for our knowledge.
Old 19th January 2013, 19:55   #6855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Im yet to try this myself, but our member dhanushs has swapped the stock bulbs in his Ikon for 100/90 and is running them for over a year now..]
Swapping directly does not necessarily mean your circuit and switches will be fried or the wiring will take a beating. The design is such a way that it can very welk withstand some extra current, whether or not there is a relay. If there is one reason that I went in for a relay, it was because I had to get rid of the load on the internal circuit, and provide a dedicated power supply to the headlamp. Theoretically, it will play a role in better illumination. And for those warranty issues, running a separate line will mean your internal circuit is not burdened by those extra watts. And this setup is completely reversible. The harness can be removed without any traces within a couple of minutes.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks