Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 17:09   #8326
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Last week end I drove my 8 months old Ertiga heavily in the night and coupled with Rains. The Stock bulbs were horrible. I was having tough time in negotiating rough roads and oncoming traffic. Please suggest a good upgrade along with options for Wipers as well. If i buy the relay and bulbs online, will the service center guys install the same. If not i need suggestions in Hyderabad/Kukatpally where I can get it done.

Thanks
If you are particular about the upgrade then look at Philips Rally 100/90 with Philips relays. You can get this installed at any accessories shop. Not a problem.

If you want to stick to stock setup then change to Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram NB+ (60/55W rating).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 17:18   #8327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last week end I drove my 8 months old Ertiga heavily in the night and coupled with Rains. The Stock bulbs were horrible. I was having tough time in negotiating rough roads and oncoming traffic. Please suggest a good upgrade along with options for Wipers as well. If i buy the relay and bulbs online, will the service center guys install the same. If not i need suggestions in Hyderabad/Kukatpally where I can get it done.

Thanks
I am on the same Set-up as Anurag mentions below since more than 6 months. To be honest, I will blame it on the reflector design as 90-100 makes things better in the Ertiga but not as good as it was in my WagonR with the same set-up.

Try adjusting the beam position for more focus as Ertiga's lights spread more than focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you are particular about the upgrade then look at Philips Rally 100/90 with Philips relays. You can get this installed at any accessories shop. Not a problem.

If you want to stick to stock setup then change to Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram NB+ (60/55W rating).

Anurag.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 13:40   #8328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am on the same Set-up as Anurag mentions below since more than 6 months. To be honest, I will blame it on the reflector design as 90-100 makes things better in the Ertiga but not as good as it was in my WagonR with the same set-up.

Try adjusting the beam position for more focus as Ertiga's lights spread more than focus.
Thanks Parag and Anurag. I will probably go for 90-100 then with Philips set up. Any suggestions on Wipers?
Old 31st July 2014, 14:02   #8329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag and Anurag. I will probably go for 90-100 then with Philips set up. Any suggestions on Wipers?
Get Bosch wipers. Silky smooth and no judder. See this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I also was thinking to change the stock H8 bulb in to H11 on my Ritz. Will this help me in increasing the illumination power of fog lamps?
This won't help in increasing illumination as the illumination depends on the output wattage. The holder design is very similar between the H8 and H11 bulbs and nothing else. I have used H11 since H8 was not in stock and found no difference in light output between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Of course both Philips Xtreme and Osram NB+ and very similar products, and different experiences of different users.
NB+ is almost white and can be a tad cumbersome while driving in the wet. The Xtreme Vision bulbs have a yellowish shade so they fare better in comparison with the NB+. This is from my personal experience.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st August 2014 at 13:25. Reason: Posts merged
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 14:20   #8330
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
In addition to the suggestions already from Anurag and Parag my two cents, if necessary, you can add something like Light Force aux lights. There are several brands in that space - Hella, Light Force, X Ray vision, Diamond, KC HiLites etc and a variety of options as well from colour of light to spread of light. Remember these are off roading or expeidition lighting and if used in the city can cause a blinding effect on the oncoming vehicles. Even on 2 lane highways I would recommend not using them.

However, the results are really good on a dark stretch of road and on 4 or 6 lane highways.

Th combination I have in my Ertiga is 90/100 Philips with Philips relay and a pair of Light Force. In the city the Light Force is covered (got a cover stitched by a neighborhood cobbler) and the hi beam for the 90/100 Philips head lamp is almost never used.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 10:24   #8331
BHPian

Here a picture recently posted by TRS on their FB page comparing the generic china Mini H1 projector with Morimoto Mini H1. The difference is clearly visible. FYI top one is generic and bottom one is Morimoto.
Image Source:- TRS FB Page
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-10499466_10152169707216881_6346069718368505196_o.jpg  

Old 1st August 2014, 11:26   #8332
Senior - BHPian

I loved the ambient lighting of the new Punto.

The beautiful ambient lighting is subtle and soothing.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fiatpuntoevo03.jpg

Wanted to know can this sort of lighting be done in the Wagon R dash (2012 model). Colour would be similar to complement the orange back light.

Also, what modifications would be needed, the approx. cost and a good installer in Thane(preferably).
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:41   #8333
Senior - BHPian

I have identified KC 120 Chrome Simlite, beam candle power 285000, 130 Watts for my Scorpio, the beam pattern is Long Range and seem to be around 400-450 meters, not sure. The best part seem to be the 23 year warranty, except the glass!
  1. Does anyone have experience with after sales of KC Lights in India? Do they deliver the warranty?
  2. Has anyone used the KC 120 to 127 series, more or less similar except in finish of black and chrome.
  3. What is the throw range of this, 400 or 500 meters.
Equal to Hella Rally 1000 (I have comet 500 on my ride now, have been using Hellas for the past 7 years) KC 120 is supposed to be better in build, throw and luminance. The Hella range prices have gone up by almost 50-100% recently. For one Hella Rally 1000 driving light was MRP 3750, now it is 6500, but still not as expensive as KC. If you know the dealer well, they can give discount of 15-25%.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 2nd August 2014 at 08:43.
Old 4th August 2014, 00:22   #8334
Distinguished - BHPian

27w, 9 led fog lamps in the Tucson.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140804_002111.png
Views: 1337
Size:  721.1 KB

Stock high beam
Name:  ForumRunner_20140804_002056.png
Views: 1232
Size:  643.3 KB
Old 5th August 2014, 21:44   #8335
Senior - BHPian

LED Headlight Conversion

I came across this site that offers LED Headlamp bulb conversion kits.

http://www.hidlighting.com.au/led-he...sion-kits.html

Is there anyone who has done this?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 6th August 2014, 01:02   #8336
BHPian

Re: LED Headlight Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I came across this site that offers LED Headlamp bulb conversion kits.

http://www.hidlighting.com.au/led-he...sion-kits.html

Is there anyone who has done this?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Seen some youtube videos showing detailed installation of this type of LEDs for main head lamps. Heat dissipation is important which requires cooling fans to be installed at the rear of headlamp casings. Cooling system should come as part of the conversion kit. Do a youtube search and you can get reviews of this type of LED conversion for headlamps.
Old 6th August 2014, 20:59   #8337
BHPian

Hey i am planning to upgrade my stock headlamps on my vw vento, but i am confused which one to go for? I do not want to void my warranty.

Also, can I install 90/100 W bulbs in them without changing the relays and hoising? will it effect the circuits any way?
Old 6th August 2014, 21:38   #8338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
Hey i am planning to upgrade my stock headlamps on my vw vento, but i am confused which one to go for? I do not want to void my warranty.

Also, can I install 90/100 W bulbs in them without changing the relays and hoising? will it effect the circuits any way?
Try "Philips - X-treme Vision" in case you do not make any modifications. Performace is good (not excellent) but life of the bulbs is relatively low from my experience.
Path_Finder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 21:43   #8339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Try "Philips - X-treme Vision" in case you do not make any modifications. Performace is good (not excellent) but life of the bulbs is relatively low from my experience.
how are the Osram NB+? based on the comments on this thread they are the most common.
Old 6th August 2014, 22:42   #8340
BHPian

Guys! I'm thinking of replacing the headlamp clusters on my Estilo as they have got a bit too cloudy/smoky.

Inquired for a set of new ones at an accessories shop in Opera House and he quoted Rs.3200/- for a single side headlamp (Original). I inquired for the duplicate ones and he said it would be some Rs.500 less. At the same time, also had put up a query at the MGP site http://www.mgp.co.in/ and in an hour or so got a call from Sai Service that they have it in stock, and cost Rs.3200/side (Same). This clears that its the MRP of original MGP headlamp.

But my question is, should I check out the duplicate ones too? If fairly cheaper, would it be wise to go for them?

Below is the current state of my headlamps.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20140720_124639.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by nishantdlv : 6th August 2014 at 22:45.

Most Viewed