Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:32   #8491
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Urgent help required:

My headlight relay's (Philips) fuse holder is getting heated up extensively, it has started to melt, fuse is fine, even headlights are working fine with 100/90 philips rally. What might be the issue? Will replacing only the fuse holder help?

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:37   #8492
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
Urgent help required:

My headlight relay's (Philips) fuse holder is getting heated up extensively, it has started to melt, fuse is fine, even headlights are working fine with 100/90 philips rally. What might be the issue? Will replacing only the fuse holder help?

Thanks.
Look at the wiring once, you may need to get a better wiring to cope up with the extra current / power that the headlights demand.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 11:03   #8493
BHPian

Had been to market enquiring Phillips XV or NB+ or NB Unlimited. Found that Phillips XV has discontinued supply. Hence bought Ring Xenon Ultima as recommeded by a trader at JC Road. Went through quick review of Ring Xenon Ultima on mobile and purchased immediately.

The light throw is far, the light is scattered a bit & lights up trees along the road. It has a tinge of white and not actually white, but whitish yellow. Over all it inspires night driving with confidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1412400577870.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1412400622560.jpg  

HighOctane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 12:50   #8494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Hence bought Ring Xenon Ultima as recommeded by a trader at JC Road.
Hi HighOctane,
How much did that pair of H4 cost you? Please give me details of he shop on JC Road.

I have a query for all the members here.
I own a Renault Duster, which has separate bulbs in the dual barrel headlamp housing.
Is it advisable to have both high beam and low beam bulbs (H1 and H7 I assume) replaced with such high performance bulbs?

Last edited by sumeshmani : 4th October 2014 at 12:55.
Old 4th October 2014, 16:08   #8495
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
The light throw is far, the light is scattered a bit & lights up trees along the road. It has a tinge of white and not actually white, but whitish yellow. Over all it inspires night driving with confidence.
Hi buddy,

The lights look good on spread wise, can you please share the price for a pair?

If you don't mind can you post 1 picture in low beam, 1 in high beam when the car is in standstill?

Thanks,

Anurag.
Old 5th October 2014, 08:37   #8496
BHPian

I am planning to change bulbs in my 2014 polo with double barrel setup. First of all does anyone know the specs is it H4 and H7. As for H4 would like to go for Philips XV. But experience with 130 and 90 has been amazing in 2003 Zen and Scorpio respectively. I want to stay within 4700K band to ensure maximum visibility. Any suggestions.
Old 9th October 2014, 23:29   #8497
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to know if the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs are illegal on our roads ? Reason I am asking is because I read its white light instead of the yellowish color on stock H4 bulbs

Same with Philips extreme.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 10th October 2014, 00:19   #8498
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Just wanted to know if the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs are illegal on our roads ? Reason I am asking is because I read its white light instead of the yellowish color on stock H4 bulbs

It is not illegal though, I did use it for a while on my Ritz and Swift as well.

It is good for non-rainy days buy during rainy the white light isn't helping much. Hence I am now on Philips Xtreme Vision.

Anurag.
Old 10th October 2014, 00:41   #8499

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Guys any advise for head lights replacement on a Fiesta classic? Any recommended shops in Pune?
I searched a lot in pune...eventually i got bulbs in Mumbai...also...my mechanic said fiesta has built in relay wiring...so i fit 100w hella bulbs without new relay wiring..On stock wiring and its running fine..
Old 10th October 2014, 07:11   #8500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is not illegal though, I did use it for a while on my Ritz and Swift as well.

It is good for non-rainy days buy during rainy the white light isn't helping much. Hence I am now on Philips Xtreme Vision.

Anurag.
Yes, its not illegal but visibility is very bad when it rains.
Old 11th October 2014, 17:56   #8501
BHPian

Yesterday by a freak coincidence there was a fuse in one tail lamp bulb in both our M800 and Polo, within a span of some 12 hours. Today I called OSL Topsia to book an appointment for the Polo (apparently even these small jobs need one). On enquiry I was told the price of the part was Rs 150. Separately, I went out to buy a replacement bulb for the Maruti -- it was Rs 10. Some difference ! Also, the VW service centre is about 9 km away so thats another Rs 100 in fuel cost + guessing the labour will be about Rs 50.
The electric shop from where I got the Maruti bulb was barely 100 metres away and I walked.

Total damages for replacing a fused bulb
-- For Polo = Rs 300/-
-- For Maruti = Rs 10/-

Old 11th October 2014, 18:01   #8502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
On enquiry I was told the price of the part was Rs 150. Separately, I went out to buy a replacement bulb for the Maruti -- it was Rs 10. Some difference ! Also, the VW service centre is about 9 km away so thats another Rs 100 in fuel cost + guessing the labour will be about Rs 50.
The electric shop from where I got the Maruti bulb was barely 100 metres away and I walked.

-- For Polo = Rs 300/-
-- For Maruti = Rs 10/-
That is considerable difference. But isn't it that tail lamp bulbs are mostly generic? Or is it that VW uses custom-made bulbs? Can you please post the picture of both bulbs; even the older failed ones would suffice for comparison.
Old 11th October 2014, 18:07   #8503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
-- For Polo = Rs 300/-
-- For Maruti = Rs 10/-
What was the fused bulb changed from the image below:

If it was no. 7, the fog or reverse lamp bulb, then Rs. 300 sounds about right. The others are cheap.
Old 11th October 2014, 19:53   #8504
BHPian

Need specs for Polo double barrel lamps is it H1+H7?
Old 11th October 2014, 20:16   #8505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Need specs for Polo double barrel lamps is it H1+H7?
Both seem to be H7 going by the link here - Volkswagen Workshop Manuals - Polo Mk5

Pop up your bonnet, remove the rubber protection caps and have a look yourself. Just to be sure before placing the order/purchasing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks