Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 11:14   #2596
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Does the MiY app accept only full payments? How does one arrange financing / loan via the app?
Old 17th February 2021, 11:19   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I booked the baker express last week, timeline quoted is 2 months waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
The wait time is 30-60 days if you make your booking at the showroom. You can get it sooner if you book through RE's MiY app. I booked my GT650 on the MiY website and got delivery within 10 days. Just took delivery last week from Acclaim Motors, Yelahanka. Make sure you add the touring seat if you're booking through the MiY app.
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, my friend just booked the bike last evening. Dealer has said that the official lead time is 30-60 days due to the current stock situation but depending on when and how RE are planning production people get the bikes within two weeks as well. So I suppose now we will just have to wait and watch.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 11:23   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshKanna View Post
The dealer is having a bike of Nov 2020 manufacturing.
Is it a new bike or a demo bike? I would personally stay away from it - unless you're getting a really really good deal and have made sure that there's nothing wrong with the bike.

If it's been sitting around for 4 months there's plenty that can go wrong which may not be immediately apparent.

For a bike that has a waiting period of 1 - 2 months, I don't understand why would the dealer have stock from almost 4 months ago. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 12:14   #2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post

For a bike that has a waiting period of 1 - 2 months, I don't understand why would the dealer have stock from almost 4 months ago.
The bike is on display in his showroom. Manufacturing date is November 2020. The bike was received by the dealer by January 2021. There's a sticker on the back number plate which says the same . I also had a look at the chasis number and it's "M" which I suppose is for 2021. I am confused!
Old 17th February 2021, 14:11   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshKanna View Post
The bike is on display in his showroom. Manufacturing date is November 2020. The bike was received by the dealer by January 2021. There's a sticker on the back number plate which says the same . I also had a look at the chasis number and it's "M" which I suppose is for 2021. I am confused!
Rajesh, with so much doubt why take a chance on this bike with your hard earned money. As someone else also mentioned, since there is a long waiting period how come this bike is lying around. November 2020, received by the dealer in January 2021, obvious paint issues, simply AVOID it to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 14:55   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
Good to know you've made up your mind. It's only been a few days since I took delivery and I've been riding to the airport and back (~45kms) every morning to complete the running-in period. I did notice some uneasiness with my wrist on the first day. This disappeared when I rode with my back straight and knees closer to the tank. I also re-positioned the clutch & brake levers to angle slightly downwards so that my fingers are in a straight line with my shoulders when I reach for the levers. My guess is, people who post reviews about wrist pain probably slouch while riding.
For Continental GT 650 owners, just follow what Continental GT 535 owners have been doing
- Arched back
- Loose arms
- Grab the tank with your knees while braking (not widely followed by 535 owners due to the vibey nature of the bike)

Once you get used to it, you will wonder how you were riding bikes with other seating postures for all these years!

The angling of the levers down so that it is naturally in a straight line between the three points of your shoulders, the handlebar and the levers is a great thing to follow. It is not possible on the Continental GT 535 with standard mirrors, because the way the mirror holder is built, you can only see the clouds if you follow the setup.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 17:04   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
Does the MiY app accept only full payments? How does one arrange financing / loan via the app?
The MiY app is only for the booking amount of 10k. The remaining amount with/ without financing would be done at the showroom. You can discuss this with the salesperson. Just pay them a visit and tell them you would be booking via the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
For Continental GT 650 owners, just follow what Continental GT 535 owners have been doing
- Arched back
- Loose arms
- Grab the tank with your knees while braking (not widely followed by 535 owners due to the vibey nature of the bike)

Once you get used to it, you will wonder how you were riding bikes with other seating postures for all these years!

The angling of the levers down so that it is naturally in a straight line between the three points of your shoulders, the handlebar and the levers is a great thing to follow. It is not possible on the Continental GT 535 with standard mirrors, because the way the mirror holder is built, you can only see the clouds if you follow the setup.
Thanks Neil. Will try the arched back. Agree with the loose arms & knees close to the tank. Regarding the mirrors on the GT535, I'm guessing a bar-end mirror would solve the problem of angling the levers.
Old 18th February 2021, 07:23   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
So today evening took the delivery of RE Interceptor 650. The Ravishing Lady comes home.
First of all, Congratulations. Wishing many many miles on this beast.

Could you let me know the update they have given about the registration formalities?

I got mine from the same showroom, on Jan 4th. But till now, RTO formalities have not been done. Whenever I call them up (and the rare occasion that they choose to respond), I get some lame response. Sometimes it is a. Discussions on-going between RE & RTO on the reg amount with respect to the hiked prices. b. We do all registrations in bulk so it will take another week. c. The guy in the pic, Ravi, the Manager, he said he will personally look into it & get it done by 16th Feb, which was two days back. No response to calls after that.

I brought up the point that as per rules, registration should be done within a month of invoice? To which he said that is for vehicles with TR number, mine is a TC number. Whatever that is.

While this has not stopped me from doing almost 3500 kms, including a Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore trip , should I be genuinely worried?

Any one else faced this issue. Need some help here. Am I being paranoid? Because 2 days back a traffic cop stopped me and asked about the number plate. I told him its a new bike and am waiting for the registration, surprisingly he let me go ( maybe because me & wife were in full riding gear ).
Marias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 08:10   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
First of all, Congratulations. Wishing many many miles on this beast.

Could you let me know the update they have given about the registration formalities?

I got mine from the same showroom, on Jan 4th. But till now, RTO formalities have not been done. Whenever I call them up (and the rare occasion that they choose to respond), I get some lame response. Sometimes it is a. Discussions on-going between RE & RTO on the reg amount with respect to the hiked prices. b. We do all registrations in bulk so it will take another week. c. The guy in the pic, Ravi, the Manager, he said he will personally look into it & get it done by 16th Feb, which was two days back. No response to calls after that.

I brought up the point that as per rules, registration should be done within a month of invoice? To which he said that is for vehicles with TR number, mine is a TC number. Whatever that is.

While this has not stopped me from doing almost 3500 kms, including a Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore trip , should I be genuinely worried?

Any one else faced this issue. Need some help here. Am I being paranoid? Because 2 days back a traffic cop stopped me and asked about the number plate. I told him its a new bike and am waiting for the registration, surprisingly he let me go ( maybe because me & wife were in full riding gear ).
Great to hear from you and finding a company.

Regarding the Registration process, he said it would be done in a weeks time. They were to submit the docs for Registration yesterday (17th Feb). I'm planning to pick up some riding gear from the store this weekend and would now do a detailed inquiry on this topic. If you have time, would request you to join in.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:49   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- Arched back
- Loose arms
I have tried doing this all and can only do the first two things properly, grabbing the tank with your knees is impossible for shorter guys, I am 6'3 so i can kinda hug the tank but it is still uncomfortable doing that.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 11:26   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
I took delivery on Feb 8 and experienced a delay from the showroom as well regarding the RTO challan. I followed up everyday with them only to find out there was a genuine problem with the servers being unavailable so they were unable to make the payment online. However, this was sorted the fourth day and the rep promptly sent me the RTO challan in pdf. This happened last week and I've received my number yesterday on sms.

But in your case you mentioned Jan 4 which is a really long time and it seems they haven't even made your payment to the RTO yet. I don't buy the whole 'we make payments in bulk' theory because all payments are online now and going by the payment receipt he sent me, it appears these are paid individually in each customer's name by one of their back-end office personnel. Dealing with them in person would be better than a phone call.
silentstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 23:03   #2607
BHPian

Re: Battery or RR Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Hope this video helps. This is a startup sequence on my bike. There is a delay of a second for the battery light to go out. If the starter motor turns without a struggle and the bike cranks, your battery is good.

https://Youtu.be/0tL8zS1LAxE
Hey would it be possible for you(or anyone for that matter) to send a similar video but only when the bike is warmed up with ignition after the sweep is done?
It would also be great if you could add a closeup of the brass screws on each sides' throttle body (photo attached for reference). I think mine are not calibrated properly and hence having idle rpm issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-22.jpg  

rituj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 00:47   #2608
BHPian

In my Interceptor, the brass screws are turned all the way in. It came from the factory like that. When I attempted to fiddle with it, the RPM raised above the recommended 1200rpm and I reverted them to the previous position. I would say unless you have already fiddled with them leave it as it is. If you really want to get the calibrated on your own then the proper way would be to get a vacuum gauge and balance the throttle bodies.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th February 2021 at 05:43. Reason: Typo
corvus corax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 10:00   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Re: Battery or RR Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Hey would it be possible for you(or anyone for that matter) to send a similar video but only when the bike is warmed up with ignition after the sweep is done?
Some pictures of the throttle body assembly and rpm of a warm engine. ~1250 to 1300 rpm.
Can you elaborate a bit on idle rpm issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210220_172120.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210220_172358.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210220_172101.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20210220_173332.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 20th February 2021 at 10:07.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 10:21   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
In my Interceptor, the brass screws are turned all the way in. It came from the factory like that. When I attempted to fiddle with it, the RPM raised above the recommended 1200rpm and I reverted them to the previous position. I would say unless you have already fiddled with them leave it as it is. If you really want to get the calibrated on your own then the proper way would be to get a vacuum gauge and balance the throttle bodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Some pictures of the throttle body assembly and rpm of a warm engine. ~1250 to 1300 rpm.
Can you elaborate a bit on idle rpm issue?
Thanks a lot guys.

Actually i suddenly started having startup issues on a warm engine. The bike would struggle to start and die at around 600rpm (sometimes would start and go to 1200 as expected).
I showed it to the service centre and the guy didn't know what else to do so he loosened these screws on both sides and now it's working fine but I feel that something else might be the issue here. I don't know what these screws do to be honest. Would be great to know what the actual issue might be and what these screws do?

Mod Note : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st February 2021 at 03:53. Reason: See mod note
rituj is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks