Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2014, 19:57   #6541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVP View Post
I'm terribly confused. Infact, I'm stuck. I just cannot make up my mind here.
I've booked the XUV 500 W8, signed papers, even given the token amount. I really do love the car. But I'm afraid of being stranded somewhere in the wild (without help!)

Let me bullet my fears out:
  • Rants of XUV 500 owners - makes it look like the vehicle has to be at the workshop every week!
  • Failed braking experiences - not sure if Mahindra has genuinely sorted this out
  • Niggles - plastic parts, a weak music system and front brake rattle etc
My question is - am I putting my 16 odd lakh in something that would only look good for a while?
I would really like some guidance here!
I'm not quite sure of what I should do
I was in same confusion a month back. After going through many ownership thread and XUV travelogue i went for it.

Trust me am loving every bit of it. Whatever niggles people has faced are very minor in nature and nothing that can't be solved.

On safe side go for W6. Less electricals less chances of niggles.

You won't repent surely.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 20:03   #6542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Not yet. I am waiting for them to get back to me on this. Will check and update here
Mahindra technician spent 2 hours on my vehicle yesterday trying to fix this but they could not. They are going to take this up with Mahindra and will get back to me soon
Old 21st September 2014, 23:54   #6543
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
I really do love the car. But I'm afraid of being stranded somewhere in the wild (without help!)
Yes one should be worried, if any other car is available with this much features in this price range, to take you to wild Breakdown can happen to any vehicle right? I know two occasions, my extended family members stranded in the middle of night with kids with there Innova. One had diesel injector/pump failure and another had some electrical/alternator issue. Does that make Innova bad? The same relative is now owning his 3rd Innova !

Quote:
[*]Rants of XUV 500 owners - makes it look like the vehicle has to be at the workshop every week![*]Failed braking experiences - not sure if Mahindra has genuinely sorted this out[*]Niggles - plastic parts, a weak music system and front brake rattle etc[/list]My question is - am I putting my 16 odd lakh in something that would only look good for a while?
My W8 is less than 2 month old with 3000+ km. Never a need came for me to go to workshop, which is just 2km away from my home.

When vehicle was new, braking experience was very bad. But after running-in, the braking is very good (came with BOSCH pads).

Audio quality is subjective; for the kind of music I hear, it is of decent quality from an OEM system to me. It is not pathetic, in a way I need to upgrade right away. (BTW, I had spent 30k on just speaker upgrade on my Punto when it was new)

I too like the car and if given a second chance, will go for W8-AWD version.

Last edited by Twiny : 21st September 2014 at 23:59.
Twiny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:33   #6544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
OK, any feedback about this SC ?
Didnt use SM workshop after times 4 years ago when didnt do a good job with my Scorpio. So no idea.

Quote:
I'm terribly confused. Infact, I'm stuck. I just cannot make up my mind here.
I've booked the XUV 500 W8, signed papers, even given the token amount. I really do love the car. But I'm afraid of being stranded somewhere in the wild (without help!)

Let me bullet my fears out:
  • Rants of XUV 500 owners - makes it look like the vehicle has to be at the workshop every week!
  • Failed braking experiences - not sure if Mahindra has genuinely sorted this out
  • Niggles - plastic parts, a weak music system and front brake rattle etc
My question is - am I putting my 16 odd lakh in something that would only look good for a while?
It all depends on what car you are driving now. XUV is a great value for money. If you frequently go on long drives, then go for the cruise control model or else your knee will be cursing you (like my weak knees and ligaments) If you can afford it and occasionally go for the off road tracks, then get the AWD.
Honestly the audio system in my W4 is real good. Not sure about W6 or W8

The service center is what makes or breaks your pleasure in owning the vehicle. My XUV went to the service center 3 times out of regular service because they didnt fix the minor niggles properly during regular service. Luckily I had the time and service center nearby.

Just cross your fingers and dive into the experience that is mahindra service
balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:49   #6545
SVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Go for it. You will not repent your decision. Xuv built pre Nov 2013 had many issues with respect to electricals, brakes etc. Mahindra has fixed all those in Nov 2013. Xuv's that you get these days are free of those defects. It comes with 3 year standard warranty and 2 years extended warranty giving you complete piece of mind.

It is a great vehicle to drive around.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Thanks for the assurance gpriyesh! I'm going in for the 2 year extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post

On safe side go for W6. Less electricals less chances of niggles.

You won't repent surely.
I was previously considering the W6 but quite a number of folks told me that the additional airbags + Alloys ( tyretronics) cannot be an after market fitment hence I decided to go this route. Your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post

My W8 is less than 2 month old with 3000+ km. Never a need came for me to go to workshop, which is just 2km away from my home.

When vehicle was new, braking experience was very bad. But after running-in, the braking is very good (came with BOSCH pads).

Audio quality is subjective; for the kind of music I hear, it is of decent quality from an OEM system to me. It is not pathetic, in a way I need to upgrade right away. (BTW, I had spent 30k on just speaker upgrade on my Punto when it was new)

I too like the car and if given a second chance, will go for W8-AWD version.
Sweet! This does sound good to me. The brakes were giving me some sleepless nights but the positive reviews seem to be working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post

It all depends on what car you are driving now. XUV is a great value for money. If you frequently go on long drives, then go for the cruise control model or else your knee will be cursing you (like my weak knees and ligaments) If you can afford it and occasionally go for the off road tracks, then get the AWD.
Honestly the audio system in my W4 is real good. Not sure about W6 or W8

Just cross your fingers and dive into the experience that is mahindra service
Thanks a ton Balan! I'm currently driving the Vento TDI, and it's an absolute delight, however, there are times when I wish I could just have a machine that could take me places ( like Leh! ) and while owning an SUV has been a dream for, I want to make sure I don't miss anything important. I'm picking up the car from Bhasin motors ( Delhi) They've been alright till now. Though I plan to get it serviced from another authorized dealer in Noida ( I work in Noida, makes it easier)

Quick Question here : Is there a way to replace the plastics? There's been quite some talk about them not living up to the mark
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:41   #6546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the assurance gpriyesh! I'm going in for the 2 year extended warranty.
Quick Question here : Is there a way to replace the plastics? There's been quite some talk about them not living up to the mark
there is no way to replace plastics. All you could do is to add some sticker sheets to the area you want or go in for a "aluminium" or "carbon-fibre" or "wodden" effected plastic sheets. They will be stuck on the dashboard and can be cut to any shape you want.

Personal opinion - Wodden looks cheap - Aluminium looks classy.
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:44   #6547
Distinguished - BHPian

I received a mail from the Service Manager at Muktar Automobiles, Goa on behalf of Mahindra & Mahindra regarding my query on the pick up and drop charges.

They have clarified that pick up and drop facility is free for purple club members. So guys, please rev up if someone asks you for pick up and drop charges.

I was pretty impressed with the proactive approach and the pulsing positive attitude in his reply mail.
Attaching a screen shot of the mail and also copy pasting the message below:

Quote:
"Dear sir
We acknowledge with thanks receipt of your email dated 19th September 2014 regarding your above mentioned vehicle.
we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to your good self-due to the reported matter.

We would like to mention that an active feedback from our esteemed Customers such as your good self helps us to continuously improve our operations and provide our Customers with the highest quality of service support.
Please be assured that we have already initiated the necessary corrective measures on top priority at our end and no ever efforts are ever spared in this direction.

In the present situation, would like to mention That the PICK & DROP charges were wrongly informed to you ,
since we Do charge for Our Bolero and Other segments of vehicle & Since Our staff representative Is New was not aware of the fact that we Do not charge for Our XUV customers ,since they are covered Under purple club .

In view of the above, we once again apologize for the annoyance that this may have caused to you and would request you to view to the reported matter in isolation and not a representation of the Services we endeavor to offer our Customers.

Please do feel free to contact the undersigned for any Future assistance whenever required .

While assuring you of our best After sales support, we look forward to serve you as our valued Customer for years to come.

Warm regards

Dattatraya/Saeesh S. Gaitonde
Service Manager
For.Muktar Automobiles Pvt.Ltd.
Mobile+918888886520
E Mail- saeesh@smgworld.in"
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-untitled.png

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 22nd September 2014 at 16:46.
dhanushmenon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:57   #6548
Senior - BHPian

Got my 50K service done today. Apart from 50K service, i had front driver side suspension issue. As i had reported earlier that there was this noise coming out from front suspension when going over speed breakers or potholes, i came to know that the front driver side shocker had gone for a toss, so it was replaced under Warranty. Also i had some noise coming from AC belts, so that too were replaced under warranty and not to forget that my rear parking sensors stopped working so that too got replaced/fixed under warranty.

Which makes me think that i need to have extended warranty for 4/5th year asap.

BTW: Whats does Auto Tensioner means? This was replaced too though i was not charged at all.

Last edited by nitinralli : 22nd September 2014 at 22:58.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:03   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post

1. I'm getting a creaking sound from behind the dash, maybe from the front suspension...whenever the car goes over a bump. Quite annoying. The technician came and saw and couldn't fix it. Now I've been called to the service center, which I can do only next week.
Hi, I am facing the same sound from behind the dash. Once it's solved please let me know how did they do it.
Old 28th September 2014, 21:21   #6550
Distinguished - BHPian

An acquaintance of mine who is in discussion with Anant cars Bangalore for XUV was informed by the sales person that M&M is planning to drop three features from W8 -
1. Third row reading lamps.
2. Camping light.
3. Umbrella holder.

As per the sales person a communication regarding this has come from M&M to dealers, when my friend asked the letter to be shown to him the sales guy backed out (understandable).

Any one has information about this.
Old 29th September 2014, 11:15   #6551
BHPian

^^ I also heard from my friend, that Mahindra is planning to remove Camping lights and follow me lamp lights etc too to bring down the price. But not sure which variant he was talking about.
Old 29th September 2014, 12:10   #6552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
An acquaintance of mine who is in discussion with Anant cars Bangalore for XUV was informed by the sales person that M&M is planning to drop three features from W8 -
1. Third row reading lamps.
2. Camping light.
3. Umbrella holder.

As per the sales person a communication regarding this has come from M&M to dealers, when my friend asked the letter to be shown to him the sales guy backed out (understandable).

Any one has information about this.
Quite surprising. How much difference can they bring excluding these 3 features.

And if I am not wrong it's time when XUV facelift is in the making and will be launched in first quarter next year.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:04   #6553
BHPian

Guys, just wanted to drop a line. My car had recently gone for its 60k service and alongside I decided to shell the 23k for extended warranty. Just got a call back from the ASS that M&M has decided to give the 4th yr warranty to me FOC, so the ASS will be issuing a part refund of around 6k back to me and only charge for the 5th.

Super happy to get this news! M&M does make the little things count!
AGwagon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 20:03   #6554
BHPian

Folks,

Any update on discount offers on XUV W8 in Bangalore? Is there a separate thread for offers?

Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 01:07   #6555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam View Post
Folks,

Any update on discount offers on XUV W8 in Bangalore? Is there a separate thread for offers?

Thanks
Here you go:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-328.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks