Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2015, 09:55   #7006
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

In reply to various people,
The XUV is a highway hero offroad zero (At least the W4 that I have)
Rajavenu
Considering your postings, suggest go for a scorpio 4WD. You wouldnt have much issues with servicing onsiderin MM has a service enter even in Andamans. Or if the car is for the missus and messes, then go for a proper car. I would love to explore a few restricted areas in Manipur for its wildlife and birdlife.
Fiesta:
Consider a Scoripio 4WD for your bhutan drives. Does the Scorpio have a low ratio gear for the 4WD or is it similar to an AWD like the XUV? If there is not much difference between the 4WD of a scorpio and AWD of a XUV, then you go for a XUV.

Sbala/Others: Compared to the new scorpio / XUV body roll is less. Infact XUV handles really well in the highways in high speeds and fast straight stretches. It is in the pot holed / speed breakered roads like Bangalore Mysore Ooty roads, the thuds of the shocks are more than the body roll. Real stiff.
Old 7th February 2015, 19:49   #7007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Sbala/Others: Compared to the new scorpio / XUV body roll is less. Infact XUV handles really well in the highways in high speeds and fast straight stretches. It is in the pot holed / speed breakered roads like Bangalore Mysore Ooty roads, the thuds of the shocks are more than the body roll. Real stiff.
Exactly. And thanks to XUV's bushes and JK tyres, bumps gets more harsh.
Old 7th February 2015, 20:31   #7008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Body roll in XUV is very less. My in-laws own a Xylo and i know how bad it is. My main concern was the thuds that you mentioned. I own a Fiesta aka Classic. It has a stiff suspension. But its very planted on highway. You wont jump when you hit potholes on high speed. But this is the not the case with XUV. Now, i am confused whether Fiesta's suspension setup is Stiff or XUV's one is stiff
Old 7th February 2015, 23:29   #7009
BHPian

Do we have choice of what tyres come on cheetah especially in my case (CSD purchase) when I give the order to the dealer, the dealer places the order to M&M and a cheetah is either produced after the order and my name tagged to the VIN or M&M sends one from the factory stockyard.

If assuming I specify that I do not want a particular brand of tyres which OEM is giving can my request be fulfilled.

I am asking this because when I bought my first car an Indica 12 years ago the dealer asked me what brand of tyres I wanted " GoodYear or Ceat" and make of AC "Behr or Sanden" I got the car shod with GoodYear tyres and Behr AC as I specified.
Any comments??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Body roll in XUV is very less. My in-laws own a Xylo and i know how bad it is. My main concern was the thuds that you mentioned. I own a Fiesta aka Classic. It has a stiff suspension. But its very planted on highway. You wont jump when you hit potholes on high speed. But this is the not the case with XUV. Now, i am confused whether Fiesta's suspension setup is Stiff or XUV's one is stiff
I presume Bodyroll is albeit more to do with CG of the vehicle than suspension although suspension also plays a very important part. The higher the vehicle from the ground more perceptible is the Bodyroll, but this is not always true as Volvo buses have negligible body roll compared to most sedans in market today probably because of better suspension system.

A stiffer suspension will give a bouncier ride i.e you will feel the road and your fiesta feels more planted on highways due to lower CG.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th February 2015 at 21:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 12th February 2015, 12:30   #7010
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, the local dealership has been calling me and telling that there is a price increase coming up for SUVs by mid feb time frame. I plan to buy but still not 100% decided by when. Has anyone heard something similar?
Old 12th February 2015, 12:38   #7011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, the local dealership has been calling me and telling that there is a price increase coming up for SUVs by mid feb time frame. I plan to buy but still not 100% decided by when. Has anyone heard something similar?
I feel you should wait for the facelift version of XUV. It will be launched in couple of months for sure. Trust me it will be worth a wait with few new features, exterior interior changes and most importantly a new dashboard.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 14:54   #7012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I feel you should wait for the facelift version of XUV. It will be launched in couple of months for sure. Trust me it will be worth a wait with few new features, exterior interior changes and most importantly a new dashboard.
Yes. The launch looks to be nearing. Indain autos Blog has posted some pictures and says the launch will later this year.

The Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/m...t-spied-167517
Old 13th February 2015, 01:30   #7013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Yes. The launch looks to be nearing. Indain autos Blog has posted some pictures and says the launch will later this year.

The Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/m...t-spied-167517
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

Beat the dealership with their own stick. They will be clamoring for your attention in March when they have year end targets to meet. Combine that with the new facelift to be launched, they have to push existing stocks. maybe that's what they are doing now, trying to browbeat you with the threat of price increase. Tell them you have a friend working in MM and he has confirmed the launch of XUV Facelift in a couple of months, ask for a hefty discount as anyway they will be offering good discounts for in stock vehicles once the new model gets launched (Unless they have very limited stock on hand). Nothing like giving them a bit of their own medicine.
balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 11:49   #7014

hello all!

can anyone help me with a picture of the vacuum tank installed in the XUV.

thanks.
Old 14th February 2015, 13:47   #7015
ISO
BANNED

I want to share experience of my recent test drive of XUV500. Clutch was grabbing instead of progressive release. Worst part, after 15 min test drive my left knee started paining because of hard clutch.
Old 15th February 2015, 13:36   #7016
BHPian

It is a well know fact that XUV is a highway cruiser and can easily take on any type of roads. Just wanted to know whether AWD version makes a big difference in comparison to FWD versions and the query is specific while exploring North East. Often have read the treacherous roads of North East in TBHP Travelogues. Do not mind investing in AWD if it is worth to explore those areas and if a FWD can manage, will settle with FWD W8. Seek experts view on this. TIA
Old 16th February 2015, 06:57   #7017
BHPian

Specifically for those in Chennai: Did any of you have any interference from anyone (politicians, etc.) for owning a White XUV?
Old 16th February 2015, 08:42   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Specifically for those in Chennai: Did any of you have any interference from anyone (politicians, etc.) for owning a White XUV?
Lol
Only somebody from Chennai can appreciate this question.
Care to elaborate on the context? Or what happened?
Old 16th February 2015, 14:56   #7019
BHPian

Quote:
Why so? I was having my eye on XUV500 w6 till I settled down for Honda City iDtec in Aug 2014 for various reasons. I don't think politics in TN has become so bad till date that some politician may not like common man owning an SUV / XUV. Did you have any such issue?

Last edited by Seran Manian : 16th February 2015 at 14:57.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 15:07   #7020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know people owing White XUVs and White Scorpios. None of them have been disturbed in any way. They are common people and do not sport any polictical / police / goon related stickers / posters. Neither have they any political related content. They just buckle up, follow rules and drive.

I dont think anyone with "contacts" would bother us, as long as we mind our own business and not provoke him (including simple honking, even if he is erring).

Please share the incident. I am eager to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Why so? I was having my eye on XUV500 w6 till I settled down for Honda City iDtec in Aug 2014 for various reasons. I don't think politics in TN has become so bad till date that some politician may not like common man owning an SUV / XUV. Did you have any such issue?
Absolutely - Sales to "connected" people would be say a maximum of 5% at the greatest. The remaining 95% sales comes from the general public only. I dont think any influential person should have jealousy on owning an XUV. There are so many XUV owners who are common man, so would he be having enough time to quarel / threaten every XUV owner? Highly unlikely.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 16th February 2015 at 15:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks