Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 13:27   #7276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Switch on the navigator. Go to Menu>Maps>About will show the version. Mine is v 8.0. The 2014 models have v 8.1.

Yes, my XUV 500 W8 has express down on the driver's side window.
Thank you sir Any idea on the Hardware and Software version of the Infotainment system.

Somewhere in this thread, I have read that holding Mute and Seek >> button simultaneously will show the versions. Is it right?
Old 20th May 2015, 13:50   #7277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Enjoy and drive safe...and be sure to visit Naukuchiatal if you have the time, it is pretty close to Bhimtal.

I being from Nainital just thought would share some pointers
Thanks a lot for the suggestion and will surely visit Naukuchiatal since I will be staying for two days in Bhimtal and will have time.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:26   #7278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Any idea on the Hardware and Software version of the Infotainment system.

Somewhere in this thread, I have read that holding Mute and Seek >> button simultaneously will show the versions. Is it right?
Yes. It's right. Though sometimes it'll require 3-4 attempts due to timing issues to simultaneously press 2 buttons
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 16:19   #7279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Yes. It's right. Though sometimes it'll require 3-4 attempts due to timing issues to simultaneously press 2 buttons
Thanks TheIndian While taking delivery today, will check that. 1 more hour to go, waiting for that exiting moment
Old 20th May 2015, 22:56   #7280
BHPian

During this summer's (albeit more rain than monsoon) drives through different forests of Mudumalai, Bandipur, Nagarhole, Tholpetty, for our nature camps, the rats finally got to eat / rest in my engine bay for the rainy night at Tholpetty. Luckily they chewed off just the ac compressor wire. Nothing else was damaged / short circuited. Got it rectified after reaching Bangalore today, got one year extended warranty at Rs. 13483 just before I touched 50K km. Done 47.5 km in a year and 2 months. The main advantage of this vehicle is my wife has learnt to travel with less luggage, booted off my inlaws to their car (a honda city dtec bought on the same date) gives a mileage of around 12 when driven at 100Kmph and 14 at 80kmph. Braking is good. Handles rough roads easily but needs rear wheel drive at some slippery slope spots. Good under thigh support for the seats. Good to drive at high speeds. But have been restricting my speeds lately for mileage.

The last row seats are a last ditch option to seat the 6th or 7th passenger. As my kids have grown tall and were initially used to more spacious seats in Scorpio / Innova, they dont prefer to sit in the last row.

The XUV is more of a bull than a cheetah. I dont see a connection between the cheetah and the XUV design. The scorpio was a buffalo whereas XUV is more like a bull or a Gaur.

If only the new versions will have a movable middle seat, blowers for middle row linked to the rear AC, (preferably roof mounted like innova) easy to access to the last row, the XUV would be a wholesome package aka value for money.

Last edited by balan : 20th May 2015 at 23:10. Reason: Submitted without completing my post
Old 20th May 2015, 23:55   #7281

Breakup of 120000 as per gurgaon dealer for W8

- 56k Insurance free
- 12k cash discount
- 10k Corporate discount
- 15k exchange bonus
- 25k worth accessories free

Here the catch is: 56k insurance is Mahindra quoted price on the price list. Dealer gives insurance at around 36 k comprehensive and 42 k zero dep. So actual benefits may not amount to figure of 1,20,000.

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 00:00. Reason: Format correction
Old 21st May 2015, 11:14   #7282
BHPian

Hi Balan, my W8AWD has 6000 km on the ODO, gone through 1st service, and gives 9 kmpl in Bangalore. Is it in the normal range? On buttery smooth roads in Tamilnadu, it managed 12-12.3 kmpl doing high speed slaloms between slow moving trucks.

Cheers, anand

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
gives a mileage of around 12 when driven at 100Kmph and 14 at 80kmph. .
Old 21st May 2015, 11:25   #7283
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally took the delivery of my Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 yesterday evening

Yet to enjoy driving on this beast and waiting for the weekend. Will post pictures very soon ( I am not allowed to add attachments in office network).

I would like to thank you each and everyone in this forum who has helped in making this decision. Thank you guys
Old 21st May 2015, 11:53   #7284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, finally took the delivery of my Silver Cougar - Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 yesterday evening
Congratulations fusionbang. Finally, we get to see the Silver Cougar . Waiting for the pics and you're initial ownership review.
Wishing you a many happy miles. Drive safe.
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:14   #7285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Congratulations fusionbang. Finally, we get to see the Silver Cougar . Waiting for the pics and you're initial ownership review.
Wishing you a many happy miles. Drive safe.
Thanks for the wishes Prash22 Ownership review is already on the Assembly line and should be up by next week. And definitely will post some pics in the evening once I reach home.
Old 21st May 2015, 12:38   #7286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Hi Balan, my W8AWD has 6000 km on the ODO, gone through 1st service, and gives 9 kmpl in Bangalore. Is it in the normal range? On buttery smooth roads in Tamilnadu, it managed 12-12.3 kmpl doing high speed slaloms between slow moving trucks.
Cheers, anand
The best and worst figures for my AWD is 14.18km/l and 11.66km/l. The worst figure was obtained while completely within Bangalore city. The average mileage figure over a period of one year is 12.89km/l which I'm very much satisfied with. All figures are calculated by tankful to tankful method.
Old 21st May 2015, 13:18   #7287
BHPian

My figures are also calculated by tankful to tankful method. Most of the times in the traffic the vehicle doesn't go beyond the 2nd gear. I have not refilled the tank after the 1st service, but the vehicle currently displays the mileage as 9.0 and I have found that its reading is quite close to the tankful to tankful method.

Something's obviously not right with either my driving style or the vehicle. Any tips or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The best and worst figures for my AWD is 14.18km/l and 11.66km/l. The worst figure was obtained while completely within Bangalore city. The average mileage figure over a period of one year is 12.89km/l which I'm very much satisfied with. All figures are calculated by tankful to tankful method.
Old 21st May 2015, 13:21   #7288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The best figure that I could achieve was 18.1 kmpl on Bangalore- Udumalpet stretch. I maintained consistant 110kmph and achieved this mileage.

Worst has been 9.3 kmpl in ghats of Munnar.

Btw, I was driving a Zoomcar XUV and observed that at 24k kms, the vehicle had a thud feel in the rear shocks. Could it be the arm/ connecting rod problem or suspension. While giving feedback to zoomcar, I have written this as well.
Old 21st May 2015, 13:56   #7289
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers, anand
You need the patience to maintain speeds around 80kmph at 1.5k rpm without AC to attain a high mileage of 14 ~ 15 kmpl
With AC, the mileage is around 14 in the above circumstances

My experience so far
Any speeds around 100, the RPM touches 2K the mileage is around 10kmpl
Any RPM above 2.5K (speeds around 125 / 130) mileage drops to 9.
Inside bangalore mainly on the bumper to bumper old madras road / mg road area where I travel, I get 9 kmpl
On the speed breaker-ed bangalore mysore mudumalai road, I get around 10 to 11 kmpl
Regards
Bala

Quote:
Something's obviously not right with either my driving style or the vehicle. Any tips or suggestions?
Best suggestion would be to change the city. In Bangalore traffic, I dont think anybody would get more than 10kmpl. Also wait for your engine to settle down.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2015 at 14:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 14:13   #7290
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers, anand
Worry not. I get almost the same FE in my XUV. 10-10.5 kmpl in Mumbai's B2B traffic, 12-13 kmpl on highways - both tankful to tankful
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks