Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 14:32   #7291
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Something's obviously not right with either my driving style or the vehicle. Any tips or suggestions?
If it is bumper to bumper traffic, I usually don't give any throttle input and let the engine do its bit. In city, I usually drive sedately and do not accelerate too much, maintain 33 psi in all the tires etc. For comparison, my Figo's average mileage is 15.75km/l (over a period of 4 years/41500 km) for similar usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
The best figure that I could achieve was 18.1 kmpl on Bangalore- Udumalpet stretch. I maintained consistant 110kmph and achieved this mileage.
Worst has been 9.3 kmpl in ghats of Munnar.
I think you are referring to the mileage shown on the infotainment display. If that is the case, I have almost touched 19km/l with vehicle on Cruise Control, set at ~110kmph during noon time on the stretch from Chitradurga to Tumkur. And the worst was somewhere around 9.8km/l. I don't usually take the displayed mileage into account because it doesn't mean much to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
Btw, I was driving a Zoomcar XUV and observed that at 24k kms, the vehicle had a thud feel in the rear shocks. Could it be the arm/ connecting rod problem or suspension. While giving feedback to zoomcar, I have written this as well.
Thud feel or sound? It can be a vehicle related issue, probably a worn out suspension component. Zoom cars are not the best kept and I regularly see them being driven all out by people who rent them. Many people rent the car and think that they can drive it anyway they like, just because they don't own it (they won't do it to their own cars ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
You need the patience to maintain speeds around 80kmph at 1.5k rpm without AC to attain a high mileage of 14 ~ 15 kmpl
With AC, the mileage is around 14 in the above circumstances
I never drive with AC off and never used ECON mode, yet. For my usual long drives, which are Bangalore-Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Pathanamthitta (625km one way) and Bangalore-Mysore-Gundlupet-Sulthan Bathery-Kozhikkode (375km one way), I get an average of 14km/l round trip. Both these routes are a mix of 4 lanes, 2 lanes, ghat sections and narrow Kerala roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
My experience so far
Any speeds around 100, the RPM touches 2K the mileage is around 10kmpl
Any RPM above 2.5K (speeds around 125 / 130) mileage drops to 9.
Inside bangalore mainly on the bumper to bumper old madras road / mg road area where I travel, I get 9 kmpl
On the speed breaker-ed bangalore mysore mudumalai road, I get around 10 to 11 kmpl

Best suggestion would be to change the city. In Bangalore traffic, I dont think anybody would get more than 10kmpl. Also wait for your engine to settle down.
My experience is slightly different here. See my above post. At constant 100-110kmph, my car gave me the best figure on the display. Traffic was sparse and I was driving on CC. And inside Bangalore, where I drive in Bannerghatta road traffic, my overall mileage has never gone below 11.66 km/l. Touchwood!

Last edited by A350XWB : 21st May 2015 at 14:48.
Old 21st May 2015, 15:44   #7292
BHPian

Planning to book a W4 sometime this month. The dealer is not offering any discount apart from 22k (which is some Mahindra offer this month).

Anyone from Hyderabad who recently took a delivery ?

Thanks in advance
Old 21st May 2015, 17:51   #7293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
My figures are also calculated by tankful to tankful method. Most of the times in the traffic the vehicle doesn't go beyond the 2nd gear. I have not refilled the tank after the 1st service, but the vehicle currently displays the mileage as 9.0 and I have found that its reading is quite close to the tankful to tankful method.

Something's obviously not right with either my driving style or the vehicle. Any tips or suggestions?
Hey Anand, dont fret too much. I have a new W8 which has done 1200km so far. I use the car for a daily commute of 10km round trip in bumper to bumper traffic where i barely hit 3rd gear. During my 1st tank ful with mix of city driving and ~200km from trips to airport I managed ~12.4kmpl using tank ful method when MID was showing 11.8kmpl. Now in 2nd tankful where its only been bumper to bumper traffic, MID is showing 9.3kmpl, so should be around 9.5-10kmpl. My personal opinion, changing driving style to get extra 1kmpl is not worth it unless you are really rip the engine.

I am planning a trip to Kodaikanal this weekend. Its round trip of ~1000km from Bangalore with good highways for 80% and Ghats in the end. Will report what i get after I am back.

Last edited by supertinu : 21st May 2015 at 17:54.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 17:59   #7294
BHPian

By the way XUV500 facelift launch is around the corner. The website has been updated with some contest.
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/contest2015/
Old 21st May 2015, 18:20   #7295
J.Ravi

Coming to the fuel efficiency of my XUV 500, I am happy with the consumption of diesel at 13.24 kmpl - computed tankful-to-tankful, 2 persons aboard with lots of luggage and ACC on always - on all sorts of roads during my recent trip to Sikkim, Assam and Arunachl Pradesh.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-tawangroutemap.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dieselexpense.jpg
  (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 22:35   #7296
Senior - BHPian

Guys, as promised here are some pics during pooja at temple and today at office. Sorry could not click any pics during delivery as it was too late and I din't carry any camera apart from my phone which is bad at night times (you can make out in First & Secondpic)

After Pooja
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-temple1.jpg

With Family
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-temple_family.jpg

@Office
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-office4.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-office2.jpg

PS: Will come up with the ownership review very soon after I clock some miles.

Last edited by fusionbang : 21st May 2015 at 22:37.
fusionbang is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 00:10   #7297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, as promised here are some pics during pooja at temple and today at office. Sorry could not click any pics during delivery as it was too late and I din't carry any camera apart from my phone which is bad at night times (you can make out in First & Secondpic)

Many congratulations on your new ride fusionbang. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car. Please do start your ownership thread.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 01:02   #7298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats buddy, wish you many many miles on your new ride. I am off to my first roadtrip this weekend to Kodaikanal finally after 2 months of driving in bangalore traffic on ORR . When is your planned?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:09   #7299
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, as promised here are some pics during pooja at temple and today at office.
Congratulations on owning the cheetah. Wish you thousands of happy miles ahead !.

Those side steps looks really good. Better looks than the classy foot steps that I opted for.
PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:27   #7300
Senior - BHPian

Within 120Kms I could see the cheetah showing me a mileage figure of 18KMPL Really happy to see this(sorry about the clumpsy picture)

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-collage.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride fusionbang. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your car. Please do start your ownership thread.
Thanks for the wishes AutoIndian. It is already in the Assembly line and will be rolled out very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats buddy, wish you many many miles on your new ride. I am off to my first roadtrip this weekend to Kodaikanal finally after 2 months of driving in bangalore traffic on ORR . When is your planned?
Thanks Supertinu I have not yet planned, but might be I will go to my wife's hometown Shimoga next weekend and enjoy the ride of my cougar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Congratulations on owning the cheetah. Wish you thousands of happy miles ahead !.

Those side steps looks really good. Better looks than the classy foot steps that I opted for.
Thanks for the wishes Padas. Yes the side step really looks classy compared to the older one, I was hoping for the same and I got one, recently Mahindra is offering the same for all models.
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:51   #7301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Within 120Kms I could see the cheetah showing me a mileage figure of 18KMPL Really happy to see this(sorry about the clumpsy picture)
18kmpl, that sounds like magic . Maybe you need to share how you managed that.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:13   #7302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
18kmpl, that sounds like magic . Maybe you need to share how you managed that.
Sure would definitely like to share that.

Initially from the time of delivery it was stuck at 9KMPL and today morning while coming to office I noticed that there was no improvement in the mileage, then I reset the average mileage which changed to 0KMPL.

As I drove to office, I could see the Average mileage climbing gradually all the way till 18 KMPL(which is maximum). I drive the car with light foot and within a speed of 80 KMPH and I upshift between 1000 - 2000 RPM. And also to mention I use AC in econ mode along with start stop functionality. I don't use ACC until and unless it is very hot or when I take the car out from office parking after parking it for a long time under sun.

Will monitor for few more days and see how the MID acts on the mileage front and keep you guys updated.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:07   #7303
Senior - BHPian

Guys a quick question,

Does Xuv come with a spare alloy wheel as well? If yes I think Mahindra has stopped that. My spare wheel has a steel rim silver in color

Can anybody please confirm? Also have you got the tool to lower the spare wheel?

I have the below tools only in my car,
1. Jack
2. Towing rod with a screw driver and spanner
3. Wheel nut spanner
4. Hook kind of tool to lower the jack
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:13   #7304
J.Ravi

Quote:
Does Xuv come with a spare alloy wheel as well?
My XUV 500 has the spare alloy wheel. Looks like Mahindra has resorted to cost-cutting including removal of camp light on the rear hatch-door earlier.

Quote:
Also have you got the tool to lower the spare wheel?
You have to use the wheel nut spanner to lower the sprare wheel.
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:35   #7305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My XUV 500 has the spare alloy wheel. Looks like Mahindra has resorted to cost-cutting including removal of camp light on the rear hatch-door earlier.

You have to use the wheel nut spanner to lower the sprare wheel.
Thanks for the quick reply sir. But camp light is available in my car.

And what do you use to remove the cap of spare. My executive told me to use a coin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks