Old 28th May 2015, 09:16   #7321
adu
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Some snaps of the new age XUV..

3. More options for music like equaliser, balancing, fading etc
4. Option to set background wallpaper (looked cool)
5. No CD/DVD player option for W10.. not sure about W8

FundaG
Does anyone have any insight into whether the new Infotainment software/ interface could be upgraded on the earlier versions of W8? Love the new features that are available.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:28   #7322
BHPian

A question for early adopters. How is your cheetha aging?

I tend to keep my car around for a long time, my Baleno is on its 9th year and still going strong. I am seriously considering XUV and if I take the plunge will like to keep if for the next 10 years.

Appreciate your feedback.
Old 28th May 2015, 09:59   #7323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Does anyone have any insight into whether the new Infotainment software/ interface could be upgraded on the earlier versions of W8? Love the new features that are available.
No the new infotainment software cannot be upgraded in the earlier version, since the new version has a 7" touchscreen whereas the earlier ones came with a 6" screen.

But I was told that the new fascia can be adopted onto the earlier version which includes new bonnet, new front bumper, new headlights and fog lights.
Old 28th May 2015, 11:39   #7324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
No the new infotainment software cannot be upgraded in the earlier version, since the new version has a 7" touchscreen whereas the earlier ones came with a 6" screen.

But I was told that the new fascia can be adopted onto the earlier version which includes new bonnet, new front bumper, new headlights and fog lights.
Did you hear anything more about the infotainment system? Can that be upgraded to the new one? The whole centre console along with the "hood" ? I would be interested in such an upgrade if possible.
Old 28th May 2015, 12:04   #7325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Did you hear anything more about the infotainment system? Can that be upgraded to the new one? The whole centre console along with the "hood" ? I would be interested in such an upgrade if possible.
I din't hear anything on the infotainment system. Since the entire assembly is detachable in current models, IMO it should be possible to get the new interior design with new infotainment system and the hood. But it would look odd when compared with the other textures. Will check with my sales executive and let you know if the upgrade is possible and what might be the estimated cost
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 12:50   #7326
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
A question for early adopters. How is your cheetha aging?
I tend to keep my car around for a long time,...
Very good question!

My XUV would be completing 3 years in about a month's time and have to say that I am surprised how most of the car looks as good as new. Of course the exterior paint looks dull because of swirl marks, but there is no fading on any metal panels. The headlight and tail-light plastics have not shown any hazing and look brand new. The plastic part at the bottom of the front windshield is the only part that I am not particularly happy with and has clear signs of fading.

On the inside, the entire dashboard although almost permanently exposed to direct sunlight while driving, has absolutely no signs of discoloration or fading. Ditto with seats, steering, door panels, roof lining. The entire center console (waterfall design console) is holding on well after 3 years. No buttons have shown any play or any wear from use. The chrome lining around the 3 knobs is mostly as is, with slight spots on one knob.

The chunky silver handles on the door and the gear knob are the only worrisome areas on the interior side. The silver portion shows wear and looks ugly if not used very carefully.

A special mention to the rubber pads on the clutch and accelerator pedals. Absolutely pathetic quality. They wear out and cause the foot to slip in about 12-18 months of use.

BUT, overall, the interior as well as exterior are holding up remarkably well. Lots of people have expressed surprise when they see the interior of my car and have mentioned that it looks brand new from inside.
SDP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:55   #7327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Very good question!
BUT, overall, the interior as well as exterior are holding up remarkably well. Lots of people have expressed surprise when they see the interior of my car and have mentioned that it looks brand new from inside.
Thank you SDP! Good to hear your cheetah is holding up well.

Others, don't be shy now
Old 28th May 2015, 15:42   #7328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Thank you SDP! Good to hear your cheetah is holding up well.

Others, don't be shy now
I have a 2011 XUV W8. It recently completed 80,000 kms and I would say it's holding up really well.

Yes, Mahindra has changed a lot of parts in my car and all were free of cost. But apart from the normal scheduled services, we have not spent anything on the car.

I have the exact same points what SPD mentioned. The only areas where the interior showed signs of fade are the interior door grab handles. Apart from that, the interiors looks fresh, the seats look great, all the buttons and features work exactly like it should!

Even the exteriors have shown no sign of fading. The paint quality is top notch.

Yes, the doors of my cars do rattle on imperfect roads, but my car has gone through some abuse as well. It is driven through very bad roads to no roads on the construction sites atleast once a week!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 17:53   #7329

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I din't hear anything on the infotainment system. Since the entire assembly is detachable in current models, IMO it should be possible to get the new interior design with new infotainment system and the hood. But it would look odd when compared with the other textures. Will check with my sales executive and let you know if the upgrade is possible and what might be the estimated cost
Can you please find out and let us know? I just bought my W8, just 7 months ago and feel disheartened to see such a nice new dash with a much improved infotainment system - functionality-wise and not just looks/size. They've fixed the HUD hood by making it fixed (which rattles in the old model otherwise), infotainment hood is so cruze-like (and thus much cooler), none of the tacky wood finish in the center! Not so impressed with the new bumper/fog lamp style, headlights with S-shaped leds are nice.

Ofcourse the biggest heartbreaks are (in no particular order): electronic seat adjustment, sunroof, start/stop + keyless entry, break energy regeneration system (come on!!!), improved mileage (claimed improvement of +0.9 kmpl) and other smaller changes - hydraulic bonnet, auto-UP (which is just auto-down in the old model) driver side window, dynamic assist in reverse parking mode..

I wonder how much all this improvement would affect the resale price of the outgoing model!
Old 28th May 2015, 18:33   #7330
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
Can you please find out and let us know? I just bought my W8, just 7 months ago and feel disheartened to see such a nice new dash with a much improved infotainment system - functionality-wise and not just looks/size. They've fixed the HUD hood by making it fixed (which rattles in the old model otherwise), infotainment hood is so cruze-like (and thus much cooler), none of the tacky wood finish in the center! Not so impressed with the new bumper/fog lamp style, headlights with S-shaped leds are nice.
Come on! Facelifts and newer versions would keep on coming. At least in India, these things hit us once in 3 years. Look at markets like US, where every year, there is a facelift and there are changes.

Coming to this specific XUV facelift, its a mixed bag anyways. If you would have gotten this facelifted one now, instead of the older one 7 months back, you would have more feminine and less-aggressive front-end styling (not a good thing for a SUV). You would have got better color-coordinated interiors, with reflections and glare problems sorted out, but the beige is going to be difficult to maintain. You would have got a bigger touch-screen and new infotainment system, but then with new infotainment system, new teething issues can not be ruled out. In short, the grass is always greener on the other side. Just enjoy your XUV which has settled down over 3 years and is almost niggle-free now.

Quote:
Ofcourse the biggest heartbreaks are (in no particular order): electronic seat adjustment, sunroof, start/stop + keyless entry, break energy regeneration system (come on!!!), improved mileage (claimed improvement of +0.9 kmpl) and other smaller changes - hydraulic bonnet, auto-UP (which is just auto-down in the old model) driver side window, dynamic assist in reverse parking mode..

I wonder how much all this improvement would affect the resale price of the outgoing model!
Please note that ALL the things you have listed are ONLY available in the W10. The new W8 does not have any of those. So feature-wise your W8 and the new W8 are exactly similar. Yes, resale value would be slightly different because of the pre-favelift look, but not because of features being different.

Last edited by SDP : 28th May 2015 at 18:36.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 19:08   #7331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Yes, Mahindra has changed a lot of parts in my car and all were free of cost. But apart from the normal scheduled services, we have not spent anything on the car.
That is not a very comforting thought. What happens once the car is our of warranty

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 28th May 2015, 19:21   #7332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have a 2011 XUV W8. It recently completed 80,000 kms and I would say it's holding up really well.

was thinking of booking the W10 next month for the wife. i am now in doubt. feature loaded that the variant is and thats what made me lean toward it, but durability is paramount.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:33   #7333

Hi, need help from forum members. I have a booking for old W8 couple of weeks back , can anyone please help me finalise if I should go for new gen. Cost difference is coming out to be 90 k.
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th May 2015, 23:15   #7334
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Hi, need help from forum members. I have a booking for old W8 couple of weeks back , can anyone please help me finalise if I should go for new gen. Cost difference is coming out to be 90 k.
Thanks in advance.
Depends on how long you want to keep the XUV. If you are going to sell it in next 3 years, going for the new one makes sense as new one would fetch better price. If you are going to keep the XUV for 5+ years, resale would not be too different and you can go for the old one.

Not a full-proof logic, just my opinion.
Simplest answer is "If money is not a problem, pick up whichever you like"
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 23:25   #7335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Thanks in advance.

Go for the next gen, 90k is nothing to compared what you'll get in return from the new gen xuv, keeping in mind better suspension setup, better interior quality etc.
I suggest you to go with the new gen, that extra 90k is worth spending on the new xuv 500.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks