Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 22:06   #1171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma

Unless you need the GC and the so-called SUV presence, I don't see why you would need to go for the duster when you already own a better product. And in India, people do look at apples (or oranges) before buying an orange (or apple). And if you already own a passat, but would like to buy the yeti then again, I would ask the same question. But thats just my opinion.
You guys are probably right. It was just a crazy thought that ran through my mind. Only deal that attracted me was the high seating and easy ingress,else Fluence is far better. like they say " the grass is always greener on the other side,but only when you go there, you know it is artificial turf"
Old 14th October 2012, 22:26   #1172
AWD
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Front seat height adjustment is available only on the 110 top end version. 110 RXZ you get what you want. top end models have this. You also find this in the 85 RXL (option)
So both RXZ & RXL(option) would cost me >11L. This brings Innova, XUV into the picture.

Wish the 2nd diesel version offered more features because to me spending <10L on Duster makes sense to me. Its a features mess Renault has created!

ABS, Seat height adjust, FE display, are an absolute must for me. Do all the variants have a Tachometer?
Old 14th October 2012, 23:12   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
So both RXZ & RXL(option) would cost me >11L. This brings Innova, XUV into the picture.

Wish the 2nd diesel version offered more features because to me spending <10L on Duster makes sense to me. Its a features mess Renault has created!

ABS, Seat height adjust, FE display, are an absolute must for me. Do all the variants have a Tachometer?
Yes all variant has Techometer.
FE Display is not available in RXE models.
IMO best variant for you would be 85 PS with option pack.
It has
1.Trip computer
2.ABS & Airbags
3.Rear parking sensor.
The only thing which is missing is Seat height adjustment,which i believe is not as good as other cars, because it offers only 3 adjustments.
Old 15th October 2012, 01:13   #1174
BHPian

Need a suggestion. A red duster has been offered to me by dealer. Apparantly someone who booked it cancelled it. I went to showroom to have a chat with salesperson, he said I will not get price protection since I booked in sept. When I said original owner booked before aug ans has now cancelled it, technically you are not paying more for it, then why charge more? Let the benefit trickle down to me? when I said I 'll call up renault to ask, he requested not to mention his name. Wow, sounds fishy. Now with price hike I better get it at older price or I'm gonna cancel it.

Suggestions?
Old 15th October 2012, 09:10   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I have paired a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running on ICS. I see problems but not as much as you. My call list works. And my phone book gets downloaded partially every time. I am sure there is a pattern of which contacts its unable to download but I have not been able to figure that out yet. Note: it downloads all the data every time you connect and does not store any data locally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
The audio system of the Duster worked fine for my Galaxy S3 sir. Try deleting and repairing the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I have been using the S3 but find no call list or phone book but every time i find the HU mentioning downloading the phone book when i start the engine. I get only phone No. but not names and list of called, received are always empty.
Thanks Suchit, Pjegadeesh, Sathyaprakash for the comments.
Pjegadeesh, you should take the credit for my success.
The contact sync was actually causing the problem, you can see my solution
here on comment #52
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 13:36   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Need a suggestion. A red duster has been offered to me by dealer. Apparantly someone who booked it cancelled it. I went to showroom to have a chat with salesperson, he said I will not get price protection since I booked in sept. When I said original owner booked before aug ans has now cancelled it, technically you are not paying more for it, then why charge more? Let the benefit trickle down to me? when I said I 'll call up renault to ask, he requested not to mention his name. Wow, sounds fishy. Now with price hike I better get it at older price or I'm gonna cancel it.

Suggestions?
Hi, here's my suggestion.

The dealer has the freedom to offer cancellations to others on a priority. The way I look at it - your original booking is in September so that is on the new price - the dealer will not be obliged to give you the original price on a cancelled booking. You can try negotiating but it all boils down to how soon and how much you want a Duster - base your decision on that. I don't believe an additional 30-40k will matter to you in the long run. Hey - you may even save that much on fuel by taking a Duster now versus what you spend on an alternative vehicle in case the FE of the alternate is lower..!

Cheers!
Old 15th October 2012, 16:13   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What kind RPM do you notice when at 100? Does it feel strained at that speed?
That would help many decide if it cruises nicely.
At 100 the rpm is exactly at 2500. But in my experience till now (under 2000 kms), the fun is within 2500 RPM, nothing much beyond that.

Other people may share their experience
kumarsiddhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 20:20   #1178
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been driving the 85PS (O) for almost a month and around 1500KMS. Just want to mention some quirks that have not been widely mentioned, as hopefully potential buyers will find it helpful when making their discussions. I will also try and add some positives that have been less mentioned till now. Please note that this is purely my feeling and experience and am happy if other owners share their experience.

- The power delivery or power rush is really under 2500 rpm, beyond that it's more noise for less impact. It might change after the first service however. If you keep the car between 1500-2500 rpm you will enjoy the drive
- It's a dampener on the highway. I'm surprised to read a 0-100 kmph of under 15s (guess it's around 13.xx seconds), just doesn't feel.
- Drive with AC on shows in terms of the power delivery being not the same as without AC (effectively meaning the engine takes a decent amount of load)
- The whole backrest of the driver seat (atleast) is not very comfortable. I compare this with Fiesta where 2 hours of driving everyday was not an issue but driving this for under a month for 2 hrs/day is giving me back pain
- I find it a little bouncy when negotiating speed breakers (far less than a Xylo though)
- I have yet not been able to figure out how to use the rear wiper water spray (not to mention that the stick for wiper control feels like it will break if you push it the other way)
- From my boot i can already hear some sound coming. It's possibly the rear tray, will get it checked in the first service. Not a big issue.
- The AC even on recirculation mode picks up smell from outside
- Radio reception is poor (let's not even talk about the sound quality), within 30 minutes of drive the reception goes bad atleast 2-3 times
- you cannot fit 1litre water bottles.

+ If one will drive the car alone or even with 1 or 2 co passengers (avg weight ), the car is very easy to drive in the CITY, between 1500-2500 rpm it offers a very good ride.
+ Getting in and out of the car is very easy. Even for the elderly. Neither the typical SUV climb in nor the sedan sink in. It's just perfect. The doors also open wide.
+ Economical to drive. It's giving me an average of around 15 in the city which should go up post the first service.
+ Overall the car is spacious and roomier from inside and with the rear tray gives good space to dump things (side pockets through are not big enough)
+ With slight volume on the ICE, you don't hear any engine sound.
Please don't think these are the only positives, i'm not repeating things that have already been said to save repetition. Overall i'm happy with the car and enjoying driving it, but then i have around 60 kms to drive every day in the city and my highway driving is around 5% annually with a family that consists of 2 and a half people including myself so not much to complain

Thanks
Sid

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th October 2012 at 06:58. Reason: Deleting font tags
kumarsiddhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 20:35   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
- I have yet not been able to figure out how to use the rear wiper water spray (not to mention that the stick for wiper control feels like it will break if you push it the other way)
- Radio reception is poor (let's not even talk about the sound quality), within 30 minutes of drive the reception goes bad atleast 2-3 times
-There is a push button on the rear wiper stick for water spray.
-I also had the outside smell issue,the first service solved that issue when reported
-For FM reception,The SA has lodged a compliant for me and has informed that they would replace the HU.
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 23:51   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Thanks Suchit, Pjegadeesh, Sathyaprakash for the comments.
Pjegadeesh, you should take the credit for my success.
The contact sync was actually causing the problem, you can see my solution
here on comment #52
Reading your solution I think I may have found the pattern of which contacts it is downloading for me and which it is not. Any contact which has any extra field such as email, facebook, twitter etc. (called a "connection" in people manager in Android ICS) is not getting downloaded. In other words its downloading contacts which just have a phone number.

So your solution of removing the google account (which is responsible for creating the connections) might just work for me as well. Will try and update later.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:08   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have been driving the 85PS (O) for almost a month and around 1500KMS. Just want to mention some quirks that have not been widely mentioned, as hopefully potential buyers will find it helpful when making their discussions.

- The power delivery or power rush is really under 2500 rpm, beyond that it's more noise for less impact. It might change after the first service however. If you keep the car between 1500-2500 rpm you will enjoy the drive

- The whole backrest of the driver seat (atleast) is not very comfortable. I compare this with Fiesta where 2 hours of driving everyday was not an issue but driving this for under a month for 2 hrs/day is giving me back pain
- I find it a little bouncy when negotiating speed breakers (far less than a Xylo though)
Hi @Sid,

That's one honest and pointed review by an owner. One needs to be really open minded to mention such points about a vehicle he has newly bought.

BTW, the Duster looks really smashing and that too in most of the colors. 210mm GC should be a real boon just like the high seating position and easy ingress/exit.

What's the FE you have been getting?
And how is the clutch?

Cheers!
Old 16th October 2012, 11:14   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

- It's a dampener on the highway. I'm surprised to read a 0-100 kmph of under 15s (guess it's around 13.xx seconds), just doesn't feel.
- Drive with AC on shows in terms of the power delivery being not the same as without AC (effectively meaning the engine takes a decent amount of load)
I guess this is where the difference shows between a 85 and 110. I dont feel any of the above issues. Drives like a charm till 3000 rpm, I cant make out any difference when the AC is on how much ever I try though I have not tested the 0-100 yet.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:28   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hi @Sid,

That's one honest and pointed review by an owner. One needs to be really open minded to mention such points about a vehicle he has newly bought.

BTW, the Duster looks really smashing and that too in most of the colors. 210mm GC should be a real boon just like the high seating position and easy ingress/exit.

What's the FE you have been getting?
And how is the clutch?

Cheers!
Hi, The fuel efficiency is the best part about the vehicle. On the highway if you keep it under 100 i get average of around 20. In the city i get around 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I guess this is where the difference shows between a 85 and 110. I dont feel any of the above issues. Drives like a charm till 3000 rpm, I cant make out any difference when the AC is on how much ever I try though I have not tested the 0-100 yet.
Thanks, while i wait for other 85ps owners to share their experience vis-a-vis mine. I definitely agree the performance of 110 would be superior on highways. I chose 85PS still as even in this i feel the turbolag sometimes, 110 in my test drive experience was bad in terms of taking off after a speed breaker.

But then i have always driven petrol vehicles. This is the first diesel

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th October 2012 at 15:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:45   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
I agree as well. For long drives, my lower back starts paining a bit. The seats don't hug and feels like a wide bench. I also noticed that I tend to keep my left hand on the gear lever too long after a gear change and I think this is causing discomfort in seating.
Have you checked the tyre pressure? One thing I learnt from my Fiat Adventure is that the great suspension would lead me to abuse the suspension and that leads to repairs. I am taking the Duster over the speed bumps as I would take my i10 over it
- From my boot i can already hear some sound coming. It's possibly the rear tray, will get it checked in the first service. Not a big issue.
I too hear as if something is loose and rolling about in the trunk. I could not locate it. The SA mentioned about a loose spanner rod inside the jack compartment, and he said it is fixed after my 1st service. It was not and I keep hearing the sound. I have given a 'not satisfied' feedback when Renault (or the dealer) called later. Yet to hear back from the SA as I was told.

+ Economical to drive. It's giving me an average of around 15 in the city which should go up post the first service.
That is good mileage. I get 12 in bumper to bumper traffic.
+ Overall the car is spacious and roomier from inside and with the rear tray gives good space to dump things (side pockets through are not big enough)
The rear parcel tray doesn't fit snugly. There is a play at the inner side. Is it how it is with all others?
+ With slight volume on the ICE, you don't hear any engine sound.
Please don't think these are the only positives, i'm not repeating things that have already been said to save repetition. Overall i'm happy with the car and enjoying driving it, but then i have around 60 kms to drive every day in the city and my highway driving is around 5% annually with a family that consists of 2 and a half people including myself so not much to complain

Thanks
Sid
I and all of my family are very happy with this purchase. I am really looking forward to install an all in one (navigation/bluetooth/park assist camera/DVD) system like Caska or similar on my Duster. Waiting for more options in the market.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:11   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
I and all of my family are very happy with this purchase. I am really looking forward to install an all in one (navigation/bluetooth/park assist camera/DVD) system like Caska or similar on my Duster. Waiting for more options in the market.
While searching for OEM system for Duster found this
http://www.megaaudio.co.uk/renaultduster.html
Looks like similar to Caska found in Duster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks