Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 06:26   #1336
BHPian

Re: Nissan confirms Duster-based SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyoni10 View Post
I spotted a DUSTER being tested on the NH4 as I was driving back to Chennai from Kanchipuram on 3rd Nov 2012. It had red number plates and strange thing was that the badge was covered. I noticed it and recollected reading about Nissan Duster on TeamBHP. I tried to click a few pics, but the driver was pushing 100-110 kmph and swerving between trucks. So managed just these pics that are not of great quality given the speed at which he was driving. I am not very sure if its Nissan Duster but the Nissan Factory is also near Oragadam. So I guess maybe it is a Nissan Duster.

Moderators please remove if this is not right info.
Congrats!! Good catch. It looks like the AWD model. Look at the rear suspension in the last picture. You can clearly see the rear independant suspension arms.

Nice to know that they are bringing in AWD. If only they also combined an AT box!

Last edited by sridhar-v : 5th November 2012 at 06:28.
Old 5th November 2012, 07:09   #1337
BANNED

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

My friend from Kerala recently got his Graphite Grey Duster 85 PS RXL. He has posted his review on a Blogging site. For all Duster lovers, here is the link to his review :

http://juicymangotales.blogspot.in/2...ed-review.html

Hope you love it.

Regards

Rakesh
micrographics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 08:52   #1338
Team-BHP Support

This could also be the Dacia Duster being tested for the export-market. Remember, the Dacia Duster 4x4 is being built at the assembly-line in Chennai for export to the UK.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:17   #1339
BHPian

Hi All, taking delivery of my RxL 85 with option pack , on the coming weekend in delhi.
any heads up on what accessories I should plan for?
- Dealer has a pack for 5500 rs that has Mudflap, mats, car cover, perfume and one God picture.
- He also has that silver scuff plate (6000 for front & back) Its fibre glass, not too well built, but ok enough.
- I am planning to get the rear bike guard (chrome) , don't know the price of that yet.

- there is no other accessory available with them. That beautiful front bull bar with integrated fog lamps genuine Renault accessory , is sadly not available.

what else would you guys suggest??

I was thinking of getting the Michelin Latitude Tourer HP , but I am not sure of the quality of the wheel alignment/balancing that would be done by the dealer. ( in comparison to the factory-done balancing on OEM tyres.
Single top reason why I wouldn't dump the MRFs and go for the Michelins. Any workarounds on this?

thanks in advance!
Old 5th November 2012, 10:56   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I was thinking of getting the Michelin Latitude Tourer HP , but I am not sure of the quality of the wheel alignment/balancing that would be done by the dealer. ( in comparison to the factory-done balancing on OEM tyres.
Single top reason why I wouldn't dump the MRFs and go for the Michelins. Any workarounds on this?

thanks in advance!
The OEM MRF tyres that the Duster is shod with is brilliant and should last long.Stick with it!!
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 15:34   #1341
BHPian

I infact spotted a Duster Testing. So was wondering what the update would be

Details:

(1) Maroon Red colour
(2) Minor Stickering around the car. A bit of zig zag stickering at the front
(3) Extremely dusty , probably due to the testing
(4) Red Number plates
(5) Parked on Khader Nawaz Khan Road - Nungambakam
(6) Time : 5:00 PM yesterday
Old 6th November 2012, 03:08   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This could also be the Dacia Duster being tested for the export-market. Remember, the Dacia Duster 4x4 is being built at the assembly-line in Chennai for export to the UK.
Yepp, probably you are right. Just found this article from September: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/d...ied-in-chennai

But my confusion is about why are they still testing the UK version here when its already launched there. Is it a common practice to continue testing even after release?

Last edited by GTO : 8th November 2012 at 15:43. Reason: Upload pictures using our attachment system ONLY
Old 6th November 2012, 03:21   #1343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
But my confusion is about why are they still testing the UK version here when its already launched there. Is it a common practice to continue testing even after release?
India is currently the only RHD market for Renault / Dacia and the Duster will be made in RHD only in our country for the time being. that's the reason why its being made here and exported to the UK. Bookings commenced sometime in June / July but deliveries haven't begun yet.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:30   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Hi All, taking delivery of my RxL 85 with option pack , on the coming weekend in delhi.
any heads up on what accessories I should plan for?
- Dealer has a pack for 5500 rs that has Mudflap, mats, car cover, perfume and one God picture.
- He also has that silver scuff plate (6000 for front & back) Its fibre glass, not too well built, but ok enough.
- I am planning to get the rear bike guard (chrome) , don't know the price of that yet.

- there is no other accessory available with them. That beautiful front bull bar with integrated fog lamps genuine Renault accessory , is sadly not available.

what else would you guys suggest??

thanks in advance!
Don't go for tyre change.MRF wanderers are perfect for Duster.
Other accessories you can have are Leather Steering cover & Chrome exhaust finisher.
Which dealer in Delhi & when did u book your Duster?
Which colour?
I am also waiting for delivery of White 85 RXL.
I booked on 8th of July. Dealer shows booked for 12th July.
Old 6th November 2012, 19:15   #1345
BHPian

Duster- Water Bottles ! How Many??

Chaps, here's a Eureka moment for Duster owners!
The front door pocket can take TWO one litre bottles
Make - Pearlpet.
So that's total of four litres of H2O on board.
The downer of course- the pax at the rear have no storage space for the bottles.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-water-bottles-door-pockets.jpg  

Rigid Rotor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 07:28   #1346
BHPian

I have got ICE upgrade done for my brown beast. Got the front speakers changed to focal components, back to focal co-axials and added a cerwin vega 4 channel amplifier. Got these done aftermarket at RM car decors Coimbatore. Now the sound quality is much better.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:49   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
I have got ICE upgrade done .
Hey motorhead, i looking to do a similar setup on mine, could you please post on how much this costed.

Thanks!
Old 7th November 2012, 14:25   #1348
BHPian

Re: Duster- Water Bottles ! How Many??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
The front door pocket can take TWO one litre bottles
Make - Pearlpet.
So that's total of four litres of H2O on board.
Thanks a lot for this useful info4 liters of water is good to go for at least 500 Kms on the road. Was breaking my head and cursing renault no end for this obvious oversight, especially for frequent long haulers like me."Discovery of the week" for you. Do share more discoveries, no matter how trivial it may seem. You never know how useful it might turn out for somebody else.
Old 8th November 2012, 00:55   #1349

Hi Duster Mates

The central locking switch does not lock all the four doors, the driver and the co passenger locks can be opened from inside .No, they are not speed locking, it did check it out. GTO mentioned that it can be activated via the ECU , but Renault Trivandrum guys have no clue about it. Any help is appreciated. Has any body got it done ?

Else enjoying the ride, RXL 110 , clocked 1000 Kms, Max Speed of 120 at 2.5K RPM,Yes there is a bit of lag, but surely not a deal breaker.No rattles as of now.
Old 8th November 2012, 09:39   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Don't go for tyre change.MRF wanderers are perfect for Duster.
Other accessories you can have are Leather Steering cover & Chrome exhaust finisher.
Which dealer in Delhi & when did u book your Duster?
Which colour?
I am also waiting for delivery of White 85 RXL.
I booked on 8th of July. Dealer shows booked for 12th July.
Thanks, will stick with the Wanderers. I am more concerned about the Alignment/Balancing issues in a new car.
I was a early bird, booked in March..

Any one knows of a place where I can get a good rear biker guard for the Duster? or Some Chrome bling bling for the ORVMs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks