Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 23:13   #5071
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I have been feeling a slight loss of power while driving the car and shifting gears mainly from 2nd to 3rd for few days. It's evident only for a nano second .
Today while ascending Nandi Hills ( smallish ghat section) I felt the car struggling a bit from a standstill position to pull ahead . What could be wrong here , do I need to get the oil filter cleaned or anything else . I use shell diesel regularly and the car is 110 ps rxl and odo reads 2500kms .
Old 26th August 2015, 13:02   #5072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
I have been feeling a slight loss of power while driving the car and shifting gears mainly from 2nd to 3rd for few days. It's evident only for a nano second
Mine is 85ps and I too started feeling lack of power after my 10K service. For me the loss was felt while shifting to 2nd gear. I felt a momentary sluggishness after the shift. After driving for around 1000 Km, I took the vehicle to the ASS and got the air filter cleaned and post that it did show some improvement. I suggest you try cleaning you air filter first.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 09:40   #5073

Hi All,

I have been driving the 110 RXZ since over a year now. Vehicle is performing amazingly well. No complaints so far, except that I have started noticing a mild creak sound when the boot door is opened. Need to take a closer look and see where exactly it is coming from. Does not happen always though. Wondering if anyone else had this issue ?
Old 27th August 2015, 10:46   #5074
BHPian

Renault India is readying a face-lift for the Duster and is Targeted for a release in early 2016. Some images from the Geneva Auto show and the spy shots that we have seen in multiple forums can be merged together to safely make the following list of changes that are coming up;

1.New Grill design
2.Maybe a new Headlamp setup with Projector (?)
3.New LED (effect) Tail Lamps
4.New Alloy designs
5.Some amount of improvisation on dashboard to enhance the quality and feel
6.Lastly as per the international Market trend an updated Engine in guise of the same 1.5 dci Block.

And a Parting shot from the Geneva show (Credit goes to the photographer)
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster2016.jpg  

Old 27th August 2015, 10:49   #5075
Senior - BHPian

Quick couple of questions to the experts out there. I drive the 85BHP RXL. It is about 15 months old & has done 37k KM.

- The A/C seems to have become very ineffective. No cooling at all, even at the vent. Does the duster have an AC filter? Or do I have to top up the gas?

- I am noticing black smoke when I bring the car out from the basement (need to race the engine a bit to get over the hump). Normal?

Thanks a lot, folks
Old 27th August 2015, 11:45   #5076

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Renault India is readying a face-lift for the Duster and is Targeted for a release in early 2016.
That grill is looking cool. I wish they come up with better alloys.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:55   #5077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Quick couple of questions to the experts out there. I drive the 85BHP RXL. It is about 15 months old & has done 37k KM.

- The A/C seems to have become very ineffective. No cooling at all, even at the vent. Does the duster have an AC filter? Or do I have to top up the gas?

- I am noticing black smoke when I bring the car out from the basement (need to race the engine a bit to get over the hump). Normal?

Thanks a lot, folks
Yes Duster has cabin filter, that you change at every 20,000 km IIRC. Service guys must have cleaned it up at your 30,000 km service. If the air throw from the vents is normal then there's nothing wrong with your cabin filter. Problem could be the gas, or the lack of it, or the cooling system.

I mostly downshift to gear 1 when I cross humps with my Duster 85 as I find the bottom end torque to be really poor. Black smoke does come out from every turbo diesel, however if the smoke is too much then there's a problem. A clogged air filter is one of the common reasons for black smoke.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 27th August 2015 at 11:58.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 19:47   #5078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Mine is 85ps and I too started feeling lack of power after my 10K service. For me the loss was felt while shifting to 2nd gear. I felt a momentary sluggishness after the shift. After driving for around 1000 Km, I took the vehicle to the ASS and got the air filter cleaned and post that it did show some improvement. I suggest you try cleaning you air filter first.
Deepesh - Did they charge you for air filter cleaning? i would also like to clean the air filter as the ODO reads 15k and i am experiencing a slight reduction in pulling.
Old 29th August 2015, 21:53   #5079
BHPian

No, I wasn't charged anything. It hardly took 15min.
Old 30th August 2015, 12:20   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Thanks a lot, folks
AC being ineffective-Is the air throw normal,or you can feel hot air blowing.If the throw is less get the cabin filter checked and if found clogged replace it.If it's hot hair get the HVAC system throughly checked by an AC technician.
About smoke-Diesels do emit smoke under hard acceleration.If it's more it can be-
1-Clogged air filter-clean/replace
2-Diesel filter-Might have gone kaput.When was it last replaced?
3-Clogged intercooler- clean it by flushing

PS-Are you experiencing any power loss?
Get the EGR valve checked too if possible.
Old 30th August 2015, 23:23   #5081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Deepesh - Did they charge you for air filter cleaning? i would also like to clean the air filter as the ODO reads 15k and i am experiencing a slight reduction in pulling.
Been a while since we heard from you about how your car is performing since the remap. How's the fuel efficiency now ?
Old 31st August 2015, 02:55   #5082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
I have been feeling a slight loss of power while driving the car and shifting gears mainly from 2nd to 3rd for few days. It's evident only for a nano second .
Today while ascending Nandi Hills ( smallish ghat section) I felt the car struggling a bit from a standstill position to pull ahead . What could be wrong here , do I need to get the oil filter cleaned or anything else . I use shell diesel regularly and the car is 110 ps rxl and odo reads 2500kms .
hi.

faced the same issue during my uphill routine drive, a few months back (17000km 110ps.). in some time the engine malfunction light came on.

called the ASS. they asked me to disconnect and 10 minutes later, reconnect the ecu, which is on the left just behind the grill. this did not solve the issue.

finally the vehicle was called in and they changed the injector under warranty.
Old 31st August 2015, 06:38   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Been a while since we heard from you about how your car is performing since the remap. How's the fuel efficiency now ?
Yes. Work kept me busy for some time. It's been almost 5k kms after remap. The FE in city is between 13-15kmpl depending on traffic. On (kerala) highways it's around 17-18kmpl. I got more than 19 during a recent Salem trip. The FE is more or less same before/after remap. I do not observe any significant difference.

No other issues to report apart from a slight reduction in pulling and increase in smoke which cropped up in last 2 weeks. I believe Air filter is clogged as the car was driven through some very dusty roads every day during last month.
Need to get this checked.
Old 31st August 2015, 16:54   #5084

Hi There,

can you give me some tips on which brand of tyres to go for the 110ps RXZ , I have done around 50k kms( yes i should have changed the tyres sooner but the last 10 k kms was just in the city), anyhow its high time now. Would really appreciate some good advice as i am a bit skeptical to go for the stock MRF wanderer's although they did give me better service. Any other good options? Please advise?

Also what kind of service bill and parts replacement etc should i be expecting for a 50k service?

Thanks.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:23   #5085
BHPian

Hey,

Any thoughts on this..

https://mena.co/

??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks