Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 13:57   #391
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Subjective thoughts, isn't it?! As a customer, I look at more parameters than the length & the looks.
no disrespect intended,but could you tell me what all parameters you'd look for as a prospective buyer,apart from the holy trinity of fuel efficiency,vfm features and looks??
Dr.Nishath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 14:41   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
Scala / Sunny Diesel is 85 bhp / 200 NM / 22 kmpl ~ 8.1 lacs ex-delhi.
Fiesta Diesel is 90 bhp 200 NM / 23 kmpl ~ 9.3 l ex-delhi

Honda has a 1 segment up engine in my opinion on the Amaze. Poorer spec engines from Ford, Renault are selling at such a high price, and here we are bashing Honda - pioneers of refined engines - for a great i-DTEC mill they've managed to engineer at long last? Agreed they're late entrants, but the car/specs seems really promising on paper

Dzire Diesel is 74 bhp with 21 kmpl.

If Amaze gets ~90 bhp with 23+ kmpl, WHY NOT A PREMIUM? I'm in line, waiting to lap it up. All other MSIL fanatics can go buy the 3/4th of a car that DZire looks to be
I can tell you that if Amaze is even at same price as Dzire, it won't even sell 1/4th of Dzire sales six month down the line. I'm not saying that Dzire is a better product than Amaze will be,mind you. I am just stating the market reality.

By the way, looking at Brio pricing, I'm looking out for atleast 40 k less than Dzire for petrol and around 25 k less for Diesel Amaze. And even their base model will have atleast a front power window, and not like LX/LDI for Dzire.

Last edited by rock75 : 8th March 2013 at 14:45.
Old 8th March 2013, 14:52   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
I hope the above figures are not true. Else Honda can see a replay of Jazz! For Jazz, the premium price was because of the imported parts, but what is with Amaze? AFAIK, it is localized to a large extant and shares the platform with Brio. Together these two factors should really result in lower costs.
Their first diesel and if it turns out to be a market dud, then Honda can't think of penetrating the diesel market in future. Add to it the closing gap between petrol and diesel, this multiplies their woes.
On top of everything else, we have a very slow market where the sales volumes are dropping even for the best performers. Current situation is so bad that Honda cannot guarantee success even if they do everything right. No guesses on what would happen if they overprice!
Old 8th March 2013, 15:50   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
no disrespect intended,but could you tell me what all parameters you'd look for as a prospective buyer,apart from the holy trinity of fuel efficiency,vfm features and looks??
These are various points that I check while looking out for any car. Some of these were used while I shopped for my first car, Swift D. After owning it for four years, I have added some more to the list!

FTD quotient / peppy engine
Reliability of the whole vehicle
Driver seat comfort
Ride / Handling package
Price
A$$ feedback
Space at the rear

Added parameters

Build quality
Cabin NVH
Old 8th March 2013, 16:21   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop, First shot of Amaze!!!

Is that another TEAM-BHP EXCLUSIVE?!! Got some more coming. No interior pics though! Taken by my friend Rajesh Rao.

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_01.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th March 2013 at 16:23.
swiftnfurious is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 18:11   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Amaze :: More pics

Here are the rest. Looks like the space was at a premium to snap good pics!

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_02.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_03.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_04.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_05.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_06.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_07.jpg

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-amaze_08.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 18:19   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, the car will be launched with the diesel engine, and the petrol + AT option.
Amaze AT with the 1.2l petrol i-vtec might score poorly on driveability. Note that the Jazz AT in other markets never gets the 1.2l engine, whereas the Jazz MT with the 1.2l, though initially launched in India, is now available in several European countries.

If launched, the Amaze AT with the 1.2l engine is likely to be a real slow coach compared to its 1.2l petrol MT and 1.5l diesel siblings.
Old 8th March 2013, 18:31   #398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post

Amaze AT with the 1.2l petrol i-vtec might score poorly on driveability.

If launched, the Amaze AT with the 1.2l engine is likely to be a real slow coach compared to its 1.2l petrol MT and 1.5l diesel siblings.
Of course the AT will be slow, just look at the Brio AT. But unless you have the extra cash to plonk for a bigger engine and thus a higher excise rate, this is all that Honda has!
Given that the AT will primarily a city runabout, it will have ample guts to tackle the everyday tasks in its intended habitat
Old 8th March 2013, 19:08   #399
BHPian

Re: Scoop, First shot of Amaze!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is that another TEAM-BHP EXCLUSIVE?!! Got some more coming. No interior pics though! Taken by my friend Rajesh Rao.

Thanks for the exclusive boss...awaiting the snaps of the interiors,eagerly.were the pics taken in bangalore?? any news on the i-dtec??

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th March 2013 at 19:14. Reason: Fixing quote
Dr.Nishath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 20:13   #400
Senior - BHPian

@Swiftnfurious thanks a lot for the pics ! Team Bhp was the first to spot the New City and now the Amaze . So the petrol launch is around the corner?
karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 20:31   #401
Senior - BHPian

Found this link on you tube.
I guess the interior for Amaze in India will be similar.
Also hoping for the colors displayed in video to be available here as well.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 22:27   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@Swiftnfurious thanks a lot for the pics ! Team Bhp was the first to spot the New City and now the Amaze . So the petrol launch is around the corner?
hey just wanted to inform you that on contacting landmark Honda they confirmed the launch to be on April 18 but they will initially deliver petrol orders and start diesel deliveries about a week later.
Old 8th March 2013, 23:50   #403
BHPian

In my opinion this car looks ugly. Somewhat similar to indigo cs. After such well proportioned cars like the civic and anhc, where is Honda going wrt design and aesthetics. I was never a fan of chrome tooth braces in brio, which is totally out of scale. And now this stick on ugly boot. The only manufacturer that has successfully converted a hatchback to sedan is VW. When I say successfully,I mean purely aesthetic.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 23:56   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
In my opinion this car looks ugly. Somewhat similar to indigo cs. After such well proportioned cars like the civic and anhc, where is Honda going wrt design and aesthetics. I was never a fan of chrome tooth braces in brio, which is totally out of scale. And now this stick on ugly boot. The only manufacturer that has successfully converted a hatchback to sedan is VW. When I say successfully,I mean purely aesthetic.
the reason that Volkswagen is successful in my opinion is because it is above the four meter mark which gives the designers more space to be creative but on the downside attracts a much costlier price tag. further vento is from a different segment altogether so it is unfair to compare it with amaze given the price tag.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 00:21   #405
BHPian

I am sure I did not have any halucination-inducing beverage, but suddenly the Toyota Etios looks pretty! (no, I am not talking about the March'13 facelift Etios). IMO even the Chevrolet Sail sedan looks better.

Seriously, I was so (add a few more 'o's) looking forward to this, but it is a huge disappointment.

Is it only me or the test drive car in Silver looks much better than this one?

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 9th March 2013 at 00:25.
vasanthn21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks