Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2014, 07:36   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasi405 View Post
I have been only to Concorde Mathura Rd. so far (1500km and 5000km). There is a company called Delta very near my house in Sec56 Gurgaon, but I haven't checked them out yet.

I have gone to them. Not very impressed. They only have 2 senior people and am not impressed with the knowledge they have.
Old 15th March 2014, 07:57   #2402
BHPian

Where do you go, VipulKamboj? Any better place? Also, Concorde Mathura Rd is 2 minutes from my office in Jasola, so its conveninent for me.
Old 15th March 2014, 11:38   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
I have ordered two 311gm cans from Bombay. Planning to try it out on a wooden bar counter top in one of my projects, to see how transparent it actually is. One of the cans I will reserve for the bumper.
I've searched Ebay as well as Amazon but couldn't find this product. How did you order it from Mumbai?
Old 15th March 2014, 12:47   #2404
BHPian

Here are the details of the Bombay guy:
M/S Cosmotech
Mr. Pankaj Gandhi
M : +919820048105
T : +91 22 32560130
eMail : cosmotech90@yahoo.com
Add : A / 22, Shalimar Ind. Est,
Matunga Labour Camp, Matunga East, Mumbai - 19.

Also, my rear hatch had begun squeaking very badly the last two days, probably due to two months of regular running on some bad roads. The DIY solution of winding insulation tape on the latch seems to have worked. Let's see how long it lasts.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 16:17   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Where do you go, VipulKamboj? Any better place? Also, Concorde Mathura Rd is 2 minutes from my office in Jasola, so its conveninent for me.

I have been going to Dhingra motors but they have too much on the plate and no one pays attention.
Old 16th March 2014, 08:39   #2406
BHPian

I think I have isolated a probable cause for the rear hatch squeak and rattle. There is a metal female bracket that slides on to a nylon male receptacle. In my case, I am seeing wear on both the metal part and the nylon part. Obviously, the play is allowing the door to squeak. Maybe if one periodically replaces both parts, the problem will be solved. Though this doesn't absolve TML from not doing a good job as far as designing, engineering and QC of this issue. (TBhp app not allowing me to attach the pictures).
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 20:38   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Weekend Trip to Ooty. Covered a 1000km, with an overall FE of about 14 kmpl.

Onward - BLR-Mys-Masinagudi-Ooty
Return - Kotagiri-Mettupalayam- Sathyamangalam Ghats - Kollegal - BLR

Took all the hair-pin bends in Masinagudi ghats in 2nd. Sathyamagalam ghats was easier, completing the 27 hair-pin bends in about 25 min, even though all turns taken in2nd gear, and not exceeding 45 kmph on the straights.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 00:33   #2408
Senior - BHPian

5 things discovered today:

1) There is a small blue colored fuse lying on the floor carpet near the accelerator pedal. Wonder where that came from .....

2) After a long drive when I coasted to a stop at home, with the engine still on, there was a different sound audible - tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat very clearly. Opened the bonnet and heard it loudly as well. Shut off the engine. After about an hour had to go out again. Same sound in the background. Then I engaged reverse gear to back the truck out, and after it had moved a meter or so, the sound disappeared. Has not come back after that. What could it have been?

3) While taking a right U turn over some rough undulating off-road surface, with steering on extreme right lock, there was a krrrrchhhh grating sound from the wheel/suspension. I did a similar left lock U turn to see if the sound came from there. It came from there too. Its not continuous. Only when the suspension is compressed. Is the tyre hitting the wheel well? Or something else. Something to do with the new front shockers? Both were changed in wwarranty recently -and for some reason I have not been finding them as stiff/tight as the older ones. As in, when I go into a corner fastish, the car dips on the outside of the corner at the front more than what I am used to. Both sides. I managed to get the sound on the smooth road once or twice as well (did many doughnuts with extreme lock on both sides to try and reproduce the sound) - though not as often as on the bad undulating surface.

4) Lastly, whn I had opened the bonnet to check for that sound, I discovered the oil filler cap (yellow one) loose. I tightened it with my hand and found that beyond a point of full tight, it slips. The thread is definitely shot. I remember the National guys tightening it with a plier after changing the oil. Am wondering if that is the done thing (as opposed to hand tightening torque), and if not, could that have slipped the thread.

5) The 5th is a minor thing, as opposed to the above, but should not be happening so soon after the 3rd service. The brakes are making that squealing sound every time I brake. They said they cleaned the brakes. Baah!

Hope Behram reads this post and offers his expert comments here as well.

Last edited by ebonho : 17th March 2014 at 00:35.
Old 17th March 2014, 07:39   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Ebonho
I experience 1,3,5 regularly. You may refer this in my ownership thread. I could not figure out where 1 came from. 3 is apparently due to some stopper bolt. no explanation for 5 as well from tass. They just said if the problem is still there during 15k service they will replace the pads under amc
Old 17th March 2014, 13:14   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Ebonho I experience 1,3,5 regularly. You may refer this in my ownership thread. I could not figure out where 1 came from. 3 is apparently due to some stopper bolt. no explanation for 5 as well from tass. They just said if the problem is still there during 15k service they will replace the pads under amc
Yes to 1,3,5 on my Storme also! Brake squeaking is there irrespective of sudden or gentle tap on the brakes.
Old 17th March 2014, 15:36   #2411
BHPian

Ebonho, the tak-tak sound you observed after the long drive might be due to differential contraction of the metallic parts during cool down, provided its stopping on reversing the car is by coincidence. (I get such sound during cool down in my KarizmaZMR from near the joints of muffler, after a good heat-up of bike. Same for a friend's thunderbird). This type of sounds have constant volume, but time gap between Tak Tak increases gradually as the parts cool down and finally it stops.
Old 17th March 2014, 15:51   #2412
BHPian

Finished my first long trip on the Storme. Loved the way she crunched the miles! However, towards the end of the trip, found the cabin lights on always even with all the doors properly locked. Any pointers as to the reason? (Cabin light's settings were to the central position-on with doors open only)
Old 17th March 2014, 18:18   #2413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Weekend Trip to Ooty. Covered a 1000km, with an overall FE of about 14 kmpl.

Onward - BLR-Mys-Masinagudi-Ooty
Return - Kotagiri-Mettupalayam- Sathyamangalam Ghats - Kollegal - BLR

Took all the hair-pin bends in Masinagudi ghats in 2nd. Sathyamagalam ghats was easier, completing the 27 hair-pin bends in about 25 min, even though all turns taken in2nd gear, and not exceeding 45 kmph on the straights.
Wow ! 2nd gear thru the ghats and still 14 kmpl overall! That's stunning I should say!
Old 18th March 2014, 18:19   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Ebonho
I experience 1,3,5 regularly. You may refer this in my ownership thread. I could not figure out where 1 came from. 3 is apparently due to some stopper bolt. no explanation for 5 as well from tass. They just said if the problem is still there during 15k service they will replace the pads under amc
1) In addition to the blue fuse, now I have also discovered a black plastic self locking rivet type thing there as well.

3) Both my stopper bolts were replaced with the new type long ago (refer my Beastie thread). Never heard this grating/grinding sound before. What was the solution in your case?

5) I will insist they replace the pads as well if there is some new material/design you know of. This sound is not acceptable fresh after service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Yes to 1,3,5 on my Storme also! Brake squeaking is there irrespective of sudden or gentle tap on the brakes.
1) hmmmmm ..... could you figure out where the fuse came from, or did you just chuck it away? Apparently there are a number of spare fuses in the box jst belw the steering column, so even if they fall off nothing will malfunction or stop working. But the fuses are tightly fitted and need a special puller to be removed. They cannot be removed by hand.

3) Solution for 3?

5) What about 5? Replace or clean ..... once more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGarg View Post
Ebonho, the tak-tak sound you observed after the long drive might be due to differential contraction of the metallic parts during cool down, provided its stopping on reversing the car is by coincidence. (I get such sound during cool down in my KarizmaZMR from near the joints of muffler, after a good heat-up of bike. Same for a friend's thunderbird). This type of sounds have constant volume, but time gap between Tak Tak increases gradually as the parts cool down and finally it stops.
This is not the cooling tic tic of a catcon bro. This was a rhythmic tatatatatat sound with the engine running. Different to the normal idle sound. And audible in the background. It was there on idle before shutting off the engine after a drive. It was still there on cranking up the engine after a while. It then went away when I depressed the clutch and engaged reverse and started moving back. Does that give some hint what it could have been?

It has not reappeared since then so am unsure what the service guys would do.

Ditto for the grating sound on extreme right or left steering lock and u turns. It does not come always / on level surface. Only on undulating up and down surface.
Old 18th March 2014, 22:11   #2415
BHPian

Has anyone experienced problems with the front wheel 'toe-out' position being more than permissible, after driving over rough roads? I have a 7-8km ultra rough road that I drive through twice daily 5 days of the week, and today when I looked at the gaadi I suspect what I think is a little extra 'toe-out'. Drove at 100kmph on the way back from work (on a 4 lane highway of course!!) and didn't sense anything really off in the handling, so wondering if it needs to be checked or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks