Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 11:00   #2791
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I have driven the Vento quite a bit and I found the behavior of the brakes to be unpredictable at low speeds, even though am not sure if the one I drove (Zoomcar) had ABS or not. I felt the brakes lacking in bite on a few occasions while slowing down for speedbreakers on a highway. However, as you say, it was perfect while slowing down from higher speeds.

Would be interesting to hear from other Polo/Vento owners
Many owners(including me) have experienced the similar problem and the same is reported in this thread.

For me it happens only if the road is not good(e.g. potholes, speed bumps, gravel, sand) and in very low speed.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 11th May 2015 at 11:07.
Old 11th May 2015, 12:30   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
For me it happens only if the road is not good(e.g. potholes, speed bumps, gravel, sand) and in very low speed.
Same observations as mine. I have a Vento diesel and the car shows exact same behaviour when braking hard over potholes or roads which are not smooth/levelled.
The ABS makes loud grinding sound, car showa very less braking power and simply gets thrown forward. Recently upgraded to 205 tyres and it has helped improved braking by a lot but still something is wrong with the way ABS has been calibrated on this car.
Old 11th May 2015, 21:24   #2793
BANNED

We can all agree that the abs logic is quite stupid and potentially endangering. We have to learn to live with it, since Volkswagen isn't interested and neither is a solution available for us to implement. Sigh.
Old 16th May 2015, 16:14   #2794
BHPian

My pursuit of an automatic hatch is leaning towards the GT TSi. Are there any key concerns to be aware of?

I'd heard about the DSG failure issues couple of years ago. During the test drive today, the Sales Advisor assured me that the DSG issue has been rectified and there are no reports of the same in their service department.
Old 18th May 2015, 12:03   #2795

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Many owners(including me) have experienced the similar problem and the same is reported in this thread.

I faced this issue twice - once at a crossroad when I was slowly inching ahead and one biker from the left side came in front and I had to break hard. There was the terrible ABS sound and the car just went ahead. Luckily did not bump into biker-not sure if I braked again or the car stopped itself.

I was googling about this issue "ABS activates at slow speed" and obviously we are in good company. as per this thread ( although pretty old), a mild tap to reposition the sensor should solve the issue

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ry-slow-speeds

I will be giving the car this week for the first check-up after 6 months. I wanted to highlight this issue to them. But now it looks like a generic issue and I'm not sure whether I need to state this is as a problem to the service center or not. I have read about cases where cars have been kept at the service center for weeks without resolution.

On a different note, theoretically this is supposed to be a free checkup ( assuming I do not do need anything extra). Is this true or any surprises here ? Appreciate if owners can share your experience.

I do have a slight sound coming from the rear right side of the car while going over bumps and will be checking that.

- Anton
Old 18th May 2015, 14:24   #2796

Fellow GT TSI drivers -

My GT TSI is just about 9 months old and completed 10K kms of running. Yesterday while driving on a highway I heard weird sounds of may be brake pads/liners. Some kind of friction.
This was particularly observed when I had to brake down to stop and then lifted my foot off the brake pedal and pressed the accelerator to start from halt (0 kmph) and get going.
I was driving with 4 fellow passengers along with me and I sensed a lack in the acceleration as well. Never experienced this before. Later when I was driving with just 2 passengers in the car, this sound apparently was absent or I couldn't hear it in the city traffic.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing or does anyone know about the possible cause ??

This is very saddening experience for me. I didn't expect this to happen so soon. :(
Old 18th May 2015, 14:28   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTON.D View Post
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ry-slow-speeds

I will be giving the car this week for the first check-up after 6 months. I wanted to highlight this issue to them. But now it looks like a generic issue and I'm not sure whether I need to state this is as a problem to the service center or not. I have read about cases where cars have been kept at the service center for weeks without resolution.
Even I have tried to google for the problem, and got couple of solutions(e.g. cleaning the brake, cleaning the senor, realigning the sensor etc).
By knowing the knowledge of the VW technicians in India, mostly this would not get solved :-(. In case they solve this problem, please do let us know the exact solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTON.D View Post
On a different note, theoretically this is supposed to be a free checkup ( assuming I do not do need anything extra). Is this true or any surprises here ? Appreciate if owners can share your experience.
As part of the free checkup, Service technician just checks the fluid levels(coolant, engine oil, gearbox oil, wiper fluid), and then top them up. After this, the car is washed(dealers discretion) and returned to you.

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 18th May 2015 at 14:30.
Old 18th May 2015, 15:02   #2798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post
Fellow GT TSI drivers -

My GT TSI is just about 9 months old and completed 10K kms of running. Yesterday while driving on a highway I heard weird sounds of may be brake pads/liners. Some kind of friction.
This was particularly observed when I had to brake down to stop and then lifted my foot off the brake pedal and pressed the accelerator to start from halt (0 kmph) and get going.
I was driving with 4 fellow passengers along with me and I sensed a lack in the acceleration as well. Never experienced this before. Later when I was driving with just 2 passengers in the car, this sound apparently was absent or I couldn't hear it in the city traffic.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing or does anyone know about the possible cause ??

This is very saddening experience for me. I didn't expect this to happen so soon. :(
This might sound silly but do you have mud flaps on your polo? Did you check if these mud flaps were touching the road with 5 people on board or one was loose?

Maybe additional load caused the mud flaps to scrape the road but with 2 it wasn't touching.

Do you have upsized tyres? That might also be a probable cause if the size is too big.
Old 18th May 2015, 15:11   #2799

I haven't upsized the tyres. Everything is stock.

I didn't check if the mudflaps were touching the road or not, but the sound was kind of metal to metal friction or something rubbing the metal, kind of high frequency sharp sound. Didn't sound like it was plastic scraping the tar road.

Also if I'm not wrong the additional load should give this sound all the time or whenever the suspension lowered the body.

Will find it out soon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th May 2015 at 15:20. Reason: Removed excess dots. Please do not type like... this... Thanks!
Old 18th May 2015, 17:16   #2800
Senior - BHPian

What is the real life FE of the TSI?

I had an opportunity to drive the car much longer than earlier and I am now a believer. Was floored with the response and handling of the car. What concerns me is the DSG and VW service stories that is not inspiring any confidence.
Old 18th May 2015, 17:23   #2801
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Somewhere between 6-7 in city traffic. This is with 97 octane.
Highway driving is 12. If I'm driving at 6am then it can jump to 16-17.
Stock car.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:34   #2802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post
I haven't upsized the tyres. Everything is stock.

I didn't check if the mudflaps were touching the road or not, but the sound was kind of metal to metal friction or something rubbing the metal, kind of high frequency sharp sound. Didn't sound like it was plastic scraping the tar road.

Also if I'm not wrong the additional load should give this sound all the time or whenever the suspension lowered the body.

Will find it out soon.
Where does it come from? Have you been able to single-out the part of the car where it seems to originate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
After having done about 1000 km, I'm getting around 9-11 in the city and about 14+ on the highway, IF driven well. Drive it enthusiastically and it will drop by a few.

EDIT: 9-11 Km/l in moderate traffic. Put it in slow, bumper-to-bumper stuff and it will fall to 7-8 no matter how well you drive.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th May 2015 at 18:37.
Old 18th May 2015, 18:41   #2803

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Where does it come from? Have you been able to single-out the part of the car where it seems to originate
No I haven't been able to single-out the part from where the sound is coming from... But I believe its coming from rear wheels
Old 18th May 2015, 20:10   #2804
BHPian

Quote:

After having done about 1000 km, I'm getting around 9-11 in the city and about 14+ on the highway, IF driven well. Drive it enthusiastically and it will drop by a few.

EDIT: 9-11 Km/l in moderate traffic. Put it in slow, bumper-to-bumper stuff and it will fall to 7-8 no matter how well you drive.
I get 12-13 km/l in traffic with an average speed of 16-20 kmph. Falls by 1.5 km/l if AC is switched on, at least now in Summer.

If driven in S, 7.5 -8 km/l in the same stretch. If driven very very gently, 14 km/l, but I could do this only once since I'm no saint.

I must also mention that my i10 gives 7.5-8 km/l along the same stretch if driven gently.

Summing up, I would say the TSI is very sensitive to throttle input.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 09:16   #2805

Quote:

I get about 7-8 kmpl in slow traffic, 10-12 kmpl in normal city traffic, about 14-15 kmpl on highways when driving at 120-130 kmph / RPM above 2000 and 18-19 kmpl when driving at 60-80 kmph RPM about 1300-1500. Thats when I drive like a GOOD BOY !! . Overall in mixed driving conditions, I get about 13-14 kmpl on tank full about 500-550 kms for full tank . Quite Happy about the fuel efficiency of this car though this factor was least important to me while I made the choice to buy this car considering the other woww factor this car offers !

Once I was blown when I recorded 19.5 kmpl on highway early morning while commuting to office !! over a stretch of about 20 kms .

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_3335.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2015 at 09:19. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
Cool_SRK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks