Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 15:16   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Not kidding its true I don't miss the spoiler, i will post an image from home.
Honestly Sankar, I have a funny feeling that you are not the only one who feels that !!

I was recently washing my GT and a neighbor parked her Polo TDI (pre-facelift) close to my stead. I suddenly noticed that there was not a huge difference between that car and mine when it came to the Spoiler silhouette !! It seems to be quite conspicuous on the GTs.

I would have really wished the so called "GT Differentiators" were a bit more pronounced if not loud, over the regular Polo's

However, if your GT really came without a Spoiler, you must be really prepping up a legal suit against VW.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st April 2015 at 15:18.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:29   #2762
Senior - BHPian

GT TDI Without Roof Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
You've got to be kidding Sankar!

Could you post a snap of the rear?
Here it is. Posting the side profile as its been raining heavily this evening and could manage a side shot only but anyway you can see it.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20150421_152341.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Now that is something really serious . How old is your car?
Even it might be late but you should really take it up with VW .

Spoiler is something which you have noticed, but how about something which might not visible.

Ya a snap of the car would be really helpful .
I bought it on the 18th of last month. But its Oct 2014 model which i got for a nice price. Done 2500Km as of now and everything else seems to be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Honestly Sankar, I have a funny feeling that you are not the only one who feels that !!

I was recently washing my GT and a neighbor parked her Polo TDI (pre-facelift) close to my stead. I suddenly noticed that there was not a huge difference between that car and mine when it came to the Spoiler silhouette !! It seems to be quite conspicuous on the GTs.
Exactly the presence of the spoiler or the lack of it is not evident at a glance especially if its body coloured or in my case when the car is this shade.

Quote:
I would have really wished the so called "GT Differentiators" were a bit more pronounced if not loud, over the regular Polo's

However, if your GT really came without a Spoiler, you must be really prepping up a legal suit against VW.
Yes they could have made the GT more unique. Like how Skoda does their VRS editions.

Last edited by Sankar : 21st April 2015 at 19:31.
Old 21st April 2015, 19:42   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I bought it on the 18th of last month. But its Oct 2014 model which i got for a nice price. Done 2500Km as of now and everything else seems to be .
Did you check why a GT, which has a waiting period of 2 months minimum, was lying in the stockyard for so long .

You didn't notice the spoiler missing while taking delivery of the car ? Hope you have done a proper pdi before taking the delivery of the GT .
Old 21st April 2015, 20:34   #2764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Can you please post some pics if its possible.
Here you go. Looks more grey than black to me.
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img20150421wa0008.jpg
Old 21st April 2015, 20:38   #2765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Did you check why a GT, which has a waiting period of 2 months minimum, was lying in the stockyard for so long .

You didn't notice the spoiler missing while taking delivery of the car ? Hope you have done a proper pdi before taking the delivery of the GT .
Yes no takers for this GT and now you know why I didn't do a proper PDI but gave it a quick lookup before it was taken for temporary registration and didn't find anything else amiss. Mainly I just wanted the GT spec engine (on paper also apart from badges, thats why i didn't choose Highline and remap it) and all black interiors. I hate beige/greige. Btw the engine code and the ECU map (confirmed) is GT only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Here you go. Looks more grey than black to me.
Attachment 1363205
Thats because of the cam flash and also the presence of deep piano black finish around stereo and ac. Its definitely not grey or greige.

Last edited by Sankar : 21st April 2015 at 20:40.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 10:33   #2766
Senior - BHPian

Re: GT TDI Without Roof Spoiler

Quote:

Here it is.

in my case when the car is this shade.
Hey Sankar, I can imagine about the confusion on the old GT like mine, but are you sure you don't have a spoiler on your GT with is 1.5 TDi.

And have they just painted the rear black or is this completely missing bro ?

Here's a pic of mine, where the Spoiler is a thing of 'You Blink and Miss" !!

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc_2217.jpg

Compared to this, my previous stead the Getz GLS 1.3 had a beautiful spoiler, which actually was quite noticeable and way too different from the lower versions.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-20110814-06.43.19.jpg

Last edited by Vik0728 : 22nd April 2015 at 10:35.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 13:33   #2767
Senior - BHPian

Re: GT TDI Without Roof Spoiler

Quote:
Hey Sankar, I can imagine about the confusion on the old GT like mine, but are you sure you don't have a spoiler on your GT with is 1.5 TDi.

And have they just painted the rear black or is this completely missing bro ?
Here's a pic of mine, where the Spoiler is a thing of 'You Blink and Miss" !!
Its not there in my car man... the 1.5GTs were supposed to come with black spoiler and its not there. Not even body coloured ones
Old 30th April 2015, 19:38   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Then perhaps VW should revise the specs indicated in their website to reflect the changes so as to not mislead customers:
The change now reflects on the website.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-gt.jpg

On a separate note, I feel really sad as a prospective customer that VW has this bad habit of silently snipping features off the features list. I agree, it won't make a world of a difference to someone paying 10L for a hatchback if the handbrake isn't leather wrapped. But the little things matter, VW. Isn't that why TeamBHP has a little section called the "Smaller yet significant things" in each of their reviews?

Make no mistake, people who want the car will go and buy it. These omissions aren't really a deal breaker for many. But. And it's a big but at that, at the back of my mind I know there's someone else who has paid the exact same amount for the exact same car and has more kit on his car than mine. Not fair.

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 10:43   #2769
BHPian

Hello team!

I bought a polo TSI in december 2014. Great car, The engine gearbox combo is a gem and very entertaining. I have done about 4200 trouble free grin inducing kilometers so far.

Trouble began when one morning the car refused to start. The key wouldn't work. The key turns properly till ignition, then its stuck! Unable to crank the car. The VW technician came from ABRA motors and said the car has to be taken to the workshop because it looks like a problem with the key barrel.

It was sad to see my car on a flatbed, but i consoled myself thinking that sometimes things happen and my car should be back soon. The part was ordered and took 3 days to arrive. The work was completed and car was delivered yesterday. The steering lock and ignition barrel costs 7000 bucks! Thank god for warranty!

I took my car for a drive this morning and guess what, the car has come back with more problems than it went with. The useless people at the service center have successfully spoilt a perfectly running car

1) The ESP warning light is on and the traction control light stays on after the car is switched on.
2) The brakes feel numb and lack any bite. Might be because of the TC sensor fault.
3) The horn pad does not work properly. The right side of the pad is dead.

I went to a alternate service center today, KUN VW in Guindy. After a scan the technician said the ABS/TC sensor is in the steering column and has failed.
These useless jokers at ABRA motors have created 2 new problems out of a simple problem!

The VW service center has completely spoilt the new car feel and experience. Iam now forced to run around and wait for another part to arrive and my horn pad might never be fixed from what the KUN technician told me.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st May 2015 at 13:00. Reason: Removing objectionable word
Old 1st May 2015, 13:13   #2770
Distinguished - BHPian

Why did you not go straight back to Abra? They should fix whatever they broke.
Old 1st May 2015, 13:25   #2771
BHPian

@Vibhu- While I sympathise with your experience, I feel you should have gone back to Abra and ensure they set right, what they botched up. By avoiding them they would be oblivious of their mistake and continue becoming a nightmare for other customers who would not be aware of your experience. Hope you reported this to VW!
Old 1st May 2015, 15:10   #2772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By avoiding them they would be oblivious of their mistake
And you have to pay somebody else to correct the new problems. Not saying Abra would necessarily have accepted full responsibility, but it would have been worth giving them, and your wallet, the chance.

I bought my Polo from Abra, and they did first service and replaced a broken rear windscreen. No complaints, but I don't continue to use them because they are far too far away. I would rather be there in person than have collect/deliver.
Old 1st May 2015, 16:29   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
@Vibhu- While I sympathise with your experience, I feel you should have gone back to Abra and ensure they set right, what they botched up. By avoiding them they would be oblivious of their mistake and continue becoming a nightmare for other customers who would not be aware of your experience. Hope you reported this to VW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And you have to pay somebody else to correct the new problems. Not saying Abra would necessarily have accepted full responsibility, but it would have been worth giving them, and your wallet, the chance.

I bought my Polo from Abra, and they did first service and replaced a broken rear windscreen. No complaints, but I don't continue to use them because they are far too far away. I would rather be there in person than have collect/deliver.
In hindsight, taking it back to abra would have been the right thing to do. The KUN service centre is 5 mins from my work place and abra workshop is in the other end of the city. The reason I went to abra is because I bought the car there.
I have sent a mail to Customer.Care@volkswagen.co.in. Let's see how they responded.
vibhu_f430 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 22:02   #2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hello team!

I bought a polo TSI in december 2014. Great car, The engine gearbox combo is a gem and very entertaining. I have done about 4200 trouble free grin inducing kilometers so far.

Trouble began when one morning the car refused to start. The key wouldn't work. The key turns properly till ignition, then its stuck! Unable to crank the car. The VW technician came from ABRA motors and said the car has to be taken to the workshop because it looks like a problem with the key barrel.
Hi Guys, I've just joined this awesome forum. I just had to comment on this before i post my introduction, initial ownership report, et cetera. I faced a very similar issue to [quote=vibhu_f430;3697636].

I took delivery of my beast (F. Red) on Tuesday 28th April at about 4pm from B.U.Bhandari Wakad, Pune.

what an absolute beauty! more on all that later...

Drove around for about 20kms (rather nervously for the initial couple of kms) . Got home and parked it well. pweh .. ALL good so far..

at about 7pm after going through the manuals, insurance etc. I decided to take it out for a spin. And for some reason, the dashboard, MFD just wont light up after turning the key into ignition. Obviously being a new car for me, with all the fancy electronics of the gearbox, i thought i am doing something wrong. But after 10 mins, to my terror, no matter what I tried, I just could not get the MFD/dash to respond. The key turned to ignition but the car didnt respond at all.
Immediately, called the sales guy at VW wakad who asked to check if my horn, windows worked after turning the key. They didn't. Then he asked me to check whether the battery leads were connected properly. They were. Unsurprisingly as the foot-area lights were on. He suggested that maybe the battery is dead. It didnt make much sense but sufficed to say, I got crazy mad that a 10L car with such awesome tech isnt working in a matter of hours from delivery because of a dead battery. Worst even, the sales guy asked me to call Roadside assistance instead of sending one of their service center people to solve this. He wouldnt even give me his number.

So I called up roadside and these guys mentioned that my car will have to be towed to the service center to solve the problem. I absolutely lost it! i just could not believe my luck. I started thinking, this was meant to happen, everything up until now was just too good to be true.

Roadside asked me to perform similar diagnostics to conclude that the battery is dead. I kept reiterating that the floor lamps and the lock/unlock horn sounds, the roof light, even the daytime headlights all worked perfectly. But the technician i was put through to insisted on a battery problem.

Finally, it was decided (now 10pm, this has been going on for than 3 hrs.) that the technician will come at 7am the next morning and jump the battery.

Tired, angry, frustrated and hungry by now..I just decided to stop thinking about this and have dinner. Calmed down a bit and then something just made me take my keys and go to the car again:

unlocked it > sat in > put the key > turned the steering in both directions, give it a bit of a jerk > turned the key >>>> and guess what!? the key turns an extra 5 degrees than before and the car responds!
Relief - the most understated way to describe my feeling then.

After some digging online and retracing the events of the day i remembered that after parking my car, I went in again to get the manuals from the glove box. And because i got in from the driver side, I had rested my right hand on the steering and obviously it got turned slightly as i stretched to reach the glove box and I remember hearing a distinctive 'click'. I didnt pay much attention to it then. I tried this again. Locked the car ie. remove the key from the ignition and THEN turned the steering a bit. The 'click' - again, and the steering doesnt move at all after that. But what this does is, when you insert the key to unlock - it does not turn fully into ignition or atleast not as smoothly as it should. You have to jerk the steering ever so slightly to get the key turned completely.

Called and cancelled the service request. Called the sales guy to inform all is well.

The sales guy called me the next morning and said that their resident tech expert on GTs mentioned that it has a steering lock system (NA in regular polos). which might be 'blocking' the key from turning completely. He also said that the GT is too technical and very few people are technically sound 'gt-wise'.

I just realized this has to be the longest 'first' post by anyone here

[quote=vibhu_f430;3697636] - did the car respond (dash light up) when you turned the key to ignition? Or did you face a problem just in the later part while cranking?

I hope it was the later... otherwise all your problems are because of the ignorance of tech guys at VW service centers. Hope you get quick and effective resolution for the other issues.

Reading your post, i couldnt help but feel this could have so easily happened to me as well had i not tried that one last time.

I plan to take this up with the showroom asap. Also, someone pointed out that one of the reversing light and rear fog lamp isnt working either. After driving for 180kms, i checked the tire pressures and found them to be more than 43 psi in each tire and as high as 49 psi in one!

Really disappointing pre-inspection before delivery. I hope they dont end up screwing up something else while fixing the lamp issues.

I'll end now and will post my reviews, views, et cetera very soon! All things said - again - What an absolute beauty!

Note from Support: Improper Quoting

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd May 2015 at 03:59. Reason: please avoid quoting full posts. Incoveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
rohn52 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 22:47   #2775
BHPian

@rohn52 - Welcome to the forum and congrats on your ride. Yeah, it's an absolute beauty and addictive. By the way the Polo has only one reverse lamp and fog lamp which are on either side and not two. Kindly go through the manual couple of times to get familiar with your machine.
Had faced the ignition issue myself, but a gentle try had it going. Do not get carried away and push drive hard for at least 1500 kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks