Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Car : Vw Polo GT TSI
Manufacture Year : November 2015
Purchased On : 23rd December 2015
Ex-Showroom Cost(Chandigarh):Rs 879937
-Cash Discount: Rs 15000

Discounted Car Cost :Rs 864937
In addition to the cash discount I got mud flaps and floor mats as free accessories.

Rs 6900 were charged for logistic & handling. I also purchased the extended warranty for Rs 13230. Did not go for the Vw insurance and this is where I managed to save a lot of money. Their quote for insurance was Rs 32100 and I got it done for only Rs 14900(Bumper to Bumper).

I haven't got the car registered yet. Cost of which would be 6% of Rs 864937 which comes out to be close to Rs 51000. So the total cost of purchase after including everything would come out to be Rs 952000 approximately.
Congrats on your purchase. A friend is looking to go ahead with TSi, hes particularly worried about the DSG coverage under extended warranty. Did ya purchase the warranty for 3-4 year and is DSG covered during that period ?
Old 24th December 2015, 16:43   #3557
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

We have lot of inputs for the steering wheel provided by lot of BHPians which helped noobs like me to make a quick decision for ordering. So after ordering steering wheel, I started searching for the engine tuning (Will not do immediately, but just checking).

I could see lot of tuning companies, Petes, redrooster, code6, T-O-T, Kiirus, etc, etc. Which one is recommended and what is the advantage of each?
(I guess saint and robi has done Pete's in their GT TSI.)

Is there one particular brand which is superior in all aspects or all has its own advantage? How does it hurt the engine (in-case there are any disadvantages).

And sorry for being the spoilsport, but I want to know whether there will be any reduction in mileage and if so by how much? Because loss of too much of mileage in this technologically superior times is not acceptable.

Are all plug and play or some companies products require extensive intricate operations to set up?

I guess most of them are in the range of approx 30k. Pl share the inputs you have.

Also I have seen that many people are buying GTI steering, changing headlamps, but very less people are doing engine tuning? Why is it so?

Last edited by petrol_power : 24th December 2015 at 16:46.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:19   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Congrats on your purchase. A friend is looking to go ahead with TSi, hes particularly worried about the DSG coverage under extended warranty. Did ya purchase the warranty for 3-4 year and is DSG covered during that period ?
The standard warranty for the car is 2 years. With the extended warranty the car is covered for a total of 4 years or 100000kms which ever is earlier. I think all hardwares/mechanics are covered under warranty and same should be for the gearbox as well.
Old 24th December 2015, 19:13   #3559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
A friend is looking to go ahead with TSi, hes particularly worried about the DSG coverage under extended warranty. Did ya purchase the warranty for 3-4 year and is DSG covered during that period ?
Yes, the DSG is covered during the extended warranty. The coverage for extended warranty is pretty much same as the regular one. Just that you need to pay for the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post

I could see lot of tuning companies, Petes, redrooster, code6, T-O-T, Kiirus, etc, etc. Which one is recommended and what is the advantage of each?

Is there one particular brand which is superior in all aspects or all has its own advantage? How does it hurt the engine (in-case there are any disadvantages).

And sorry for being the spoilsport, but I want to know whether there will be any reduction in mileage and if so by how much? Because loss of too much of mileage in this technologically superior times is not acceptable.

Are all plug and play or some companies products require extensive intricate operations to set up?

I guess most of them are in the range of approx 30k. Pl share the inputs you have.

Also I have seen that many people are buying GTI steering, changing headlamps, but very less people are doing engine tuning? Why is it so?
Some basic inputs. Most folks here seem to have done the Petes remap. bumps up power to ~125bhp and torque to 210nm. Cost is ~25K. Petes I know is an ECU remap and does not involve any external device/tuning box. They basically update the ECU map with a new one. The stock map is retained and can be reverted if needed. Whether that again involves payment is unclear. The drop in efficiency is negligible based on what I have read here.

On why people are not doing it, could be because the stock car is good enough and the gains are not huge. Things like paddle steering, headlamps and other changes go a long way in enhancing the driving experience. So a remap is probably lower on the priority list.

I personally plan to do it after 3-3.5 years in my Vento TSI (or after the extended warranty also finishes.)
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 11:39   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Car : Vw Polo GT TSI
Manufacture Year : November 2015
Purchased On : 23rd December 2015
Ex-Showroom Cost(Chandigarh):Rs 879937
-Cash Discount: Rs 15000

Discounted Car Cost :Rs 864937
In addition to the cash discount I got mud flaps and floor mats as free accessories.

Rs 6900 were charged for logistic & handling. I also purchased the extended warranty for Rs 13230. Did not go for the Vw insurance and this is where I managed to save a lot of money. Their quote for insurance was Rs 32100 and I got it done for only Rs 14900(Bumper to Bumper).

I haven't got the car registered yet. Cost of which would be 6% of Rs 864937 which comes out to be close to Rs 51000. So the total cost of purchase after including everything would come out to be Rs 952000 approximately.
Just spoke to the dealer and took your example. Smartly bumped up your discount figure to Rs 25,000 to which he immediately agreed. Now I wonder, should I have bumped up the figure even higher?

Below is the breakup given (Discount of Rs 25,000/- will be adjusted in this)

EX-SHOWROOM PRICE 8,57,700.00
INSURANCE SELF
REGISTRATION DELHI (Company) 79,549.00
LOGISTIC CHARGES 6,900.00
NO. PLATE 213.00
EXTENDED WARRANTY 3RD & 4TH YEAR 13,289.00
RSA 3,397.00
ON ROAD PRICE 9,61,048.00

Last edited by abhjain : 25th December 2015 at 11:59.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 15:43   #3561
BHPian

I am now thoroughly confused between Figo DCT and Polo Tsi. The price difference is approximately 1.5 lacs. The Figo is plenty for a good ride and suspension is well tuned. However Tsi plus DSG combination is a gem. What tilts me into favouring Figo is the promise of 10 year and 2 lac kms warranty on the gear box. Any advice?
Old 26th December 2015, 16:04   #3562
BHPian

Yesterday, I got back my car after third service (45000 kms). Got a bill of around Rs 11K which included fixing of one ORVM mirror, wiper blade replacement and one set of brake pad. Specifically asked them not to do the alignment, balancing and wiper fluid replacement.

VW whitefield dealer took 3 days for the service (because of lot of cars).

This morning, after a short drive to the mall, the car refused to start. No cranking at all. But all electricals(like center console, ac, music system) were fine

Since, battery was replaced 15 days back, I had ruled out the battery problem. Before calling RSA decided to call the battery guy, and tried jump start. As expected car did not crank.

Called the VW whitefield, technician asked me to check for any loose fuses(which are just below the steering). And yes, there were couple of loose fuses. Made sure that they are fixed properly (by pressing each of them). Even after this car did not start.

Spoke to the Service Manager, and he made sure to send the technician to my place. After two hours technician arrived, and started analysing by looking at fuses. Then removed the battery, looked at the starter motor(which is just below the battery), and voila there was a cut in the wire. Fixed the same.
According to the technician, this happens because of the wear and tear(lot of heat in the engine compartment)

Was happy because there was no other major problem.

Total damage to the pocket:Paid Rs 500 to the technician, and Rs 200 to the driver.
Old 26th December 2015, 16:11   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
We have lot of inputs for the steering wheel provided by lot of BHPians which helped noobs like me to make a quick decision for ordering. So after ordering steering wheel, I started searching for the engine tuning (Will not do immediately, but just checking).

There's also Revo & Superchips. Extensive research has been done on this by the group & Revo gives the highest figures at a higher RPM too. Close second is superchips (stage 2 remap which also requires an exhaust upgrade). The Saint is running Revo now & not Pete's. It's an ECU remap so they connect a laptop to the OBD port of the car & flash the ECU with a new map. No intricacies. Regarding your last point, there's only so much juice you can take out of the 1.2L engine! But yes, quite a few GTs on the group are tuned with different maps.
polo_ankit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 16:57   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post

Spoke to the Service Manager, and he made sure to send the technician to my place. After two hours technician arrived, and started analysing by looking at fuses. Then removed the battery, looked at the starter motor(which is just below the battery), and voila there was a cut in the wire. Fixed the same.
According to the technician, this happens because of the wear and tear(lot of heat in the engine compartment)

Was happy because there was no other major problem.

Total damage to the pocket:Paid Rs 500 to the technician, and Rs 200 to the driver.
Hard to believe!
Do other cars have this problem?
I can't imagine heat causing cut wires, sounds fishy IMHO.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 18:45   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I seriously doubt that! As to my knowledge, wiring used in cars come with a very good insulation made to withstand such temperatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Hard to believe!
I second you mate. Issue here seems like an accidental damage or wire chewed on by a rodent, which is fairly common. I myself have faced that twice.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 26th December 2015 at 18:48. Reason: Corrected spacing :)
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 19:51   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Hard to believe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I second you mate. Issue here seems like an accidental damage or wire chewed on by a rodent, which is fairly common. I myself have faced that twice.
Guys, I have no idea. I saw the wire which was completely cut(there were no marks of any bite).

It's possible that during service somebody would have pulled some cables (may be while replacing the air filter which is just above the starter motor). I hope it is unintentional.

I have shared this post because it would be helpful. Generally when we have starting trouble, we only look at the battery. Just below the battery there is starter motor (which may be a culprit)
Old 27th December 2015, 16:06   #3567
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Enjoying the GT. A week down and 800 kms done. Just back from a trip to Kodaikanal. Very impressed with the car on the hills. The DSG is very different when compared to TC gearboxes. Reasonable engine braking when going downhill even in D mode.

The FE overall for the 400 km trip (about 100 km of hills, 100 km 4 lane highways and 200km 2 lane highways) was 14.5 as per MID. Did not exceed 110 kmph, pretty relaxed drive. Not bad considering the engine is still in the run in period. Kept the revs less than 2.5K in the hills and around 2.2k max on the flats.

The car is super good to drive in city and 2 lane highways, though overtaking on the 2 lane roads needs a bit of planning in D mode or need to use manual mode.

On the 4 lane highways nothing exceptional. Probably too early to tell, but I think the GT TDI would be better for long hauls. One reason is that the FE drops after 90kmph. My average was around 16 excluding the 4 lane roads ( hills included). Like I said, too early to tell.

The plus:

CC works flawlessly.

The quality of switchgear is top notch.

Surprisingly, the boot was spacious and usable ( baggage for 2 adults and 2 kids for 3 days)

The ICE after the speaker upgrade is good.

The dual tone horn is super loud.

The niggles:

Developed a rattle on the front passenger seat belt lock.

Rear seat space is non existent for adults. Strictly children only.

The BT phone connectivity is actually irritating.

The auto close RVM button feels so fragile, I am scared to use it. I wish VW had added an auto close with door lock function.

High beam is lacking. Got the xtreme visions. Need to get it fixed.

What am I lacking or what I wished were present:
1. Paddle shifters would make a difference.
2. Arm rest badly missed. And the door pad on atleast the drivers side could be padded.
3. BT with phone book facility.
4. Rear disc brakes
5. A bit more power wouldn't hurt.

Actually, nothing more.

Last edited by differential : 27th December 2015 at 16:33.
differential is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 22:02   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I am now thoroughly confused between Figo DCT and Polo Tsi. The price difference is approximately 1.5 lacs. The Figo is plenty for a good ride and suspension is well tuned. However Tsi plus DSG combination is a gem. What tilts me into favouring Figo is the promise of 10 year and 2 lac kms warranty on the gear box. Any advice?
What was your TD experience? I had the old Ford Fiesta, which had impeccable handling. But the new Figo has compromised on it. Performance wise TSI beats Figo easily. But Figo has better space. So if you would drive more with full family, it could be a good option. TSI is fun to drive vehicle.
Old 29th December 2015, 06:00   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinchavan View Post
What was your TD experience? I had the old Ford Fiesta, which had impeccable handling. But the new Figo has compromised on it. Performance wise TSI beats Figo easily. But Figo has better space. So if you would drive more with full family, it could be a good option. TSI is fun to drive vehicle.
TDing Tsi is what I regret now. I was more than happy with the Figo before I drove the Tsi! Space is not an issue for me. Only concern is that I already have a DSG rapid with me. Putting all the eggs in one basket doesn't make any logical sense, but the heart says otherwise!
Old 31st December 2015, 19:05   #3570
BHPian

Our stock HU doesn't support FLAC? .flac is an age old format and why it is not being supported ? That's sad :(

Can some one please confirm or is it the issue with my Head Unit?
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks